• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Name Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
When have we done April Fool's pranks? Seriously. The timing is just, well, intentional but it's completely legit

2006 - I think was the last big one. I still need to complete Super Princess Peach.

AS I said, Only my profile is the only thing that changed for it.

Man, Blizzard doing a Pokéwalker/tamagotchi instead of a Panda.. and Try out the NES Google Maps!

Oh, Joe. XD

It's nice to see people won't be stuck with unwanted usernames anymore. EXCEPT everyone I know is getting one. I won't know who anybody is! :eek:

Azurne

~ ♥ ~
To be honest, if it is a prank I think Serebii could do much better than a fake "change your name" thread. So, I thought it was worth a shot to post anyway. So sick of my username. :p

Is it really that difficult? It says the thread will stay open for a month, and you're all panicking on April Fools DAY. Maybe check back on any of the other 29 days of the month to see if it's legit?
Because you claim it will be opened for a month, but you're gonna close it at the end of the day.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You name changes.

Yeah, but we'd need to log in with our new name once you change it, so we'd need some sort of notification when the change actually takes place.

@Jazz14456. LOL @ "maybe this infraction is a joke too". Oh, RaZoR LeAf, you have an awesome sense of humor.

EDIT: Also, the amount of people believing this is an April Fool's joke is staggering. They wouldn't joke about something like this, too many members would riot if it turned out to be a joke.

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Yeah, but we'd need to log in with our new name once you change it, so we'd need some sort of notification when the change actually takes place.

@Jazz14456. LOL @ "maybe this infraction is a joke too". Oh, RaZoR LeAf, you have an awesome sense of humor.

EDIT: Also, the amount of people believing this is an April Fool's joke is staggering. They wouldn't joke about something like this, too many members would riot if it turned out to be a joke.

You can check the forums without logging on. If you find your can't log on with your username, then you can check any thread you know you've posted in to see if your name is different. Alternatively, if you don't log out (and use the Remember me function) then you will find your name is automatically changed and you don't need to worry about it.

Jazz, if you want your infraction to be public then fine, but don't think that by posting it here you are some how validating that it's a joke. It's not getting reversed.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
since only admins can change names whoever did it can't be promoted any further :p

also adding onto what razor leaf said about knowing when your name is changed, check the username change thread. there is a 99% chance i will be the one changing the names and i will post in the thread saying when i changed some/all of them.

Janovy

Banned

Janovy

Banned
We get it, the changes are possible. xD

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Also, the amount of people believing this is an April Fool's joke is staggering. They wouldn't joke about something like this, too many members would riot if it turned out to be a joke.

That's likely exactly how they thought. Which makes it the perfect April Fools' joke. By joking about the last thing we would expect them to joke about, they are making sure that none of us could have seen this coming, thus maximizing the number of people who would fall for it. Your post, in fact, is proof that this, if it turns out to be an April Fools' joke, is their best one yet. You said it yourself, they wouldn't joke about something like this. But see, you're laboring under the delusion that there's any sort of boundaries as far as April Fools' jokes are concerned, other than "as long as it's not illegal". One of the previous pranks involved custom avatars, for Arceus's sake! Yeah. They went there. So don't count this out as an April Fools' joke just yet. Me, I'm not ruling definitively either way until we hit April 2nd.

KingWiggins

Ellie is probably laughing her *** off in her basement right now..
lmfao

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Ellie: i will change usernames
Ellie's Sig: NO I WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR USERNAME

>Implying that Ellie and her sig are two different people

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
maybe i won't actually change usernames and i'm lying to everyone ;035;

KingWiggins

Ellie: i will change usernames
Ellie's Sig: NO I WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR USERNAME

>Implying that Ellie and her sig are two different people

Thought the exact same thing.. lol

Haunter ゴースト

Whoever changed Haunter227's name should be promoted. or something.

Good show.

Lol, this. It's freakin' hilarious, haha. XD

GOSH! IF HAUNTER227'S NAME GOT CHANGED AND IT DIDN'T CAUSE THE SERVER TO MESS UP LIKE BEFORE, THAT MIGHT MEAN SOMETHING!?!

subtle hint.

I'm still laughing at Haunter's new name. The asthma is starting to kick in.

Seriously guys, 10/10.

Oh how i love SPPF.

Bravo moderators, bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.