• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I don't think Obito is final villain material, though. And I really don't think the all-powerful Madara would be defeated by Obito of all people. His only real talents are Kamui related jutsu, and Madara should know enough about Obito's MS to be able to avoid getting sucked into the other dimension.

And in my opinion, the Allied Shinobi don't need to be here. There isn't anyone among them who can stand up to Obito or Madara.

I hope the Allied Shinobi alliance gets there and Sakura ends up dying at Madara's hands. That would make up the latest chapters. :p

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Madara killing Obito? I haven't heard that theory before. But I'm not really pleased Madara is still around even after Edo Tensei expired. It feels like it was just a cheap way to keep him around, just like Orochimaru. I agree Obito doesn't feel like last villain stuff, but Orochimaru's chances of being the one rose a little when he was brought back to life. I still hate that choice. When a villain is killed off or sealed off I wish they would stay dead. Orochimaru's revival sickens me, I'm not even going to lie. I loved him during the main villain of part 1 but you just know they'll have to give him a insane upgrade to keep up with the current big names. Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee, and the Kages could all take Orochimaru down, unless he gets a cheap upgrade.

Now that Madara has joined up with Obito, can I assume the Kage are all DEAD?

Madara isn't the type to go easy and leave his opponents, alive, albeit KO'ed but alive, never, ever.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I hope the Allied Shinobi alliance gets there and Sakura ends up dying at Madara's hands. That would make up the latest chapters. :p
Prefect, Naruto will then up becoming the next Tobi and Sasuke will have to become the main hero.

gliscor&yanmega

Are you sure he said this recently? Kishi seems to keep pushing the pace of the manga faster so I'd be surprised if he still expects so much more out of it (although I wouldn't be surprised if it went that long unintentionally).

A month or so ago, yes. He said in a recent enough interview that related to someone from the Anime team asking him about how much longer Naruto was going to last, and he said it was suppose to be another 1.5 years but it's going to be more now. Something like that I believe. So 2 years is probably going to happen, maybe even more.

There's still a lot Kishi can do, as it is, Naruto and Sasuke's whole thing wouldn't be surprising if that takes a year alone. Obito and Madara still have to be dealt with. Orochimaru is around again, maybe getting a better death this time and stays dead(Or maybe he gets changed too, his parents died which drove him to this point, he needs a long overdo hug). Juubi may or may not end up having a role in the story, it could end up being stopped before it fully awakens, which I'm sure will piss off a lot of people but...not like that's anything new, I hope it plays more of a part though, hoping Rikudo gets more of a role too, but again, might not get anything and just be kept mysterious and whatnot. Could always have an epilogue too. Who knows what else Kishi has planned, but all that would probably fit into 100 so chapters.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
Madara killing Obito? I haven't heard that theory before. But I'm not really pleased Madara is still around even after Edo Tensei expired. It feels like it was just a cheap way to keep him around, just like Orochimaru. I agree Obito doesn't feel like last villain stuff, but Orochimaru's chances of being the one rose a little when he was brought back to life. I still hate that choice. When a villain is killed off or sealed off I wish they would stay dead. Orochimaru's revival sickens me, I'm not even going to lie. I loved him during the main villain of part 1 but you just know they'll have to give him a insane upgrade to keep up with the current big names. Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee, and the Kages could all take Orochimaru down, unless he gets a cheap upgrade.

Orochimaru could hold his own to Bee and could beat Sasuke before he got all the generic power boosts. He could also beat Tsunade, Mei, and A.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Orochimaru could hold his own to Bee and could beat Sasuke before he got all the generic power boosts. He could also beat Tsunade, Mei, and A.

What am I reading here? You know how far behind Orochimaru was left behind not to mention nerfed compared to the other kage level ninjas?

Once Jiraiya showed his Sage Mode most people agreed he was the strongest of the Sannin and not to mention his stats are highest in the data books.

Tsunade has a better healing ability than anyone except Senju Hashirama.

A could run circles around Oro and fought with Minato multiple time and survived.

Mei could literally melt away Oro.

I don't even have to mention Onoki.

Even Gaara wouldn't have much trouble considering his sand abilities.

All in all Orochimaru has become a minor character unless Kishi forces him to come back into the plot.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
What am I reading here? You know how far behind Orochimaru was left behind not to mention nerfed compared to the other kage level ninjas?

Once Jiraiya showed his Sage Mode most people agreed he was the strongest of the Sannin and not to mention his stats are highest in the data books.

Tsunade has a better healing ability than anyone except Senju Hashirama.

A could run circles around Oro and fought with Minato multiple time and survived.

Mei could literally melt away Oro.

I don't even have to mention Onoki.

Even Gaara wouldn't have much trouble considering his sand abilities.

All in all Orochimaru has become a minor character unless Kishi forces him to come back into the plot.

I am talking about full power Orochimaru. That being him without all the seals and still having his arms. He was keeping up with Tsunade while completely unable to use jutsu in the beginning of the series. He was fighting par on par with 4 tail chakra cloak Naruto (And one tail was enough to finish Jiraiya off.) Sasuke only absorbed him when he did because his soul was rejecting the body and he was on his deathbed. He is also the one who killed Hiruzen.

A might do okay, but A is so stupid I think he could beat him with pure intelligence.

Oonoki and Gaara would win.

Mei just sucks all around.

You also need to take into account that Orochimaru is said to have mastered over 1000 jutsu.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Now that Madara has joined up with Obito, can I assume the Kage are all DEAD?

Madara isn't the type to go easy and leave his opponents, alive, albeit KO'ed but alive, never, ever.

I doubt Madara killed the Gokage. I think it's more likely that he just left. Onoki wanted to stop him, but I doubt Madara bothered to finish them off since they were "unsightly."

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I am talking about full power Orochimaru. That being him without all the seals and still having his arms. He was keeping up with Tsunade while completely unable to use jutsu in the beginning of the series. He was fighting par on par with 4 tail chakra cloak Naruto (And one tail was enough to finish Jiraiya off.) Sasuke only absorbed him when he did because his soul was rejecting the body and he was on his deathbed. He is also the one who killed Hiruzen.

A might do okay, but A is so stupid I think he could beat him with pure intelligence.

Oonoki and Gaara would win.

Mei just sucks all around.

You also need to take into account that Orochimaru is said to have mastered over 1000 jutsu.

o_O the sheer inaccurate stuff I'm reading is mind-boggling.

1. Its called plot power as Tsunade was left useless with blood on her face and Jiraiya was drugged so Oro would even stand a chance.

2. 4 tails Naruto gave Jiraiya the scar. >.>^ Which shows that Jiraiya was able to subdue Naruto even in 4 tails and got a scar as a result while Oro had to run tail and hide after Bijuudama.

3. Hiruzen had to fight the 1st and 2nd Hokage and then used a suicide jutsu to try and kill Oro. He nearly succeeded if not for the poison Oro put inside him with the Kusanagi sword.

4. A is commander of the Shinobi alliance, he wouldn't be the leader if he was a dumbass. You are grasping at straws here.

5. Mei does suck because Kishimoto can't seem to give females a good battle. But her dual element style would destroy Orochimaru in straight up ninjutsu battle.

6. I think you are mixing up Kakashi with Orochimaru as it is specifically said that Kakashi was the one with over 1000 jutsus. We all know how terrible Kishimoto is with numbers.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
1. Its called plot power as Tsunade was left useless with blood on her face and Jiraiya was drugged so Oro would even stand a chance.

And again Oro had no arms or jutsu. He wouldn't even have had Manda if it wasn't for Kabuto. I don't know in what world you could ever think Tsunade>Orochimaru, all plothax aside.

2. 4 tails Naruto gave Jiraiya the scar. >.>^ Which shows that Jiraiya was able to subdue Naruto even in 4 tails and got a scar as a result while Oro had to run tail and hide after Bijuudama.

Yeah after nearly dying. Orochimaru held his own while toying with him. Albeit Jiraiya is pretty good. I did think Orochimaru and Jiraiya were pretty close in skill level, as they both had summons, and Orochimaru had pre-mature sage mode.

3. Hiruzen had to fight the 1st and 2nd Hokage and then used a suicide jutsu to try and kill Oro. He nearly succeeded if not for the poison Oro put inside him with the Kusanagi sword.

So he won? Probably the only argument you could give here is Hiruzen's old age. Though he was still claimed to be a legendary ninja.

4. A is commander of the Shinobi alliance, he wouldn't be the leader if he was a dumbass. You are grasping at straws here.

He is powerful, not tactical. I mean if you even watch at the meetings he just acts like a spoiled brat and flips out over everything. Even if he isn't a complete idiot and is just angsty, he is still pretty intellectually inferior to Orochimaru, who is essentially the series's evil genius.

5. Mei does suck because Kishimoto can't seem to give females a good battle. But her dual element style would destroy Orochimaru in straight up ninjutsu battle.

Edo Tensei--->GG Mei. I doubt he'd even have to get near her.

6. I think you are mixing up Kakashi with Orochimaru as it is specifically said that Kakashi was the one with over 1000 jutsus. We all know how terrible Kishimoto is with numbers.

I may be, though I know for a fact Orochimaru desired immortality so he could master every jutsu. Even if he doesn't have 1000, there is still plenty of versatility under his belt to deal with most things.

Ambre

Power of Water
I do remember early on something that orochimaru was called the man who had mastered over a thousand justu. I think that number 1000 was used both to describe orochimaru and kakashi. It was also said that orochimaru was the person trying to master all the world's justu.
So he hass probably learned more than kakashi has copied. Just saying.

Lorde

I don't recall it being stated that Orochimaru had mastered 1,000 jutsu; I'm pretty sure that was only said about Kakashi. Be that as it may, I'm sure Orochimaru knows hundreds of jutsu. However, I don't think he's all-that strong. He seemed like a real threat during Part 1, but then again, so did a lot of characters. But since Part 2 started, we've been introduced to even stronger characters, and I think Orochimaru looks like a puppy compared to some of them.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
My two cents about the whole Orochimaru issue, Orochimaru was considered so powerful not because of raw strength, but because of his regeneration ability and knowledge. Orochimaru has outright showed that he could survive as nothing more then chakra.

Now about who he could beat, Jiraiya couldn't even stop Orochimaru when he already had Sage Mode and Tsunade literally has nothing to take him down. Same with Ee. Mei could actually pose a threat, but I doubt she'll last very long against his Yamato form.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
o_O the sheer inaccurate stuff I'm reading is mind-boggling.

I was going to reply to iFi Salamander but you pretty much covered nearly everything I was prepared to say. Orochimaru is powerful but I doubt he could beat all the Gokage. The third Hokage was old and it was said many times through that battle that his age had worn him down when he died, that was as big a handicap as Orochimaru's sealed arms. I'll give Salamander Tsunade, Orochimaru could probably beat her, but A? I doubt it. As you said A is the leader of the ninja army, he's also very powerful being able to match both Naruto and Sasuke in battle without collapsing in battle. Orochimaru nearly drained all his chakra when he fought Four-Tailed Naruto and if he didn't retreat with Kabuto he would have died. Orochimaru isn't even in current Sasuke's league or Naruto's for that matter and I can't even see him matching Killer Bee who's Raikage level himself, so Orochimaru really isn't a big threat to any nation right now because they have at least one person to stop him. He would need a cheap upgrade to keep up and I expect him to get one soon.

Edit: Gaara could possibly beat Orochimaru, but I think he would need backup. Same with Mei. Oonoki could probably beat him alone.

Last edited:

Lorde

Edit: Gaara could possibly beat Orochimaru, but I think he would need backup. Same with Mei. Oonoki could probably beat him alone.

I actually think Gaara's the weakest Kage in the alliance. I'm sure Onoki would be able to handle Orochimaru. He may be old, but his Dust Release technique is godly. Mei and Tsunade might have a chance at beating him in any other manga, but we all know how sexist Kishi is. And I'm sure A could beat Orochimaru with his hands tied behind his back.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
To be honest at this point Orochimaru might not even get a chance to fight anyone. He's had enough chances to get back into the game, maybe now he'll come to his senses and stay out of the action and live a lonely hermit's life of peace and die! Unless he's still obsessed with immortality.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Honestly, I just want the manga to have a satisfying ending. Probably see someone die since in Kishi's imagination it's impossible to let go of a character. It's almost annoying. A major ninja war with no deaths. Yea, of course. That makes perfect sense. The Kages are probably in a tricky situation. Probably Madara unleashed some monumental jutsu and out of his arrogance didn't stay to see if he actually disposed of them or not.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I actually think Gaara's the weakest Kage in the alliance. I'm sure Onoki would be able to handle Orochimaru. He may be old, but his Dust Release technique is godly. Mei and Tsunade might have a chance at beating him in any other manga, but we all know how sexist Kishi is. And I'm sure A could beat Orochimaru with his hands tied behind his back.
I don't know, Gaara's been made pretty Op since the war begin, taking out two Edo kages on his own and helping with several others. Maybe even before if you factor in him blocking Ee's kick and Sasuke's Enton. I would rank him just after Onoki.

And I don't see what Mei, Tsunade, or Ee could ever do to damage a giant eight headed snake made of chakra.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Mei could try melting it with her lava style, which I wish we could see more of. I wish we could see more of her fighting style in general. The power levels of the Kages constantly shift so it's rather difficult to say who's the strongest. Many, myself included, thought A was stronger then Tsunade, punch wise but Madara cleared it up that she is still stronger but slower. Gaara was called the weakest by most until he started getting some fights against the Edo Tensai Kages. What hurts Tsunade and Mei is they aren't getting fights that we get to see so it's difficult to know how powerful they are at times. How sexist.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Honestly, I just want the manga to have a satisfying ending. Probably see someone die since in Kishi's imagination it's impossible to let go of a character. It's almost annoying. A major ninja war with no deaths. Yea, of course. That makes perfect sense.
Jiraiya is probably the only situation where he truly let an important character die (and not come back to life or as an undead slave... yet), and I'm actually quite satisfied with how his death was handled. But you're right, other than that everyone evades death or returns somehow. But this fourth ninja world war is quite different from the ones in history... it's most of the world's shinobi vs. a few men and their army of Edo Tensei shinobi, plus so far it's only lasted about two days and one night if I'm not mistaken. So it's hard to compare this with previous wars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.