• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N64 Transfer Pak Trouble...

Dr. Pepper

Not Mr. Pibb
I recently ordered a N64 Transfer Pak and it came today. When I tried to play my game of Pokemon Red on Pokemon Stadium, it told me there was no game pak inserted. Then I used another controller and this time I got an error message

"There Is A Problem With The GB Game Pak's Connector. Please Turn The N64 Control Deck OFF And Consult The Transfer Pak Instruction Booklet."

Now I don't have a manual, so I was wondering if anybody knew what to do?

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Make sure the controller and the GB game is plugged in completely, and has no dust or other material inside the plugs. If it still doesn't work, make sure there are no bent or broken pins in the plug or GB cartridge.

Dr. Pepper

Not Mr. Pibb
Thanks for the advice. Also, my transfer pak is kind of loose and wobbles a little when it's connected. Is that normal?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Thanks for the advice. Also, my transfer pak is kind of loose and wobbles a little when it's connected. Is that normal?

It's been a long time since I've played my N64, but I remember that my transfer pack fit in very tight. It didn't wabble at all. If you bought it used then there's a good chance that it's broken or almost broken.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan

It's been a long time since I've played my N64, but I remember that my transfer pack fit in very tight. It didn't wabble at all. If you bought it used then there's a good chance that it's broken or almost broken.

Yes, it shouldn't wobble or feel loose. It fit in the slot about as firmly as a gameboy cartridge fits in the gameboy, it should have a nice, firm fit. Try putting something under the transfer pak so that it is raised slightly, assuming that the connective pins are on top of the port. Do vice-versa if it's the other way around (the pins on the bottom of the port). This should ensure a good connection, assuming none of the pins are scratched/bent/broken.