• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I stopped keeping up with Boruto The Next Generations after the first few chapters. Now that Naruto's story is over I'm kind of indifferent to the adventures of his son
I'm really enjoying watching the anime in tandem with the manga because they both give different pieces of info to help build into the big picture. Some pretty big deaths are gonna come up and it's gonna be so sad... but it's been nice that Naruto has been heavily featured in Boruto to keep it more interesting.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Dropped the anime two years ago when we entered filler hell again and not focusing on some of the side characters.

I know the manga became pretty good right lately but the monthly release with these text heavy chapters becomes tedious.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Omg has anyone been keeping up with the manga? or at least the anime? It's getting so good
Given that this thread was dead for nearly two years, I don't think so.

Red and Blue

While I dropped out of the Naruto fandom for the last three years this was trending all over the internet. Kishimoto is coming back to write for the Boruto manga

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well if he's coming back then Sarada and the other female characters are probably screwed Lol. I'm totally expecting Boruto to become Hokage now instead of Sarada with her becoming useless and turning into a housewife Lol.

UltimateNinja

Uhh...not good. Kodachi's writing became pretty engaging in the last two years and it felt like he had an vision in his head how things are going to turn out. I hope he's still the guy who writes down the layers of the story and Kishimoto writing based on Kodachi's ideas.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well if he's coming back then Sarada and the other female characters are probably screwed Lol. I'm totally expecting Boruto to become Hokage now instead of Sarada with her becoming useless and turning into a housewife Lol.

Bad take.

Kishi isn't going to randomly dick over Sadara just to wank Boruto.

Kishimoto's track record with female characters is yes legitmately bad. But Sadara is safe I assure you.

Leonhart

Imagineer
CyberBlaziken said:
Unless Kishimoto decides to draw as well since it's monthly.

I don't think that's going to happen: from what I gathered in his previous interviews, he seemed happy to step back from his illustration duties after Naruto ended, and I don't think he'd want to get back on the saddle if it means a bigger work load than he's had to deal with in years.

As for Sarada's treatment: I'm sure that her being an Uchiha will be enough to keep her in the spotlight.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
But why is he coming back? That's the real question.

UltimateNinja

But why is he coming back? That's the real question.

Because Samurai 8 flopped and him returning to the manga he succeded the most.

As for Sarada's treatment: I'm sure that her being an Uchiha will be enough to keep her in the spotlight.

That's the actual problem here. The anime and manga were all about the Kara, Karma and Otsutsuki, not about the Uchiha. And even Gaiden didn't scratched that much in that subject. That the focus is all about Boruto and Kawaki and her and Mitsuki being pretty much side characters now is obvious especially after her and Snekboy not appearing for almost 10 chapters in a row. Now Kishimoto is back and how bad he was at writing girls is well known. Maybe that Uchiha circlejerk will force Kishimoto to write something out of place for the story but I doubt it will be something worthwhile.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I am so happy I haven't wasted time reading the Boruto manga lmao.

Killing off Kurama? How does that even make sense? Why even keep Naruto alive at that point?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Needed to somehow nerf the predecessors so the series star can shine.
It has been a travesty.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Nerfs aren't always bad. Joseph in stardust crusaders, jotaro in Diamond is unbreakable/Stone ocean etc.

Everything is downhill for you lol
Yeah, except when it makes 0 sense outside of convenience to get rid of characters.

This whole sequel has been just awful. Logic flies out the window if I try to understand why things happen at this rate.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'll say this about Boruto (to this day, I have trouble saying that name with a straight face). Awhile back, I was watching one of my favorite streamers, and the first time I heard that Naruto's son was named Boruto, I pretty much had the same thought go through my head that he and most of his chat had. I legitimately thought people were trolling. Needless to say, I was shocked when I found out that was really his name and not just an elaborate hoax.

Keep in mind, I actually liked Shippuden. It's just that these were my first thoughts with Boruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.