• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's too bad Sakura didn't beat Sasori alone...or at all really. Without Chiyo using her as a puppet, Sasori would have killed Sakura with his opening dart attack. At least she destroyed his Kazekage puppet by herself.

As for Sasori's puppets, it seems medical ninjas are his achilles heel. Kabuto managed to cut off the puppet head of Sasori's doll as well when Yamato used it. These medical shinobi are quite something. I wish we'd got to see more of what they can do.

I still give Sakura credit though. She did very well against an Akatsuki member who was apparently stronger than Deidara (whom Sasuke struggled against). And the Kabuto thing doesn't count in my opinion given that Yamato was merely playing the part of Sasori and his reflexes weren't the same as the real one's.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I still give Sakura credit though. She did very well against an Akatsuki member who was apparently stronger than Deidara (whom Sasuke struggled against). And the Kabuto thing doesn't count in my opinion given that Yamato was merely playing the part of Sasori and his reflexes weren't the same as the real one's.

Well yeah Sasuke struggled against Deidara. He was alone and wasn't all powerful like he is right now. No MS to spam. And I didn't mean the reflexes, I mean the sheer power needed to break Sasori's puppets. Chiyo herself said she couldn't break them, so obviously these things don't break easy, regardless who is using them. It does take force to break them and Kabuto apparently is strong enough to break one. At least the head.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Wow. It amazes me how much people grasp at straws when trying to defend Sakura's character in this series. The fact that her claim to fame is something that happened 100+ chapters ago should really give you a hint as to how badly this character is written.

Well, to be fair, nearly every female charter in this series is written horribly besides Otohime who's basically god. But even then, that's not a character, it's basically a job description. I don't think Kishimoto hates women, but he does seem to have some sort of problem with them as almost all of his female characters either hug the sidelines wimpering about one of the males in the series, or they get a "Crowning Moment of Awesome" that is immediately invalidated by their male character counterparts.

Sakura gets this supposed super powerful upgrade that put supposedly puts her on the same level as Tsunade and allow her to stand on equal footing with Naruto and Sasuke, and what happens? The inventor of ninjutsu comes from out of nowhere and basically hands Naruto and Sasuke the ability to use every conceivable technique in the whole series? So Sakura is immediately back to where Kishimoto likes, sitting on the sidelines wimpering and thinking about Naruto or Sasuke, gawking at them displaying the ability of gods.

The thing is, in a series about a series that's mostly about fighting, healers will never take center stage nor will they be impressive in the slightest. If all a character has going for them is "healing super well and punching really ****ing hard" they will inevitably be pushed to the wayside for characters that can literally bend the elements to their will like a kid in a sandbox. So not only is Sakura screwed from a gender standpoint, she also is limited by the role she's supposed to play in her series, one that demands that you basically wait on the sidelines for all the big guns to get injured and heal them so they can go back out there to save the day. And no matter how much you try to hype it, that's just not exciting. Any exploits done by healer's are just not impressive at all.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow. It amazes me how much people grasp at straws when trying to defend Sakura's character in this series. The fact that her claim to fame is something that happened 100+ chapters ago should really give you a hint as to how badly this character is written.

Well, to be fair, nearly every female charter in this series is written horribly besides Otohime who's basically god. But even then, that's not a character, it's basically a job description. I don't think Kishimoto hates women, but he does seem to have some sort of problem with them as almost all of his female characters either hug the sidelines wimpering about one of the males in the series, or they get a "Crowning Moment of Awesome" that is immediately invalidated by their male character counterparts.

Sakura gets this supposed super powerful upgrade that put supposedly puts her on the same level as Tsunade and allow her to stand on equal footing with Naruto and Sasuke, and what happens? The inventor of ninjutsu comes from out of nowhere and basically hands Naruto and Sasuke the ability to use every conceivable technique in the whole series? So Sakura is immediately back to where Kishimoto likes, sitting on the sidelines wimpering and thinking about Naruto or Sasuke, gawking at them displaying the ability of gods.

The thing is, in a series about a series that's mostly about fighting, healers will never take center stage nor will they be impressive in the slightest. If all a character has going for them is "healing super well and punching really ****ing hard" they will inevitably be pushed to the wayside for characters that can literally bend the elements to their will like a kid in a sandbox. So not only is Sakura screwed from a gender standpoint, she also is limited by the role she's supposed to play in her series, one that demands that you basically wait on the sidelines for all the big guns to get injured and heal them so they can go back out there to save the day. And no matter how much you try to hype it, that's just not exciting. Any exploits done by healer's are just not impressive at all.

Even with her Tsunade upgrade, I did not consider Sakura on equal footing with Naruto or Sasuke. Those two surpassed their Sannin ages ago and that was before they got their godly Six Path powers. It just felt like Kishimoto was trying to give the fans a Team Seven moment before the series ended and Sakura needed a upgrade so Tsunade junior it is. Too bad Tsunade's not nearly as powerful as she was hyped in part 1...actually even in part 1 I never got the feeling Tsunade was a game changer.

As far as the females go, that's pretty much true. There's not one female I can think of in Naruto that is truly a breakout character. The only one who is probably equally even with her teammates is Ino Yamanaka. She was the unofficial leader of her group before Shikamaru became a Chunin, and she never fell behind her teammates during the series. Everyone else either falls behind or gets captured a lot. I always chuckle during the Pain flashback when Konan has been captured by the enemy to force Yahiko and Nagato to surrender. Konan, the coldest female ninja in Naruto, yeah that's the female leads role in Naruto.

Another complaint I have about the girls is half their backstories aren't even explained. Do we know anything about Sakura's family the Haruno clan? Do we know anything about Tenten's? Did they even mention Rin Nohara's clan? Even the smallest of things the females don't get. I guess it's pointless to complain about that now.

Last edited:

Lorde

I'm personally not a Sakura fan; I merely thought that her battle against Sasori was interesting and was one of the few well-written fights of early Part 2 in my opinion. At least she was active for once and did something that showcased her talents. :x

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character. Nothing recent, just a fight that happened 100+ chapters ago in the very beginning of Shippuden. What has she done lately of note? Not talking about healing someone really good, what has she done fightwise? Who has she beaten or at least posed a threat to? Because right now, the two people she supposedly was supposed to be on equal ground with and who she vowed she wouldn't let them constantly stay ahead of her are now fighting toe-to-toe with essentially a god of this series while she is once again watching from the bleachers.

Unless Kishimoto has her fight Obito-Zetsu, which even won't register as a blip on the radar since Naruto beat him at his strongest so whatever Sakura does won't be nearly as impressive. Also, since he will probably will be fighting with the intention to die, it will cheapen her win because Kishimoto is writing a fight in which the reader can clearly see she is meant to win, so it takes all of the stakes away, while Naruto fought him with the possiblity of the world as he knows it ending should he lose. It's the same reason I don't put any stock into Sasuke's win over Itachi. Not only was Itachi already dying, but it was also a fight he was never meant to win in the first place. Itachi's entire character eventually became his desire to see himself die at the hands of little brother. So how could I realistically say at the time that Sasuke was stronger, when the entire time Itachi was written with a handicap?

Last edited:

Lorde

And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character.

If this is a passive aggressive dig at my post from yesterday, I'll clarify: I never said that Sakura was stronger than Sasuke nor did I mean to imply that. But God forbid should someone have one good thing to say about Sakura or female characters in general in this series.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Not saying you. Its just a common occurrence when this topic comes up.

And until we get a famale charter that can match the likes of the Sasuke's and Naruto's of the world, or the Jiraya's and the Orochimaru's or even Kakashi, there isn't much you can say about any of them other than "Yes, they were in fact drawn on this page"

And yet that's everyone's go to moment, or really the only moment that people bring up when trying to defend her, while also simultaneously trying to bring down Sasuke's character by saying that because Sasaori was deemed stronger than Deidara and Sasuke struggled in beating him, it somehow makes Sakura the stronger character. Nothing recent, just a fight that happened 100+ chapters ago in the very beginning of Shippuden. What has she done lately of note? Not talking about healing someone really good, what has she done fightwise? Who has she beaten or at least posed a threat to? Because right now, the two people she supposedly was supposed to be on equal ground with and who she vowed she wouldn't let them constantly stay ahead of her are now fighting toe-to-toe with essentially a god of this series while she is once again watching from the bleachers.
That's not even bringing down Sasuke's character, the difference is Sakura was prepared to fight Sasori with antidotes she had made, Sasuke knew nothing about Deidara. No one's bringing him down, if anything, you're trying to make it seem as if people and when they're really not.
Unless Kishimoto has her fight Obito-Zetsu, which even won't register as a blip on the radar since Naruto beat him at his strongest so whatever Sakura does won't be nearly as impressive. Also, since he will probably will be fighting with the intention to die, it will cheapen her win because Kishimoto is writing a fight in which the reader can clearly see she is meant to win, so it takes all of the stakes away, while Naruto fought him with the possiblity of the world as he knows it ending should he lose. It's the same reason I don't put any stock into Sasuke's win over Itachi. Not only was Itachi already dying, but it was also a fight he was never meant to win in the first place. Itachi's entire character eventually became his desire to see himself die at the hands of little brother. So how could I realistically say at the time that Sasuke was stronger, when the entire time Itachi was written with a handicap?

Please explain why would Sakura and Obito fight after he just saved Naruto? It would be pointless for that to happen, and I doubt Kishi would allow Sakura to fight Obito at this point after his resolve.

Nodame

Misty <3

Fans also must consider that a shounen manga will always place its male characters at the forefront and girls will still remain the damsels. Sakura is a very strong willed, and powerful Kunoichi. She may not be the best but she works hard and does outstanding for a girl with no bloodline, or any special attachment that helps her do better, or obtain jutsu. She had to work very hard to get where she was today. I don't think inhuman strength, medical jutsu, killer analytical skills that can predict the moves of an s-class criminal and elite Akatsuki member, and high intelligence counts as useless.

Granted, it's been a long time since she's had a huge battle, but what did you expect? This is a shounen manga and all female characters take the backseat or act as supporting roles while the male characters get most of the screentime. This even includes the heroine, as sad as that seems.

She’s a loveable, realistic and a funny character throughout the whole entire series IMO. There’s so much more to her character then you know. She's not perfect, but those annoying imperfections are what's supposed to make her endearing.

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

Lorde

This chapter bored me to be honest. The fight scenes were hard to follow, although the new jutsu were cool. Madara's limbo technique seemed too hax and him taking Kakashi's eye seemed rather sudden. At least we know what Obito wanted Sakura to do.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Only thing I have to say is that Sakura is screwed please kill her Madara. Unless Sasuke can instantally learn Kamui or Naruto does some Jesus healing jutsu to restore Kakashi's eye, there is no other way for Sasuke or Naruto to come after Madara.

Nodame

Misty <3
~That was pretty cool, but it was also pretty confusing. The whole shadow Madara was hard to follow, at least I thought it was. By the way, are we to assume that Indra's spirit split between Madara and Sasuke? :x
~ Madara ripping out Kakashi's eye and on the verge of killing Sakura was a great cliffhanger, but its safe to assume that Obito will take the strike for queen Sakura.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
There is one thing that bothered me...Is Madara a medical ninja or some sorts? Because the guy literally ripped out Kakashi's eye and just popped it in like a contact.

Forgot to add that earlier

nuzamaki90

There is one thing that bothered me...Is Madara a medical ninja or some sorts? Because the guy literally ripped out Kakashi's eye and just popped it in like a contact.

Forgot to add that earlier

He's got Hashirama's cells so I'm guessing that's why he did so. Recovery + Instaheal = Madara can now use Kamui

Kazuki Mirai

...Yes, Madara. Throw that Distortion Blade at Sakura. You pretty much gave Obito the means to destroy that Rinnegan now by doing so. Good job. XP

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
This chapter was actually very enjoyable for me. Sasuke's Rinnegan was nice. I ranted about Rinnegan being a Uchiha tool long enough and I knew this was coming so let's just dive right in. I did enjoy Sasuke's Rinnegan power. It didn't make him as broken as I thought it would, but this is just the first chapter with him using it. Naruto and Sasuke together again. Just like in part 1 with Sasuke barking out the orders, making up the plans, and using Naruto as a tool to achieve Team 7 victory. Hmm, maybe Sasuke should run for Hokage. Even Trolldara's drooling over Sasuke wanting him as a pawn over Failbito. Well Trolldara you'll have to fight Orochimaru over who owns Sasuke. The snake loved him first. The chapter's ending was very unexpected. Kakashi getting his Sharingan stolen in seconds. That sucks for ole Kakashi. He did such a good job holding and protecting that eye all these years and loses it in the blink of an eye. Pardon the pun, fellow Serebi friends.

I did like how Sasuke and Naruto tried to stop him but were too late and now Trolldara trolls everyone and goes to Kamui land to kill Sakura and probably try and take Obito's Rinnegan. Well I see many outcomes of this happening. Naruto and Sasuke probably can defy reality and warp their to stop Trolldara. Sakura manages to hold off Trolldara. Or Obito gives his final act of redemption and saves Sakura. If Sakura is a Tsunade junior then she can't die easily so I don't know why we should even be worried. This to me looks like Obito's last chance to be a hero. Go out in a blaze Obito! Go out in a blaze a save a girl who is not Rin. So overall nice chapter. Looking forward to next weeks.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.