• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Kinda boring chapter. It was mostly more talking. Next chapter should be interesting. Naruto vs Deva will finally be over. Looks like Deva's strength is gone and Naruto's is back. Hope the rest of the fight isn't one sided.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
Pretty good chapter. It really is showcasing Naruto's brilliance. He's actually thinking of strategies instead of going head-first into battles and THEN figure out a strategy.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I just read Naruto volumes 38, 39 and 40, and their editing is getting more frequent, like editing out the double knock-out girls/guys (called Art of Onnanokotachi and Art of Otokonokotachi respectively, untranslated names, which is unusual for Viz, who usually supply a translation), making them just silhouettes...However, at the start of 38, they DID keep in Shikamaru holding an open pack of cigarettes....so much for editing out smoking. Also in the Hidan and Kakazu arc, why did they have to kill all of Kakazu's hearts? could have just y'know...aimed for the HEAD?

Becuase apparently he can't die until all 5 hearts are gone. Remember, if he dies, one of his hearts dies.

And they really couldn't seeing as how masks were attacking them.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

True, the head is a hard target (hence why in Black Cat, Train is taught to aim for the chest, because if he misses, he still hits the enemy). But thinking about it, the brain controls everything in the body, therefore, it must also control chakra surely? So if the head is cut off from the rest of the body, chakra wouldn't be able to circulate, thus killing Kakazu? Also, he'd lose control of his other vital organs xD

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
He's pretty much a zombie. I wouldn't be surprised if those weird black things would just spring out of his neck, attach to his decapitated head and sew his head back on.

And the exact quote in Black Cat was that most of the vital organs are in the chest, so if you hit there, you have a good shot of mortally wounding the opponent, or at least immobilizing him.

Either way, Black Cat pwns....shame the anime got Friztl'd.

That is true about the re-attaching...We should ask Kishi what would happen if someone had just cut Kakazu's head off. Like when Kakashi used his first lightning blade, what if he had hit his head instead?

HoennMaster

I just thought of something, will there be an Akatsuki if Pain is killed in the next few chapters? If Pain dies we have four members left. Obviously Kisame will follow Madara, but doesn't Konan despise him? And I'm not sure about Zetsu.

I liked this weeks chapter........I'd say more but it's been a few days since I read it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well, Since Madara is the real leader, Akatsuki will still exist. Although it's main goal may change depending on what Madara is really planning, It'll still pose a threat to Naruto and by a lesser extent Konoha.

Madara seems to have the loyalty of both Kisame and Zetsu and perhaps Sasuke, Althought no one can say. Konan will either die or become reform once this arc is over, Since it seems she was in Akatsuki more for Nagato. There's always the chance that they may gain new members to replace some of the ones that died, Like they did after the time skip with Hiden.

B.T.W. Akatsuki already had 9 members when the time skip began, So there's no excuse as to why they didn't begin sooner.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Madara I bet is in it for fun and really does not have a goal. Well he may but I don't see it yet....

In regards to Konan, she'll probably stay in the Akatsuki, possibly out of fear of what will happen to her if she defects - I mean, Madara is insanely powerful or Madara will throw the 'YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT!' argument at her, forcing her to stay.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Madara seems to have the loyalty of both Kisame and Zetsu and perhaps Sasuke, Althought no one can say. Konan will either die or become reform once this arc is over, Since it seems she was in Akatsuki more for Nagato.
Actually it seemed to me that the fact that Naruto apparently wants to have a chat with the real Pain implies that there's a small chance that even Nagato may turn to his side. I know that sounds crazy, especially after nearly eliminating Konoha from the face of the planet single-handedly, but just keep that in mind...

But I can definitely see Nagato dying in the end after perhaps a change of heart, and Konan consequently joining Naruto, but I guess it all depends on who dies.

There's always the chance that they may gain new members to replace some of the ones that died, Like they did after the time skip with Hiden.
That would be cool, but the way Kishimoto is attempting to approach an end to the story makes me believe otherwise. I don't think he'll want to add more huge characters anymore, especially after finally sizing the Akatsuki down.

Last edited:

YukiJadenSurvives

I just thought of something, will there be an Akatsuki if Pain is killed in the next few chapters? If Pain dies we have four members left. Obviously Kisame will follow Madara, but doesn't Konan despise him? And I'm not sure about Zetsu.

I liked this weeks chapter........I'd say more but it's been a few days since I read it.
Madara
Pain
Zetsu
Kisame
Konan
Suigetsu
Sasuke
Karin
Jugo
That's more than four members.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
^Team Hawk aren't official members.

I think that Hawk will ambush the remaining Akatsuki.
Karin will fight Konan.
Jugo will fight Zetsu.
Suigetsu will fight Kisame.
Sasuke will fight Madara/Tobi/Obito/Danzo/Tsunade.
I'm not sure of the outcomes though...

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Konan doesn't seem all that afraid of Madara, Especially with the way she talks back to him. Madara also stated that he plans on regaining his power using Akatsuki, So whether this will only take the Kyuubi or if he requires the other Bijuu is still unknown.

While it does look like the series is ending soon, I still would love to see more Akatsuki members. Kishi was horrible with the group, By the time Pain was revealed, Nearly half the members were gone, Killed by a bunch of children. In fact out of all the dead members known, Only one (Kakuzu) was killed by an actual adult. Akatsuki was suppose to be a group of bad asses, But they came off only slightly scarier then the Sound Four.

Yeah...how come Sasori was the only one to be replaced? Not Hidan, Kakazu, Deidara and Itachi. Probably because Hidan was blown to bits so they couldn't retrieve the ring, Konoha tool Kakazu's body with them so Akatsuki can't get the ring, Deidara went boom so they couldn't retrieve the ring....as for Itachi....hmm...

They could have at least replaced Itachi....Zetsu even went to get his body didn't he?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Actually, I believe Sasuke is Itachi's replacement. I can't remember the chapter, But I believe Madara spoke about it to Zetsu.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
While it does look like the series is ending soon, I still would love to see more Akatsuki members. Kishi was horrible with the group, By the time Pain was revealed, Nearly half the members were gone, Killed by a bunch of children. In fact out of all the dead members known, Only one (Kakuzu) was killed by an actual adult. Akatsuki was suppose to be a group of bad asses, But they came off only slightly scarier then the Sound Four.

They're not children, they're ninjas. Big difference.

And technically Sasori was killed by an adult. You know, the 'summon two puppets to stab him through the heart' thing. Kakuzu technically died to Kakashi once, but Naruto landed the finishing blow. Hidan didn't actually die, Itachi was killing himself, and Deidara kinda committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.