• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N3DS won't turn on but can hold a charge

ChloboShoka

Writer
I bought the New 3DS new from Game Store in April this year. While I was on holiday in Japan the 3DS stopped working. Even though the 3DS can still hold a charge, the orange light still comes on but whenever I press the power button nothing happens. Both screens and the blue lights don't come on at all. I did pay extra for the N3DS to be protected, but I can't find the receipt for it even though I got the games reward card that I used it for.

I can't use my old 3ds to play my games even if I used the sd card from my new 3ds because all the data is linked to my nintendo ID. And I can't do a system transfer or anything. I'm worried that I will lose all my games and streetpass data even though it should be all stored on the micro sd. Should I see if I can try and get the N3DS fixed first before I buy a new one?

Tangeh

I'd call the Nintendo support line and ask. Nintendo has a one year warranty on all products. Usually you need to show the receipt but considering the N3DS hasn't even been out for a year I dunno if that would be a big deal. Getting it fixed would def be cheaper than getting a brand new system whichever way you slice it. Plus if they cannot fix it they will transfer your data to a new system for you if you send it in for repairs. Doesn't hurt to call and be like "yo I've only had this thing for a few months can it be fixed for free?"

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
When I got my 3ds repaired they gave me a new one. So look out for that.

They did send me a paper with it so I can access my Nintendo stuff back but everything is deleted.
(Including my limited edition Meowh sticker from my online friend) -.-

ChloboShoka

Writer
When I got my 3ds repaired they gave me a new one. So look out for that.

They did send me a paper with it so I can access my Nintendo stuff back but everything is deleted.
(Including my limited edition Meowh sticker from my online friend) -.-
So I guess that's goodbye to all my streetpass stuff and sav files?

Tangeh

*shrug* When I sent my Wii in it was repaired and all of my save files were maintained. If they can't get your 3DS to work then they can't do a system transfer so you'll lose your files. But they do try to preserve them if possible, so this is your best bet from what I understand. Some people have fantastic Nintendo experiences and some have horror stories. The horror stories are always going to be more vocalized. But that's the same with any company.