• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodame

Misty <3
Hmm? I suppose this is a fair question. While I utterly detest this Fourth Shinobi War arc, I don't hate the series in general. I invested too much to quit now. True, all of my favorite characters are either dead, been dead since the start, recently died, ruined by a stupid twist or just on the sidelines getting very little screentime. But I am curious how the Naruto world ends up. I suppose I'm still loyal enough to follow and get the manga volumes when I am able. This has just been a bad few years for Naruto simply because the War arc which should have been something epic has turned out to be mediocre and poorly planned, IMO.

Edit: Lorde, that is what is going to happen. Naruto's going to gather followers that end the way of Ninjas.
LOL understandable :)

Wait a second. How was Madara able to travel to find Rin and manipulate the Mist shinobi along with giving a newborn Nagato his Rinnegan? I mean wasn't he bound by the Gedo Mazo or something?
Good question. I don't know tbh lol. I found it ironic how both Rin and Obito used Kakashi to get around the restrictions placed on them because of the seal. And with Obito knowing the truth of Rin's death, his character most likely went full circle. :x

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
LOL understandable :)

Goog question. I don't know tbh lol. I found it ironic how both Rin and Obito used Kakashi to get around the restrictions placed on them because of the seal. And with Obito knowing the truth of Rin's death, his character most likely went full circle. :x

Trollhara's in on it. I'm telling you. She's Trolldara's right hand...kunoichi. They've been planning this for ages.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well I liked it up until the flashback, which I think wasn't really needed.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Naruto straight up just gave Kakashi a new eye.

With a single touch.

I mean, I know he's the "Savior", but damn.

Maybe if it were better explained, I could take it.

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
Heck, even Naruto himself didn't know how to explain that.
Prolly the same way he stopped the 8Gates aftereffect from killing Gai.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Heck, even Naruto himself didn't know how to explain that.
Prolly the same way he stopped the 8Gates aftereffect from killing Gai.

Well he was just channeling Hagoromo's powers, so him not knowing how to explain them is understandable in my opinion since he just started using them.

Wait a second. How was Madara able to travel to find Rin and manipulate the Mist shinobi along with giving a newborn Nagato his Rinnegan? I mean wasn't he bound by the Gedo Mazo or something?

he probably had zetsu stick onto to him so he can survive, most likely used genjustu on rin nagato and the mist shinobi(or pulled a danzo and used manipulation on the mist)

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Finally back up to 1000 pages huh? I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I expect this kind of thing from Kubo. Come on Kishimoto. Do you really want people comparing your characters to Kubo's? Or has he hijacked your manga for the past few hundred chapters? Now we just have to figure out what Sasuke's moon represents and just what his Rinnegan can do.

even though i find sakura weak and worthless
who do u guys think she would be able to defeat from the akatsuki with current abilities?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
who do u guys think she would be able to defeat from the akatsuki with current abilities?

Maybe someone like Hidan and Sasori... But she would never have a chance against Itachi, Pain, Konan, Tobi, Deidara, etc...

Ironically, she was the first character who correctly guessed how Tobi's ability worked and yet she didn't get credit for her hypothesis.

technically wouldnt minato be the first character to find out how his ability worked, also she didnt figure it out since neither naruto or kakashi knew how to deal with it during their fight with him in the war

Lorde

also she didnt figure it out since neither naruto or kakashi knew how to deal with it during their fight with him in the war

She said that Tobi's ability likely allowed him to "erase" parts of his body to make attacks pass through him, which Kakashi parroted when he first fought Tobi during the war and he didn't bother citing Sakura for inspiring his theory.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Hidan maybe. Everyone else is to far above her. Having Hulk level strength is nice for like crowd control, but one-on-one matches, everyone can dodged a punch which is Sakura's only attack.

As far as Sakura being the first to guess how Fakedara's ability works, big deal. Minato not only figured out how they worked, but also created a counter for it all in the same fight. If Sakura had done that then we could have something to talk about. Poor Sakura. :(

Lorde

As far as Sakura being the first to guess how Fakedara's ability works, big deal. Minato not only figured out how they worked, but also created a counter for it all in the same fight. If Sakura had done that then we could have something to talk about. Poor Sakura. :(

Minato was a teleportation expert, so of course he managed to best Obito. I still think that Sakura's observational skills are somewhat impressive though. :x

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Minato didn't actually figure out how it worked, he only guessed the mechanics involved. The only other person to actually figure it out was Konan, and that took her years to learn. So Sakura really should have gotten credit, even if you did count Minato, that still puts her on the level of a genius Hokage...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Minato didn't actually figure out how it worked, he only guessed the mechanics involved. The only other person to actually figure it out was Konan, and that took her years to learn. So Sakura really should have gotten credit, even if you did count Minato, that still puts her on the level of a genius Hokage...

And what did Sakura do with her so called genius Hokage smarts to counter Fakedara? Nothing at all. Konan and Minato found ways to battle Fakedara/Obito, Sakura just commented on his abilities but could do nothing to stop him, or even fight him. She didn't even try to fight him. Figuring out how a ability works and figuring out how to counter abilities are two different things. Which is why I said if she had done something to counter his abilities like Minato and Konan did, then we'd have something to be impressed about.

Akashin

And what did Sakura do with her so called genius Hokage smarts to counter Fakedara? Nothing at all. Konan and Minato found ways to battle Fakedara/Obito, Sakura just commented on his abilities but could do nothing to stop him, or even fight him. She didn't even try to fight him. Figuring out how a ability works and figuring out how to counter abilities are two different things. Which is why I said if she had done something to counter his abilities like Minato and Konan did, then we'd have something to be impressed about.

That's being highly unfair. Konan had plenty of time to develop a counter, and Minato just so happened to already have a counter. Neither are comparable to Sakura; and yes, being smart enough to figure out the workings of a technique is a feat in and of itself. I don't see why her lacking the means to take advantage of that knowledge invalidates it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That's being highly unfair. Konan had plenty of time to develop a counter, and Minato just so happened to already have a counter. Neither are comparable to Sakura; and yes, being smart enough to figure out the workings of a technique is a feat in and of itself. I don't see why her lacking the means to take advantage of that knowledge invalidates it.

It's not a big accomplishment if you don't know how to defeat it. Honestly it's like you guys are trying to say Sakura should get credit for defeating Obito, when she didn't do a thing. Minato's really the only one to figure out and counter Obito during a fight on the spot. Yeah Sakura can get credit for guessing how the ability works, but that's it. It's nothing groundbreaking and who did it help? It doesn't suddenly put her on a higher level then she is right now. Lots of characters figure out how techniques work but have no means of stopping it.

Lorde

Agreed. Plus ultimately, Sakura didn't get a chance to fight Obito one-on-one to test her theory, so it's really unfair for her to be belittled when she never had a chance to prove herself against Kamui.

Status
Not open for further replies.