• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Names and color

Arande

Didn't find any threads like this using search so....

Simple question: Does a pokemons color change depending on it's name like it did in the stadiums? Wasn't great changes like a shiny. Minor changes like, my nidoqueen was darker, almost purple in stadium 2. Know it's not really important, just one of the things that amused me.

Merman

Leviathan Trainer
I never knew such a thing existed. Maybe you're being fooled by the lighting effects of certain stadiums. Some of them do have different combinations of lighting.

mewfanforlife

I don't think PBR does that, but he's not being thrown off by lighting. That was an effect the producers added.

Arande

It was part of the stadium games. IE: Fighting Lt. Surge and his 3 followers, one of them would send out a magnemite with blue and red magnets. Another trainer would send one out at some point with teal and purple magnets. Same stage.

GetThunderStruck

venomous wisdom.
Yeah, he isn't making it up, but I don't know if they continued it.

Yahtzo900

Beginning Trainer
that was a cool feature in the stadium games but juding from videos ive seen of PBR, i dont think they change colors anymore.

Tytus

Iron Islander
Man I wish the Gameboy games would do that... add a little more variety.

cabman

yea it was i their i was the name rater so many times because of it like if u call a beedrill DRILLBEE

I think it's been made obsolete by shinies.
Stadium 2 (GSC) still had the name-colour feature even though they added shinies that gen.
I don't think that feature is in PBR. I'm fairly sure that Stadium and Colosseum were made by different people, and that PBR is made by the people who did Colosseum. Colo didn't have the feature, so it's very, very unlikely that PBR would if that is true.
From the videos I've seen, I'm fairly sure it isn't there. And I'd say it'd be extremely unlikely just from the fact that 3rd Gen 3D games didn't have it. It would've been nice, but it's almost certainly not there.