1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Name Changes

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by ellie, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

A few years back I knew that if it ever came back, I would change my username into bewbs. But now it's actually back, I'm quite spoilt for choice.

2. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Trololololololol.

Oh Serebii, what a brilliant day.

3. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

2006 - I think was the last big one. I still need to complete Super Princess Peach.

AS I said, Only my profile is the only thing that changed for it.

Man, Blizzard doing a Pokéwalker/tamagotchi instead of a Panda.. and Try out the NES Google Maps!

4. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

Oh, Joe. XD

It's nice to see people won't be stuck with unwanted usernames anymore. EXCEPT everyone I know is getting one. I won't know who anybody is! :eek:

5. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

To be honest, if it is a prank I think Serebii could do much better than a fake "change your name" thread. So, I thought it was worth a shot to post anyway. So sick of my username. :p

6. Nothingjustgo

Nothingjustgo Banned

Because you claim it will be opened for a month, but you're gonna close it at the end of the day.

7. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

Yeah, but we'd need to log in with our new name once you change it, so we'd need some sort of notification when the change actually takes place.

@Jazz14456. LOL @ "maybe this infraction is a joke too". Oh, RaZoR LeAf, you have an awesome sense of humor.

EDIT: Also, the amount of people believing this is an April Fool's joke is staggering. They wouldn't joke about something like this, too many members would riot if it turned out to be a joke.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

You can check the forums without logging on. If you find your can't log on with your username, then you can check any thread you know you've posted in to see if your name is different. Alternatively, if you don't log out (and use the Remember me function) then you will find your name is automatically changed and you don't need to worry about it.

Jazz, if you want your infraction to be public then fine, but don't think that by posting it here you are some how validating that it's a joke. It's not getting reversed.

9. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Whoever changed Haunter227's name should be promoted. or something.

Good show.

10. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

since only admins can change names whoever did it can't be promoted any further :p

also adding onto what razor leaf said about knowing when your name is changed, check the username change thread. there is a 99% chance i will be the one changing the names and i will post in the thread saying when i changed some/all of them.

11. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Lol, this. It's freakin' hilarious, haha. XD

12. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

GOSH! IF HAUNTER227'S NAME GOT CHANGED AND IT DIDN'T CAUSE THE SERVER TO MESS UP LIKE BEFORE, THAT MIGHT MEAN SOMETHING!?!

subtle hint.

13. Janovy

Janovy Banned

We get it, the changes are possible. xD

14. Nothingjustgo

Nothingjustgo Banned

Okay I'm starting to believe it now.

15. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

I'm still laughing at Haunter's new name. The asthma is starting to kick in.

Seriously guys, 10/10.

16. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

That's likely exactly how they thought. Which makes it the perfect April Fools' joke. By joking about the last thing we would expect them to joke about, they are making sure that none of us could have seen this coming, thus maximizing the number of people who would fall for it. Your post, in fact, is proof that this, if it turns out to be an April Fools' joke, is their best one yet. You said it yourself, they wouldn't joke about something like this. But see, you're laboring under the delusion that there's any sort of boundaries as far as April Fools' jokes are concerned, other than "as long as it's not illegal". One of the previous pranks involved custom avatars, for Arceus's sake! Yeah. They went there. So don't count this out as an April Fools' joke just yet. Me, I'm not ruling definitively either way until we hit April 2nd.

17. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

Ellie is probably laughing her *** off in her basement right now..
    lmfao

18. Yeul

Yeul Green Eyed Girl

Ellie: i will change usernames
    Ellie's Sig: NO I WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR USERNAME

>Implying that Ellie and her sig are two different people

19. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

maybe i won't actually change usernames and i'm lying to everyone ;035;

20. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

Thought the exact same thing.. lol