• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N3DS won't turn on but can hold a charge

ChloboShoka

Writer
I bought the New 3DS new from Game Store in April this year. While I was on holiday in Japan the 3DS stopped working. Even though the 3DS can still hold a charge, the orange light still comes on but whenever I press the power button nothing happens. Both screens and the blue lights don't come on at all. I did pay extra for the N3DS to be protected, but I can't find the receipt for it even though I got the games reward card that I used it for.

I can't use my old 3ds to play my games even if I used the sd card from my new 3ds because all the data is linked to my nintendo ID. And I can't do a system transfer or anything. I'm worried that I will lose all my games and streetpass data even though it should be all stored on the micro sd. Should I see if I can try and get the N3DS fixed first before I buy a new one?

Tangeh

I'd call the Nintendo support line and ask. Nintendo has a one year warranty on all products. Usually you need to show the receipt but considering the N3DS hasn't even been out for a year I dunno if that would be a big deal. Getting it fixed would def be cheaper than getting a brand new system whichever way you slice it. Plus if they cannot fix it they will transfer your data to a new system for you if you send it in for repairs. Doesn't hurt to call and be like "yo I've only had this thing for a few months can it be fixed for free?"

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
When I got my 3ds repaired they gave me a new one. So look out for that.

They did send me a paper with it so I can access my Nintendo stuff back but everything is deleted.
(Including my limited edition Meowh sticker from my online friend) -.-

ChloboShoka

Writer
When I got my 3ds repaired they gave me a new one. So look out for that.

They did send me a paper with it so I can access my Nintendo stuff back but everything is deleted.
(Including my limited edition Meowh sticker from my online friend) -.-
So I guess that's goodbye to all my streetpass stuff and sav files?

Tangeh

*shrug* When I sent my Wii in it was repaired and all of my save files were maintained. If they can't get your 3DS to work then they can't do a system transfer so you'll lose your files. But they do try to preserve them if possible, so this is your best bet from what I understand. Some people have fantastic Nintendo experiences and some have horror stories. The horror stories are always going to be more vocalized. But that's the same with any company.