• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
People are still asking about Yamato? Yamato's pointless now. Naruto has full control over Kyuubi and the other Tailed Beast chakra too. Honestly you only need Naruto and Sasuke for this generation of shinobi. They're the only two shinobi that actually matter anymore. Though you could keep Shikamaru around for his smarts. Seriously why can't Shikamaru run for Hokage? He's not at all OP like Naruto or Sasuke, but he's brilliant and not lazy at all anymore. Oh well.

-Raiga-

As stupid as it was, I really hope whoever makes the naruto video games adds Madara's eye steal move to one of the games lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
People are still asking about Yamato? Yamato's pointless now. Naruto has full control over Kyuubi and the other Tailed Beast chakra too. Honestly you only need Naruto and Sasuke for this generation of shinobi. They're the only two shinobi that actually matter anymore. Though you could keep Shikamaru around for his smarts. Seriously why can't Shikamaru run for Hokage? He's not at all OP like Naruto or Sasuke, but he's brilliant and not lazy at all anymore. Oh well.

Yamato is a loose thread and I personally want to learn what became of him. I think he's inside Spiral Zetsu, but that's not confirmed.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Drive-by eye snatchings are the real threat to the Shinobi world.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Kakashi will get Obito's Rinnegan now though, so that means Sakura once again can't manage to stab something when it matters.

Nodame

Misty <3
I think Yamato was actually merged with the giant statue (can't remember the name) in order to cultivate more of Hashirama's cells and make the Zetsus stronger. He's pointless now imho.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yamato is a loose thread and I personally want to learn what became of him. I think he's inside Spiral Zetsu, but that's not confirmed.

Possibly. I wonder if we'll ever see him again or at least learn what happened to him. But to be fair there are a lot of people in this war arc who are either missing, disappeared, or are just flat out ignored.

PokeMaster366

Drive-by eye snatchings are the real threat to the Shinobi world.

I think it's incredibly obvious that Kakashi will get Obito's Rinnegan now though, so that means Sakura once again can't manage to stab something when it matters.

For the love of- They give her one simple job and she can't even do that one properly!

Nodame

Misty <3
For the love of- They give her one simple job and she can't even do that one properly!

There's been no failure yet and the cliffhanger only gives a vague idea on what could happen next -.- And even if she failed, it is done for storyline purposes. Perhaps Kishi wants Kakashi to get the other eyes? who knows.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Enjoyable chapter. Both Naruto and Sasuke pushing Madara, Sasuke getting some new praise, and Naruto becoming more versatile were all cool. Shame about Kakashi losing an eye, but I've been expecting that to happen since Madara returned. Didn't think he would use it just to go get his other eye though. Disappointed in Sakura, though I can't think of anything she could do to redeem herself in the coming chapters given the opponent.

Lorde

She just didn't get a chance to accomplish it yet though. Madara needs his other Rinnegan for the plot's sake anyway. He'll toss out Kakashi's eye after that, which sucks for Kakashi.

PokeMaster366

She just didn't get a chance to accomplish it yet though. Madara needs his other Rinnegan for the plot's sake anyway. He'll toss out Kakashi's eye after that, which sucks for Kakashi.

I was making a joke. The scene itself kind of reminded me of that one bit from the Nostalgia Critic review of "Man of Steel". Now that I think about it, Naruto is getting treated more or less like the Messiah kind of like Superman was in that movie. All that's missing is a similarity between Sasuke and Batman.

J Ken

RAVE
Tbh I'm expecting that if Obito does somehow foil Madara's attempts to get the Rinnegan that Madara will just take Obito's Sharingan and form a new Rinnegan out of Obito's Sharingans. If he does then he'll become that much more OP, I mean we still have yet to see the absolute full power of Obito's Sharingan and with Madara being pushed to a corner how he is now gaining those eyes will most definitely give him the edge.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I think we have seen the full power of Obito's Sharingan. We got a detail explanation and everything. Though it would be cool to see Madara transform it into another Rinnegan, or even reveal the possible third eye.

Lorde

Tbh I'm expecting that if Obito does somehow foil Madara's attempts to get the Rinnegan that Madara will just take Obito's Sharingan and form a new Rinnegan out of Obito's Sharingans. If he does then he'll become that much more OP, I mean we still have yet to see the absolute full power of Obito's Sharingan and with Madara being pushed to a corner how he is now gaining those eyes will most definitely give him the edge.

I'm still wondering why Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan can't use Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi or Susanoo.

J Ken

RAVE
I'm still wondering why Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan can't use Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi or Susanoo.

I'm not sure on that tbh but I'm glad he can't use them. No offense to those moves but they've become a bit too generic nowadays. They are still cool and all but I personally prefer Kamui considering only Obito's eyes have been shown to have that ability and cause of that it feels a bit more unique.

Nodame

Misty <3

Good point ._. isn't it that you need the Mangekyo in both eyes? one having Amaterasu and the other Tsukuyomi in order to have Susanoo. I might be wrong but that's what I got from watching the anime. I like your sig btw lol.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Because Obito doesn't want those generic powers. Sasuke has played them out to the max. Obito's eyes are special. That's what happens when you give your eyes to your best friend as opposed to killing your best friend to activate a evolved Sharingan. I'm just kidding, I don't know why Obito's eyes are different. But it does make Trolldara using Kamui, a move he's never had before, look even more broken and forced.

Akashin

Good point ._. isn't it that you need the Mangekyo in both eyes? one having Amaterasu and the other Tsukuyomi in order to have Susanoo. I might be wrong but that's what I got from watching the anime. I like your sig btw lol.

The two abilities being Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi aren't prerequisites I don't think; Sasuke's abilities are Amaterasu and Enton, if I'm not mistaken (I know Enton is done with his right eye), and he has Susanoo just fine. In Obito's case, the implication would be that Kamui is his one and only ability, utilized in both eyes (seeing as both he and Kakashi could do it with one eye each). I imagine Shisui and Kotoamatsukami are a similar situation.

Though it is entirely possible that both eyes need to be intact to initially awaken Susanoo, regardless of what abilities they have.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
By all accounts, every MS grants a different set of abilities. Itachi is the only one who had the combo of Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo. Sasuke has Amaterasu/Enton manipulation/Susanoo, Obito has Kamui, Shisui had Kotoamatsukami, and Madara has only showed Susanoo. While there has been mention of others possessing Enton, and the implication that others have possessed Kamui, as far as we know, what abilities someone gets upon awaking MS is chosen at random.

Also, the ability to gain Susanoo is considered a rarity.

Nodame

Misty <3
By all accounts, every MS grants a different set of abilities. Itachi is the only one who had the combo of Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo. Sasuke has Amaterasu/Enton manipulation/Susanoo, Obito has Kamui, Shisui had Kotoamatsukami, and Madara has only showed Susanoo. While there has been mention of others possessing Enton, and the implication that others have possessed Kamui, as far as we know, what abilities someone gets upon awaking MS is chosen at random.

Also, the ability to gain Susanoo is considered a rarity.
I think the reason why Obito can't use the Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo is because it's not in his bloodline. The same reason Sasuke can't use Kamui.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.