• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodame

Misty <3
I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..
There was definitely a lot more that could have been done with Kaguya. But to be fair, without Naruto and Sasuke's borrowed powers no one would have had a chance in defeating her, not to mention sealing her away. By the end the battles had escalated to borderline ridiculous proportions what with switching dimensions, insta-healing people, every element under the sun available, etc., so it's hard to tell who should truly have the upper hand anymore anyway.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

She was able to swap dimensions and stuff, so she was pretty powerful imo. She simply wasn't a good melee fighter, so maybe that's why she didn't seem as threatening as other villains.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Powerful doesn't mean much when you're too terrible to even use that power properly.

Seriously, Kaguya. You have an acid dimension. Shove Naruto and/or Sasuke in it and be done with it.

Oh, that's right, you can't because you're sealed.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That's weak, Neji deserved much better. So is this Super Freak Club you like to mention something you thought up? Just curious lol.

But if you consider Nagato's six paths vs Tobi without six paths, it's hard to say. It seems to me that Pain is much more powerful than Tobi, but we've already seen that plenty of very capable ninja have had a great deal of trouble dealing with Obito's Kamui. But I do think he'd have some trouble trying to avoid Pain for long, let alone put up a successful offensive against him.

But if Naruto did it before taming/befriending Kyuubi, maybe Tobi could have somehow as well. He does have his regular shinobi skills to synergize with Kamui.

Yes. As a matter of fact it was. XD
Edit: It's not a club just anyone can join.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What's the plot for The Last? Maybe it's like after the Cell games. If the Shinobi world is united after this, everyone has taken it easy, and only a few have been training everyday (like Rock Lee and Guy). It made sense for Gohan to be weaker since he focused on studying instead of fighting all these years, but not for Naruto. If Naruto does somehow quit training after the war, a potential 2 years timeskip is enough for him to still have the power from before, but just not be able to unleash his full potential.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Let's see how long this will be dragged out for.

Obito gets redeemed and a happy end.

Madara dies with closure to his story with Hashirama.

Kaguya gets sealed in a rock and no one cares about her or Black Zetsu.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Arrgh! I was totally prepared to rant on trying to humanize Madara but to my great surprise, I didn't mind him this chapter. Maybe it's the fact that his time was over and he was going to die made me dislike him a little less? No that's not it. I guess seeing Hashirama and Madara have one final talk before both dying with this kind of closure was alright. At least Madara didn't just become a good guy, he just reflected on the things he should have done. Wait isn't that what most villains do? Well whatever I didn't mind it. Shocker, I have nothing more to rant on Madara about. I need to find something else.

The rest of the chapter was fine. I agree with Sakura that nothing should come as a shock anymore. The moments I enjoyed were Kurama giving Naruto the finger and his farewell to Minato and his armless self. If only Kushina had been there to complete the set. Just goodbyes all around. One final goodbye between Obito and Kakashi before Obito finally scores with his girl, Naruto and Minato's goodbye and Hashirama and Madara. Not a bad chapter. Oh and Kakashi lost his membership card to the Super Freak Club. But he can join Sakura on their waiting list.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if this last movie will be canon? Also apparently Naruto is 17. How long has Shippuden been going on?

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Apart from Kurama flipping the bird, this chapter was...meh.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
O My Jesus, Can it be true? Have my prayers been answered? Is Naruto ending without Kishimoto dragging out the story further?

I might cry because of this momentous time.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, it's actually ending. No weird surprises right now.

The chapter was kind of touching. I'm glad that Madara died without completely reversing his stance or actions. Just rekindling what he had with Hashirama. And no Rinne Tensei! Naruto's parting words to Minato were also sweet.

Red and Blue

Now that Madara is gone, the only villain remaining is Orochimaru. I'm curious what Kishimoto has in mind for him?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that Madara died without using Rinne Tensei at least and Minato saying happy birthday to Naruto was touching. And I cackled at Kurama. Too bad about Kakashi's Sharingan.

Red and Blue

I'm glad that Madara died without using Rinne Tensei at least and Minato saying happy birthday to Naruto was touching. And I cackled at Kurama. Too bad about Kakashi's Sharingan.

Oh yeah that's right. I guess this means that Neji is staying dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.