• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N64 controller: Worn out joystick

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Hi once again Tech help!

I got my new N64 the other day and the joystick is pretty worn out. I can buy new one right here, or I can try fixing the current one. I found this video that is pretty well known, but I don't know if it works.

Have any of you repaired your own N64 controllers? What did you do?

Incase you bought a new one: which one did you purchase? I reckon it would exist many counterfeit or bad quality ones and a lot of very good ones.

dragonskull

Dark trainer
I have never replaced anything in controllers, if they die on me (which I've only had with my original XBOX controller) I'm not so hesitant in buying a brand new one. Repairing is an option though I can't really say if it's something which permanently fixes the problem or just extends the usage for a short period of time.