• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naetoru or Naetle?

Naetoru Or Naetle?

• Naetoru

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Naetle

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Huh?

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
Well.... What do you call Naetoru? Do you call it Naetoru, Or Naetle?

Please ignore the randomness of this Poll.

Its strange that Naetoru has two names, Same with Diaruga "Dialga" And Parukia "Palkia" Maybe Dia/Par have the Rs switched with Ls in their second names, But then they'ed be Dialuga and Palukia....

~~;444;

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Naetle, because that's what it's name is intended to be.

I don't go around calling Tails 'Mairusu Teirusu Puawa', or Sonic 'Sonikku za Hejiihoggu'. Same rule applies to the pokémon as far as I'm concerned.

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
Naetle, since the name been on offcial merchandise EVERYWHERE and it flows on my tounge more.
The reason Gravy put up is also a reason I use Naetle.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Gravy, you should've totally posted this. XD

Anyway, it depends for me. When I'm typing (in English), I tend to write names as they should appear as opposed to direct transliterations from Japanese. However, when it comes to the way I pronounce things in real life... since my days of learning kana and getting the hang of Engrish (as well as Japanese pronunciations) through Digimon, I've gotten accustomed to pronouncing the names of several Japanese characters as you'd expect to hear them in their anime of origin: in Engrish, whether or not I'm speaking in Japanese. Some of you may recall me stating that I pronounce "Pokemon" with a long "O" sound in the "mon". Naetle's no different. Truth be told, I've grown to love the way Japanese-pronounced syllables just roll off my tongue, and it actually seems a lot gentler and free-flowing than most European pronunciation for that matter (near-silent U's and rolled R/L's for the win! ^^). Though, I don't let that interfere with my usual English-speaking, of course.

BlazeShadow

i preefer Naetoru.

Naetoru. It is what it was first revealed as and I have gotten used to calling it that.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
I use Naetoru because that is what is on serebii

Jorah

What do I put here?
Wait, is one of them the English name? If so, which one? Anyway, Naetle it sounds better in my head. That's if you pronounce is as "nettle"

Chris

Old Coot
I use Naetoru because that is what is on serebii
Because that's totally correct and we all know that Lucario's name was just the English name and it was originally Rukario because that's what it says on Serebii's site. 8)

Just cause it's there doesn't make it right. Naetoru is what you get when pronouncing it in Japanese and translating from the kana. Naetle is the intended spelling of the name.

Regarding Dialga and Parlkia, it's all a matter of translation. Some people go with Palkia, some go with Parukia. I, myself, go with Parlkia due to the name intending to be a pun off of the word "pearl" yet it doesn't have the kana in it to exactly spell out as pearl, thus the name being a pun. In fact, it's off by one character if I'm not mistaken. The equivalent in English would be to remove one letter.

Should also be noted that Buoysel's evolution is NOT Floatsel, but rather Flowsel. It's name in kana doesn't indicate in anyway of using a T to form float, but rather flow.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
"Naetle? You mean Naetoru, right?"
"Naetle? How do you know Naetoru's English name already?"
"No, no! It's Naetoru! That's what it says on SPP! You're stupid!"

These are the kinds of responses I get EVERY SINGLE DAY on this forum for using Naetle, Greggle, Palkia, Dialga, Mimirol, Fuwaride, Bouysel, etc. Drives me bloody insane.

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
"Naetle? You mean Naetoru, right?"
"Naetle? How do you know Naetoru's English name already?"
"No, no! It's Naetoru! That's what it says on SPP! You're stupid!"

These are the kinds of responses I get EVERY SINGLE DAY on this forum for using Naetle, Greggle, Palkia, Dialga, Mimirol, Fuwaride, Bouysel, etc. Drives me bloody insane.
Acually, I never saw any resposes like that, Ever on here.... I must be blind... Anyway, I really don't care if you call it Naeasaur.... I just muble bad things about it under my Breath...

*mumbles random things about how Naeasaur will now be used*

~~

Ridi

YOUR best friend
NAETLE, PLEASE! I'm practically obsessed with trademarked romanizations. Yes, I'd gladly call Plusle Prasle. :B