• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Red and Blue

I'm curious what exaclty is the "Start of the new era project" that will begin with the upcoming Naruto movie. If it's not part three, then I wonder what else the project could be?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm curious what exaclty is the "Start of the new era project" that will begin with the upcoming Naruto movie. If it's not part three, then I wonder what else the project could be?

Naruto GT.

Re-watched the Hidan and Kakazu arc earlier today. The feels still got me good. Doesn't help that "Closer" and "Long Kiss Goodbye" are so fitting. Just hits you like a truck when you know what's going to Asuma, and Kurenai will be left a widow. When Shikamaru does the final blow to Hidan, that was such an awesome character development. Everything about this whole arc was perfect. Well, the manga was better, but the anime portrayal wasn't that bad. Kakashi and Yamato teaching Naruto Rasen Shuriken, character development for one of the best Konoha 11, and you even cared for Asuma and Kurenai, even if they were side characters. When the manga/anime actually focuses on trying to create character development, that's what the story gets so good, IMO, and why I've been following the series for over a decade now.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Naruto GT.

Re-watched the Hidan and Kakazu arc earlier today. The feels still got me good. Doesn't help that "Closer" and "Long Kiss Goodbye" are so fitting. Just hits you like a truck when you know what's going to Asuma, and Kurenai will be left a widow. When Shikamaru does the final blow to Hidan, that was such an awesome character development. Everything about this whole arc was perfect. Well, the manga was better, but the anime portrayal wasn't that bad. Kakashi and Yamato teaching Naruto Rasen Shuriken, character development for one of the best Konoha 11, and you even cared for Asuma and Kurenai, even if they were side characters. When the manga/anime actually focuses on trying to create character development, that's what the story gets so good, IMO, and why I've been following the series for over a decade now.

It's a funny thing about that arc. I didn't care much for Asuma, still kinda don't but it was sad that Kurenai lost her husband and the father of their child. That's pretty sad. I'm glad Shikamaru got to avenge him. If anyone ever doubted Shikamaru as one of Konoha's best just remember this. He beat Hidan, a Akatsuki member, all by himself. Not many besides Naruto and Sasuke can say they've done that. I'm glad Shikamaru had his awesome moment in the series. It showed he came a really long way from that lazy bum from the Chunnin Exams. I always wished Choji and Ino got to help, because they were really starting to become irrelevant to Team 10. But the thing about the Hidan/Kakazu arc, it had little sequel during the war arc. And this is one of the few times I'll praise the war arc. Team 10 vs Asuma is without a doubt one of the best things to come out of the war. We got to see Choji and Ino growth as shinobi. And I never expected Ino Yamanaka to be anything more then a lame Sasuke groupie. I had a slice of humble pie seeing the things Ino did in this war. Choji as well. Team 10 imo got one of best deals among the Konoha 11, minus Naruto creating Narutoism.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
While it's true you can't really say who's the best, you can say which ones have done the most impressive feats for people to say that this guy or girl is a good ninja.
Actually, I think that's the main reason why it's hard to give Shino credit; he's done very little in the series to outshine the rest of the Genin 12, regardless of what they may have said/thought about him during his few battles.

Naruto GT.
That's essentially a Part III.

Lorde

Actually, I think that's the main reason why it's hard to give Shino credit; he's done very little in the series to outshine the rest of the Genin 12, regardless of what they may have said/thought about him during his few battles.

Agreed. His lack of screen-time and fights in general make any hype he's received from other characters during the series seem insignificant imo. :x

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Here's a random question: Aesthetically speaking, which character(s) do you think has the most interesting or likable design?

I actually think character designs are one of Masashi Kishimoto's strong points. Well, I guess some would say he isn't great at drawing girls per se, but still. I think the guy who came up with the idea/design of the Sharingan, Kage outfits, symbolic piercings of Nagato's Six Paths of Pain, simple yet somehow badass-looking Itachi Uchiha, etc. is pretty good at character designs.

One of my personal favorites (if not best, pretty close) is Madara Uchiha. Whatever you might say about the character himself, I always thought as the infamous leader/traitor of the Uchiha clan, he definitely looked the part. Everything from his armor to his gloves to his under-eye bags to his Sharingan to - especially - his trademark hair.

Weird, I sound like a fangirl haha (I'm a guy though).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Favorite designs? Not a bad question. I have a bunch of characters who's designs I like. The funny thing is, not all of them are important characters at all, but their designs somtimes stick out to me more then major characters.

Among the males in no order.
Zabuza: His design is forever in my memory no matter how old a character he is.
Haku: Same as Zabuza. Though I still think Haku is secretly a girl :p
Pain: Those eyes and piercings are hard to forget and it really gives off the intimidating look he's trying to be presented as.
Shino: Truly a mystery character and both his designs in part 1 and 2 reflect it.
Kankuro: Might be a minor character but I love his design when he first appeared.
Dosu and Zaku: Like Zabuza, I will always remember their looks.
Madara: Same reasons you said.
Fakedara/Tobi: Same reasons for Shino. A true mystery.
Sasori: Really cool designed with his puppets.

Among the girls in no order.
Rin Nohara: Might be a overall forgettable plot device but I love her design. It stands out for me more then any other female in Naruto for some reason.
Tenten: Pretty much the same as Rin. Does nothing but her design is memorable.
Konan: Has that rare brooding look on females that most Naruto girls don't have.
Sakura: Pink hair. She stands out among a crowd.
Ino: I like her look in part 2 much better. She looked like a veteran shinobi.
Shizune: Yeah...I don't know why I love her design so much. I just do.

I have a lot more designs I love, but these ones pop up into my head first.
Edit: I'll also add Kin from Team Dosu. Her design is also good in color scheme.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Kishimoto has got to be one of the most underrated character designers in history. I feel one of his biggest upsides is his ability to make memorable themes for groups of ninja's/people. For instance, the headband with the village marking, something you never really saw in depictions of ninja's pre-naruto. Same with the akatsuki cloak, it makes no sense to have a coat with red clouds, but he makes it work.

Little things get my attention, I love Tsunade's heels, Sakura's boots, Hinata's and Kakashi's sandals. I prefer Ino's design the most of anyone in Konoha, blondes are awesome and Kamex pretty much feels the same way I do about Madara. He has the best design of all the Uchiha in my opinion.

Lorde

When are the Hokage gonna arrive? They were shown chatting a while ago and talking about reviving Madara, but with Team 7 holding their own against Kaguya, are the Hokage even needed?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Same with the akatsuki cloak, it makes no sense to have a coat with red clouds, but he makes it work.

If you think about it, it kinda does. Akatsuki when translated to English is Red Dawn. I don't remember if they did explain why they are called that, but typically a Dawn means the beginning of light in the morning. However it also means like the development or the rise of something greater. Like when people say "Dawn of a New Age" or "Dawn of an Empire". Red could mean love or anger or aggression (Itachi joined Akatsuki to protect his beloved little brother, Obito was a member because he hated Kakashi for letting Rin die, Kisame just wanted to kill people, etc), which is what the members of Akatsuki are all about. The black cloak and red clouds could mean the night when Obito attacked Konoha and unleashed Kurama on them, taking the life of both Minato and Kushina, Hiruzen's wife, Iruka's parents, and many others. The Madara vs Hashirama fight also started at night, and led to Madara's death. Or even the black doesn't matter. The red clouds could just mean a bloody day is coming, and someone will most likely die.

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I also like Naruto's Sage Mode design. Jiraiya looked strange yet powerful, but Naruto mastering it made his eyes look cooler than I could have imagined myself.

If you think about it, it kinda does. Akatsuki when translated to English is Red Dawn. I don't remember if they did explain why they are called that, but typically a Dawn means the beginning of light in the morning. However it also means like the development or the rise of something greater. Like when people say "Dawn of a New Age" or "Dawn of an Empire". Red could mean love or anger or aggression (Itachi joined Akatsuki to protect his beloved little brother, Obito was a member because he hated Kakashi for letting Rin die, Kisame just wanted to kill people, etc), which is what the members of Akatsuki are all about. The black cloak and red clouds could mean the night when Obito attacked Konoha and unleashed Kurama on them, taking the life of both Minato and Kushina, Hiruzen's wife, Iruka's parents, and many others. The Madara vs Hashirama fight also started at night, and led to Madara's death. Or even the black doesn't matter. The red clouds could just mean a bloody day is coming, and someone will most likely die.
-Raiga- might have just been suggesting that it red clouds don't sound like they would look appealing on a black cloud even though they do in this case. But to add to what you said, before her death Konan told Obito that the red clouds "are a symbol of the wars that rained blood down on the Hidden Rain village." Although that could have been added much later, so I don't know if it was Kishi's original reason. But it makes sense because the original Akatsuki were fighting for "the rise of something greater," like you said.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I find it hilarious that Sakura was shoehorned into the final conflict.And how exactly did Obito get the Rikudou Sennin's chakra? The set-up made no sense, but honestly, it this is the end of Kaguya and this arc, I'll take it. Would be kind of sad if Kakashi's words were suppose to imply he's dying.

Anyway, I'm done with this debate. I have nothing more to add beyond what I've already stated. Sasuke planned to kill everyone in the village. That's not my opinion, it's a FACT. It was proven several times in the manga by Sasuke himself and that makes him a villain for that time. Not a anti-hero, a straight up villain. If you don't want to believe that then just read the volumes. They finish my arguments for me, because you're pretty much arguing against what the volumes set up. So I'm done. I have nothing new to add because I'll just be saying the same thing over and over again.
Except the whole reason for this debate was that the first time wasn't proven anything more then him just telling Obito what he wanted to hear: Sasuke didn't like Obito, and wanted little to do with him beyond what he could gain. Sasuke also had a history of lying to villains he partnered with. More importantly, Sasuke had no reason to lie to Team Taka. The entire fight with Kirabi was to show that Sasuke did actually care for his teammates at that point in time. And not only would they not have cared about him killing innocent people (heck, they wouldn't have had any problem joining in), but they would have listened to him had he told them not to interfere, as they had already proven in the past. Throw in the fact that every chance he got, he choose to do something else instead of going after the village, and it's clear he was just feeding Obito a line in order to get what he could out of him.

Now to everyone on Sakura vs Hinata. How did we get to this point? Now we're arguing who was more clinging to Naruto or Sasuke. They both are. The difference is Hinata did not start off as so Naruto centric as she is now. In part 1 Hinata actually had a life and Naruto just inspired her to be better at it and this is where the crush came in. Somewhere along the lines in part 2, Hinata simply became a Naruto groupie and whatever story she had beyond that was lost in her popularity and shipping. Hinata's the most popular female in the Naruto series so I'm not surprised it bit her in the butt in the end. To everyone who says all she ever thinks about is Naruto...well yeah. I have to agree with that. The only thing I'll argue is she wasn't always like that. Popularity and her shipping did her in.
Pretty sure Hinata was always treated as a Naruto fan-girl. The only difference was that Hinata had more going on then just that, unlike Sakura who's sole focus was her crush.

Nodame

Misty <3

Speaking of designs. I like Sakura, Hinata and Konan's designs the best among the girls.

-Sakura: She has the prettiest face imo. With her big gorgeous emerald eyes and her pink hair. She gets more and more beautiful..
-Konan: Her eyes are very pretty. I like her overall design a lot.
-Hinata: I like her design as well. She has such as an angelic, cute face. She is unique.

As for boys: Sasuke, Hidan, Diedara, Sasori.

Lorde

I didn't like Hidan's design because of how oddly Kishi drew his chest/torso several times, but Deidara's design slayed (minus his limbs after they got sown back on).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I also like Naruto's Sage Mode design. Jiraiya looked strange yet powerful, but Naruto mastering it made his eyes look cooler than I could have imagined myself.

-Raiga- might have just been suggesting that it red clouds don't sound like they would look appealing on a black cloud even though they do in this case. But to add to what you said, before her death Konan told Obito that the red clouds "are a symbol of the wars that rained blood down on the Hidden Rain village." Although that could have been added much later, so I don't know if it was Kishi's original reason. But it makes sense because the original Akatsuki were fighting for "the rise of something greater," like you said.

I forgot Naruto's Sage Mode design! It's very cool. The red and black robes made him look like a legendary shinobi to watch out for. I think that is my favorite Naruto design.

Other designs I can add.
Of the males.
Kimimaro: I have always liked his design. Like Shino, pretty mysterious. But to be honest I wasn't crazy about his transformed state. But regular Kimimaro had a cool design.
Sakon and Ukon: I'm probably going to name all the sound 4. But unlike Kimimaro, I really like his transformed look.
Kidomaru: Unique design with his many arms. I think he has my favorite transformed state design wise.
The 2nd Mizukage: I love this troll Mizukage's design and his expressions. I think he was one of my all time favorite dead Kages both in personality and design. I wish more characters had expressions like the 2nd Mizukage.
A/Raikage: What can I say about A? His design really shows him as the powerhouse Kishi wrote him as.

Of the females.
Tayuya: Same as the other Sound 4. Cool design. But like Kimimaro and unlike Sakon/Ukon and Kidomaru, I didn't like her transformed look very much.
Kurenai: Love her eyes. Kurenai's eyes have got to be the...third best eyes among the girls. Behind Sakura and Rin. Sakura's eyes are still top notch.

I also really love the Konoha 11 in their war gear. While you all know my beef with the war arc itself, Sakura, Shikamaru, Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Choji, Ino, Tenten, Lee, and Neji looked truly amazing in their war outfits. They truly looked like the future of Konoha, defending their village from the bad guys. I love their outfits. I wanted to see Naruto wear one just once, but he's got his Sage Robes. And there are still more designs I like. I'll save them for my next post :p

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
^ loving their outfits would just mean you love the war outfits, since everyone, except Naruto, Sasuke, and the enemy are wearing the same exact outfit. Like, no difference at all. Not even different colors.

Anyways, I like RTN Hinata. She's the exact opposite of canon Hinata. She's wearing lipstick and makeup, she's feisty and approaches Naruto like he's hers, wearing short shorts, zipping down her jacket, and just showing off to everyone her stomach and fishnet bra. I still like shy Hinata more though. Tobirama Senju is also great. I've always liked characters with jackets that have the fur by the neck. He specializes in Suiton, so it makes sense for him too. If only he didn't die young, he could have created so many more jutsus and might have even perfected Edo Tensei and Space-Time jutsus. And wouldn't want to leave out the Akatsuki cloak. So simple, yet so effective.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
^ loving their outfits would just mean you love the war outfits, since everyone, except Naruto, Sasuke, and the enemy are wearing the same exact outfit. Like, no difference at all. Not even different colors.

Anyways, I like RTN Hinata. She's the exact opposite of canon Hinata. She's wearing lipstick and makeup, she's feisty and approaches Naruto like he's hers, wearing short shorts, zipping down her jacket, and just showing off to everyone her stomach and fishnet bra. I still like shy Hinata more though. Tobirama Senju is also great. I've always liked characters with jackets that have the fur by the neck. He specializes in Suiton, so it makes sense for him too. If only he didn't die young, he could have created so many more jutsus and might have even perfected Edo Tensei and Space-Time jutsus. And wouldn't want to leave out the Akatsuki cloak. So simple, yet so effective.

I do like the war outfits. I just stated the reasons why I liked them. It's not one of my favorite designs but I liked seeing the Konoha 11 get to wear them.

Lorde

I can't wait for the war to finally be over so that everyone gets their original village headbands back; I seriously dislike the alliance ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.