• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

narusaku or naruhina

naruto and sakura, or naruto and hinata

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Yes but however I like Hinata more than Sakura. Sakura wanted Sasuke all along so I think she should be with Sasuke. Hinata is more interested in Naruto than Sakura and I think they make a nice couple. It doesn't matter to me if you disagree. You're entitled to your own opinion.

Oh well I guess this thread won't be moved to the appropriate section then.

Then we stop posting in it, act as though it never existed, and let be bumped off the face of the Earth, never to rear it's terrible face again.

Last edited:

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Hey guys. I posted another thread like this one on the shipping section since people say it should be moved but no one will move it. So if you guys want to go there instead or continue it here, go ahead. I also added sasusaku as an option to the poll.

Rave

Banned
Hey guys. I posted another thread like this one on the shipping section since people say it should be moved but no one will move it. So if you guys want to go there instead or continue it here, go ahead. I also added sasusaku as an option to the poll.

Looks like someone finally got something right.

Now someone just close this sh!tty thread.

Darkhope

Boredom gets you into arguments with folks who haven't read enough on a subject to spot trends, and types that go into denial.

And you found yourself replying back.

Those few minutes together with each other have really shown some chemistry between them oh yah lol they were meant to be.

It showed positive development. ^_^

Which is why I left the Naruto fandom and partly why I don't really care for Naruto, because it's simply fanatics grasping at straws who are looking for romance in a story that isn't even concentrating on romance versus others like them versus jaded cynics who know and see every outcome in clichéd manga like these.

And I care because?

When did I ever say it isn't just Naruto/Hinata shippers that aren't being pathetic?

You implied it.

The theme is concentrated around Naruto. It is not about Naruto noticing others around him. It is about Naruto growing up and getting the respect, admiration, and care from those around him, most of whom thought he was not even worth their time when they first met him.

But when talking ROMANCE [which is the topic here in this thread], Naruto can fall for Hinata for the same reason he originally liked Sakura.

But by your logic, Hinata already has brownie points. She gave Naruto the respect he deserved back when he was a loser. It took Sakura about 100 chapters.

What Naruto wants, Naruto gets. You're not going to BS by saying that he'd take a constellation prize, let alone want one.

And Naruto does not "want" Sakura. Not a goal. Get your facts straight.

Hinata would not be a consolation prize. If NaruHina happens it will be because he loves her.

But whose to say Naruto would not be a "second best" because Sakura could not get Sasuke? See, it goes both ways so do not even try.

And you're being blind. Shounen couples don't have constant arguments between one another; all they need is the typical tsundere to pound some sense in the male lead every once and while and then become emotionally sensitive towards him later. The male lead remains oblivious to the girl warming up to him. Whether the guy argues back is a whole other issue. That is the stereotype in shounen manga, and to deny that is lunacy.

Um, yes they do.

Most of the time. I've already explained this. I'm not going to do so again. Having someone else pound it into their heads is not good for a relationship in general.

I remember seeing this reasoning pop up and rolling my eyes at it every single time. Alright, you see that Naruto is unlike other shounen romance, so then you're going to assume that Kishimoto is going to copy the manga that inspired him completely? That's contradictory logic right there. Are NaruHina shippers that hard up for evidence that they have to use support from another manga?

Because it's true. I didn't say he was going to copy him completely. There are some differences. But we've seen the parallels.

All you're really doing is attacking NaruHina fans instead of trying to actually counter my arguments. By doing that, you've already lost. How about countering some of my real arguments with this MANGA instead of "Kishi will go the typical shounen way" when I already disproved that with various examples?

Shooting yourself in the foot because that example follows it perfectly. (Though gawd using Harry Potter to serve as romance is ludicrous. Actually, using it other than an example of a worldwide phenomenom with no credibility is also ludicrous.)

I wasn't using it as a real example in shounen. I was using it as a fact that not EVERYTHING [including very very popular book series] are main male/female or whatever.

And that pushes Naruto's undying love for Hinata that sprung up in the few sentenes he exchanged with her?

He's never made undying love to Sakura either. The only confession we've had was Sakura to Sasuke. And that will stay. Nothing has alluded to Sakura letting her feelings go.

However, you want to go deeper?

Naruto makes promises for everyone. It's his character. But what is different about his to Hinata?

Blood. In Naruto, blood signifies a profound connection between people.

Hidan/Asuma is a perfect example. GikuHonishimo pretty much said what I would have, but I'll add this: In this series, blood signifies a connection between people.

When Hidan caught Asuma's blood on his scythe and tasted it, the two of them were connected. It was a blood bond.

Back in chapter one, against Mizuki, Iruka's blood fell on Naruto's face. A blood connection between a student and teacher was made. And we all know how deep Iruka and Naruto's relationship is.

After Naruto gave Hinata that blood promise, her reaction during his fight with Neji was "No... Naruto" - Symbolizing care, as she coughs up blood. It just seems to be Kishi's tactic/literary device.

And no. Naruto wouldn't make a blood oath to anyone. He did it for Hinata and Hinata alone.

Another example? Now, as we all have observed, Kishi's literary device in this series is blood. How blood symbolizes a connection between others. Naruto had made a vow on his own blood back in the wave country arc. He swore on his own blood with his own need to stop running. [Team 7 was the example of being useless at the time] Even if you believe Naruto made a 'blood vow' back then, with the blood oath in chuunin, he swore on Hinata's blood for her sake, not his or anyone elses'. They're different situations.

In a way, yes he is connected to his team with that vow. That only makes the NaruHina blood vow even more important, simply because Team 7 has a very important bond. Well, if a blood vow was made for them, and the same was made for Naruto and Hinata, wouldn't NaruHina be considered important too?

"Hinata... I promise you..." He wouldn't do that for just anyone.

This series is not all about what is "obvious" to the eye. Unlike your pathetic Pokemon series.

So she'll be stuck in her role as the creepy stalker.

Typical Hinata hater, are you?

Or at all, evidently, considering outside of a couple chapters of over three hundred sixty-some chapters.

Development =/= screentime.

It's so amusing how shippers love to exaggerate.

Not an exaggeration. Fact.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4980/naruto98021sa5.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6269/naruto98121mp0.jpg

Only took one arc.

Oh yeah, lawd forbid that she actually starts to change her opinion of him and actually start to care for him.

She does care for him. But not romantically. ^_^

Being around someone for a few scenes and have incredibly little impact ("I'm gonna beat Neji up for emphasis of the underdog beating the genius!") doesn't exactly strike me as love interest, but then again I'm talking to people who cling to fictional relationships that are so badly portrayed and developed, so I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Again, development =/= screentime.

Do I really have to explain again as to why and how Naruto could fall for Hinata? Seriously. Re-read my post.

So moving on and giving up one's dreams is the theme of Naruto? News to me. It must not be a real shounen, then.

Naruto's goal was NEVER to win Sakura. It is to become Hokage and gain ACKNOWLEDGMNET. [though, Sakura's was actually to win Sasuke's heart. haha]

But if you go by your own logic, I guess Sakura will never get over Sasuke. Because it is her "lifelong wish" for him to return.

Shippers in Denial =/= Proof

Keep telling yourself that.

Again, we do not have to prove Sakura loves Sasuke. You have to prove the opposite. But you can't. ^^

Yeah, and did Goku or Yusuke care for either in that way? Hell no.

Uh, yes? Those pairings are canon.

YEAH, LIKE FEELINGS COULD EVER CHANGE.

My logic is not contadictory, you're just terrible at understanding it.

The rest is the typical denial and "OMG I LURV THIS SHIPPING" arrogance and ignorance that shippers generally showcase, and I don't even see why I should waste more of my time with.

No, I knew what you meant. But I twisted it to work in my favor. In which, it does.

People who declare such things usually on the desperate side.

And you like to insult people. That is actually very typical of a NaruSaku fan.

So you'd rather dominate a shy girl who is passive as hell and willing to do anything for you? Where are you balls, man?

Hinata has already proven she can disagree with Naruto. She disagreed with him in Chapter 98, calling him NOT weak. Which is a POSITIVE thing.

I guess you are a guy that would be a doormat. :)

For the record, Just because NaruSaku has DIFFERENT “development” from pairings such as NaruHina or SasuSaku [ShikaTema, SasuNaru, or whatever] doesn’t mean it has more. It only means NARUSAKU FANS who support their pairing over NaruHina/SasuSaku/SasuNaru, LIKE their “development” type better.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Forum lag prevented this from getting posted last night. (Quite tired yesterday, too.)

And you found yourself replying back.

Boredom. And lulz from delusional shippers. Duh.

It showed positive development. ^_^

Tell me, when one person highly commends another in real life, and they do this only once, and honestly never hold any meaningful conversations, if any, with that person again, are they destined to be together?

And I care because?

Because that's what you are.

You implied it.

******** I implied it.

But when talking ROMANCE [which is the topic here in this thread], Naruto can fall for Hinata for the same reason he originally liked Sakura.

Yeah, except with over three hundred and fifty or so chapters in, he never once realized this with Hinata, and he already realized this with Sakura. HM, I WONDER IF KISHIMOTO WANTED TO ESTABLISH SOMETHING EARLY ON?

But by your logic, Hinata already has brownie points. She gave Naruto the respect he deserved back when he was a loser.

The heck? Stalking them and never letting them know that you give a damn about them, letting them be miserable for the first twelve years of their life is "giving them respect"?

It took Sakura about 100 chapters.

Took far less, unless you want to ignore every single instance when Kishimoto decided to slow the manga down and do the typical "OMG, Naruto is really like this...!"/"I don't want him to lose his dream...!" moments.

And Naruto does not "want" Sakura. Not a goal. Get your facts straight.

Don't tell me to get my facts straight when you can even understand the manga's intent. He doesn't "want" her? Yeah, even though he likes her, and it's been his intention for a good long time to go out with her, it just can't be a goal. No way hur hur.

Hinata would not be a consolation prize. If NaruHina happens it will be because he loves her.

Lee: Hey, Naruto.
Naruto: What is it, Lee, who should really be the main character?
Lee: Hinata likes you.
Naruto: OH SNAPS, I'm gonna suddenly grow hawt for a girl that I've only spent a few minutes with in my entire life and give up ever going out with the girl that I've liked for years!

But whose to say Naruto would not be a "second best" because Sakura could not get Sasuke? See, it goes both ways so do not even try.

Sakura's image of Naruto has changed. It has been a focus of over three hundred chapters. Naruto's image of Hinata has changed over the course of practically a hundredth of that.

Um, yes they do.

Yeah, we never see the typical shounen couple never argue, except in Rave Master, and Kekkaishi, and Alive, and Claymore, and D.Gray-man, and O-Parts Hunter/666 Satan, and Rurouni Kenshin, and Full Metal Panic!

Most of the time. I've already explained this. I'm not going to do so again. Having someone else pound it into their heads is not good for a relationship in general.

Yeah, all those exceptions are above because "Naruto is gonna be different you'll see that Kishimoto will pull the rug out from under you EVEN THOUGH HIS MANGA IS RIDICULOUSLY PREDICTABLE."

Because it's true. I didn't say he was going to copy him completely. There are some differences. But we've seen the parallels.

And Kishimoto was also influenced by Domu. Either way, comparisons are arbitrary.

All you're really doing is attacking NaruHina fans instead of trying to actually counter my arguments.

Playing the victim card? Oh please.

By doing that, you've already lost.

Yeah, that statement has a lot of credibility.

How about countering some of my real arguments with this MANGA instead of "Kishi will go the typical shounen way" when I already disproved that with various examples?

You disproved it? Uh-huh, tell yourself that, hon.

And it's not like I've ever cited back to any examples and have been paying attention to the manga and used a, "Well, see, Hinata's had one part in a relatively small arc for development with Naruto while Sakura's opinion of him has changed, and going with the constant theme in the series of others' opinions of the title character changing, it is likely that we shall see them end up together at the end."

I wasn't using it as a real example in shounen. I was using it as a fact that not EVERYTHING [including very very popular book series] are main male/female or whatever.

Because not everything is a shounen manga where the main male protagonist is interested in the main female protagonist, and since this is aimed at boys, we're likely to see the pairing happen if any romance does go down.

as we all have observed, Kishi's literary device in this series is blood.

Oh now this is just plain stupid.

The main theme is about the underdog winning out and gaining recognition. This is a concept as old as time itself. The underdog here is Naruto. He was never respected, and even when he was it was by people who never showed it. Yet we see him change. It is those closest to him that make him change. Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi are the ones with the most profound impact on him, and we see this when Naruto compares how people have come to care for him when Gaara has been all alone. They, along with Iruka, are the ones who have caused Naruto to change, and Sasuke and Sakura are the ones who have changed the most due to his actions. He has changed the perception of him with so many people ala the "main character *****-slap" method.

Naruto is about the most ridiculed and persecuted underdog gradually earning the respect and love that he deserves. Kishimoto focuses on those who have changed around him because of him.

This series is not all about what is "obvious" to the eye. Unlike your pathetic Pokemon series.

... Do you realize who you're debating against? "Unlike your pathetic Pokémon series"? I couldn't care less about the Pokémon anime or manga. I'm going to come off as a bit of an elitist when I say this, but what the hey: I have read and watched countless stories that are reach beyond the usual drivel found in types like Naruto. Mah mad nerd skillz has allowed me to become very knowledgeable of different mediums, particularly anime/manga, and I'm all too familiar with the developments that so many generic series follow. It is quite likely that I am far more critical and discerning of a story than you are.

Typical Hinata hater, are you?

Yeah, forgive me for not liking a stereotypically shy, young female character who's already fulfilled her purpose that all pathetic males with no balls masturbate to.

Development =/= screentime.

... You're really grasping at straws, ain'tcha?

Tell me, Hinata has had a rather low amount of screentime, even for a secondary character, and so where do you see the development that is apparently going to be so influential on the title character? Two comments from the main character? Oh, and by the by, Kishimoto could've had some interaction between your beloved pair in this current arc, and has yet to do so. In fact, it is quite unlikely at this point in time.

Only took one arc.

Yeah, and it only took one arc for Naruto to change his view of Gaara, too.

She does care for him. But not romantically. ^_^

Burden of proof. You say that she doesn't, yet you have no proof.

Do I really have to explain again as to why and how Naruto could fall for Hinata?

By giving the pair some development. And yet Kishimoto continues to neglect. Oh, well, gee now...

Naruto's goal was NEVER to win Sakura. It is to become Hokage and gain ACKNOWLEDGMNET.

Can you read? Where did I say that it is his main goal? A character can only have one goal now in fiction? Oh my, what a world.

[though, Sakura's was actually to win Sasuke's heart. haha]

Yeah, and this manga's thematic narrative is all about that.

But if you go by your own logic, I guess Sakura will never get over Sasuke. Because it is her "lifelong wish" for him to return.

The manga is about changing perceptions. Kishimoto has also taken a dualist route to show that Naruto's path in life is a better one than Sasuke's. You are still not understanding what the hell this series is about.

Keep telling yourself that.

Again, we do not have to prove Sakura loves Sasuke. You have to prove the opposite. But you can't. ^^

IRONY.

Also, when did I ever assert that it's impossible that Sakura doesn't care for Sasuke anymore?

Uh, yes? Those pairings are canon.

Goku/Bulma and Yusuke/Botan are canon? Oh my, how you forget the context and contradict yourself.

No, I knew what you meant. But I twisted it to work in my favor. In which, it does.

No, you still are understanding what I am getting at, evidently.

And you like to insult people.

Naw, I just get some kicks out of seeing shippers get a rise about debating over a romance in a series that isn't about romance.

That is actually very typical of a NaruSaku fan.

Which I and numerous others around here who say that the pairing will happen are not. We see the facts. You do not have to be a shipper to do that.

Hinata has already proven she can disagree with Naruto. She disagreed with him in Chapter 98, calling him NOT weak. Which is a POSITIVE thing.

Oh yeah, that's really keeping him in line and showing that she has the self-confidence and attitude that meshes well with him uh huh.

I guess you are a guy that would be a doormat. :)

So I'm a doormat because of an inane logical leap from your viewpoint, I hate the submissive girl stereotype, and I see a generic shounen romance developing? Oh lawd.

For the record, Just because NaruSaku has DIFFERENT “development” from pairings such as NaruHina or SasuSaku [ShikaTema, SasuNaru, or whatever] doesn’t mean it has more. It only means NARUSAKU FANS who support their pairing over NaruHina/SasuSaku/SasuNaru, LIKE their “development” type better.

I hate all of them and I don't like any development better, I simply see it as it is. I take a less subjective stance on the matter, which gives more credibility than the blind assertions from shippers.

I also want to note that I'm probably not replying again, just because it's going to end up as more blind retorts from your side stating that you've won and still not understanding what I'm stating or what the thematic narrative in Naruto is about, with annoying little asides complimented by an obnoxious emoticon.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Tell me, when one person highly commends another in real life, and they do this only once, and honestly never hold any meaningful conversations, if any, with that person again, are they destined to be together?

And when one person thinks another is annoying, constantly rejects their date offers, and is in love with someone else, are they destined to be together?

This will be your response: Oh, so people's feelings can't change? Sakura's view on Naruto has changed in the last 300+ chapters positively. She doesn't think he's annoying anymore, and she doesn't like Sasuke anymore.

My Response: So Naruto's feelings about Hinata can change too right?

Yeah, except with over three hundred and fifty or so chapters in, he never once realized this with Hinata, and he already realized this with Sakura. HM, I WONDER IF KISHIMOTO WANTED TO ESTABLISH SOMETHING EARLY ON?

So because Naruto's feelings for Sakura were revealed in the first chapter, it's canon? And When Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were revealed too? Wait, that's not possible.

The heck? Stalking them and never letting them know that you give a damn about them, letting them be miserable for the first twelve years of their life is "giving them respect"?

She was Shy. It was a part of her charater and personallity. I doesn't mean she didn't care.

Lee: Hey, Naruto.
Naruto: What is it, Lee, who should really be the main character?
Lee: Hinata likes you.
Naruto: OH SNAPS, I'm gonna suddenly grow hawt for a girl that I've only spent a few minutes with in my entire life and give up ever going out with the girl that I've liked for years!

Naruhina will happen in the future, not the next chapter. After more development.

Playing the victim card? Oh please.
So counter our arguements then.
The main theme is about the underdog winning out and gaining recognition. This is a concept as old as time itself. The underdog here is Naruto. He was never respected, and even when he was it was by people who never showed it. Yet we see him change. It is those closest to him that make him change. Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi are the ones with the most profound impact on him, and we see this when Naruto compares how people have come to care for him when Gaara has been all alone. They, along with Iruka, are the ones who have caused Naruto to change, and Sasuke and Sakura are the ones who have changed the most due to his actions. He has changed the perception of him with so many people ala the "main character *****-slap" method.

Yeah, Darkhope said "literary device" not main theme. Blood is a part of the series, not the whole. Try reading it rightt he next time.

Yeah, forgive me for not liking a stereotypically shy, young female character who's already fulfilled her purpose that all pathetic males with no balls masturbate to.

Yeah, and Sakura is a noisy ***** who only likes guys who hate her (Sasuke) and doesn't do anything useful until chapter 270-something. See, I can blow things out of proportion too.

... You're really grasping at straws, ain'tcha?

What about Asuma and Kurenai? They had a baby with almost 0 screentime.

Burden of proof. You say that she doesn't, yet you have no proof.
Do you have proof that she does?

Yeah, and this manga's thematic narrative is all about that.
No, it's just a part of it.
Naw, I just get some kicks out of seeing shippers get a rise about debating over a romance in a series that isn't about romance.
There can be romance in a series that isn't all about romance, like this one for example.

Your overall response to this: OMG, you aren't getting it, this is a shonen manga, so Narusaku is canon. This is a blind retort, you don't see what's obvious, just look at the facts, they're there. I can't believe how desperate you are and how stupid you are to get worked up about a shipping that is never going to happen, blah, blah, blah.

It seems to me that your reasoning is that thiss is a shonn manga, and Naruhina has had little screentime. Well, since Sakura has been in every chapter naruto has been in, why isn't there a confession?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
(Note that I'm INDIFFERENT to Naruto pairings, and am only supporting the opinion I find more valid at the moment)
And when one person thinks another is annoying, constantly rejects their date offers, and is in love with someone else, are they destined to be together?

This will be your response: Oh, so people's feelings can't change?

Sakura's view on Naruto has changed in the last 300+ chapters positively. She doesn't think he's annoying anymore, and she doesn't like Sasuke anymore.
You're forgetting that it's up to Kishimoto to change Naruto's feelings towards Hinata.

Which he hasn't since 300+ chapters, yet develops Sakura's view of Naruto? He has the chance to do it now, but hasn't. Which shows us that he's not interested in doing that.

So because Naruto's feelings for Sakura were revealed in the first chapter, it's canon? And When Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were revealed too? Wait, that's not possible.
Please elaborate a little on that, because I have no idea what you're trying to say.
She was Shy. It was a part of her charater and personallity. I doesn't mean she didn't care.
Even if she does HAVE respect and cared for Naruto, she didn't freakin' SHOW and GIVE him it most of the time.
Naruhina will happen in the future, not the next chapter. After more development.
And how would we know that for sure?

I like how people use the "it will happen in the future" route just to escape the point. Let's say development was given on NaruHina's side while Sakura still hates Naruto and Naruto still has some feelings for her. Would the "it will happen in the future. After more development" statement be enough to hold?

HE HAS COUNTERED YOUR ARGUMENTS SINCE THE THREAD STARTED.

You just can't seem to grasp that.

NOT countering your argument would be "Hahahaha, right. You're wrong. So shut the f*ck up."

Yeah, Darkhope said "literary device" not main theme. Blood is a part of the series, not the whole. Try reading it rightt he next time.
Literary devices refers to specific aspects of literature, in the sense of its universal function as an art form which expresses ideas through language, or with regard to a particular work, which we can recognize, identify, interpret and/or analyze. Both literary elements and literary techniques can rightly be called literary devices.

... What?

Yeah, and Sakura is a noisy ***** who only likes guys who hate her (Sasuke) and doesn't do anything useful until chapter 270-something. See, I can blow things out of proportion too.
And Hinata hasn't done anything special either ever since she was first introduced.

And how is HellKorn saying that he doesn't like the type of character Hinata is "blowing things out of proportion"? Because she IS the stereotypical shy character, "stalks" her crush, doesn't do anything about it (and I'm not f*cking talking about the "future" here - I'm talking about the present), and served her purpose.

(Also note that males with no balls DO masturbate to Hinata. Have you SEEN how much fanart there is of her in the Naruto fandom? Disgusting.)

Doesn't apply to a relationship with THE main character, who has had ALOT of screentime mostly WITHOUT Hinata. o_O There's a difference between being an item off-screen, and rushing into an relationship which has had less development than Sasuke, which we could see with our EYES.

That's like saying they could've had the timeskip in the span of the first three chapters.

Even if he doesn't, there's still the fact that there's NO proof that Sakura doesn't care about Naruto romantically. That's an opinion and shouldn't be stated as if it was a fact.
SARCASM.
There can be romance in a series that isn't all about romance, like this one for example.
He never said it didn't...
Your overall response to this: OMG, you aren't getting it, this is a shonen manga, so Narusaku is canon. This is a blind retort, you don't see what's obvious, just look at the facts, they're there. I can't believe how desperate you are and how stupid you are to get worked up about a shipping that is never going to happen, blah, blah, blah.

It seems to me that your reasoning is that thiss is a shonn manga, and Naruhina has had little screentime. Well, since Sakura has been in every chapter naruto has been in, why isn't there a confession?
DOES HE NEED TO SAY IT AGAIN?

He could care less if NaruSaku is canon. He just thinks that NaruHina isn't possible at this point.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Alright, I must have sounded like an *** in the last post, so from now on I'll try to stick to the facts. But what I don't get about Narusaku fans is that they disregard the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke. So their arguement to that is that Sakura has gotten over Sasuke in part two, but there is no evidence that suggests Sakura doesn't love Sasuke. In fact, when Sai insulted Sasuke, she got very angry with him. Which would suggest that she still cares very deeply for him.

And I know Sakura cares more about Naruto in part two, but it isn't love. Because if it was love, why does Sakura still reject Naruto when he asks her on a date?

And when they make the arguement that since Naruhina has had so little screen time, it's not likely to happen. But since Narusaku has had so much screen time, wouldn't Narusaku have been confirmed by now? It has been 365 chapters now, wouldn't Kishimoto have done it by now?

You see, the arguement you use to disprove Naruhina, can be used to disprove Narusaku.

Please elaborate a little on that, because I have no idea what you're trying to say.

When Hellkorn said that Kishimoto was trying to establish something early on, I said that because both Narusaku and Sasusaku were established in the first chapter, that meant they would both have to be "canon" (or whatever you two want to call it) by Hellkorn's logic; which is impossible.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
And when they make the arguement that since Naruhina has had so little screen time, it's not likely to happen. But since Narusaku has had so much screen time, wouldn't Narusaku have been confirmed by now? It has been 365 chapters now, wouldn't Kishimoto have done it by now?
I think it's because Kishimoto really isn't focusing on romance during this part of the manga - it feels like he's trying to focus on the action more. Besides, Naruto doesn't seem like the type of manga to really go into romance just yet - And I doubt any pairing that involves the main characters, mainly Naruto, will come true during the story like most manga published in Weekly Jump! comics.
When Hellkorn said that Kishimoto was trying to establish something early on, I said that because both Narusaku and Sasusaku were established in the first chapter, that meant they would both have to be "canon" (or whatever you two want to call it) by Hellkorn's logic; which is impossible.
I believe he didn't mean establishing something early on in the first few chapters. Read it again, and you'll see that he's talking about "Yeah, except with over three hundred and fifty or so chapters in, he never once realized this with Hinata, and he already realized this with Sakura." (read what he was replying to and you'll get it) If Naruto could fall for Hinata for the same reason he fell for Sakura, wouldn't he have realized it by now?

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
I think it's because Kishimoto really isn't focusing on romance during this part of the manga - it feels like he's trying to focus on the action more. Besides, Naruto doesn't seem like the type of manga to really go into romance just yet - And I doubt any pairing that involves the main characters, mainly Naruto, will come true during the story like most manga published in Weekly Jump! comics.

I believe he didn't mean establishing something early on in the first few chapters. Read it again, and you'll see that he's talking about "Yeah, except with over three hundred and fifty or so chapters in, he never once realized this with Hinata, and he already realized this with Sakura." (read what he was replying to and you'll get it) If Naruto could fall for Hinata for the same reason he fell for Sakura, wouldn't he have realized it by now?

I know that Kishimoto wouldn't put in romance in the middle of all the action right now. I'm talking about the manga as a whole, not the past couple of chapters. I agree, I don't think we will see a whole lot of romance for a little while, from both Narusaku and Naruhina.

But since Naruto had realized this with Sakura already, and since you say that Sakura's increased feelings about Naruto is love, wouldn't Narusaku have been confirmed by now? And all Naruhina fans know Naruto doesn't love Hinata, but we know that he can fall for her. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he won't, because as you said, Kishimoto isn't focusing on romance in this part of the manga yet. So we will have to wait and see where Kishimoto will go with this. And because in the current mission, both Hinata and Sakura are on the mission with Naruto, (along with the others), I think there should be some development, from either Naruhina or Narusaku. It doesn't have to be a confession or anything, just some sort of development. But which one it is, I don't know.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Hi'ya, Satoshi! Didn't think that you lumber into this thread.

Now you're starting to get the idea of shounen romance.

This will be your response: Oh, so people's feelings can't change? Sakura's view on Naruto has changed in the last 300+ chapters positively. She doesn't think he's annoying anymore, and she doesn't like Sasuke anymore.

Mah gawd u g3t m3

Oh yeah, it's entirely possible, but Kishimoto really ain't doin' it.

Haha, no.

Kishimoto introduced the element of who the heck Naruto likes early on. It's been a notable focus every now and then. He could do this with Hinata, and yet he doesn't, even though he's had three-hundred and fifty-some chapters to do so. Wouldn't you think there would be any progress by this point, even for a shounen manga?

Duh. And I said that Hinata cared about Naruto, long before most did. Yet she didn't do a thing to help him out or let him know, "Hey you aren't alone."

Do you have proof of this? A written statement in Kishimoto, in both Japanese and English? That there is absolutely no doubt that the pair will be given development?

Guess what, you don't. Why? Because you are not Kishimoto.

Pay attention. You take and analyze what has happened, not what might happen. Naruto could get in a steamy situation with Tsunade. Oh yah that's really gonna happen because I say it's gonna happen and repeat it like an annoying mantra.

Stop being a blind shipper and effin realize what the hell I've been telling you jokers all this time.

... You're new to this, ain't'cha?

Is blood integral to discovering what Naruto is really about? Hell no. It's fanwanking. It's seeing something that's not there. It is not a device to serves to support any part of the thematic narrative. Don't lecture me on something that you yourself don't apparently even understand.

Naw, that's about right. And I don't see how I blew things out of proportion when describing Hinata. She's a shitty, throwaway characters that is nothing original or properly developed, and countless fanboys gush over as if she were the new Rei.

OH YAH ASUMA AND KURENAI ARE MAIN CHARACTERS AND ABSOLUTELY SUPPORT THE THEMATIC NARRATIVE UH-HUH YOU GOT ME THERE BUDDY.

Do you even know what burden of proof means?! That was a rhetorical question. Evidently you don't.

Darkhope is making the assertion that Sakura doesn't like Naruto romantically, as if it were a fact. We cannot state this for certian because it is not made explicitly clear nor has this been said. It's pure speculation.

OI, SARCASM.

... No duh. Did I ever say there couldn't? I'm just amazed that people are so gung-ho about viciously supporting and looking for romance in a series that has practically nothing to do with romance. Read and watching ****ing romance anime and manga if you want to worship it to death.

Well done!

This. Is. A. Shounen. Romance.

You don't seem to get that, or what it implies.

Shounen draw things out for as long as possible, and the romance is never honestly in the spotlight, unless it is a shounen romance -- which Naruto is not. To start off with a "OMG DO I LURV HIM/HER" in the beginning of him or her with building it upon contrived events is something that you'd find in a mature romance like Honey and Clover, not something ridiculously trite like Naruto.

In fact, when Sai insulted Sasuke, she got very angry with him. Which would suggest that she still cares very deeply for him.

Yet that absolutely signals love who cares that it's someone that you've been close to and you have someone insulting someone that they don't even know personally and Naruto got ****** off too so oh hell he must want to drill Sasuke in the butt.

And I know Sakura cares more about Naruto in part two, but it isn't love.

Prove to me by pointing where it is clearly stated that she has no romantic inclinations towards him, budding or otherwise. You can't, because again, it's pure speculation.

Because if it was love, why does Sakura still reject Naruto when he asks her on a date?

Huh? Didn't she say that, "Ok, but you're paying," back when he asked upon his arrival back?

But since Narusaku has had so much screen time, wouldn't Narusaku have been confirmed by now? It has been 365 chapters now, wouldn't Kishimoto have done it by now?

Again, romance in shounen, regardless of if it is the focus or not, generally does not work that way.

You see, the arguement you use to disprove Naruhina, can be used to disprove Narusaku.

Uh, no.

See my above response for your misinterpretation.

But since Naruto had realized this with Sakura already, and since you say that Sakura's increased feelings about Naruto is love, wouldn't Narusaku have been confirmed by now?

Again, shounen romance doesn't typically pan out that way.

And all Naruhina fans know Naruto doesn't love Hinata, but we know that he can fall for her. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he won't, because as you said, Kishimoto isn't focusing on romance in this part of the manga yet.

THAT IS PURE SPECULATION MAH LAWD WHY DON'T YOU GET THAT.

I do not get a crap about the what if's or maybes. I consider what has happened, not what might happen. It's sheer conjecture that you're spewing, it's utterly baseless, and rejecting all common sense when it comes to observing storytelling.

lolshipping.

Word.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Yet that absolutely signals love who cares that it's someone that you've been close to and you have someone insulting someone that they don't even know personally and Naruto got ****** off too so oh hell he must want to drill Sasuke in the butt.

Yeah, that would be true, if it hadn't been for the factthat the last time Sakura's feelings about sasuke were talked about, she confessed to him. And since then, there hasn't been any proof that says she doesn't love him anymore; this scene continues those feelings for Sasuke.She doesn't say "I love Sasuke,don't insult him!" But the intensity of her reaction, compared to Naruto's shows she was hurt more by Sai's insult than Naruto.

Prove to me by pointing where it is clearly stated that she has no romantic inclinations towards him, budding or otherwise. You can't, because again, it's pure speculation.

When Naruhina fans say that Narusaku isn't going to happen because there is no proof that says she loves him, you all say that she does love him because there is no proof that says she doesn't love him. And the same thing goes for Sasuke and Sakura's relationship. That's a bit complicated for me.

Huh? Didn't she say that, "Ok, but you're paying," back when he asked upon his arrival back?
Then she ended up not going with him anyway. And again when she woke him up, she screamed "NO DUMBASS!".

Apparently, almost all of the evidence towards disproving Narusaku is all pure speculation, but at the same time parts of Narusaku can be called speculation too. So the only real concrete piece of evidence you guys have is that this is a shonen manga. So why would Sakura fall for Sasuke for the whole series if Narusaku will happen? She doesn't have to love someone else first, to make it a shonen manga does she? She could have gone through the series without loving anyone right? And it would still be called shonen, wouldn't it? Or maybe I still don't fully understand what shonen is all about.

Why is this FUCKING thread not...........CLOSED!?

Last edited:

Anzua2

...Do you mean not closed?

Rave

Banned
The question is, Why Isn't it closed?

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Well, I put another thread like this in the shipping section, but everyone keeps coming here still, not that much repsonse in the shipping section I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.