• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If you mean that he'll create "Pains" like Nagato made, then no, I don't think he will. It doesn't sound like something he'd do in my opinion.

Nagato could still use the powers of the individual pains, even without the extra bodies. He proved this when he was revived by Kabuto.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sasuke might be able to use all the powers of the Pain dolls. In addition to all the hax powers of MS it makes Sasuke almost as broken as Trolldara.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nagato could still use the powers of the individual pains, even without the extra bodies. He proved this when he was revived by Kabuto.

I know. I'm talking about the various "path" bodies though, which would be redundant in my opinion. I hope Sasuke uses several chakra natures against Madara instead anyway.

Lorde

I just want her to get some powerup just to shut up the annoying people calling her useless.

If she gets some random last minute power up, I doubt it'll change anything. Kishi always neglects her potential, so I'm not expecting anything from her sadly. :c

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Sakura getting a powerup this late in the game won't change anything at all really. Compared to Naruto and Sasuke, everyone and everything is pointless now. They are the Gods of the shinobi world now. So whatever Sakura does will not compare. No matter what Obito asks/makes her do.

Nodame

Misty <3
Sakura getting a powerup this late in the game won't change anything at all really. Compared to Naruto and Sasuke, everyone and everything is pointless now. They are the Gods of the shinobi world now. So whatever Sakura does will not compare. No matter what Obito asks/makes her do.
Umm it's because Naruto and Sasuke are the main characters. No to mention, Sakura doesn't come from a prestigious clan or have a demon fox or sharingan in her which makes them stronger than most. Naruto and Sasuke are Fighter character types. Sakura is a Healer character type. Different character types entirely.

Last edited:

Lorde

Umm it's because Naruto and Sasuke are the main characters. Sakura doesn't come from a prestigious clan or have a demon fox or sharingan in her which makes them stronger than most. Naruto and Sasuke are Fighter character types. Sakura is a Healer character type. Different character types entirely.

I think that's the point; she's not as gifted as her teammates. So if she got a power up now, it would seem a bit cheap given the she's never showcased any extraordinary abilities like Naruto or Sasuke before.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think that's the point; she's not as gifted as her teammates. So if she got a power up now, it would seem a bit cheap given the she's never showcased any extraordinary abilities like Naruto or Sasuke before.

This. This is basically what I was getting at. Sakura isn't special so her getting a upgrade is not needed. It won't help at all. Sakura is a main character too, but clearly not a important one. Sakura could be killed off and the storyline wouldn't be hurt at all. Even old Kakashi is more important to the plot then poor Sakura. Kakashi at least had the Obito storyline.

There is no upgrade that can help Sakura be useful in this Madara fight, unless she can spam a healing power that is Wolverine worthy, and even that's just playing support. So Sakura...while I feel got heavily cheated in the series, doesn't need a upgrade. Upgrading anyone who isn't Naruto or Sasuke is pointless now because they are the only two that matter. Everyone else is expendable.

Edit: When I was complaining about Sakura's lack of upgrade I was mostly making fun of how Kishi treats Sakura, the leading lady of the Naruto series, so poorly compared to her teammates. If written better I would have loved for Sakura to be right there with her teammates.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3

I think it's awesome for a normal fighter like Sakura to acheive all of that without relying on a special ability like her teammates.

I don't think its cheap lol. She's the disciple of a Sannin who's the 5th Hokage. Plus, these latest chapters speaks volume about her power and what she can do. Sakura seems that she has more in store regarding power in the upcoming chapters. We'll see :)

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

This. This is basically what I was getting at. Sakura isn't special so her getting a upgrade is not needed. It won't help at all. Sakura is a main character too, but clearly not a important one. Sakura could be killed off and the storyline wouldn't be hurt at all. Even old Kakashi is more important to the plot the poor Sakura. Kakashi at least had the Obito storyline.

There is no upgrade that can help Sakura be useful in this Madara fight, unless she can spam a healing power that is Wolverine worthy, and even that's just playing support. So Sakura...while I feel got heavily cheated in the series, doesn't need a upgrade. Upgrading anyone who isn't Naruto or Sasuke is pointless now because they are the only two that matter. Everyone else is extendable.

Edit: When I was complaining about Sakura's lack of upgrade I was mostly making fun of how Kishi treats Sakura, the leading lady of the Naruto series, so poorly compared to her teammates. If written better I would have loved for Sakura to be right there with her teammates.

You know, it kind of makes you think that the series would be better off as a whole with Hinata as a member of Team 7 instead of Sakura. Kishi was saying something about using Sakura to compare how strong Naruto and Sasuke are compared to the average ninja, but no one really cares about that comparison (or most of the slapstick from her, for that matter). Truth be told, she could've been completely written out of most of the major arcs, and there would've been no substantial difference in what happened in the story. The only time she really had relevance as a member of Team 7 was during the Kazekage Rescue Arc, but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison. Sakura could've been made a member of a different team altogether, and she would've done very well as a side character. With the lack of appearances, the slapstick would be more enjoyable due to the lack of overuse and her role in the story would've been more respectable because there wouldn't be as much flab surrounding it (there's only so often that you can remind the audience that she loves Sasuke and is annoyed by Naruto before it wears on the nerves).

As for Hinata, it was already made clear in Part I that the Gentle Fist can also be used to improve chakra flow throughout the body. The Hyuuga clan seems to be more focused on combat, so maybe they could've had Hinata become a medic in order to break ground (kind of like in the anime). Imagine if they had Hinata be a founder of Gentle Fist acupressure as a means of accelerating the healing process. It would give the Hyuugas in general (especially the weaker ones) more purpose and Hinata's role as part of the main cast would help us all remember that the Byakugan is a thing.

-Raiga-

Eh, maybe that's a good idea in retrospect, but the bottom line is its just lazy writing, which ironically started to take off right about after the Kazekage arc.

Sakura was written perfectly up until that point, there's absolutely no reason Kishi couldn't continue that. But obviously no matter what female was in the position they would've been made to look bad eventually.

Nodame

Misty <3
You know, it kind of makes you think that the series would be better off as a whole with Hinata as a member of Team 7 instead of Sakura. Kishi was saying something about using Sakura to compare how strong Naruto and Sasuke are compared to the average ninja, but no one really cares about that comparison (or most of the slapstick from her, for that matter). Truth be told, she could've been completely written out of most of the major arcs, and there would've been no substantial difference in what happened in the story. The only time she really had relevance as a member of Team 7 was during the Kazekage Rescue Arc, but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison. Sakura could've been made a member of a different team altogether, and she would've done very well as a side character. With the lack of appearances, the slapstick would be more enjoyable due to the lack of overuse and her role in the story would've been more respectable because there wouldn't be as much flab surrounding it (there's only so often that you can remind the audience that she loves Sasuke and is annoyed by Naruto before it wears on the nerves).

As for Hinata, it was already made clear in Part I that the Gentle Fist can also be used to improve chakra flow throughout the body. The Hyuuga clan seems to be more focused on combat, so maybe they could've had Hinata become a medic in order to break ground (kind of like in the anime). Imagine if they had Hinata be a founder of Gentle Fist acupressure as a means of accelerating the healing process. It would give the Hyuugas in general (especially the weaker ones) more purpose and Hinata's role as part of the main cast would help us all remember that the Byakugan is a thing.

Tsunderes are perfect fit for the heroine spot imo and she gives a different dynamic to team 7 because of her personality. She doesn't have to be all powerful Mary sue to be considered a perfect heroine. Sakura is a healer and yet people expect her to have more screen time fighting and developing even though her role lies in support. This is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Tsunderes are perfect fit for the heroine spot imo and she gives a different dynamic to team 7 because of her personality. She doesn't have to be all powerful Mary sue to be considered a perfect heroine. Sakura is a healer and yet people expect her to have more screen time fighting and developing even though her role lies in support. This is just my opinion.

Really? I thought Sakura's dynamic with team seven was quite predictable. Female lead beats up main character boy, likes a cool jerk, and slowly might develop feelings for the idiot main character. Anime plays that card all the time. It was only in part 2 that Sakura's dynamic truly changed and became something worth taking notice. I didn't have a problem with Sakura as the female lead, which says a lot because I normally don't like tsundere characters. They are loud, obnoxious, overrated, and cliched. But Sakura, IMO, managed to avoid pretty much all the bad tsundere traits. So I would not have traded her for Hinata. Sakura's problem is she has no plot to the storyline anymore and of team seven is the most expendable, even to Kakashi. The storyline they teased with Sakura at the end of part 1 was just that. A tease. Sakura had a lot of potential and none of it was reached. She is highly underrated too.

Nodame

Misty <3
Sakura's problem is she has no plot to the storyline anymore and of team seven is the most expendable, even to Kakashi. The storyline they teased with Sakura at the end of part 1 was just that. A tease. Sakura had a lot of potential and none of it was reached. She is highly underrated too.
I won't deny that I get irritated with Kishi's lack of focus on Sakura -.- but then again I wouldn't say she has no plot to the story. That's harsh. The team 7 bond is the main structure for this series and Sakura is a part of it :)

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
When I saw the spoilers I though when Madara launched his storm move I was thinking about this is going to be shooking

but really, they could've just had Chiyo be a better medic that was much more prepared for Sasori's poison.

You know, even if Chiyo was a better Medical Ninja, she still wouldn't have been able to defeat Hiruko. She told Sakura that she didn't have the strength to that.

And Sakura may not be as interesting as Naruto and Sasuke because she isn't a Jinchuriki nor does she has a visual powers, but out of Konoha 11, she's the second/third strongest according to the 3rd databook tied with Naruto (this is before he got to handle Kurama, when the fourth is released his stats will be higher) and Neji, but he's dead. :/ The only thing Hinata has over her is the Byakugan. :/

Last edited:

Lorde

You know, even if Chiyo was a better Medical Ninja, she still wouldn't have been able to defeat Hiruko. She told Sakura that she didn't have the strength to that.

And Sakura may not be as interesting as Naruto and Sasuke because she isn't a Jinchuriki nor does she has an visual powers, but out of Konoha 11, she's the third strongest according to that databook. The only thing Hinata has over her is the Byakugan. :/

I agree that Sakura's accomplishments while fighting Sasori were impressive. Even with Chiyo's help, Sakura was the one who did the most damage. She was great then.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I agree that Sakura's accomplishments while fighting Sasori were impressive. Even with Chiyo's help, Sakura was the one who did the most damage. She was great then.

It's too bad Sakura didn't beat Sasori alone...or at all really. Without Chiyo using her as a puppet, Sasori would have killed Sakura with his opening dart attack. At least she destroyed his Kazekage puppet by herself.

As for Sasori's puppets, it seems medical ninjas are his achilles heel. Kabuto managed to cut off the puppet head of Sasori's doll as well when Yamato used it. These medical shinobi are quite something. I wish we'd got to see more of what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.