• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Names you have trouble spelling

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here are mine:

-Conkelder
-Unfezent
-Audino
-Sigilyfh

And a few more.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I remember this thread....

Um... Most of the cities in Unova... ^^" i still have trouble spelling them

And "feraligatr". I used to spell it as Feraligator

Same here, if it weren't for the fact that the games have a 10 character limit like Serebii does :)o), I'd probably still spell it that way.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Feraligatr and Gyarados are my main two.

Um... Most of the cities in Unova... ^^" i still have trouble spelling them
This. I have a hard enough time remembering them.

ECM

For the longest time I thought Phanpy was Phanphy. I'd been saying and spelling its name wrong for over a decade...

remybutton

I still don't know if it's "Mr Mime" or "Mr. Mime". Maybe it's just me, but putting a period in a Pokemon's official name just isn't right in my opinion.

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
I too thought Phanpy was Phanphy. My friends can't even say Alomomola, but it doesn't really trouble me. I think I can probably spell them all pretty well.

bro

Cool story bro
One of the hardest for me is Cryogonal (had to look up, I always try to write it with G and really weirdly). And I also thought Feraligatr was Feraligator for really long time. ;080;

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I can never remember if it's "Ninetails" or "Ninetales." I practice every time I see the Pokemon. I have ingrained in my brain now that it's the latter, but we'll see how long that lasts.

And for our obligatory "My god, fifth gen names are weird" entry, Druddigon.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Here's a few spelling mistakes I've made in the past:

Amammanmalo (I'm serious) = Alomomola
Feraligater = Feraligatr
Shyman = Shaymin
Arseus (See what I did there?)= Arceus
Groundon =Groudon... because it's a Ground type...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I used to always add an extra S to Froslass (I spelled it "Frosslass"). Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff can trip me up as well, and I always want to spell Venipede like "Venopede." I also have a habit of spelling Diglett with only one T. Bouffalant, Wobbuffet, and Forretress can give me trouble sometimes, too.

I still don't know if it's "Mr Mime" or "Mr. Mime". Maybe it's just me, but putting a period in a Pokemon's official name just isn't right in my opinion.

Its official name is spelled with the period, just like Mime Jr. It's really no different from the hyphens in Ho-Oh and Porygon-Z or the apostrophe in Farfetch'd.

Last edited:

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't spell Reuniclus (Rayuniclus) either.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Exeggutor? Exegcuttor? I could never spell its name correctly without a little google search. I also spell Diglett as Digglet sometimes. Derp.