• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NaNoWriMo 2014

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Anyone trying NaNoWriMo this year?

For those who don't know what it is, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, where you try to write a full novel with at least 50,000 words during the 30 days of November. If you haven't started yet, you're only a day behind, so there's still time to catch up.

Personally, I've tried NaNo twice in the past and screwed up both times. I'm the kind of guy that needs ideas to incubate for periods of time and when I tried to push them forward before they were ready, I wasn't too crazy about the result. I sometimes think it's because of the kind of story I was trying to write, but it's also a very difficult challenge with regards to time management (especially if you're working full time and have plans to move into a new home this month like I do!). So yeah, I don't think I'll be trying it this year but to those who are taking up the challenge, kudos and good luck to you! It's tough but I know there's a bunch of people around here that can and have done it.

But yeah, if you have done it before, feel free to share any kinds of tips or advice you guys have for the rest of us.

gorgonfish

ribbit-ribbit
Don't worry about word count or at least don't stress over it. The most important thing you can take away from NaNoWriMo isn't pumping out 50,000 words in a month, it's getting yourself in the habit of writing consistently, whether it's daily or weekly or whatever you can manage. It helps you subconsciously know when writing time begins and more quickly enter the writing mindset.