• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

I think the reason why Obito can't use the Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo is because it's not in his bloodline. The same reason Sasuke can't use Kamui.

Being based on bloodline would suggest Sasuke should have the same abilities as Itachi, though, which isn't the case. While it being entirely random might be pushing it, a combination of that and the eyes granting abilities geared toward the users' strengths (Genjutsu for Itachi and Shisui, Ninjutsu for Sasuke) seems to make sense to me.

J Ken

RAVE
Because Obito doesn't want those generic powers. Sasuke has played them out to the max. Obito's eyes are special. That's what happens when you give your eyes to your best friend as opposed to killing your best friend to activate a evolved Sharingan. I'm just kidding, I don't know why Obito's eyes are different. But it does make Trolldara using Kamui, a move he's never had before, look even more broken and forced.

Tbh it feels like Kishi just destroys all previously established logic just to make Madara look better. That's the impression I get from him honestly. I mean he's done so much things that completely devalued the struggle and importance of what everyone did in a way to make Madara look like the greatest thing ever.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Tbh it feels like Kishi just destroys all previously established logic just to make Madara look better. That's the impression I get from him honestly. I mean he's done so much things that completely devalued the struggle and importance of what everyone did in a way to make Madara look like the greatest thing ever.

This series doesn't even feel like Naruto anymore. It's certainly not about a ninja aiming to be the top ninja in his village anymore. Naruto suffered the DBZ effect that only a select few characters are still important. Basically Uchihas, Jinchuurikis, And those with Senju are the only ones who are important. They are the Super Saiyans of Naruto. I was afraid Naruto would get to this point and it did. I sure do miss the old Naruto days.

This series doesn't even feel like Naruto anymore. It's certainly not about a ninja aiming to be the top ninja in his village anymore. Naruto suffered the DBZ effect that only a select few characters are still important. Basically Uchihas, Jinchuurikis, And those with Senju are the only ones who are important. They are the Super Saiyans of Naruto. I was afraid Naruto would get to this point and it did. I sure do miss the old Naruto days.

The old Naruto episodes are indeed better, IMO: didn't just used to be Madara is the worst, so kill Madara, Sasuke is evil, Sasuke is good, Sasuke has gone back to being evil, but wait, now he's good again, etc. I prefer them over Naruto Shippuden myself, tbh.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think the reason why Obito can't use the Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi/Susanoo is because it's not in his bloodline. The same reason Sasuke can't use Kamui.

But he's an Uchiha also, so in theory he should have the same bloodline as other Mangekyo Sharingan users.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The old Naruto episodes are indeed better, IMO: didn't just used to be Madara is the worst, so kill Madara, Sasuke is evil, Sasuke is good, Sasuke has gone back to being evil, but wait, now he's good again, etc. I prefer them over Naruto Shippuden myself, tbh.

LOL, I haven't watched the anime in years. I just follow the manga now. But part 1 was better overall then part 2. Part 2 had good ideas and some good storylines. But it peaked at the Pain arc.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Umm, is a new chapter supposed to be out today? I'm finding it unusual not being out by now.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
^I was just on my way here to ask the same question :p

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Ah, okay. Thanks ^_^

Lorde

LOL, I haven't watched the anime in years. I just follow the manga now. But part 1 was better overall then part 2. Part 2 had good ideas and some good storylines. But it peaked at the Pain arc.

The Pain arc was my favorite arc of Part 2 as well, except for the ending. All that hype and Nagato just gave up. Naruto's Talk no Jutsu was too strong I guess. :p

Akashin

The Pain arc was my favorite arc of Part 2 as well, except for the ending. All that hype and Nagato just gave up. Naruto's Talk no Jutsu was too strong I guess. :p

Pain Arc was one of the few times Talk no Jutsu didn't feel annoying to me, but then, the Pain Arc is the golden era of Naruto in general for me, not just Part Two. Except the Rinne Tensei. That felt like a cop out after all was said and done.

-Raiga-

To me, the highlight of the series was the chiyo/sakura vs. Sasori battle. Even being so many chapters into the time-skip, everything felt so fresh and the series had so many ways to branch out. And personally it was my favorite battle in the whole series thusfar(well, maybe second to gaara-lee at the chunin exams)

Now I didn't think the Pain arc was bad by any means, but I don't think the fight between Naruto/Pain was all that interesting. Namely because it was a rehash of a much better fight Jiraiya just got done having with him.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better. More was on the line. Pain destroyed Konoha and at the time he was killing off characters left and right. Even Kakashi was presumed dead until the BS ending, which ruined how great the arc was. We also got to see nearly all of Pain's powers in the Naruto fight, as well as new powers from Naruto. The Pain Invasion arc actually felt like it could have been the climax of the series. Naruto had officially reached a Gokage level status at this point and Pain was a enemy with powers nobody else had at the time. It didn't feel like a rehash to me, only Pain's speeches.

The Sasori battle was good, if only because puppet style is such a rare treat and seeing Sasori with all these crazy powers and puppets was different. But beyond that, the fight's not that memorable for me. There are plenty of fights I'd put above that one. It's overlooked by I really loved the Sasuke vs Deidara battle. Deidara's C4 Bombs were outstanding. It's just to bad he was fighting Sasuke and his plotringan. But it was a good part 2 fight. Even the war arc, despite my overall dislike of it, has some very signature moments for lesser characters. Especially in the case for lesser characters like Choji and Ino.

Lorde

Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better.

I agree. I thought Jiraiya vs. Pain was actually kind of boring because of the flashbacks and in the end I felt that Jiraiya's hard work was for nothing. I mean did his final message to Konoha really change much? It seemed to me that after Shizune discovered Pain's chakra frequencies or whatever, that the village would've found out about the "real" Pain anyway.

-Raiga-

Naruto vs Pain told a much better story then Jiraiya's, IMO. Jiraiya vs Pain was another teacher vs corrupt student. It was good, don't get me wrong, but Pain's fight with Naruto was much better. More was on the line. Pain destroyed Konoha and at the time he was killing off characters left and right. Even Kakashi was presumed dead until the BS ending, which ruined how great the arc was. We also got to see nearly all of Pain's powers in the Naruto fight, as well as new powers from Naruto. The Pain Invasion arc actually felt like it could have been the climax of the series. Naruto had officially reached a Gokage level status at this point and Pain was a enemy with powers nobody else had at the time. It didn't feel like a rehash to me, only Pain's speeches.

I was strictly speaking in terms of the actual fight, which when you take out most of the story related elements you mentioned, wasn't a whole lot of anything. Yet at the same time it dragged on and on for me. We had already seen 80% of pains abilities, and as a character Pain is incredibly overrated considering he's pretty much a generic "destroy all hope" baddguy, regardless of his story getting there.

Also Naruto's "all new powers" were powers we just seen Jiraiya use.....so yeah.

Again though, I thought it was a great arc(minus ending of course), just not a great fight.

The Sasori battle was good, if only because puppet style is such a rare treat and seeing Sasori with all these crazy powers and puppets was different. But beyond that, the fight's not that memorable for me. There are plenty of fights I'd put above that one. It's overlooked by I really loved the Sasuke vs Deidara battle. Deidara's C4 Bombs were outstanding. It's just to bad he was fighting Sasuke and his plotringan. But it was a good part 2 fight. Even the war arc, despite my overall dislike of it, has some very signature moments for lesser characters. Especially in the case for lesser characters like Choji and Ino.

For me, the sasori fight rocked because Kishimoto managed to write a constantly evolving fight that felt like it had everything on the line despite being contested by the third wheel of team 7, some old chick, and a akatsuki member who even at the time we knew was low ranking in the group.

I agree. I thought Jiraiya vs. Pain was actually kind of boring because of the flashbacks and in the end I felt that Jiraiya's hard work was for nothing.

Well to me, Jiraiya's message not getting through was a hell of lot less anti-climactic that Naruto waging his entire village on a fight when everything just gets revived/remade in the end.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I was strictly speaking in terms of the actual fight, which when you take out most of the story related elements you mentioned, wasn't a whole lot of anything. Yet at the same time it dragged on and on for me. We had already seen 80% of pains abilities, and as a character Pain is incredibly overrated considering he's pretty much a generic "destroy all hope" baddguy, regardless of his story getting there.

Also Naruto's "all new powers" were powers we just seen Jiraiya use.....so yeah.

Again though, I thought it was a great arc(minus ending of course), just not a great fight.

For me, the sasori fight rocked because Kishimoto managed to write a constantly evolving fight that felt like it had everything on the line despite being contested by the third wheel of team 7, some old chick, and a akatsuki member who even at the time we knew was low ranking in the group.

Well to me, Jiraiya's message not getting through was a hell of lot less anti-climactic that Naruto waging his entire village on a fight when everything just gets revived/remade in the end.

Naruto's couldn't use Sage Mode like Jiraiya, so the "new powers" were used differently. Naruto didn't need to have the toads constantly on him. He perfected Rasenshuriken, a move Jiraiya never knew how to do. Naruto's Sage Mode was overall more impressive then Jiraiya's and it got a better showing in the fight. And again, the story was better told between Naruto vs Pain. Jiraiya vs his student we never heard of until now, while a good fight, was basically just a setup to Naruto vs Pain, with Pain being all mysterious with his powers. Pain wasn't generic when he first appeared. We didn't have a villain using the word "peace" as his excuse back then until Pain arrived. Pain feels redundant now because Rinnegan became overused and so has the "peace" word even by some villains. But back before the Fourth Shinobi War started, Pain was fairly unique and new for the Naruto universe. He's not anymore, but back then he was something different. That's why the Pain arc is usually so fondly remembered by many fans. Minus the BS ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.