• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Red and Blue

While I dropped out of the Naruto fandom for the last three years this was trending all over the internet. Kishimoto is coming back to write for the Boruto manga

UltimateNinja

Cute Redditmon
Uhh...not good. Kodachi's writing became pretty engaging in the last two years and it felt like he had an vision in his head how things are going to turn out. I hope he's still the guy who writes down the layers of the story and Kishimoto writing based on Kodachi's ideas.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Well if he's coming back then Sarada and the other female characters are probably screwed Lol. I'm totally expecting Boruto to become Hokage now instead of Sarada with her becoming useless and turning into a housewife Lol.
Bad take.

Kishi isn't going to randomly dick over Sadara just to wank Boruto.

Kishimoto's track record with female characters is yes legitmately bad. But Sadara is safe I assure you.

Leonhart

Imagineer
CyberBlaziken said:
Unless Kishimoto decides to draw as well since it's monthly.
I don't think that's going to happen: from what I gathered in his previous interviews, he seemed happy to step back from his illustration duties after Naruto ended, and I don't think he'd want to get back on the saddle if it means a bigger work load than he's had to deal with in years.

As for Sarada's treatment: I'm sure that her being an Uchiha will be enough to keep her in the spotlight.

TheWanderingMist

Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned
But why is he coming back? That's the real question.

UltimateNinja

Cute Redditmon
But why is he coming back? That's the real question.
Because Samurai 8 flopped and him returning to the manga he succeded the most.

As for Sarada's treatment: I'm sure that her being an Uchiha will be enough to keep her in the spotlight.
That's the actual problem here. The anime and manga were all about the Kara, Karma and Otsutsuki, not about the Uchiha. And even Gaiden didn't scratched that much in that subject. That the focus is all about Boruto and Kawaki and her and Mitsuki being pretty much side characters now is obvious especially after her and Snekboy not appearing for almost 10 chapters in a row. Now Kishimoto is back and how bad he was at writing girls is well known. Maybe that Uchiha circlejerk will force Kishimoto to write something out of place for the story but I doubt it will be something worthwhile.