• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 tyranitars

If Sakura becomes Hokage it will be an anticlimax. :/ Naruto for Hokage!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If Sakura becomes Hokage it will be an anticlimax. :/ Naruto for Hokage!

But if Naruto ends up dying at the end of the series, Konoha will be forced to choose someone else for the position of Hokage when Tsunade dies/retires. There are only a few ninja who are qualified for the job, and I think that Sakura could be one of them. The other candidates are Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Konohamaru, but we've already come up with reasons why they shouldn't be picked.

There's really only one other candidate that I would love to see as Hokage: Itachi.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sakura isn't one of the candidates I would choose. Her only noteworthy ability is her strength which can easily be countered by a powerful fighter. Since we don't see the others much in the manga it's kinda hard to count them. Personally I always thought Neji, Lee, Shino, Hinata, and even Ino have better jutsu and talents then Sakura in the few chapters they appear in. I could see Sakura leading her own squad but as Hokage, what could she actually do besides punch things?

7 tyranitars

But if Naruto ends up dying at the end of the series, Konoha will be forced to choose someone else for the position of Hokage when Tsunade dies/retires. There are only a few ninja who are qualified for the job, and I think that Sakura could be one of them. The other candidates are Kakashi, Shikamaru, and Konohamaru, but we've already come up with reasons why they shouldn't be picked.

There's really only one other candidate that I would love to see as Hokage: Itachi.

I suppose your right.. I hope he doesn't die tho. :p

Now Itachi for Hokage that could be interesting, but I don't see that happen because of the whole uchiha masacre thing.

Lorde

Now Itachi for Hokage that could be interesting, but I don't see that happen because of the whole uchiha masacre thing.

There are several characters who know the truth about what happened. So it's possible that the villagers could forgive Itachi if they knew exactly why he killed his fellow clan members. I don't know if Itachi will even survive the war, but I think it's possible. It would be too sad if he died a second time. :(

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Can't see Itachi sticking around for much longer, but if he does, it'll probably be as a lone ninja traveling the world and protecting Konoha from afar. Depends on what happens with Sasuke.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Unless some very unlikely event happens, Itachi won't survive. He was sure to stop Edo Tensei and despite being free from Kabuto's control, he too would disappear when the technique was undone, right? Even Kabuto mentioned so when explaining the basis of the jutsu to Madara . Will probably resist until Killer Bee is (eventually) captured and before Naruto fights off Sasuke after he gives some lecture to his younger brother that would probably shed some light on his actions.

Lorde

I'm not too familiar with how the Edo Tensei technique works, but I hope that Itachi survives somehow. He may be the only character that Sasuke will listen to, so I hope that Kishi keeps Itachi around for a long time. If any characters need to die, it's the ones that are alive without purpose. There are just so many characters who no longer serve any purpose in the story, and I don't quite understand why half of them are still alive.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm not too familiar with how the Edo Tensei technique works, but I hope that Itachi survives somehow. He may be the only character that Sasuke will listen to, so I hope that Kishi keeps Itachi around for a long time. If any characters need to die, it's the ones that are alive without purpose. There are just so many characters who no longer serve any purpose in the story, and I don't quite understand why half of them are still alive.

Agreed. There are to many characters who no longer serve a purpose that I actually wished they had died during the war to show some emotion from their friends and really motivate the plot of this war. As for Itachi, who knows if he'll live or not, I do hope he lives to confront Sasuke, I mean who better then to sway him but we'll see.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

I think Kabuto is the ultimate controller of the jutsu, so he can dispel it whenever he wants. I don't see Itachi surviving without hax.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
If Kabuto could dispel Itachi, he likely would have done so by now instead of allowing Itachi to stick around and interfere with his collection of Naruto and Shisui's eye. So as far as we know, Kabuto can't cancel the summoning of Itachi and according to what he told Madara, that's the only way to actually stop Edo Tensei. The only option left appears to be sealing Itachi or him finding peace and willing releasing himself.

7 tyranitars

I hope itachi stays arround too, guese there is only one way to find out. :eek:

Shneak

If Kabuto could dispel Itachi, he likely would have done so by now instead of allowing Itachi to stick around and interfere with his collection of Naruto and Shisui's eye. So as far as we know, Kabuto can't cancel the summoning of Itachi and according to what he told Madara, that's the only way to actually stop Edo Tensei. The only option left appears to be sealing Itachi or him finding peace and willing releasing himself.

No, I don't think Kabuto can target an individual to dispel. He either dispels the entire jutsu and everyone being controlled, or he continues to use it. That's what I'm assuming.

Lorde

The way I see it, Itachi is outside the Edo Tensei's control because of Shisui's Kotoamatsukami. So it's not unreasonable to believe that he may survive when the jutsu is cancelled out. I'm not sure if Itachi can be sealed away or not, and I can't see Kabuto trying to seal him away anyway, as he still needs to concentrate on using the Edo Tensei technique. I just don't know if Kabuto could fight Itachi while still controlling so many ninja at once.

Shneak

I think Itachi used Shisui's Kotoamatsukami to escape Kabuto's manipulation of his body, but he is still being kept 'alive' by Kabuto.

I don't think Kabuto will be able to fight yet either. I think that will come later where he will have to choose to fight or control Edo Tensei. No doubt he has some more tricks up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.