1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Name Changes

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by ellie, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Oh how i love SPPF.

Bravo moderators, bravo.

2. FrozenConstellation

FrozenConstellation There for grace I go

teehee.
    i just did
    happy april fool"s!!!!!
    (Mwhahahahah!)

3. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

ELLIE IS HIGH AND LUCKY?!?!?!?

Somebody is over thinking this.

4. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

You realize you just blew my mind, right?

5. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

You don't realize how serious this is, do you? People have been waiting months, probably even years to change their username. Do you have any idea how much of an uproar that would cause? They'd never hear the end of it. It'd be ridiculously unprofessional of them to joke about this, they're better than that.

6. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

People have also wanted custom avatars here for years, and that didn't stop Serebii a few years back.

7. "Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome Well-Known Member

Only reason I didn't think it's an April Fools's joke is because they said it's going on for a month twice a year (April and October). Hmph.

8. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

That's weird, never thought about it coz I never played a trick on someone on April fools or even being tricked at :p

Yeah, cereal business about me getting my name changed >.> I really want mine changed, nya~

9. Xyllerion

Xyllerion I like bacon!

Wait what???
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

10. Indigoodra

Indigoodra Well-Known Member

Aaaaaa, this is awesome, but all the names I want are already taken by people that joined and haven't logged on since the day they joined .___.

;_;

11. Rezzo

Rezzo Tuned

Are we allowed to claim the names of permanently banned members? Just curious.

12. BGP_

BGP_ Well-Known Member

*looks at ign and the zelda movie trailer*
    Yep, pro's would never pull stunts on anyone that are dying for something to happen

13. Cruxis

Cruxis Banned

[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg6i8oZFq1qzjix8.gif[/img139]

are you fucking serious?

14. Darth Revan

Darth Revan Coming Out!

Hahah, very funny.......this is Deffinatlty a joke. but i'll play along

Current Username: Darth Revan
    New username: Fuzzy chipmunk

15. KingWiggins

KingWiggins Well-Known Member

For some reason I think the April Fool's Prank is ACTUALLY giving the usernames, knowing that a lot of people don't want to fall for her 'scheme'.... that's just my, unreliable, never right thought though.

16. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

Admittedly, Neo Duality did eat a boat load of decent account names during his reign of being a twelve-year-old.

On that note, I kinda wonder what happened to the regular pruning that used to happen on this site? Did THAT cause server issues, too?

17. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

I still don't understand why people want to change their names.

Also, I'm surprised that people still think this is a prank. I've seen names changed already. Granted, the only name change I've seen so far was for comedic effect, but still. It is within their power.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  18. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

no you can't take usernames of banned/inactive users. i dunno why we don't prune anymore but joe doesn't want to and i don't want to manually delete a ton of people. pick a name that's more original :U

19. Sietse23

Sietse23 *Brainfarts*

It's kinda funny that lots of people with pokemon-usernames want them to change. It's even more funny when they want to change it to another pokemon name, as they later like another pokemon they would like it to change to.

20. If this is a joke then it's ****ing awesome lol

Loves this place lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.