• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kaguya lost too easily imo; I expected her to at least have a trump card. Oh well. I didn't see the need for the deceased Kage to be resurrected, but alas, at least the war is over unless Madara revives or Orochimaru becomes the final villain. :x

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Kaguya lost too easily imo; I expected her to at least have a trump card. Oh well. I didn't see the need for the deceased Kage to be resurrected, but alas, at least the war is over unless Madara revives or Orochimaru becomes the final villain. :x

Well Orochimaru is still alive so there's always the chance he takes over Madara's dead body.

Red and Blue

Is Madara truly dead? Or is he just unconcious? If it's the latter than I wonder what's going to happen when he wakes up?

I'm only doing a great job at it because I'm calling out Sakura's flaws. It's not my fault if she has more then one.

And you're right, Shizune said she was storing it for years. She said that while Sakura is about to unleash the chakra so that doesn't counter anything I just said about the powerup coming out of nowhere, because the explanation is just on the spot as the jutsu is about to be used. Still cheap. As for Sakura in the Pain arc, Pain was attacking long before Naruto got there. As for Iruka telling Sakura to go to the hospital, if Sakura has Tsunade level strength with the forehead she could have told Iruka that she could help Tsunade protect the village the same way Tsunade did. If she is like Tsunade she can't die easily and Konoha does have other medics. So why has it taken Sakura this long to reveal this justu when there have been plenty of times she could have helped? Sakura's sudden boost of power makes zero sense and is cheaper then anything Sasuke has done. To compare the two is laughable. Yes Sasuke gets plot armor Uchiha powers, but he gets fight after fight after fight to buildup to his evolving Sharingan. Sakura has none of this and then we have to accept her as a Sannin?

To Besho. I agree with that completely. The Sasori fight IMO is Sakura's greatest moment in the series. I wish she had more of them.
If we're saying it's cheap, then I put it on the same level as Hinata's Twin Lion Fist, a jutsu we've never seen her train for, that seemed quite cheap to me. And once again, you're wrong. When Pain destroyed the village, Sakura screamed for Naruto to come, read what happens in chapter 429, there you'll find your answer. And it's because she said this before she activated the Seal "It's almost done. I've almost stored the necessary chakra." So, it's a charging jutsu, for all we know it couldn't have been released at anytime, Sakura's wrapped around plot as well. Once again, I'm not making you try to like Sakura or accept her. You seem to get your kicks out of going after her most of the time.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If we're saying it's cheap, then I put it on the same level as Hinata's Twin Lion Fist, a jutsu we've never seen her train for, that seemed quite cheap to me. And once again, you're wrong. When Pain destroyed the village, Sakura screamed for Naruto to come, read what happens in chapter 429, there you'll find your answer. And it's because she said this before she activated the Seal "It's almost done. I've almost stored the necessary chakra." So, it's a charging jutsu, for all we know it couldn't have been released at anytime, Sakura's wrapped around plot as well. Once again, I'm not making you try to like Sakura or accept her. You seem to get your kicks out of going after her most of the time.

The only character I get my kicks out of going after is Madara. Sometimes Sasuke, but mostly Madara. Everyone in this fourm probably knows I have it out for Madara. But as much as I dislike him I'll give him credit where it's due like him being the only threat to Naruto and Sasuke.

Anyway enough about that. I took your advice and reread chapter 429. I know how the Mitotic Regeneration works. What I am complaining about is we had no idea Sakura could use it until she actually used it. Unlike Hinata, Sakura is a main character. Unlike Hinata, Sakura actually had a fight before the Pain arc where you could have mentioned she had a trump card. Or if you want to pull that charging adapter stuff, have her mention that she has a jutsu that she's charging up. Kishis took this jutsu and tried to pass it off to Sakura, who has been a supporting shinobi up to this point, and tried to put her on the same view as Naruto and Sasuke. And I'm saying it was done poorly and comes out of nowhere, when Naruto and Sasuke have been fighting powerful enemies and Sakura has not.

I know it seems like I'm picking on Sakura. I suppose I am in this. I don't even know why we're on Sakura, I was originally talking about how useless Karin became after rejoining Sasuke. I like Sakura, but I'm not going to praise her for BS powerups when I called out other characters like Sasuke and even Naruto for the same thing.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Not to push the issue but...

Omg. Why did this argument turned into a Sakura vs Naruto now?? I wouldn't dare to compare anyone to Naruto's development. He's the strongest and the most developed character in Naruto and nobody can argue that. The show is called Naruto after all. My point is that She is just a normal girl, who has grown so much. And one of the main points of her character is being powerful without being born into a powerful clan or have any special abilities of her own. She didn't need that to be all that she can be. She killed an akatsuki and punched Kaguya WITHOUTany haxed powers. Unlike Naruto and Sasuke whom had to rely on their natural talents.
Well you said "no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power." Naruto earned most of his power, other than the Six Paths' power as of late. And even if you don't count that, Naruto is way beyond Sakura, so I still don't think she deserves any credit that Naruto (and even Sasuke IMO) don't deserve. Naruto started out as a normal boy as well, all the destiny stuff and being descended from Senju and being a successor of Ashura came way after he proved himself to be much more hard-working than Sakura already, and even in Part II he continued to work his butt off while Sakura remained stagnant. She only defeated Sasori because a legend was helping her, and I have nothing positive to say about her undeserved glory from the chapter before the last.

She trained off-screen, so what? it doesn't change the fact that Sakura by now has fully mastered the skills Tsunade imparted to her. This indicates that Sakura is indeed superior or equal to Tsunade at this point. Having similar skills doesn't make her a "clone". Going by your logic, Hinata is also a Niji clone. Naruto is a Jiraya clone because he can master the rasengan just like him? Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
You're right about Hinata to some extent. But Naruto has plenty going for him that Jiraiya didn't have; Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu, mastering Sage Mode (because of the shadow clones), adding an element to Rasengan, ridiculous amount of work ethic/wanting to be Hokage, Senju lineage, everything that has to do with having the Kyuubi locked within him, etc. Sakura is pretty much just Tsunade 2.0, at least skill-wise.

Bottom line: Sakura as a main character is a complete failure in my humble opinion. She works as a character in general, but repeatedly trying to make her as relevant and on par as Naruto and Sasuke was a mistake if Kishi was going to put in such a halfhearted effort...

DBZ levels
Naruto is Goku, Sasuke is Vegeta, Sakura is Krillin (or Tienshinhan if you decide to add GT). Calling her a Yamcha is a major disgrace to her character development. A Yamcha would be the Elvis wannabe that Ino was hired to pretend and marry in one of the fillers from OG Naruto.
Meh, at some point Krillin, Tien and Yamcha were basically in the same boat. I only chose Yamcha because he's a little more recognized for failing to be of much help in the DBZ fights. My point still stands with any of those characters.

Lol..

You really CAN'T criticize Sakura and company, just like you couldn't criticize Krillin and company in DBZ. That's because the characters who AREN'T part of a famous / powerful clan like the Uzumaki or Uchiha (Saiyans) are apparently incapable of becoming that powerful on their own because they don't have the correct bloondlines (human). The only basis you have for comparison are to characters of like strength; such as Vegeta and Goku, or Sakura and, say, TenTen.
You're right. But I don't criticize Sakura for not being as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke, I criticize the story for pretending that she has to be, and then pretending that she succeeded, when clearly the same story shows us that she hasn't. At least not believably. Either Sakura doesn't have the means to catch up so she doesn't, OR she does have the means so she does catch up. Why force her character to tag along with the big boys if you're not even going to write her character well and give her a chance? I dunno, it doesn't really make sense to me.

For starters, this is Naruto, not Dragon Ball Z. I'm not even going to get on that. Next, going your logic, everyone in Konoha 11 is useless, right? Even if she wasn't given godly powers, she still assisted in the fight against Kaguya. Saving Sasuke and delivering a punch to Kaguya. I don't know how that makes her useless. (>.>)
I just used Dragonball Z as a metaphor. Okay, fine she's not useless. But my point is that Sakura is roughly on the same level as most of the Konoha 11. They may not be useless, but there's very little they could feasibly do to fight the greatest villain in the series. Sakura did her healing thing, that's about all that made sense. Punching Kaguya was nothing special, it was just a really strong sucker punch on an incapacitated enemy. It's nice that she did that, but to suggest that Sakura is just as relevant and important and powerful as Naruto and Sasuke just because she jumped in at the last second goes over my head.

But whatever, if people are really satisfied with how Sakura's been handled in the story, then I'm not complaining. There are plenty of things I like about the Naruto series that others practically hate, so to each their own.

Nodame

Misty <3
By the way, your comment about her standing around and doing nothing. Other then Sasori and this last stretch of the war arc, Sakura still stands in the background doing either very little or nothing. The Sasori fight and her punching random Juubi monsters in the war have been like her only action scenes in part 2. It's a improve over part 1, but beyond that she just sticks to healing. I think it's a crime what kishi's done with Sakura. If he was going to pull her forehead powerup BS, he could have at least given us some scenes of Naruto meeting Sakura in the middle of her training, have her keep it secret, give us subtle hints that something big is coming with Sakura, maybe have Tsunade ask her "How's the training going?" every once in awhile. Instead it comes out of nowhere and feels even worse then Sasuke's powerups.

Still, I don't hate Sakura. I know everyone on here probably thinks I do. But I don't play favorites when a character has a problem and other fans don't want to acknowledge it. Several of my true favorites in Naruto have flaws and BS moments that I call them out on too. So I'm not just picking on Sakura.

I forgot to mention something lol. Okay first of all Sakura's power up wasn't BS that you're claiming. I've also reread the manga multiple times, and If you pay attention to Sakura's conversation with Yamato she says, "I wanna do more than just the little things." Healing was a small thing for her, but carrying the burden of healing the entire alliance is pretty big. It's more than one person. Which doesn't make this small. Yes in the beginning of the war you saw her in like small scenes, but once she got the fight with Obito and Madara things changed. Let's not forget when she was desperate to save Naruto from death after loosing Kurama. You may argue that Oh well you knew he was gonna be saved after getting Yin Kurama, and that may be true however Naruto would've probably died had Sakura not give everything her all. Aside from that she had a big asset in trying to save Sasuke with Obito and Naruto, and let's not forget about her getting a hand in defeating Kaguya. I'm not saying your picking on Sakura, and I'm not trying to praise her. All I'm doing is giving her credit for what she's accomplished.

Well you said "no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power." Naruto earned most of his power, other than the Six Paths' power as of late. And even if you don't count that, Naruto is way beyond Sakura, so I still don't think she deserves any credit that Naruto (and even Sasuke IMO) don't deserve. Naruto started out as a normal boy as well, all the destiny stuff and being descended from Senju and being a successor of Ashura came way after he proved himself to be much more hard-working than Sakura already, and even in Part II he continued to work his butt off while Sakura remained stagnant. She only defeated Sasori because a legend was helping her, and I have nothing positive to say about her undeserved glory from the chapter before the last.

Do you even have reading comprehension? :x I didn't say Sakura worked harder than Naruto though, don't twist things up. My point is despite not having a power from an outside sources, she has proven herself worthy.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Good God, you guys are STILL arguing over Sakura?

Anyways did anyone notice the rabbit like monster that emerged alongside the tailed beasts? I wonder what the heck is it?

Lorde

Good God, you guys are STILL arguing over Sakura?

She's being glorified by fans for doing almost nothing throughout the series, which is the crux of the debate. Incompetence should not be rewarded with praise in my opinion. :x

Anyways did anyone notice the rabbit like monster that emerged alongside the tailed beasts? I wonder what the heck is it?

Kaguya's true form maybe? Not that it really matters now that she's sealed and all.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
She's being glorified by fans for doing almost nothing throughout the series, which is the crux of the debate. Failure should not be rewarded with praise in my opinion. :x

We are giving her credit for what she's accomplished. You're the one who's in denial.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I forgot to mention something lol. Okay first of all Sakura's power up wasn't BS that you're claiming. I've also reread the manga multiple times, and If you pay attention to Sakura's conversation with Yamato she says, "I wanna do more than just the little things." Healing was a small thing for her, but carrying the burden of healing the entire alliance is pretty big. It's more than one person. Which doesn't make this small. Yes in the beginning of the war you saw her in like small scenes, but once she got the fight with Obito and Madara things changed. Let's not forget when she was desperate to save Naruto from death after loosing Kurama. You may argue that Oh well you knew he was gonna be saved after getting Yin Kurama, and that may be true however Naruto would've probably died had Sakura not give everything her all. Aside from that she had a big asset in trying to save Sasuke with Obito and Naruto, and let's not forget about her getting a hand in defeating Kaguya. I'm not saying your picking on Sakura, and I'm not trying to praise her. All I'm doing is giving her credit for what she's accomplished.

Do you even have reading comprehension? :x I didn't say Sakura worked harder than Naruto though, don't twist things up. My point is despite not having a power from an outside sources, she has proven herself worthy.

Well this is hopefully my last post on Sakura. I don't even know how I started talking about her when I was talking about Karin. But frankly I'm tired of talking about the both of them.

I do give Sakura credit where it's due. My entire argument was kishi turning Sakura into something she's not. Kishi decided to have her stick to a medic/support shinobi after the Sasori fight. I'm fine with that. She's a great healer. Healed Kankuro's poison, was great in the Sasori fight, and every once in awhile she lends unexpected knowledge. My problem is Kishi suddenly turns this series upside down with Sasuke's reforming and now that Sasuke's good again, he wanted a Team Seven glory moment and so he had to come up with something for Sakura that just came out of nowhere. Suddenly she had the forehead jutsu, suddenly she can summon slugs. I wonder why she never did this before. The slugs would have come in handy for Sasori. And if she didn't have it before that fight and got it after, show her training and working for it. I want to get behind Sakura's advancement but it came out of nowhere and just seems like a excuse to give Team Seven the Sannin treatment when clearly Sakura should not be anywhere near Naruto and Sasuke level, and should be nowhere near sturdy enough to fight the same enemies they do. I'm all for Sakura having her moment but I wish she got built up like Naruto did for this so it doesn't come off so forced.

I'm sorry. I wanted to make that short but it wasn't. I like Sakura. I just didn't like how kishi tried to push her as Naruto and Sasuke level when she's been just slightly above average as a shinobi until now. That's just me. But I will give Sakura and anyone credit where it's due. But I don't hate her or anything. Sometimes I don't think she gets the credit she truly does deserve in some areas.

Lorde

We are giving her credit for what she's accomplished. You're the one who's in denial.

Helping beat Sasori and doing a few good deeds during the war are basically the only positive things that she's really done in Part 2. That doesn't elevate her to Naruto's, Sasuke's, or even Kakashi's tier like some people are saying though. In her case, being an arguably badly-written character who Kishi made into more of a burden in the middle of Part 2 doesn't make me want to praise her.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Well this is hopefully my last post on Sakura. I don't even know how I started talking about her when I was talking about Karin. But frankly I'm tired of talking about the both of them.

I do give Sakura credit where it's due. My entire argument was kishi turning Sakura into something she's not. Kishi decided to have her stick to a medic/support shinobi after the Sasori fight. I'm fine with that. She's a great healer. Healed Kankuro's poison, was great in the Sasori fight, and every once in awhile she lends unexpected knowledge. My problem is Kishi suddenly turns this series upside down with Sasuke's reforming and now that Sasuke's good again, he wanted a Team Seven glory moment and so he had to come up with something for Sakura that just came out of nowhere. Suddenly she had the forehead jutsu, suddenly she can summon slugs. I wonder why she never did this before. The slugs would have come in handy for Sasori. And if she didn't have it before that fight and got it after, show her training and working for it. I want to get behind Sakura's advancement but it came out of nowhere and just seems like a excuse to give Team Seven the Sannin treatment when clearly Sakura should not be anywhere near Naruto and Sasuke level, and should be nowhere near sturdy enough to fight the same enemies they do. I'm all for Sakura having her moment but I wish she got built up like Naruto did for this so it doesn't come off so forced.

I'm sorry. I wanted to make that short but it wasn't. I like Sakura. I just didn't like how kishi tried to push her as Naruto and Sasuke level when she's been just slightly above average as a shinobi until now. That's just me. But I will give Sakura and anyone credit where it's due. But I don't hate her or anything. Sometimes I don't think she gets the credit she truly does deserve in some areas.

I understand your viewpoint and I agree with you that she needed more moments and build up. At least you do acknowledge Sakura and that's great.

Anyway, The Japanese government has decided that the chapters will be published three day before their commercialization and not five days like before. They have estimate that three days was enough....

Last edited:

Red and Blue

She's being glorified by fans for doing almost nothing throughout the series, which is the crux of the debate. Incompetence should not be rewarded with praise in my opinion. :x

Kaguya's true form maybe? Not that it really matters now that she's sealed and all.

I guess that makes sense. It just feels nothing is being accomplished from all this fighting.

I wonder if the rabbit could be another tailed beast? As little sense as that makes, LOL.

nuzamaki90

Blah blah Sakura blah blah rage

Can we talk about how much freaking power Naruto put into that punch at Zetsu and Kaguya's arm?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Blah blah Sakura blah blah rage

Can we talk about how much freaking power Naruto put into that punch at Zetsu and Kaguya's arm?

I think the gravity pull of Kaguya's Chibaku Tensei moon helped a bit.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So does this mean there will be two moons from now on...? Interesting if that's the case.

No. The Chibaku Tensei is in the other dimension. Hagoromo summoned them back to the real world with the help of all the dead Kages after.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The dead Kages didn't help so much with the final Kaguya fight. They did when Trolldara was around. Which just makes me wonder what was the point of the dead Kage? I still would have much preferred the alliance trying to help, even if by just support. The dead Hokage imo just took slots away from others that could have helped. And I still don't like that loophole of them being summoned after they were sealed away and Orochimaru getting his original arms back. They should have just stayed gone. This is when the war became a fanfic.

Status
Not open for further replies.