• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Name Changes Thread - READ ENTIRE FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
NAME CHANGE THREAD
Read EVERYTHING below before posting

Welcome to the next round of the name change thread! Same rules as last time, and for people who don't know how the process works, be sure you read everything below because if you don't you may get infracted and/or not get your name changed.

This thread will only be opened twice a year, for one month at a time, during April and October. The thread will be open for the entire month and then during May/November I or another admin will change all of the names that have been requested. Note: Sometimes I may not get them all done in the month after if I am very busy, but I will be as close to that time as possible. You may not request a name change at any time other than when the thread is open, and you may only request a change by posting in this thread. Any requests made outside the designated time and/or made outside of this thread will not be accepted. This excludes typos, which can be changed at any time by PMing an admin.

You may only post ONCE during any month that the thread is open. Changes will not be done until the end of the month, so if over the course of the month you decide that you want to keep your current name or change to something different than you previously requested, you can edit/delete your post. After the thread is closed at the end of the month, you may not edit/delete your post anymore and what you have posted is what you will get.

There will be no "strike system" like previous threads for not following rules since 6 months is enough time to wait on its own. If you break the rules, request a username that is already in use (users that are banned or awaiting email confirmation will now appear in the memberlist so be sure to check), or otherwise don't get your name changed, you must wait until the thread is open again in 6 months. You can only request names that are not currently in use. Accounts don't get deleted anymore so you can't take the names of inactive users.

Post your requests EXACTLY LIKE THIS:
Current Username: Ellie
New Username: Ke$ha

except obviously replace Ellie/Ke$ha with your name/the name you want. Do NOT include any font tags, colors, sizes, etc in your post because it can make it harder to read. If you include tags in your post your request might not be accepted. Also, remember that capitalization, spelling, etc counts, and I will change your name to exactly what you put here, so don't complain to me if you spell/capitalize something wrong and I change it to what you put. Furthermore, the form must be followed 100% as above. Don't put any words before or after your name request because that makes it harder for me so I will just skip you. And you also can't pick backup names, one name only exactly as the form says, stop being lazy and do the checking yourself if a name is taken. I won't pay attention to anything inside your post except for the form itself so don't bother.

Use non-alphanumeric symbols at your own risk. Not all computers can read them properly and if you have a symbol that turns out weird on my end or that the forum doesn't accept in a name, you might not get your name changed and you will need to wait until the next thread. Also note that people occasionally have issues logging in with symbols and your browser/computer situation could change without notice, so that's all the more reason to not use them.

Name changes are a privilege, not a right, and they may be discontinued at any time if I or another admin decides we don't want to do it anymore. It takes a long time and we might not always be willing to do this in the future.

Furthermore, I reserve the right to refuse to change your name for any reason. These reasons can include, but are not limited to:
-You are banned when I do the actual changes (sometimes it messes with the usergroups).
-You have bothered or been rude to me or another admin about name changes.
-Your chosen name is inappropriate or rude.
-Your chosen name is obnoxiously long or otherwise annoying.
-Your name is attempting to impersonate another user.
-You are abusing the system. This includes getting a ton of incredibly pointless changes, switching between two names, or other things.

Also, not every name gets changed at the same time. This thread gets a ton of posts and it's not always feasible to set aside a several-hour time block where I get them all done at once. I usually go through the thread in order of who posted, so if someone who posted a couple pages before you gets changed and you haven't yet, that doesn't mean I forgot you or anything. DO NOT PM ME SAYING I HAVE SKIPPED YOU UNTIL I POST IN THE THREAD THAT I AM DONE. Failure to obey this may mean you don't get a change at all. If I post saying I am done and you were not changed, re-read this post to find out why. If you are absolutely certain that you did not break any rules it is possible I may have skipped you or made a mistake. You may pm me asking why, but do so at your own risk, because if you broke anything in this post and then you pm me, you may get an infraction.

Post ONLY username change requests in this thread and remember to only post once. If you have any questions, comments, etc pm me instead of posting in the thread.

Failing to follow any rules above may result in an infraction and/or your name change request not being granted.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Current Username: SuperDaikenki
New Username: Dew Watatsumi

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Current Username: City Of Delusion
New Username: Supremacy

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Current Username: HeroicRein
New Username: SilverChiko