• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I do find it odd that the other villages are defenseless, but I doubt they'll play a role so Kishi probably won't bother with them anyway. I do think that Madara will stick with hunting the Jinchuriki and not even both with the war himself. The war looks to be just a distraction while he finds and captures Bee and Naruto through all the chaos.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I'm STOKED about the Kage's fights!

Tsunade vs. Dan
Raikage vs. su Padre
Gaara vs. su Padre
Mizukage vs. Yagura
Tsuchikage vs. Deidara

^0^ WAR!

-Raiga-

I really don't get why people are excited to see the kages and others fight. I'd much rather have a 4-5 chapter battle between two nobodies like tenten and shino with all the twists and turns of a real battle as opposed to a bunch of rushed fights with people doing ridiculous techniques just for the sake of doing them.

gliscor&yanmega

I liked the recent chapter(Then again I like pretty much most of the chapters).

I'm glad Zetsu appeared again, can't wait to see him do his thing.

Upcoming war has a lot of promise in it.

I really don't get why people are excited to see the kages and others fight. I'd much rather have a 4-5 chapter battle between two nobodies like tenten and shino with all the twists and turns of a real battle as opposed to a bunch of rushed fights with people doing ridiculous techniques just for the sake of doing them.

I really don't get why some people expect the fights to be rush and such.

Pretty sure Kishi will use this war to showcase everyone, why else bring back the dead who didn't show their full potential, why else bring characters like Shino, Lee, Ino, etc... if they wont get their full potential shown after seeing them do little to nothing prior to the war.

Shino will get a good fight.

Tenten...I guess can get a good fight, don't care about her at all though.

Lee, Neji, Hinata, Ino, Sakura, Kiba, etc... can all get a good fight.

This war isn't going to be 10 chapters and it's done and over with, I can see it lasting at less 60 chapters.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

I really don't get why some people expect the fights to be rush and such.

Pretty sure Kishi will use this war to showcase everyone, why else bring back the dead who didn't show their full potential, why else bring characters like Shino, Lee, Ino, etc... if they wont get their full potential shown after seeing them do little to nothing prior to the war.

Shino will get a good fight.

Tenten...I guess can get a good fight, don't care about her at all though.

Lee, Neji, Hinata, Ino, Sakura, Kiba, etc... can all get a good fight.

This war isn't going to be 10 chapters and it's done and over with, I can see it lasting at less 60 chapters.

Wow, woo-hoo, 60 chapters for what, at least all of the konoha 10-11, plus their tutors, former enemies, current enemies, and plenty more.

I just described me not wanting to see a 2 chapter dissapointment with interruptions like guy vs. kisame was, so don't tell me without better reasoning were going to get that in an entire war. Yes, people like naruto will probably get one, but I specifically stated why people are exited to see the kages when it will just be crazy powereful moves with no story to the battles.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
As this is clearly the final battle, It's clear that Kishi brought all those characters back because he wanted to show what they all could really do before the series ended. We have seen nothing of what the Jinchuuriki, Hanzou, And the various other ninjas can do. We only had rumors of what Itachi and Nagato could do. The only ones that we know much about are Deidara and Sasori, Maybe Kakuzu. So Kishi gave himself the chance to show them off instead of merely talking about them through others.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
As this is clearly the final battle, It's clear that Kishi brought all those characters back because he wanted to show what they all could really do before the series ended. We have seen nothing of what the Jinchuuriki, Hanzou, And the various other ninjas can do. We only had rumors of what Itachi and Nagato could do. The only ones that we know much about are Deidara and Sasori, Maybe Kakuzu. So Kishi gave himself the chance to show them off instead of merely talking about them through others.

You may be in over your head on those battles. That might happen but I wouldn't depend on that because Naruto would be shafted for the next 50+ chapters with all the battles. A bunch of White Zetsu and an army of the undead vs Shinobi. I can see a few attack from each undead but full on battle will most likely be limited to a few important characters. Also I think the death of the Sannin will come full circle with Tsunade's death or Jiraiya makes an epic entrance to fight Dan for Tsunade lol.

I'm curious as to how most of the undead know about Edo Tensei like Dan and other nation ninja.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This arc is basically the biggest thing in the Shippuden series. I would be surprised (and disappointed) if it didn't last awhile.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
You may be in over your head on those battles. That might happen but I wouldn't depend on that because Naruto would be shafted for the next 50+ chapters with all the battles. A bunch of White Zetsu and an army of the undead vs Shinobi. I can see a few attack from each undead but full on battle will most likely be limited to a few important characters. Also I think the death of the Sannin will come full circle with Tsunade's death or Jiraiya makes an epic entrance to fight Dan for Tsunade lol.

I'm curious as to how most of the undead know about Edo Tensei like Dan and other nation ninja.
Perhaps. I don't think the Zetsu and majority of ninjas will be anything but fodder and barely shown. Like I said, We haven't seen much of most of the revived ninjas, So simply showing us a few of their moves and personality would be pretty good. Three or four chapters each would be more then enough to show that.

As for them knowing about Edo Tensei, I have no idea. Maybe Tobirama used it quite a bit.

Last edited:

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
Perhaps. I don't think the Zetsu and majority of ninjas will be anything but fodder and barely shown. Like I said, We haven't seen much of most of the revived ninjas, So simply showing us a few of their moves and personality would be pretty good. Three or four chapters each would be more then enough to show that.

As for them knowing about Edo Tensei, I have no idea. Maybe Tobirama used it quite a bit.

Or even Orochimaru. This arc will last a while I can see. It's true we need to see some more action from the revived guys. I was just wondering, after a really long time Zabuza and Haku haven't been mentioned (excluding fillers and when Inari and Tazuna came to help rebuild the Leaf Village), well, I get to see them in action again. It has been a long time. Wonder if Kabuto will revive Orochimaru.

Lorde

Oh I really hope this arc is the last Naruto arc. I love the story but it should end soon since everything has been building up to this conclusion. Kishi looks like someone who would give us a nice ending and not some random BS ending like some other manga gave us. I'd like things to end with Naruto as Hokage at least. It looks like he might get the chance since I'm sure Tsunade will finally die in this war. Her character's role ending a long time ago anyway.

7 tyranitars

yes I think this is the last arc aswell, and with dan resurected tsunade will die I think and Naruto should be hokage at the end or else the end will fail :(

gliscor&yanmega

Wow, woo-hoo, 60 chapters for what, at least all of the konoha 10-11, plus their tutors, former enemies, current enemies, and plenty more.

I just described me not wanting to see a 2 chapter dissapointment with interruptions like guy vs. kisame was, so don't tell me without better reasoning were going to get that in an entire war. Yes, people like naruto will probably get one, but I specifically stated why people are exited to see the kages when it will just be crazy powereful moves with no story to the battles.

60 chapters of fighting, secrets revealed. A build up to the final end...the usually you know.

I'm not really sure what you're saying now though. This war is most likely the beginning of the end. Kishi hasn't shown much from anyone other then Akatsuki and Naruto and Sasuke. With this war and how he's brought practically everyone who has been in the manga...it's only logically he plans to reveal all, showing all their full potential. Of course not everyone will be getting a full battle that drags on for 10 chapters. But all the "Rookies" will for sure get what they haven't gotten much of all in the manga, their full potential revealed.

They is a lot of potential from this war, with tons of shocks that could come.

You'd think writers would take advantage of a chance like this, I have a lot of faith in Kishi, hasn't really let me down. I expect a very well written war with tons of chapters showing off everyone.

This war will be a long event that will last around a year if not more. It will have ton of shocks and turns and will reveal all. It's the perfect time to finish the character's development off all in one hit, which will please almost everyone with them getting their favorite character to have a good amount of development.

I can see people complain about it still...people always complain and continue to read/watch whatever it is they are complaining about for some reason. Some will probably think Kishi should have just gave development to the characters sooner rather then now but hey guess what...it's Kishi's story he writes it whatever way he wants, with in reason.

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
60 chapters of fighting, secrets revealed. A build up to the final end...the usually you know.

I'm not really sure what you're saying now though. This war is most likely the beginning of the end. Kishi hasn't shown much from anyone other then Akatsuki and Naruto and Sasuke. With this war and how he's brought practically everyone who has been in the manga...it's only logically he plans to reveal all, showing all their full potential. Of course not everyone will be getting a full battle that drags on for 10 chapters. But all the "Rookies" will for sure get what they haven't gotten much of all in the manga, their full potential revealed.

You'd think writers would take advantage of a chance like this, I have a lot of faith in Kishi, hasn't really let me down. I expect a very well written war with tons of chapters showing off everyone.

This war will be a long event that will last around a year if not more. It will have ton of shocks and turns and will reveal all. It's the perfect time to finish the character's development off all in one hit, which will please almost everyone with them getting their favorite character to have a good amount of development.

I can see people complain about it still...people always complain and continue to read/watch whatever it is they are complaining about for some reason. Some will probably think Kishi should have just gave development to the characters sooner rather then now but hey guess what...it's Kishi's story he writes it whatever way he wants, with in reason.

The end of Naruto? Possibly. But I think it's perhaps too early to say. I mean, showing all the dead people and all does mean bringing back the memories and all, to help wrap this story up. But what if it isn't the end? What if there'll be post-war stuff and all?

Bleach could have ended just after Aizen was defeated, but instead, a new arc was introduced. It's true that there are only 426 chapters of Bleach, but still.

Maybe Naruto will end. The defeat of Madara, Sasuke becomes good/Naruto kills him, Tsunade's death, Naruto mastering the Kyuubi's power and becoming Hokage etc. Who knows? It's for Kishi to decide. Like you said, all secrets revealed, etc. The final battle.

On the other hand, it may not end. The story will still continue, a new antagonist will be introduced and a new arc starts. Naruto meets new friends and...goes all the way until the end.

If the war shows a lot of secrets and stuff previously hidden, it's most likely the end. If all the other ninja, including guys like Neji, Lee, Kiba etc. and the unnamed guys just do some random fights and all the important guys like Kabuto, Madara, Sasuke, Naruto, Killerbee and the Hokages get all the spotlight, it probably won't.

What I think will happen is this: all other ninja just take out the white Zetsus. Naruto faces off versus Madara and kicks his butt and all other important guys will get their fights. Sasuke, after Madara's defeat, may either try to take out Naruto and fail, or just go crazy and try to take out the Leaf Village, and fail even harder. And then Sasuke escapes and he's the final boss. The final fight will probably be Naruto vs Sasuke, and Sasuke will die. The end. Or maybe not. The story may drag on and on with stuff that Kishi writes and the final fight: Naruto vs Sasuke.

Personally, I don't want Naruto to end after this arc.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Oh I really hope this arc is the last Naruto arc. I love the story but it should end soon since everything has been building up to this conclusion. Kishi looks like someone who would give us a nice ending and not some random BS ending like some other manga gave us. I'd like things to end with Naruto as Hokage at least. It looks like he might get the chance since I'm sure Tsunade will finally die in this war. Her character's role ending a long time ago anyway.

In order for that to happen at least both Tsunade and Kakashi have to die.

And I really don't want that to happen, but this war is bound to be piled with Casualties...

I wonder how is Kishimoto gonna deal with the Zetus.

Lorde

The Zetsu's are all plants right? Why not just have the ninja use Katon to deal with them? If that doesn't work then I can see Kishimoto pulling something out of his arse at the last minute. Eitherway, the Zetsu's are all just distractions so I don't expect much from them.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The Zetsu's are just death fodder for the 80,000 ninjas.

I have a weird feeling that the zombies are going to end up coming back to life as humans again. It's not totally out in left field in terms of this series.

-Raiga-

I know where you're coming from, but my main problem is that Naruto has been such a great series regardless of your age because it simply has surprising and good writing, but its easy to predict that crazy powerful people will have crazy powerful attacks. This would be fine, but my main point is I don't think they'll get the time they derserve to make it worthwhile. Meaning something around the length of the diedara vs. sasuke or sakura vs. sasori. Perhaps that length is personal preference on my part.

I myself think regardless of my problems with it the arc will be done well. Its just naruto/shippuden has always been about making new characters and leaving behind many, and I just don't like bringing back many characters that added so much mystery to the naruto series, just to be exposed for a few seconds.

I always hate when people use this arguement. Its the same as the "yea you hate this gen of pokemon now but you'll still buy it" thing. Yes, I understand kishimoto does things for a reason, but the doesn't mean I can't criticize him by explaining that I think it would be more effective for the group he aims the series at to do a particular thing. In fact its because he's done such a good job up until this point that I even bother mentioning my complaint.

Of course, with such a big thing such as a war towards the end of a series, its easy for anyone to be doubtful, so I do hope I'm wrong of course.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
The end of Naruto? Possibly. But I think it's perhaps too early to say. I mean, showing all the dead people and all does mean bringing back the memories and all, to help wrap this story up. But what if it isn't the end? What if there'll be post-war stuff and all?

Bleach could have ended just after Aizen was defeated, but instead, a new arc was introduced. It's true that there are only 426 chapters of Bleach, but still.

Maybe Naruto will end. The defeat of Madara, Sasuke becomes good/Naruto kills him, Tsunade's death, Naruto mastering the Kyuubi's power and becoming Hokage etc. Who knows? It's for Kishi to decide. Like you said, all secrets revealed, etc. The final battle.

On the other hand, it may not end. The story will still continue, a new antagonist will be introduced and a new arc starts. Naruto meets new friends and...goes all the way until the end.

If the war shows a lot of secrets and stuff previously hidden, it's most likely the end. If all the other ninja, including guys like Neji, Lee, Kiba etc. and the unnamed guys just do some random fights and all the important guys like Kabuto, Madara, Sasuke, Naruto, Killerbee and the Hokages get all the spotlight, it probably won't.

What I think will happen is this: all other ninja just take out the white Zetsus. Naruto faces off versus Madara and kicks his butt and all other important guys will get their fights. Sasuke, after Madara's defeat, may either try to take out Naruto and fail, or just go crazy and try to take out the Leaf Village, and fail even harder. And then Sasuke escapes and he's the final boss. The final fight will probably be Naruto vs Sasuke, and Sasuke will die. The end. Or maybe not. The story may drag on and on with stuff that Kishi writes and the final fight: Naruto vs Sasuke.

Personally, I don't want Naruto to end after this arc.
In all honesty, Naruto needs to end after this arc. There really isn't much Kishi can do after what he's doing in this arc and there's no way for him to top the current power levels. Not to mention introducing even stronger opponents would make no sense in the context of the story. Right now we have basically every powerful ninja in history preparing to fight it out. The only way for it to work is if Kishi just began again with all new characters. Otherwise Kishi will be jumping the shark over another shark.

The Zetsu's are all plants right? Why not just have the ninja use Katon to deal with them? If that doesn't work then I can see Kishimoto pulling something out of his arse at the last minute. Eitherway, the Zetsu's are all just distractions so I don't expect much from them.
From what we've seen, Mokuton doesn't seem like it would be weak against fire, Since Hashirama regularly went up against Katon users without any trouble and elementally it's made from part water. Kishi has already set up a way to deal with all the Zetsus: Kabuto's poison, Which controls and can probably kill Mokuton cells.

The Zetsu's are just death fodder for the 80,000 ninjas.

I have a weird feeling that the zombies are going to end up coming back to life as humans again. It's not totally out in left field in terms of this series.
I don't know about death fodder. We have already seen that they can take the shape and ability of any ninja they touch and merge into the ground undetected. Not to mention when they die, They could release the spores to suck out their opponent's chakra and trap them at the same time. I see them being a real threat to the alliance.

I would hate for the dead ninjas to come back to life. That seems like a cheap cop out and has already been done with Konoha. But if it's to be done, It probably would involve the power of the Rinnegan, Which has already been shown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.