• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
But is becoming a Jinchuuriki not a good thing? Because of all of that happening, Naruto became a hero in the ninja world and like everyone looks up to him now, even other Jinchuurikis and Kages. Had Minato and Kushina lived, he wouldn't have gotten all the recognition he gets now.

While it's true Naruto is the person he is today thanks to these actions, Naruto saying Obito was awesome was a little too much. Now it's okay for me to say Obito is awesome, but for Naruto. Forgiving him is one thing, but to say he's awesome is quite another. I'm fine with Naruto feeling bad for Obito's death, but he didn't have to cheese it up. Granted this is not the worst thing that came of this war. And I'm glad Obito got a much more meaningful ending then Madara did. Obito was a much bigger influence in the Naruto series then Madara ever was.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I think I agree with anyone who said Obito's death was well done minus Naruto calling him awesome. Although I might add that he didn't have as much closure with Kakashi than I would have expected (other than saving his life of course).

As for Obito indirectly killing Naruto's parents, "guns don't kill people, people kill people!" Maybe this quote is appropriate?

And I'm glad Obito got a much more meaningful ending then Madara did. Obito was a much bigger influence in the Naruto series then Madara ever was.
I highly doubt Madara is dead yet, it was an interesting plot twist but way too sudden to be real. And if you count Obito's life after his first "death" as having been manipulated by Madara, then everything Madara AND Obito did to influence the series can ultimately be attributed to Madara. Which apparently was all attributed to Black Zetsu/Kaguya.../Juubi/Giga Tree... or something. Lol.

In other news, have you guys seen this yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3oSYxieqnw

The main thing I got from this teaser is that Naruto's right hand is covered in bandages. Is that the hand with his Six Paths' Sun marking? Does this mean in the future Naruto will continue to have his hax powers, or at least some minor form of them?! Hmmm...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think I agree with anyone who said Obito's death was well done minus Naruto calling him awesome. Although I might add that he didn't have as much closure with Kakashi than I would have expected (other than saving his life of course).

As for Obito indirectly killing Naruto's parents, "guns don't kill people, people kill people!" Maybe this quote is appropriate?

I highly doubt Madara is dead yet, it was an interesting plot twist but way too sudden to be real. And if you count Obito's life after his first "death" as having been manipulated by Madara, then everything Madara AND Obito did to influence the series can ultimately be attributed to Madara. Which apparently was all attributed to Black Zetsu/Kaguya.../Juubi/Giga Tree... or something. Lol.

In other news, have you guys seen this yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3oSYxieqnw

The main thing I got from this teaser is that Naruto's right hand is covered in bandages. Is that the hand with his Six Paths' Sun marking? Does this mean in the future Naruto will continue to have his hax powers, or at least some minor form of them?! Hmmm...

Madara better be dead! Madara may be the only character in Naruto I can truly say I HATE! I don't normally throw the word hate around, because it's a strong word, but I cannot stand Madara. A boring, generic, overlord villain. I could go on and on about why Madara sucks as a character, but I'll spare you the rant. As far that comment about who influences who. Well as of right now Kaguya is the one behind everything. And while Obito was being manipulated, we don't find that out till the more then halfway through the war arc. Until then it was Obito as fake Madara calling the shots, making the plans, getting the bad guys together, and starting ****! The real Madara is a last minute villain who took all the myths being brought on Obito as Fakedara and suddenly he's the real threat. He has no personal connections to any of the characters fighting in the war, no real grudges between Naruto or Sasuke. He is simply the answer to Naruto and Sasuke's growing powers. That's all Madara is. His name got built as the villain on another character. It's like putting Darth Vader or Voldemorts name on some random villain only to reveal last minute that the bad guys you thought were the real bad guys were in fact not who they say they were. Anyway I've ranted about Madara's position in the Naruto world for weeks and weeks with other members now.

Bottom line, Madara sucks and I hope his character stays dead. Good riddance, you boring killing machine with no personality beyond generic overlord.
Edit: The real enemy will be the fruit Kaguya ate! I'm waiting for it to pop out of her and reveal it's true master plan.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I don't even know. What the heck can Naruto possibly see in Obito that makes him the "coolest". It can't possibly be him simply wanting to be Hokage, cause we already saw that wanting to be Hokage is something everyone seems to be after. And Obito getting rewarded with Rin... Anyway, looks like the final battle is nearly over.

I'll be more to the point this time. Chapter 416 I believe it is, Obito asks Sasuke what his true intentions are. Sasuke tells Obito/Fakedara that after hearing Itachi's story he won't forgive Konoha and plans to slaughter them all. Obito asks him that he thought he only wanted to kill the elders. Sasuke responds by saying he wants to slaughter everyone with his own hands. Sounds like a cold blooded killer villain to me. Even people who have no idea who the Uchiha are, Sasuke planned to kill them if they were of Konoha blood. Sasuke was a villain at this point. Now let me hear you argue this point. I want to hear your response.

As far as your Obito, Itachi, and Nagato comments about being anti-heroes. Nagato didn't become a anti-hero until he was edo tenseied back to life and tried to help Naruto. But during his time as Pain he was a hardcore villain of the series. Obito became a anti-hero after Naruto changed him during their battle, but until then he was the big bad of the series...until Madara demoted him. Itachi is the only one who can really be argued and even he was playing a villain role for most of the series, even if by a fake. Not that any of that changes what I said about Sasuke.
Seems like a translation issue then - the translation I use (mangapanda) tie his actions against them to making them understand his pain, which as mentioned, is a belief he already held, without any mention of "slaughter". He was already ready to attack and kill those who got in his way, doing so to Naruto and gang several times well before that point. So either he was a villain the entire time, or he didn't become one until he actually started killing innocent people.

The point is that all three of them actually killed hundreds of innocent people without pause, yet them having that blood on their hands did nothing to stop them from being treated as good guys (as even the current chapter strangely shows). Sasuke never killed anyone in Konoha, despite what he said or what it appeared to be. Three times he chose to purposely set aside any action against the village to do other stuff. So if they aren't villains despite what they have done, how can he have been a villain before doing anything?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't even know. What the heck can Naruto possibly see in Obito that makes him the "coolest". It can't possibly be him simply wanting to be Hokage, cause we already saw that wanting to be Hokage is something everyone seems to be after. And Obito getting rewarded with Rin... Anyway, looks like the final battle is nearly over.

Seems like a translation issue then - the translation I use (mangapanda) tie his actions against them to making them understand his pain, which as mentioned, is a belief he already held, without any mention of "slaughter". He was already ready to attack and kill those who got in his way, doing so to Naruto and gang several times well before that point. So either he was a villain the entire time, or he didn't become one until he actually started killing innocent people.

The point is that all three of them actually killed hundreds of innocent people without pause, yet them having that blood on their hands did nothing to stop them from being treated as good guys (as even the current chapter strangely shows). Sasuke never killed anyone in Konoha, despite what he said or what it appeared to be. Three times he chose to purposely set aside any action against the village to do other stuff. So if they aren't villains despite what they have done, how can he have been a villain before doing anything?

Sounds like translation issues indeed. Well I'm holding the actual volume 45 where it states Sasukes actions as genocide. As far as how Sasuke could be a villain before doing anything, Sasuke tells Obito the truth behind his actions. He plans to kill everyone in Konoha. Everyone! Whether they were involved with the Uchiha incident or not. He didn't get around to killing anyone, but the entire point is he was planning too. Sasuke was going to kill innocent people over the Uchiha incident. That is the actions of a cold blooded killer. He was attempting mass genocide on Konoha. That sounds way more like a villain then a anti-hero. In my opinion Sasuke went from a regular good guy, when he joined Orochimaru he became a anti-hero, when he announced his plans to kill Konoha he was a full blown villain, and then he became a anti-hero again when he teamed with Itachi and started questioning his motives and needed the dead Hokage for answers of the truth. That's how I see Sasuke.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I simply figured that Naruto respected Obito's sacrifice tbh, which made him "cool" in Naruto's eyes. Naruto has bigger fish to fry anyway and it's not like him to hold a grudge.

nuzamaki90

I simply figured that Naruto respected Obito's sacrifice tbh, which made him "cool" in Naruto's eyes. Naruto has bigger fish to fry anyway and it's not like him to hold a grudge.

You gotta wonder how big of an impact those last few words will have on Naruto. It might just be me but his design in The Last looks a lot like Obito.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hey guys! Remember that funny Rock Lee spinoff that got its own anime? Both the manga and anime ended in the last two years, but now there's another spinoff!

...Starring Sasuke...

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hey guys! Remember that funny Rock Lee spinoff that got its own anime? Both the manga and anime ended in the last two years, but now there's another spinoff!

...Starring Sasuke...

LOL, I will only love it if Sasuke is constantly asked to join these different teams because the leader of those teams always tells him a different story about the Uchiha legacy. Other then that, Sasuke is not at all a humorous character so I wonder how that would even work.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Kishi finally gave his beloved Sasuke a spin-off. Kii. I don't think it'll be received well though; Sasuke as the main character of a comedy manga sounds so wrong. :x

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So Kishi finally gave his beloved Sasuke a spin-off. Kii. I don't think it'll be received well though; Sasuke as the main character of a comedy manga sounds so wrong. :x

Oh I'm sure they can think of some funny gags to do with Sasuke's situation. Here's a example
Orochimaru: "Sasuke! Come with me! I'll grant you power to kill your older brother!"
Sasuke: "Hmm? Well okay. Sure your my enemy and your far weaker then Itachi, but I'll trust that you know how to give me the power to beat him, despite the fact that for all your knowledge of justu you can't match my brother."
Orochimaru: "Splendid."

And then after three years of training.
Sasuke: "Orochimaru, all this training you are making me do is pointless. We Uchiha's gain power by evolving our Sharingan."
Orochimaru: "But Sasuke! You must train your body as well!"
Sasuke: "That was in part 1, and a ploy to show that Rock Lee was a strong rival. In part 2 we threw that crap out. Now by simply evolving Sharingan I can beat Gokage level opponents with simple eye power. And no matter how much you train me, I'll never evolve Sharingan this way. Unless I consider you my friend and kill you to gain MS. And I don't consider you a friend."
Orochimaru: "..."

There's plenty of wacky stuff they could do with Sasuke in a comedy manga. They just have to use the material they already have and make it humorous.

Agility

Bah.
All they have to do is basically model him after Part 1 Sasuke. I know a lot of people have forgotten his personality from here. Just go back and watch the episode they try to see Kakashi's face. xD

PokeMaster366

Oh I'm sure they can think of some funny gags to do with Sasuke's situation. Here's a example
Orochimaru: "Sasuke! Come with me! I'll grant you power to kill your older brother!"
Sasuke: "Hmm? Well okay. Sure your my enemy and your far weaker then Itachi, but I'll trust that you know how to give me the power to beat him, despite the fact that for all your knowledge of justu you can't match my brother."
Orochimaru: "Splendid."

And then after three years of training.
Sasuke: "Orochimaru, all this training you are making me do is pointless. We Uchiha's gain power by evolving our Sharingan."
Orochimaru: "But Sasuke! You must train your body as well!"
Sasuke: "That was in part 1, and a ploy to show that Rock Lee was a strong rival. In part 2 we threw that crap out. Now by simply evolving Sharingan I can beat Gokage level opponents with simple eye power. And no matter how much you train me, I'll never evolve Sharingan this way. Unless I consider you my friend and kill you to gain MS. And I don't consider you a friend."
Orochimaru: "..."

There's plenty of wacky stuff they could do with Sasuke in a comedy manga. They just have to use the material they already have and make it humorous.

That sounds more like an amusing satire than a spin-off.

Nodame

Misty <3
All they have to do is basically model him after Part 1 Sasuke. I know a lot of people have forgotten his personality from here. Just go back and watch the episode they try to see Kakashi's face. xD
That was a filler actually, not canon :p

nuzamaki90

Sasuke is already getting a comedy special with Itachi in the upcoming Storm game and from what I've seen of it, it's really good.

The series is ending and to not make it as sad, Sasuke is going to try and make us laugh lol

I wonder how this one will compare to Rock Lee's, I thought that spinoff was one of the funniest shows I've evEr seen.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So the movie is canon? Well that's annoying. Because then I'll be forced to watch and listen to the horrible voices of these characters and their over dramatic music. It's strange that I love the manga but detest the anime.

Well whatever. I just wanted my Team Minato spinoff. I know one was never ever going to happen. But that would have pleased me before the series ended. I wanted to remember Obito from the good ole days rather then Fakedara, and to see Kakashi as a arrogant punk. I suppose it's a dream that will never come.

Nodame

Misty <3
So the movie is canon? Well that's annoying. Because then I'll be forced to watch and listen to the horrible voices of these characters and their over dramatic music. It's strange that I love the manga but detest the anime.
I don't know I feel like no mangaka would spoil the ending of ones manga with a movie. The Naruto and Sasuke fight alone is gonna last at least 30-40 and I clearly see a good 100 chapters remaining for the overall story. All I could possibly see is that another time skip might be in order, and the movie just is a AU type story to it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't know I feel like no mangaka would spoil the ending of ones manga with a movie. The Naruto and Sasuke fight alone is gonna last at least 30-40 and I clearly see a good 100 chapters remaining for the overall story. All I could possibly see is that another time skip might be in order, and the movie just is a AU type story to it.

I don't think there needs to be another time skip. However the Naruto and Sasuke fight...I guess needs to still happen? To be perfectly honest, after back to back Obito, Madara, and Kaguya fights, I'm battled out from big showdowns in Naruto. Between those three Super Freaks, you've done everything possible in a Naruto fight. I don't even think a Naruto vs Sasuke battle would even compare. I suppose it could happen. I mean it ended Part 1, but personally I found some of the Sound Four battles to be way better Part 1 finales then Naruto vs Sasuke in the Vally of ends. Mangawise anyway. This is the only time you'll see me praise the anime for doing something way better then the manga. Mangawise Naruto vs Sasuke was really one sided and lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.