• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

n00bish moveset. omg

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
(Lots of timed out connections due to rush)

Tried to get your attention, huh, guys? Well, it most likely is a n00b moveset, and I am willing to accept any and all suggestions for my team. It's for a tournament I'm entering. The rules are I am prohibited to have any Pokémon that is considered Overused. I am allowed Borderline Pokémon, but no more than three, and allowed as many UUs and NUs that I want. Why? Because this tourney is for the thinkers who actually use strategy and semi-power to win. That is all. So, keep that in mind when critiquing, okay? Here's mah team. Oh, and also, I suck at determining EVs, so really help me out here on this one (I just used Smogon, as it is damn good). Recommend anything. No strings attached. Okay, enough rambling. xD

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 50 HP / 208 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 44 HP / 220 Spd / 244 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- HP Ice
- Substitute

I also have a backup Ampharos, as well. Which Pokémon should I use to best benefit me?

Ampharos @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- HP Ice
- Focus Punch (.....)

Octillery @ Choice Band
Trait: Suction Cups
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- HP Grass
- Beat Up

Swellow @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Facade
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing
- Return

Nidoking @ Choice Band
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

All right. Any comments will be obliged.

Havak

The Best
It's not too bad really, get the Choice Band off of Octillery as it's not helping though. Choice Band only increases Physical Attack power.

IMO you need more defences. I'd suggest Hypno as a Special Wall, which can also pass around Wish too.

Aggron or Golem would be the best physical walls you'll be allowed to pick (most likely).

Swellow wants HP Ground, but Dodrio can do it all better, even if it's slower.

I'd go for Manectric over Ampharos too.

Hidden Power Fire/Ice are options on Exeggutor.

I'd probably use Will-O-Wisp on Houndoom as well, due to your not so great defence and the fact that the special walls in UU are pretty much all Psychic types anyway.

Sorry about the random order of things, but meh ._.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
All right, so I've fixed all of my errors, but what to replace with Hypno? I replaced Nidoking with Aggron for power and Defense, but I still lack something that can ward off a couple of the Borderlines in this tournament...

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- HP Ice
- Substitute

Octillery @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- HP Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

Swellow @ Choice Band
- Facade
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing
- HP Ground

Aggron @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 160 Spd / 252 Atk / 96 HP (???)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- HP Steel
- Rock Slide

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Replace Octillery with Hypno.

lol @HP Steel. Focus Punch on Aggron.

Explosion/HP Fire on Exeggutor.

Havak

The Best
Aggron would be better with something like this...

Aggron (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 176 Atk / 106 Def
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

And yeah I agree with AB, take out Octillery for Hypno.

Octillery is only useful as a Baton Pass recipiant, thanks to suction cups.

DoubleX

<-- want it
All right, so I've fixed all of my errors, but what to replace with Hypno? I replaced Nidoking with Aggron for power and Defense, but I still lack something that can ward off a couple of the Borderlines in this tournament...

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam

HP Fire over Psychic imo.

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- HP Ice
- Substitute

Fine. I don't have Netbattle in front of me and thus can't check the actual HP number, but make sure your HP is divisible by 4 so that the Petaya activates on the third sub. Then this sweeps a lot of stuff.

Octillery @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

This isn't doing much for your team, I agree. If you want to put Hypno here, I reckon Seismic Toss/Wish/Thunder Wave/Reflect. Or if you want a Special sponge you can also use Grumpig, in which case go Sub/Psychic/HP Dark/CM.

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- HP Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

Fine, but I don't like pinch berries without Sub or Endure; it's too random. I reckon Leftovers, or if you really don't want this thing statused you can also go Lum.

Swellow @ Choice Band
- Facade
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing
- HP Ground

Fine.

Aggron @ Choice Band
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- HP Steel
- Rock Slide

CB Aggron? That's new. I would, however, suggest you make this slot your physical wall. You can use Aggron for that if you like, but be wary of Fighting and Ground moves (switch for Hypno and Swellow respectively if you see one of them coming). For wall Aggron go with what Havak posted.
Comments in bold.

Why? Because this tourney is for the thinkers who actually use strategy and semi-power to win.
I laughed at that.
Exeggutor @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam

Psychic ._.
You need HP Fire, else Grass and steel types will beat you. Consider Wish though.

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- HP Ice
- Substitute

Crunch is meh. If you need to hit things like Hypno, you're better off Toxicing it.

Octillery @ Leftovers
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Why exactly do you need max Atk when you're only running one Physical attack?
<logic>
And why are you using sludge bomb exactly? Fire/Water/Ice covers pretty much everything. Rock Blast is cool, and if not, use double edge.

EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- HP Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

No Pursuit is bg. to be honest, when you have Crunch, I find HP Crass to be a bit meh. Seeing as swampert can't swap in much to a Crunch, and doesn't exist in your metagame.
Quag has **** SDef, and will probably be 2HKO'd by Crunch. Same again with most other Water types.
Will-o-Wisp is crap as well.

Overheat or Fire Blast / Crunch / HP Ice / Pursuit is good.

EVs: 76 HP / 180 Spd / 252 SAtk

Swellow @ Choice Band
- Facade
- Aerial Ace
- Steel Wing
- HP Ground

Return or Double Edge over Facade.
Adamant.

Aggron @ Choice Band
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- HP Steel
- Rock Slide

CB Aggron is something I used to use a lot in uu ^_^

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 164 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def / 88 Spd
- Rock Slide
- Iron Tail
- Focus Punch
- Blizzard / Double-Edge

that was cool

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Fighting_Master, this question is directed at you: why in the hell do you want inaccurate moves of the wrong type on Aggron? Iron Tail has 75% accuracy, and Blizzard is not even of its type, and if you may have paid attention, I already have Double-Edge on it.

PatTar

yee.
iron tail is much better than HP Steel, though steel is a crappy attakcing type. i'd suggest EQ but FP covers what it does anyway. Blizzard 2KOs Gligar with those EVs. with about 40 SAtk EVs and a Brave Nature, Blizzard is an OHKO.

BAD!

Steel is an incredible typing, and when it has a CB, it does **** loads to everything.

Blizzard, like was mentioned, is there only for the purpose of scaring Gligar shitless.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Fighting_Master, this question is directed at you: why in the hell do you want inaccurate moves of the wrong type on Aggron? Iron Tail has 75% accuracy, and Blizzard is not even of its type, and if you may have paid attention, I already have Double-Edge on it.
Iron Tail is like a less accurate Meteor Mash and as long as it has STAB, it can hurt a lot of stuff in UU. Besides, if you can predict with Focus Punch, you don't need Earthquake since FP does more damage.

Ice Beam can't OKO standard Gligar, one of Aggron's biggest counters unless it has some SAtk EVs (which are a waste). Blizzard can OKO, allowing you to invest EVs in more important stats. CBAggron forces a lot of switches, so it's okay to use lower accuracy moves if you can afford it. Also, Gligar means bg for your entire team, especially if it gets a Salac Boost (which reminds me of your 3x Ground weak).

Aggron is a Pokemon that uses it's STAB'd Rock Moves and Focus Punches the most. You won't need the other attacks as much because Rocks and Fight are like an anti-metagame thing.
It's STAB'd Iron Tail is brilliant though.

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
Oof, forgot about my three-ground weakness. Well, I'm gonna need something to get rid of Gligar, and I don't think Aggron's the best choice for that...I think another Pokémon, perhaps of an Ice-type trait? Maybe Jynx? It's Psychic secondary type could also scare Gligar really shitless...but I'm unsure at the moment...

And Ice-types will give me a three Rock-type weakness, and Jynx will make my team 4 borderlines, which will kick me out of the tournament...damn, this is hard.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
PROTIP: Houndoom and Exeggutor are OU

Falthor

The Magma Incarnate
nooblet: I go by the Smogon Tiers, and they are considered Borderline.
Marauder: I'll consider Walrein. But that will give me a 3x weakness to Electric. XD

Lie

The rules are I am prohibited to have any Pokémon that is considered Overused. I am allowed Borderline Pokémon, but no more than three, and allowed as many UUs and NUs that I want.
I don't think this is a real UU team.

Pokerob

Webmaster of PW.UK
It's not too bad really, get the Choice Band off of Octillery as it's not helping though. Choice Band only increases Physical Attack power.

Choice band you'll find uber on lucario or machamp.