• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nagi no Asukara

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I felt like crying at some point in the episode. Feel really bad for Chisaki, and am still really confused on what happen.

On the other hand, I'm jumping off ship for Chisaki x Hikari, and going for Hikari x Miuna

...Even if it is a bit weird

Also Sayu x Kaname

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
This is just too amazing.

Also I'm Nagi!OTPing Manaka x Sea Slug. Don't you guys just see the hints? Even more obvious in the newest op, she was sleeping with it!

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I only just realized this episode that he's technically her UNCLE. So yeah, a bit weird.

Well, they're not blood related, and that hasn't stopped the industry before, right?

Plus, I don't see Manaka really coming back

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
First OP and ED were better, these two are still great though.

Love how they handled the time skip, giving us small glimpses of what has happened in the five years that has passed since two weeks ago. I'm interested to see where they go with the sea people. Kaname will obviously come back, but what about the rest of them? Especially Manaka? I need more now.

I only just realized this episode that he's technically her UNCLE. So yeah, a bit weird.

There's no blood relation, I honestly don't see the problem... It might be weird for Akira (I think that's his name) though, his sister and his mother's brother and all.

EDIT: Also, damn, Chisaki be hot.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I think it'll be saved for later. Like Jolteon said, Kaname's obviously coming back, but Manaka was in the OP as well.

I think they'll both come back, too. They'll probably both come back

I mean, for Manaka though, she'll probably become a replacement Sea God. Like, she'll talk to them for an episode, they'll all be really upset, and then never be seen again

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
She's the cutest character, they can't get rid of her.

Miuna disagrees:

[img139]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kW8cQjvVtC1uIfQOL9C8nR_nWx2M-sszQAPjc-wyfR0%3Dw600-h337-no[/img139]

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Miuna disagrees:

[img139]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kW8cQjvVtC1uIfQOL9C8nR_nWx2M-sszQAPjc-wyfR0%3Dw600-h337-no[/img139]

Miuna must've done it in a yandere rage, then.

And wait, I thought Kaname did come back. Wasn't that him driving the car?

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I was encouraged to give this show a try, and I'm all caught up now. The pace feels quite gradual, but I'm really glad it's a two-season show because I feel there's much more development to come for many of the characters. I'm not saying the development has been woefully insufficient or anything, but there are a lot of characters in this show, and the focus thus far has been squarely on Hikari and Manaka. Recently, though, I've come to appreciate Chisaki more, and it looks like I'll be seeing more from her in episodes to come.

This five year timeskip is a really exciting idea. Not only does it shift the focus towards characters who need more screentime, but it also forces their situations to change in different ways - Miuna is older now, and she's coped without Hikari for five years, so I'm expecting to see more emotional moments from her that aren't related to fear of people she loves leaving her; time has stopped for Hikari (and maybe Kaname when he returns) which will change his relationships with everyone else... the only one I'm a little worried about is Tsumugu. So far, he's felt like a device to cut down on the inner monologue (since Manaka and Chisaki have both used him as a sounding board) and a necessary romantic conflict for Manaka. He's had a fair bit of screentime, but I'd like him to open up to his friends more, because I find him difficult to sympathise with right now. I would also love for this timeskip to encourage characters I thought I knew to surprise me now, particularly someone like Akari who I find a bit dull.

I was worried about an angst overload before I watched the show, and there is a lot of angst, but as long as it serves to deepen the characters rather than to eat away at them and dominate their personalities, I have no problem with it. And I think so far, the series has handled angst well. The only problem with this show is that it's another Thursday anime, which I think will make it my fourth (this is assuming that Animax releases Chunibyo on Thursdays too)!

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This was a really nice episode. Shows how well Miuna and Hikari interact. And really pushing that relationship, too

Also, Kaname's appearance at the end

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I was wondering this when Hikari showed up, Kaname back has made me think of it again. What happened to their clothes? Is there like an entire village of naked people sleeping at the bottom of the sea now or something?

Probably has to due with the fact that they were magically shot up to the surface randomly. Probably the clothes didnt go with them

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pushing it so hard, so that it hurts that much more when he rejects her. ;_;

God, this episode really hammered in reactions to relationships moreso than last week. There was definitely foreshadowing for that rejection this episode, and that really hurts.

Kaname seeing Chisaki and Tsumugu walking in sync and working together must've had a big impact on him, especially since for him, it was only 2 or 3 days before that he confessed his feelings for Chisaki. But his comment that he liked older women is absolute gold.

Also Sayu and Kaname is really hard to watch, especially since we know Kaname is nowhere near as oblivious as Hikari, so he must know Sayu's feelings for him, even if only a little bit

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Had the thought Miuna was going to magically develop Ena with her little under water trip last week, was surprising at all to see it turn up now. I'm excited to see them back in Shioshishio next week, it will be interesting to see what it looks like after five years of everyone being asleep. Also be interesting to see if they manage to find Manaka or not.

Watching these relationships play out, although I'm not overly sure how they are all going to end up, I'm willing to be that MiunaxHikari and SayuxKaname aren't happening. Yet the way the show is handling it's making want to see those happen, yet at the same time I have other preferences for how the relationships turn out in the end.