• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nair is Back

Gray™

the_pokeball_of_dragonair_by_wazzy88-d4o2n2t.jpg

Sweeping With Dragonair is still Fun.
That's my intro

Team :

images

Ninjask (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Hone Claws
- Baton Pass
My lead or at least the pokemon I lead with the most.
Even with no investment on speed Ninjask's speed without any boosts is still 354 allowing me to outspeed all common scarfers after one Speed Boost while still being able to take a Bullet Punch from Choice Band Scizor.
Protect for one Leftovers and one Speed Boost.Substitute to try and get a safe switch to another pokemon to start other boosts.Hone Claws used to be only for accuracy only but after I changed the moves on Nair it also helps to boost Dragon Rush's power.Baton Pass is for the obvious reasons.

images

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 120 Def / 144 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Substitute
- Roar
- Baton Pass
Vaporeon is the closest thing i have to a wall.It is also one of my most common switches after Ninjask.
Acid Armor allows it to take physical hits from anything and at at least 1+ speed it will outrun any Skarmory or Bulky Heatran so it will be able to phaze them before they use Whirlwind or Roar.Substitute is so I don't get critted which would do massive damage thanks to Def boosts.
d3d95798-6350-417f-8bc1-cf7b29a5f91f.jpg

Mr. Mime (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
OMG Mr.Mime is Fairy Type haha no more U-Turn or Pursuit weakness =D although being weak to Bullet Punch is somewhat troublesome...
Barrier gives the same boost as Acid Armor so with Barrier and Calm Mind Mr.Mime has a chance to set up on more pokemons but it'll find some difficulty to get the first boosts since it's Hp is pretty much the same a a Level 1 Frenzy Boar.
Since it has access to both Barrier and Calm Mind Mr.Mime often acts as a backup supporter in case Espeon or Vaporeon die.
Again Substitute and Baton Pass same old reasons.
Chibi_Espeon_by_sakura_kree.png

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power
- Substitute
Magic Bounce is a great ability and.....it makes lots of people rage on me._.
Espeon is not only my main pokemon to set up Special boosts its also my backup sweeper in case some douchebag crits my beloved Nair<3
Stored Power packs an incredible punch after just a couple Calm Minds and if it gets some speed boosts or defense boosts from another pokemon it will just add the more damage.
demotivational-posters-smeargle.jpg

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def /252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Quiver Dance
- Spore
- Ingrain
- Baton Pass
Smeargle can have any move whatsoever so I decided to take advantage of that.
Quiver Dance boosts as you know Sp.Atk,Sp.Def and Spe.Spore has a 100% accuracy which helps me getting some boosts and Ingrain not only heals but it also makes moves like Roar and Whirlwind useless.
895a35998cc9d1550a2ea267feb431f4.jpg

Nair (Dragonair) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
Finnaly.Nair =)
In my original team I use Emolga instead of Nair but since it worked so well for Emolga I tried to do the same for Nair and so far I got similiar results.
After several tries with the more powerful versions of thunderbolt,flamethrower and ice beam I decided it was too much of a gamble since i can rarely get anything out of ninjask except speed and maybe a substitute.

Yes I copied pasted from my 5th gen team and changed only Nair's moves so what~.
K danger now I dont know what else to say._.​

Couple of replays showing the power of the best pokemon ever that is Nair: (note in these battles Nair has the old moves of the first rmt)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-76645104
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-76641537

aaaand as an added bonus: emownga sweep :3
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-76631670

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
I don't know how to rate BP teams haha.

First off, I would definitely prefer you use Scolipede over Ninjask. After Scolipede got Speed Boost, it's become a much better Baton Passer because it has better survivability and has a strong STAB in Megahorn to deal more damage than Ninjask's X-Scissor.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
I don't know how to rate BP teams haha.

First off, I would definitely prefer you use Scolipede over Ninjask. After Scolipede got Speed Boost, it's become a much better Baton Passer because it has better survivability and has a strong STAB in Megahorn to deal more damage than Ninjask's X-Scissor.

Scolipede doesn't get hone claws though, and that accuracy boost is pretty important in getting a dragonair sweep.

Well, every single member of your team seems to play an important role in getting dragon air to sweep, so I can't find an alternative to any Pokemon. You could try Mega-Mawile over Vaporeon I guess, it has a powerful sucker punch, access to baton pass and iron defense. You lose the ability to phaze setup sweepers, but in turn, get a secondary sweeper and a good check to stuff like Talonflame and Sylveon, the former can potentially break a chain if you don't have a sub up thanks to priority flying type moves, and the latter isn't 2HKOed by any of dragonair's moves, even at +6, thanks to protect and wish, and it hits through substitute with pixilate boosted hyper voices