• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Road to Ninja was two years ago? I didn't even think it was a year ago. It looks like it involves a time-skip though so maybe the manga is ending before the end of the year.

I'm annoyed with Obito's death. I guess it's appropriate that he saved Kakashi and Naruto at once but he defied gravity when Naruto, Sasuke AND Kaguya couldn't. It doesn't make a lot of sense and if this is Kaguya trying then she's not that powerful.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The article I posted earlier said that the tenth movie will the be beginning of the "Naruto: new era opening project." Maybe there actually will be a part 3.

I read that it's the last Naruto movie, so I doubt a Part 3 is happening, especially since the manga has covered everything at this point. :x

I read that it's the last Naruto movie, so I doubt a Part 3 is happening, especially since the manga has covered everything at this point. :x
i think people are reading too much into the title "The Last: Naruto the Movie" i doubt it will be the last one just like DBZ, the companies that deal with naruto will not let it die after kishi is done with the manga and just milk it for every cent it has left. maybe we get to see the naruto and sasuke fight in the movie that we probably wont get in the manga

@red and blue the "new opening era project" is just the name of the 15 year anniversary celebration theyre gonna have for the manga

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I doubt they'll be a part 3. Nearly everything is complete. I don't know what will happen with Orochimaru though. His return feels downright pointless now. Even if he got a fight, there's nothing he could do to Naruto and Sasuke, even without their six paths powerups. So there's nothing beyond Kaguya. A Naruto vs Sasuke fight is unlikely to happen unless they fight over the Hokage seat. Which is dumb. The idea of Sasuke as Hokage still feels like a complete joke, where kishi's just going to jump out and say "gotcha!"

Lorde

Naruto vs. Sasuke still needs to happen, which is why I want this war arc over with already. I'd rather see those two fight again than see more of Kaguya's lameness.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
That was a strange chapter. Really didn't see why either Obito or Kakashi would have to sacrifice themselves when both Naruto and Sasuke had the means of saving themselves, using clones and Susanoo respectively. Let's not even get into the fact that she could have just dropped them in the acid realm and that would have likely killed them all off without her having to do anything. And Obito's obsession with Rin is still creepy.

First of all, Sasuke or one of team Baka presumed to have killed a cloud ninja named Jay who was tailing them after he kidnapped what they all thought was Killer Bee. So this whole, Sasuke never killed anyone before the summit thing, isn't true. That little rule of Sasuke's stopped after the Itachi fight. Sasuke capturing Killer Bee got the Gokage together because taking a Biju was a big deal and a crime as stated in the Gokage summit. The other Gokage just didn't want to admit it. Sasuke could have put Konoha at war with Raikage's nation. Also Sasuke told Obito/Fakedara he planned on killing everyone in Konoha. He was just saying he was going to kill the council in front of his teammates. His plan was always to kill everyone in Konoha. If you need proof then check out volume 44 and 45. Sasuke was a villain the minute he said he was going to kill Konoha, because that included the innocents as well. I don't know why you're trying to argue the point, but if you don't want to see it, then this is where the debate for me is probably ending. Just see volume 44 and 45.

Edit: Now to be fair, we really don't know if Sasuke and team Baka killed that cloud ninja, though it sure looked like he's dead. Maybe he's in a genjutsu and we just never see him again. I guess that minor characters fate is something up in the air. But whether or not Sasuke killed him or not, it doesn't change Sasuke's stance on being a villain at this point, because his goal is to kill a entire village, including women and children, Anakin Skywalker style.
First off, we never got any confirmation on Jay being killed or who did it, as oppose to literally seeing Sasuke go kill crazy at the summit to the point that Suigetsu called him out on it. Seems off for Sasuke to kill him when he had no problem hours before allowing that other Kumo ninja to live. Secondly, the summit was called not because a Bijuu was taken, but because someone who was actually cared for was taken. Ee wanted revenge for his brother, thus the complete lack of mention of Yugito and the sudden drop in concern about Sasuke once Kirabi was revealed to be alive. And Sasuke was already a declared missingnin, even before Danzo got into office. There wouldn't have been any chance of war had it not been for Naruto declaring Sasuke was still apart of the village. Third, I was mistaken, it was the chapter after the next (404), but when asked by Obito what he had planned, Sasuke stated taking out the top was it. It was then that Kisame mentioned that the rest of Konoha would shield them. I don't see why you think Sasuke was being more honest with Obito then his own teammates, especially given his actions up to and after that point. Aside from the aforementioned Kumo ninja, risking his life and saving his teammates while remembering his old team, and his attempt to escape Akatsuki, you would note how he decided to go after Danzo instead of a village full of weaken and easy targets. And I'm guessing by telling me to see volume 44 and 45 (which is hard given that I read online and thus there aren't any volumes) you mean chp 416? But even in that chapter, he wasn't automatically killing the innocent. He states that if someone opposes his belief, he would kill their family and then see how they felt about it then. Sure that's bad, but it's not anything new. Sasuke threw that same line of reasoning out at Kakashi back in Part One. It's a stance he already held, so unless you're saying he was a villain since that point, it would still be him being an anti-hero.

I would point out that Nagato, Obito, and Itachi are all currently seen as anti-heroes, despite both of them actually killing innocent people, including children. Not to mention the Bijuus. In a world where heroes willingly preform assassination, the death of innocents is a small factor in judging who's a villain or not. Danzo never killed anyone on-screen, and Madara is hazy, but it's clear they both are seen as villains.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That was a strange chapter. Really didn't see why either Obito or Kakashi would have to sacrifice themselves when both Naruto and Sasuke had the means of saving themselves, using clones and Susanoo respectively. Let's not even get into the fact that she could have just dropped them in the acid realm and that would have likely killed them all off without her having to do anything. And Obito's obsession with Rin is still creepy.

First off, we never got any confirmation on Jay being killed or who did it, as oppose to literally seeing Sasuke go kill crazy at the summit to the point that Suigetsu called him out on it. Seems off for Sasuke to kill him when he had no problem hours before allowing that other Kumo ninja to live. Secondly, the summit was called not because a Bijuu was taken, but because someone who was actually cared for was taken. Ee wanted revenge for his brother, thus the complete lack of mention of Yugito and the sudden drop in concern about Sasuke once Kirabi was revealed to be alive. And Sasuke was already a declared missingnin, even before Danzo got into office. There wouldn't have been any chance of war had it not been for Naruto declaring Sasuke was still apart of the village. Third, I was mistaken, it was the chapter after the next (404), but when asked by Obito what he had planned, Sasuke stated taking out the top was it. It was then that Kisame mentioned that the rest of Konoha would shield them. I don't see why you think Sasuke was being more honest with Obito then his own teammates, especially given his actions up to and after that point. Aside from the aforementioned Kumo ninja, risking his life and saving his teammates while remembering his old team, and his attempt to escape Akatsuki, you would note how he decided to go after Danzo instead of a village full of weaken and easy targets. And I'm guessing by telling me to see volume 44 and 45 (which is hard given that I read online and thus there aren't any volumes) you mean chp 416? But even in that chapter, he wasn't automatically killing the innocent. He states that if someone opposes his belief, he would kill their family and then see how they felt about it then. Sure that's bad, but it's not anything new. Sasuke threw that same line of reasoning out at Kakashi back in Part One. It's a stance he already held, so unless you're saying he was a villain since that point, it would still be him being an anti-hero.

I would point out that Nagato, Obito, and Itachi are all currently seen as anti-heroes, despite both of them actually killing innocent people, including children. Not to mention the Bijuus. In a world where heroes willingly preform assassination, the death of innocents is a small factor in judging who's a villain or not. Danzo never killed anyone on-screen, and Madara is hazy, but it's clear they both are seen as villains.

I'll be more to the point this time. Chapter 416 I believe it is, Obito asks Sasuke what his true intentions are. Sasuke tells Obito/Fakedara that after hearing Itachi's story he won't forgive Konoha and plans to slaughter them all. Obito asks him that he thought he only wanted to kill the elders. Sasuke responds by saying he wants to slaughter everyone with his own hands. Sounds like a cold blooded killer villain to me. Even people who have no idea who the Uchiha are, Sasuke planned to kill them if they were of Konoha blood. Sasuke was a villain at this point. Now let me hear you argue this point. I want to hear your response.

As far as your Obito, Itachi, and Nagato comments about being anti-heroes. Nagato didn't become a anti-hero until he was edo tenseied back to life and tried to help Naruto. But during his time as Pain he was a hardcore villain of the series. Obito became a anti-hero after Naruto changed him during their battle, but until then he was the big bad of the series...until Madara demoted him. Itachi is the only one who can really be argued and even he was playing a villain role for most of the series, even if by a fake. Not that any of that changes what I said about Sasuke.

NarutoSharingan

~Ash fcking finally~
Naruto vs. Sasuke still needs to happen, which is why I want this war arc over with already. I'd rather see those two fight again than see more of Kaguya's lameness.

I agree but know kishi he might make the fight an minute long until he makes a new character kaguya is dumb az hell though,and obito dies for the 99th time

Nodame

Misty <3
The manga keeps stressing Naruto x Sasuke bromance bond more than Team 7 as a family :x I like NaruSasu bromance and all, I just hate when it's being pushed down my throat.

Last edited:
RIP Obito - one of my favourite characters of all of Naruto :(

Good news that the big news wasn't about the ending of Naruto, I'm hopeful that the manga could at least be stretched out until mid 2015! The manga has become so exciting now, I really don't want it to end! Also, I can't wait for the new Naruto movie. It will probably be very canon, did you guys see the older Naruto? This movie must be important. Also I read a few months ago Kishi was thinking of showing Kakashi's face in a Naruto movie, maybe this could be the one!? Either way, exciting news and great chapter and RIP Obito

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The manga keeps stressing Naruto x Sasuke bromance bond more than Team 7 as a family :x I like NaruSasu bromance and all, I just hate when it's being pushed down my throat.

Naruto and Sasuke really are the only ones who matter now. Everyone is just not important. That's why I support Kakashi dying with Obito. So he can be appreciated with his real team not Naruto and Sasuke being the chosen whatevers.

And personally I don't miss Madara a bit. Good riddance. I hope that is the end of Madara and he doesn't get a good ending. That can be his punishment for this long war arc. I'm not a fan of Kaguya, but I'll take anything over generic overlord Madara. Kaguya not talking and just attacking has been a blessing after years of Madara and his overpowered, generic speeching, bland self. Madara has got to be my least favorite character in the Naruto series, and there are plenty of bad characters in this series. But I can't think of one that gave me more of a headache then Madara. Just more whiny Uchiha drama. Good riddance, I hope the character never returns. Ever!

Nodame

Misty <3
Naruto and Sasuke really are the only ones who matter now. Everyone is just not important. That's why I support Kakashi dying with Obito. So he can be appreciated with his real team not Naruto and Sasuke being the chosen whatevers.

The whole manga is about them and the Uchihas and I think this is why the manga lost so much quality because basically every character has to suffer. I wish instead of this ridiculous bond there was more focus on Sakura and the other teams, so much waisted potential in here. I really hope by the end of the manga at least we see something..

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The whole manga is about them and the Uchihas and I think this is why the manga lost so much quality because basically every character has to suffer. I wish instead of this ridiculous bond there was more focus on Sakura and the other teams, so much waisted potential in here. I really hope by the end of the manga at least we see something..

There's no hope for Sakura and the others now. I mean Kishi is trying to put Sakura on some kind of pedestal with the rest of Team 7 in this final by making her Tsunade Junior. It's just too bad that Tsunade was outclassed early in Part 2, so it's not as impressive as it should be. The Uchihas have pretty much taken over the series. What use to be a story about a outcast boy cursed with a demon fox and trying to defy what nearly everyone labeled him as and become the Hokage of his village, has turned into prophecy galore, chosen one junk, and everything leading back to the Uchiha and their whiny history. I seriously am so sick of the Uchiha and their drama. When did the Uchihas become the center of the Naruto universe? They're more important/powerful then the tailed beast for crying out loud!

since the manga is close to ending i always wondered why kishi never stated how hashirama died he told/showed us how three of the hokages died but not how the most important hokage died

Lorde

since the manga is close to ending i always wondered why kishi never stated how hashirama died he told/showed us how three of the hokages died but not how the most important hokage died

Kishi already stated in the 1st databook that Hashirama died in a war after founding Konoha.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I just realized something. When Naruto ends, what will we talk about on this thread? How will I have my heated Naruto debates when the series is over? I'll miss my debates, arguments, and frustrations over the series when it's all over. I think I'll miss those most of all.

Lorde

I just realized something. When Naruto ends, what will we talk about on this thread? How will I have my heated Naruto debates when the series is over? I'll miss my debates, arguments, and frustrations over the series when it's all over. I think I'll miss those most of all.

Imo, the thread will presumably be locked, die on its own or become a Naruto anime thread since that's still going on. Frankly, the thought of those scenarios saddens me a bit, but the manga's gonna end regardless tbh.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

We will be nice and ancient like hermit Madara by then. :)

It will probably feature arguing about the ending and shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.