• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
And what exactly stops him from becoming Hokage now? He's already one of the strongest ninja around and the hero of the war.

Like I said, Naruto's stupid. You can't learn politics in a day, even with the help from a genius like Shikamaru. Being a Hokage doesn't mean just being strong. You also need to know how to rule your village, and be able to discuss with the other Kages on government details. Kakashi is not only one of the strongest Shinobis in the Leaf, but also has the knowledge to know how to deal in politics.

I wouldn't have mind Kakashi as Hokage. I still think he should have gotten a run with it after Danzo. As for being incredibly strong...well outside Sharingan he's not OP at all. But really look at the current Hokage. Tsunade wouldn't crack my all time elite shinobi list either compared to A/Raikage and Oonoki. And Minato wasn't as broken as his legend made him out to be. If anything Minato felt more like a Kakashi style fighter. A shinobi with many tricks and a few unique jutsu abilities like teleporting and a imperfect Rasengan. And Minato's considered one of the all time best Hokage ever. So I think Kakashi had a chance.

The problem now is, the time has come and gone. I agree with anyone who says Kakashi is more qualified then Naruto and Sasuke as Hokage. But at the same time I feel like the time to do it would have been after Danzo. Just let Naruto and Sasuke feud over it. Far as I'm concern, Kakashi already is Gokage level, even if a low level one.

Why would you remove the Sharingan from Kakashi? Sure, he was given it instead of being born with it, but he's had it for more than half his life. He's had it for so long, it's technically a part of him now. Why not remove Kurama from Naruto? He wasn't born with it, Minato just sealed half of Kurama's chakra minutes after his birth. Why not remove Yamato's Wood Style? He wasn't born with it, but rather experimented on by Orochimaru. And Kakashi was already chosen as the 6th Hokage after the Pain arc. Tsunade was unconscious, the Leaf officials decided to nominate Kakashi, everyone agreed, and he even got as far as almost getting his face plastered so they could have gotten his dimensions to put on the mountain. Tsunade regained consciousness though, so Kakashi's inauguration was cancelled.

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
The thing is, Gaara became Kazekage with no apparent negative consequences due to his age. So even if Naruto isn't as mature as Gaara, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see Naruto become Hokage as well. Realistically it might be hard to believe, but I can see the story doing that. Although I think it might make more sense to have Kakashi be Hokage now and Naruto become the 7th after a timeskip or something (even if the Part III is only one chapter long or is only included in the upcoming movie).

This still means Tsunade has to resign or something though.

And Sasuke can just suck it cuz he doesn't deserve to be Hokage. Even Madara deserved to be the First Hokage more (not now, obviously)... Well, maybe. Lol.

Probably so, it's not like this is the first time Kakashi has been told to become the Hokage, so it wouldn't be out of the blue. Though I do find it like a slap in the face to Naruto, Obito first tells Naruto to become the Hokage before he dies, then he tells Kakashi as well. It wouldn't matter too much to me who becomes Hokage between the two, but I rather it be Naruto.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Like I said, Naruto's stupid. You can't learn politics in a day, even with the help from a genius like Shikamaru. Being a Hokage doesn't mean just being strong. You also need to know how to rule your village, and be able to discuss with the other Kages on government details. Kakashi is not only one of the strongest Shinobis in the Leaf, but also has the knowledge to know how to deal in politics.

I honestly can't imagine Naruto ever having knowledge like that even if he has to "mature" for years before getting the Hokage title. But honestly, I don't think it matters anyway. He doesn't need a complex mind to rule the village imo.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The thing is, Gaara became Kazekage with no apparent negative consequences due to his age. So even if Naruto isn't as mature as Gaara, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to see Naruto become Hokage as well. Realistically it might be hard to believe, but I can see the story doing that. Although I think it might make more sense to have Kakashi be Hokage now and Naruto become the 7th after a timeskip or something (even if the Part III is only one chapter long or is only included in the upcoming movie).

This still means Tsunade has to resign or something though.

And Sasuke can just suck it cuz he doesn't deserve to be Hokage. Even Madara deserved to be the First Hokage more (not now, obviously)... Well, maybe. Lol.
Ahh, that's right. Forgot about Gaara. Still, he was surrounded by officials. His dad (although he hated his own son) was Kazekage (who was actually alive for ~12-13 years of his young life), and had two other siblings who taught him things. Naruto on the other hand has no grasp on politics whatsoever for all we know (unless Jiraiya taught him that along with their 2 1/2 years of training). I doubt there's going to be another timeskip season. I'd be fine with a Timeskip in the last few episodes to see where the characters are then.

It's fine if Tsunade steps down. She's old, and Sakura already knows most (if not all) of her jutsus and knowledge. I bet seeing Dan again might influence in her stepping down and giving the Hokage role to Kakashi.

Probably so, it's not like this is the first time Kakashi has been told to become the Hokage, so it wouldn't be out of the blue. Though I do find it like a slap in the face to Naruto, Obito first tells Naruto to become the Hokage before he dies, then he tells Kakashi as well. It wouldn't matter too much to me who becomes Hokage between the two, but I rather it be Naruto.
The way that was told was horrible. Obito about to die, tells Naruto to be Hokage, then dies, meets Rin. Next chapter, WHOOOPS! Sorry, my bad, Rin! Forgot to tell Kakashi something, and how stupid of me to forget to give him my eye! That would have been bad TROLOLOLOLOL

I honestly can't imagine Naruto ever having knowledge like that even if he has to "mature" for years before getting the Hokage title. But honestly, I don't think it matters anyway. He doesn't need a complex mind to rule the village imo.

No, of course not. He'll have Shikamaru making "complex" decisions for him. But ultimately, Naruto's responsible for everything. Besides, it's not just the Leaf he's worrying about. He has to deal with negotiations and other politician stuff that happens behind the scenes. Even if the ninja world is finally going to unite after this, he still needs to be smart enough to actually contribute to discussions, rather than just Talk-No-Jutsuing everyone.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Why would you remove the Sharingan from Kakashi? Sure, he was given it instead of being born with it, but he's had it for more than half his life. He's had it for so long, it's technically a part of him now. Why not remove Kurama from Naruto? He wasn't born with it, Minato just sealed half of Kurama's chakra minutes after his birth. Why not remove Yamato's Wood Style? He wasn't born with it, but rather experimented on by Orochimaru. And Kakashi was already chosen as the 6th Hokage after the Pain arc. Tsunade was unconscious, the Leaf officials decided to nominate Kakashi, everyone agreed, and he even got as far as almost getting his face plastered so they could have gotten his dimensions to put on the mountain. Tsunade regained consciousness though, so Kakashi's inauguration was cancelled.

Was this aimed at me? Huh...when did I say anything about removing Kakashi's Sharingan? I just said without it he's not Overpowered. I never said anything about removing it. IMO when Kishi actual made Kakashi lose his Sharingan the first time I thought it was dumb and poorly done too. But I didn't say anything about removing the Sharingan from Kakashi. It's probably more his eye then Obito's at this point. Hah. Now I remember the chapter when Trolldara stole his eye and could magically use it to do Kamui. I also remember rooting for Sakura to hold off Madara by herself until Naruto arrived. Who knew a few chapters later Sakura would be smacking Kaguya? If only that was Madara...and right in his face. Yes, I don't like Madara very much.

As far as the Hokage thing goes I don't know. I'm not saying Kakashi's not worthy of Hokage, because again, I think he's one of the best in the series to be honest. To have lasted this long with his secondary Sharingan and lack of Uchiha body is quite impressive. So without a doubt I consider Kakashi one of the best. And honestly I would have rather have seen Naruto with his who Genin Squad before he made the leap to Hokage. It's not a requirement, but I always wanted to see Naruto as leader of a squad before being Hokage.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Was this aimed at me? Huh...when did I say anything about removing Kakashi's Sharingan? I just said without it he's not Overpowered. I never said anything about removing it. IMO when Kishi actual made Kakashi lose his Sharingan the first time I thought it was dumb and poorly done too. But I didn't say anything about removing the Sharingan from Kakashi. It's probably more his eye then Obito's at this point. Hah. Now I remember the chapter when Trolldara stole his eye and could magically use it to do Kamui. I also remember rooting for Sakura to hold off Madara by herself until Naruto arrived. Who knew a few chapters later Sakura would be smacking Kaguya? If only that was Madara...and right in his face. Yes, I don't like Madara very much.

As far as the Hokage thing goes I don't know. I'm not saying Kakashi's not worthy of Hokage, because again, I think he's one of the best in the series to be honest. To have lasted this long with his secondary Sharingan and lack of Uchiha body is quite impressive. So without a doubt I consider Kakashi one of the best. And honestly I would have rather have seen Naruto with his who Genin Squad before he made the leap to Hokage. It's not a requirement, but I always wanted to see Naruto as leader of a squad before being Hokage.

When I said remove, I meant in terms of usage, not literally removing it. You said "outside Sharingan". Why disregard something that has been a part of him for over a decade? That's being biased. If you're gonna disregard one character's ability, then you also have to disregard everyone else's.

Why not be happy with Kakashi being Hokage? The dude has already been chosen as the 6th Hokage. He has all the requirements to be Hokage. He's certainly better fit to be Hokage than Naruto.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
When I said remove, I meant in terms of usage, not literally removing it. You said "outside Sharingan". Why disregard something that has been a part of him for over a decade? That's being biased. If you're gonna disregard one character's ability, then you also have to disregard everyone else's.

Why not be happy with Kakashi being Hokage? The dude has already been chosen as the 6th Hokage. He has all the requirements to be Hokage. He's certainly better fit to be Hokage than Naruto.
I assume he's considering Kakashi without his Sharingan because it's a possibility after this arc. We're not certain yet if Kakashi will continue to have Obito's otherworldy-transferred Sharingan, right? At least, I didn't notice if he still had them after Kaguya was defeated.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I assume he's considering Kakashi without his Sharingan because it's a possibility after this arc. We're not certain yet if Kakashi will continue to have Obito's otherworldy-transferred Sharingan, right? At least, I didn't notice if he still had them after Kaguya was defeated.

Ahh okay, I get it now. It's a possibility, but Obito did tell Kakashi that he's going to be the 6th Hokage. Without the Sharingan, what does good ol' Scarecrow have? His dogs, Lightning Blade, intellect, and only one eye. He also has decent chakra, but that's also even without the Sharingan. He's famous as being the "Copy Ninja", and without the Sharingan, he'd probably still be at least an A-rank Ninja, but there are plenty more ninjas who can beat him then. I'm gonna guess he'll keep that eye, but I guess we'll see in the upcoming releases.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Ahh okay, I get it now. It's a possibility, but Obito did tell Kakashi that he's going to be the 6th Hokage. Without the Sharingan, what does good ol' Scarecrow have? His dogs, Lightning Blade, intellect, and only one eye. He also has decent chakra, but that's also even without the Sharingan. He's famous as being the "Copy Ninja", and without the Sharingan, he'd probably still be at least an A-rank Ninja, but there are plenty more ninjas who can beat him then. I'm gonna guess he'll keep that eye, but I guess we'll see in the upcoming releases.
Do you mean he'll keep only one Sharingan? I don't know if that would make sense, since the fact that his eyes didn't match was basically corrected by Naruto. That is, unless everything Naruto fixed with his Six Paths power will be restored to its previous state.

Personally, I hope he either has neither eye or both eyes. I just think it would be nice to see some sort of change in him after this battle, like a new Kakashi. That can mean either he continues on a new legacy with two normal eyes for the first time since he was 13 or whatever, or Obito has improved him a second time with two Sharingan eyes, almost like his gift is now "complete". If he just goes back to having one Sharingan, it'll feel like he's the same old Kakashi and he hasn't really made any type of progress.

Not to mention, I can imagine a new Kakashi wearing the Hokage garb with a pair of Sharingan. That's if he does become Hokage and keeps both eyes. Although, I can't remember if having both Sharingan activated and uncovered drains his energy even more than the one did...?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Do you mean he'll keep only one Sharingan? I don't know if that would make sense, since the fact that his eyes didn't match was basically corrected by Naruto. That is, unless everything Naruto fixed with his Six Paths power will be restored to its previous state.

Personally, I hope he either has neither eye or both eyes. I just think it would be nice to see some sort of change in him after this battle, like a new Kakashi. That can mean either he continues on a new legacy with two normal eyes for the first time since he was 13 or whatever, or Obito has improved him a second time with two Sharingan eyes, almost like his gift is now "complete". If he just goes back to having one Sharingan, it'll feel like he's the same old Kakashi and he hasn't really made any type of progress.

Not to mention, I can imagine a new Kakashi wearing the Hokage garb with a pair of Sharingan. That's if he does become Hokage and keeps both eyes. Although, I can't remember if having both Sharingan activated and uncovered drains his energy even more than the one did...?

Yeah, my bad. I read the manga every week there is one, but I also forget a few big plot points immediately right after reading them. Obito did give him both his Sharingan eyes, but the one he wants Kakashi to keep is the eye he gave as he was dying. The other eye has an "expiration". When does it expire? Now because the fight with Kaguya is finished, or will he have it for a little bit longer?

And we don't know yet. We know having both Sharingan eyes let him add Kamui to his moves and makes him intangible, but that's it. In that short amout of time from receiving both eyes to Kaguya getting sealed, Kakashi never once mentioned feeling dizzy from using too much chakra or whatnot.

Nodame

Misty <3
If my husbando Kakashi is going to become hokage I'm fine with it. It only suggests that Naruto needs a little time to mature a little more first before leading an entire village by himself. As long as we get Naruto's face on the Hokage mountain at the end of part 3, doesn't matter when he becomes.

Lorde

It's fine if Tsunade steps down. She's old, and Sakura already knows most (if not all) of her jutsus and knowledge. I bet seeing Dan again might influence in her stepping down and giving the Hokage role to Kakashi.

Tsunade having a mimic shouldn't matter in terms of her supposed retirement. And she's supported Naruto's dream since Part 1, so why should she snub him in favor of Kakashi?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Tsunade having a mimic shouldn't matter in terms of her supposed retirement. And she's supported Naruto's dream since Part 1, so why should she snub him in favor of Kakashi?

Tsunade does hold Kakashi in great regards. However I think she'd pick Nartuo over him. She's bet a lot on Naruto and so far, Naruto hasn't disappointed. The politics part, Naruto could get help from the likes of Shikamaru. And while Naruto isn't a super brain, he's smarter then most give him credit for. I've been rereading earlier parts of the war and he actually understands many situations very well. And again if he's got like Shikamaru as a right hand to help him with the politics, it shouldn't be that bad. Still better then Sasuke. I'm confident Tsunade wouldn't pick Sasuke as her successor. She'd sooner pick Sakura as her replacement. That's right, Sakura would make for a better Hokage then Sasuke! At least she cares for the village.

I cannot get over this Sasuke wanting to be Hokage business. It makes no sense and is so out of character. And I'm still nursing my grudge over Naruto vs Sasuke being scrapped. How could they drop the biggest angle in the Naruto series? They build up Naruto to have to somehow both stop and save Sasuke while defending Konoha at the same time, and then they chicken out and have Sasuke turn good on his own without a single fight or death? I don't know how many times I'm going to complain about this. I need to move on to another topic already.

When Itachi died, he wanted Sasuke to protect the village, but I doubt he meant becoming the Hokage to do so. I'd feel much better if Sasuke had went more in depth to why he wants to become Hokage, because I'm still not 100% convinced. Adding to that, I once read that Kishimoto actually wanted Sasuke to become Hokage, now I have no idea if that was a fan's doing or the real thing. I'll put my money on the former.

Nodame

Misty <3
I like Sasuke but I don't think that Kishimoto could write Sasuke becoming Hokage in any way I would find believable. It'll probably get as far as Naruto and Sasuke having their fight for the hokage, but no way Sasuke will never be Hokage. The citizens of Konoha will never accept Sasuke as the Hokage, ever. The best he can do would be to become an elder, and fill a Danzo esque role. Also, I doubt Kakashi will be Hokage tbh and I doubt Tsunade will retire for Kakashi's sake.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
When Hiruzen died, and the Elders were choosing a successor as the 5th Hokage, did they ever consider Kakashi as a contender? Or did they go straight to Jiraiya, who declined the offer and picked Tsunade instead? I don't want to go looking what episode that was, and spen another 10-20 minutes watching the episode. If someone can remember, that'd be great. K thnx bai!

Did ROOT get destroyed? Or are they still operating in secrecy? (Again, don't want to go back hundreds of chapters back) Sasuke could be in ROOT, and Naruto in Anbu. Anbu Naruto sounds cool.

I can see Tsunade retiring. I'd be sad if I never see big breasted anime fanservice Tsunade, but Kakashi is a worthy contender. Old age isn't really an issue considering Hiruzen (which is why he became Hokage again instead of choosing a 5th back then), Tsunade, and Ōnoki can still kick butt, but I think that's because they haven't found a worthy successor to be the next Hokage.

When Hiruzen died, and the Elders were choosing a successor as the 5th Hokage, did they ever consider Kakashi as a contender? Or did they go straight to Jiraiya, who declined the offer and picked Tsunade instead? I don't want to go looking what episode that was, and spen another 10-20 minutes watching the episode. If someone can remember, that'd be great. K thnx bai!

Did ROOT get destroyed? Or are they still operating in secrecy? (Again, don't want to go back hundreds of chapters back) Sasuke could be in ROOT, and Naruto in Anbu. Anbu Naruto sounds cool.

I can see Tsunade retiring. I'd be sad if I never see big breasted anime fanservice Tsunade, but Kakashi is a worthy contender. Old age isn't really an issue considering Hiruzen (which is why he became Hokage again instead of choosing a 5th back then), Tsunade, and Ōnoki can still kick butt, but I think that's because they haven't found a worthy successor to be the next Hokage.
Yep, that's exactly how it went down. The elders went to Jiraiya, he declined and said Tsunade should be the 5th. Kakashi wasn't mentioned.

Since Danzo was killed by Sasuke, I believe it left along with him.

I don't really see any worthy candidates becoming the 4th Tsuchikage other than Kitsuchi, so you're right about Ohnoki, but Tsunade resigning for Kakashi doesn't sit too well for me, I mean, she really doesn't have a reason to stop being the 5th unless she gives it to Naruto in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lorde

I cannot get over this Sasuke wanting to be Hokage business. It makes no sense and is so out of character. And I'm still nursing my grudge over Naruto vs Sasuke being scrapped. How could they drop the biggest angle in the Naruto series? They build up Naruto to have to somehow both stop and save Sasuke while defending Konoha at the same time, and then they chicken out and have Sasuke turn good on his own without a single fight or death? I don't know how many times I'm going to complain about this. I need to move on to another topic already.

Since both Naruto and Sasuke want the Hokage title, it's fairly obvious that they'll fight over that in my opinion and finally have their hyped battle once and for all.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Being a Hokage

PROS:
•Recognized as the STRONGEST NINJA in the village. Ya'll non-Hokages all work for me! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
•Get my face up on the mountain. EGO BOOSTER, yeah! Hey baby, see that face on the mountain? I'll always be staring at you. *winks*
•I know everything. As Hokage, I'm granted to every public and private secret info. Ohh Hashirama did that in his youth? Scandalous!

CONS
•Paperwork. Booooooring! Why am I stuck here filing out paperwork day after day after day?
•Required to attend meetings. ZZZZZZzzzzzz
•Those stupid Elders always bossing me around

Status
Not open for further replies.