• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
That and now Kakashi was recon as having MS for 15~ years instead of awakening it during the time skip.
Well it's possible that he wasn't aware that he had the power yet, since he passed out.

Perhaps it's impossible for only one of the eyes to gain Mangekyou, either that or Obito and Kakashi getting MS at the same time was just supposed to be a deep and meaningful coincidence.

The Kiri ninjas also mention the Bloody Mist, which means that Madara must already have been in control of their village.
I wonder if Madara orchestrated this to some extent using his authority as Mizukage. And on another note, I wonder if this event will soon lead to Obito becoming the true Mizukage, since Kisame recognized him a while back. But I guess we still need to figure out how Tobi and/or Madara were able to do all the things they've done at the times they've done them.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well it's possible that he wasn't aware that he had the power yet, since he passed out.

Perhaps it's impossible for only one of the eyes to gain Mangekyou, either that or Obito and Kakashi getting MS at the same time was just supposed to be a deep and meaningful coincidence.
It was stated last issue that both eyes gain in power when near each other. Thus because Kakashi killed a close friend, Obito was able to awaken the MS (or it could be because Obito witnessed such death) which in term allowed Kakashi to do the same

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
- So we start off with the deathly blow again. Kakashi looks sullen, so we know it's him.
- That close-up of Obito is drawn horribly.
- Oh, I get it now. So we essentially have an explanation. Kiri wants Rin for some reason, so Kakashi kills her so that they don't accomplish their goal.
- MS formation.
- Okay, I guess I'll look at a massacre.
- This is really brutal.
- Ha, I love the page with the branches surrounding the moon. I didn't even notice the bodies at first.
- This will definitely be censored to hell. So much blood.
- Uhh, where's Kakashi's body?

Not sure how I feel about this chapter. It answered some more questions, which I liked. I suppose I disliked the fight scene because I couldn't follow it. It will probably be better animated. I also didn't like Zetsu's weird cheering, but it seems like he's reacting to Obito angrily using his power.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Obito freaking out at Rin's death was wow! I didn't know he had it in him. It's kinda funny in a dark sort of way that he killed everyone minus the guy that actually killed Rin. I figured this was how Kakashi got his M-Sharingan. How else? This was a pretty good chapter I guess. Not a lot of talking just violence, blood and a dead Rin. From the sounds of things Rin was probably under some spell by the enemy and was going to spill Konoha's secrets maybe? Or maybe she really was a spy, or maybe she stole something from the enemy and they wanted it back and she like, I don't know swallowed it. That doesn't explain Kakashi chidoring her though, since a simple stomach pump no justu would do. We'll find out soon enough but it's to bad for Obito. He watched his world die before him. Poor guy. I would say Edo Tensei her but I'm sure there's something in the way of that simple outcome. Good chapter.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
We knew Obito had Mokuton from two chapters ago. And we know that a deep feeling of loss activates the Mangekyou Sharingan. Stuff covered in chapters ages ago.

... I really wonder sometimes how people explain away inconsistencies using terrible logic.

Obito had Mokuton from 2 chapter ago, so what? Suddenly he can grow plants from his body parts instantly to spear through enemies? I can attribute that to emotional shonen power-up/breakdown.

But the Mangekyo Sharingan teleportation is something else. Overusage with no practice and just unlocking it as well.

Also in my original post I stated the random jump in power because Obito has 2 of the most powerful bloodline abilities in one chapter thanks to Rin's death.

Which reminds me Rin, screw you for dying and getting captured in the original Kakashi Gaiden. Naruto should blame you for causing Obito to go mad and ended up releasing Kyuubi, causing his parents death and a whole bunch of other junk.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master

That's one thing, but to go through a decade and not know seems crazy. Both Sasuke and Obito showed using their Ms was instinctual. I'm finding it hard to believe that Kakashi never got close to losing a fight, especially considering his battle record.

I wonder if Madara orchestrated this to some extent using his authority as Mizukage. And on another note, I wonder if this event will soon lead to Obito becoming the true Mizukage, since Kisame recognized him a while back. But I guess we still need to figure out how Tobi and/or Madara were able to do all the things they've done at the times they've done them.
I'm thinking it was Black Zetsu, who has been oddly absent. As for the Mizukage thing, I still can't see how that'll work when it should have happen before this point in time.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
... I really wonder sometimes how people explain away inconsistencies using terrible logic.

Obito had Mokuton from 2 chapter ago, so what? Suddenly he can grow plants from his body parts instantly to spear through enemies? I can attribute that to emotional shonen power-up/breakdown.

Terrible logic? Hardly. We don't know the extent to which he learned to use Mokuton. We knew he had Mokuton because he was making branches out of his hands.

But the Mangekyo Sharingan teleportation is something else. Overusage with no practice and just unlocking it as well.

It was one eye though. One eye = less Chakra drain I'm assuming. As for him using Kamui, I didn't really see him use it much this chapter. A few times to evade and that's about it.

Also in my original post I stated the random jump in power because Obito has 2 of the most powerful bloodline abilities in one chapter thanks to Rin's death.

Well he had Mokuton because of Madara. He USED it because of Rin. And I blame Kakashi for all this madness going on. He killed Rin when he said he'd protect her. what a dick.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
That's one thing, but to go through a decade and not know seems crazy. Both Sasuke and Obito showed using their Ms was instinctual. I'm finding it hard to believe that Kakashi never got close to losing a fight, especially considering his battle record.

I'm thinking it was Black Zetsu, who has been oddly absent. As for the Mizukage thing, I still can't see how that'll work when it should have happen before this point in time.

Dont'cha know?

Rin is the REAL enemy in 'Naruto'

DarkSpace2012

And, as if by magic~
Terrible logic? Hardly. We don't know the extent to which he learned to use Mokuton. We knew he had Mokuton because he was making branches out of his hands.

It was one eye though. One eye = less Chakra drain I'm assuming. As for him using Kamui, I didn't really see him use it much this chapter. A few times to evade and that's about it.

Well he had Mokuton because of Madara. He USED it because of Rin. And I blame Kakashi for all this madness going on. He killed Rin when he said he'd protect her. what a dick.

Now now SD, we don't know why he killed her yet, although I'm gonna safely assume it was to get the Mangekyou

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Now now SD, we don't know why he killed her yet, although I'm gonna safely assume it was to get the Mangekyou
I doubt it... that completely goes against Kakashi's character. Especially since he has no need for the MS.

By the way, did anyone else notice that Kakashi is still wearing the same garments (or at least mask) that he wore in the Kannabi bridge mission? It has the little tear at the bottom of his scar... you'd think he'd have access to replacements. Lol.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
So Kakashi actually got his Mangekyou before the series even began? (I thought he got it sometime during the timeskip before Shippuden)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

No... I think it's obvious that the Kiri ninja wanted Rin for some unknown reason and Kakashi killed her so they couldn't have her. It's kind of like Kisame's backstory, where he killed all of his comrades in that one mission so that they would never be captured and reveal their secrets.

So Kakashi actually got his Mangekyou before the series even began? (I thought he got it sometime during the timeskip before Shippuden)

Yeah, weird. I guess Kakashi couldn't have known in this chapter.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
It's the miracle of Retconning.

Can't be a retcon since it was never stated when he got it. Everyone just assumed it happened during the timeskip. It's probably just like Sasuke's situation with his Sharingan. He activated but forgot about it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Can't be a retcon since it was never stated when he got it. Everyone just assumed it happened during the timeskip. It's probably just like Sasuke's situation with his Sharingan. He activated but forgot about it.
Kakashi mentioned gaining a new technique over the time skip during his meeting with team Seven at the start of Part Two and later spoke to Naruto about his "new" Sharingan against Deidara. So while it wasn't stated, it was clearly implied to be recently gained, not some decade old secret.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Kakashi mentioned gaining a new technique over the time skip during his meeting with team Seven at the start of Part Two and later spoke to Naruto about his "new" Sharingan against Deidara. So while it wasn't stated, it was clearly implied to be recently gained, not some decade old secret.

It's not a secret. If you don't remember it, how can it be a secret? It's obvious the trauma and Chakra drain made Kakashi pass out and forget about the Mangekyou Sharingan. Then during the timeskip he somehow regained the knowledge of it, therefore it would be new to Kakashi. Just as when Sasuke thought he first activated his Sharingan against Haku.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Maybe it's the fact that there are so many chapters going on I can't remember but I don't recall Sasuke using Sharingan before the Haku fight. Was it in a flashback chapter?

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Against Orochimaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.