• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since Naruto needs Sasuke's help to undo the Infinite Tsukuyomi, Sasuke will definitely be talk no jutsu'd into complying imo. That makes the fight's result predictable, but alas.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Since Naruto needs Sasuke's help to undo the Infinite Tsukuyomi, Sasuke will definitely be talk no jutsu'd into complying imo. That makes the fight's result predictable, but alas.

Yeah, I wonder what his role will be in the movie though, I don't think he'll be a villain anymore.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Wow, finally got around to reading, and I guess I was wrong about a final fight. Not all that interested in it though, due to the outcome being pretty obvious. Still, I suppose it's better then ending with Kaguya.

I'm pretty sure Sasuke was pissed about his entire clan being wiped out. Itachi might be number one at the list but he's mentioned the others. He even told Kakashi and Sakura he would only stop if they revived his entire clan. If only someone in Konoha knew Edo Tensei.
Yeah, Sasuke mentioned others, but Itachi was the main motivation. He mentions several times his hatred for Konoha due to them manipulating/hurting Itachi. Also, pretty sure Sasuke was being facetious, since he was showing knowing at least the basics of Edo Tensei.

And still, Sasuke would make a lousy Hokage. It's not like he actually cares about anyone but his own motives. Sasuke only likes you if you are useful. You stop being useful and he'll back stab you or trash talk you. Yeah, sounds like a real good choice for Hokage. Just the idea of Sasuke as Hokage is a joke. I can't believe we are to take this seriously. This from the guy who planned to murder them all not that long ago. I'm sorry but it's laughable. In no way shape or form should Sasuke's name be a candidate for Hokage. Naruto saved the village from Pain and his name wasn't a candidate for Hokage, so Sasuke needs get that Hokage fantasy out of his head.
Just because Sasuke doesn't actively show love doesn't mean he doesn't care. Part One showed us that. He was nonchalant to both Naruto and Sakura all throughout it, yet multiple times stated how they were dear to him. And that bold completely false. The only time Sasuke was ever like that was solely during the summit arc. We have far more examples in Part Two showing that while he's not affectionate, he's not that bad. Need I point out how he had Suigetsu free all of Orochimaru's prisoners, despite them being of no use to him.

Naruto's not a candidate because the role of Hokage actually requires more then raw strength. Naruto has nothing else going for him to make him a candidate then that. Sasuke on the other hand is actually pretty similar to the previous Hokages, especially Tobirama. Most importantly, Sasuke has been shown willing to make the hard decision. We have seen that not only does the Hokage have to willingly send people to their deaths, they could also have to sacrifice their own citizens for the greater good. Sasuke's clearly capable of that.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wow, finally got around to reading, and I guess I was wrong about a final fight. Not all that interested in it though, due to the outcome being pretty obvious. Still, I suppose it's better then ending with Kaguya.

Yeah, Sasuke mentioned others, but Itachi was the main motivation. He mentions several times his hatred for Konoha due to them manipulating/hurting Itachi. Also, pretty sure Sasuke was being facetious, since he was showing knowing at least the basics of Edo Tensei.

Just because Sasuke doesn't actively show love doesn't mean he doesn't care. Part One showed us that. He was nonchalant to both Naruto and Sakura all throughout it, yet multiple times stated how they were dear to him. And that bold completely false. The only time Sasuke was ever like that was solely during the summit arc. We have far more examples in Part Two showing that while he's not affectionate, he's not that bad. Need I point out how he had Suigetsu free all of Orochimaru's prisoners, despite them being of no use to him.

Naruto's not a candidate because the role of Hokage actually requires more then raw strength. Naruto has nothing else going for him to make him a candidate then that. Sasuke on the other hand is actually pretty similar to the previous Hokages, especially Tobirama. Most importantly, Sasuke has been shown willing to make the hard decision. We have seen that not only does the Hokage have to willingly send people to their deaths, they could also have to sacrifice their own citizens for the greater good. Sasuke's clearly capable of that.

Sasuke of today would never make a better Hokage over Naruto. Naruto connects with people and unites them. Sasuke plans to execute the current Gokage therefore eliminating the peace all the nations just obtained. That makes Sasuke not only a lousy Hokage but a lowlife in general backstabbing the nations like that. Naruto's not perfect but he's way better then Sasuke in that he actually cares for people. Sasuke doesn't care about anything that doesn't revolve around his own personal agenda. Sasuke would be no better then Danzo as Hokage. Both would sacrifice others to become Hokage.

Nodame

Misty <3
I think that Sasuke wanting to be Hokage is a good character development for him. Bad guy turns into being protective and wanting to change the world into a better place is not so bad as people believe its going to be. Its only bad if he intend to go the Madara way, which I doubt it will happen. I really want this arc to be an arc where all will be involved & not just Naruto and Sasuke.

Last edited:

Lorde

I think that Sasuke wanting to be Hokage is a good character development for him. Bad guy turns into being protective and wanting to change the world into a better place is not so bad as people believe its going to be. Its only bad if he intend to go the Madara way, which I doubt it will happen. I really want this arc to be an arc where all will be involved & not just Naruto and Sasuke.

How is Sasuke's new desire a good thing when he's made it very clear that he wants to murder the Gokage? I mean why would anyone in Konoha want Sasuke as their leader if he were to kill the previous Hokage? How are Tsunade and the other Kage at fault to begin with?

Nodame

Misty <3
How is Sasuke's new desire a good thing when he's made it very clear that he wants to murder the Gokage? I mean why would anyone in Konoha want Sasuke as their leader if he were to kill the previous Hokage? How are Tsunade and the other Kage at fault to begin with?

Omg I swear that I completely forgot about what he said about killing the Hokages. I take back my words lulz :x (don't bite me)

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The issues I have with Sasuke as Hokage is it's not believable at all with how it's been done. This is the same creep who betrayed his teammates, left Konoha for their arch enemy who invaded the village and killed the 3rd Hokage, then swore to kill every man women and child in Konoha with his own hands, and now he wants to be Hokage by killing the other Gokage after they all united to defeat a common enemy and even became allies. Sasuke killing them would take the ninja world back to square one. He abuses his own teammates like Karin and leaves them for dead like Suigetsu and Jugo, and shows no remorse for any of the crimes he's committed. Not a single one. And this guy is worthy of being Hokage? Get out of town with that.

I've said this numerous times now, Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage in that he would sacrifice others to remain in power. It's one thing if Sasuke was changing his ways and wanted to be a better person like Gaara. But he's the same disrespectful guy he's been all part 2.

Nodame

Misty <3
I feel stupid forgetting that..

I had faith in Sasuke hoping he'll turn like Gaara, but no. His intentions of "revolutionize" the shinobi world by removing all previous Hokages and the bijuu is too much. Like he wants to kill the Hokages so that... He can change the system? Cold blooded indeed... No heart. There is no exuses.

Makes you wonder where the time-skip will go after this, as at least Naruto survives. As far as the kages are concerned we know at least Gaara will survive, but what about the rest? Will Tsunade get killed off after all and Kakashi take her place? so many questions.

Lorde

I've said this numerous times now, Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage in that he would sacrifice others to remain in power. It's one thing if Sasuke was changing his ways and wanted to be a better person like Gaara. But he's the same disrespectful guy he's been all part 2.

I agree although personally, I didn't see Danzo as that much of a bad guy. He was certainly greedy and wanted power, but he at least loved the village deep down and tried to kill Sasuke to protect it. He wasn't nearly as delusional as Sasuke has been lately.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
From the way Kishimoto has been pulling things out of nowhere, I bet there will be a part in which Orochimaru will somehow, unrealistically escape from the IT and take over Sasuke's body, already weakened from his battle with Naruto, and accept the Infinite Tsukuiyomi plan as his own.

Akashin

From the way Kishimoto has been pulling things out of nowhere, I bet there will be a part in which Orochimaru will somehow, unrealistically escape from the IT and take over Sasuke's body, already weakened from his battle with Naruto, and accept the Infinite Tsukuiyomi plan as his own.

Orochimaru planning to take another swing at getting Sasuke's body I could see (though I doubt he'd be capable of winning over even a weakened Sasuke now, if pre-Mangekyo Sasuke was already too much for him), but him taking over the IT plan makes absolutely no sense. I think it's safe to say there's no worry of this happening.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Orochimaru planning to take another swing at getting Sasuke's body I could see (though I doubt he'd be capable of winning over even a weakened Sasuke now, if pre-Mangekyo Sasuke was already too much for him), but him taking over the IT plan makes absolutely no sense. I think it's safe to say there's no worry of this happening.

Well, Orochimaru gained access to Hashirama's DNA when he "absorbed" White Zetsu, he might use that as a power up of sorts or a tool to get to Sasuke.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Well, Orochimaru gained access to Hashirama's DNA when he "absorbed" White Zetsu, he might use that as a power up of sorts or a tool to get to Sasuke.

Whatever power he gained from that White Zetsu wouldn't be enough to get to Sasuke. Sasuke does afterall have the power of the freaking Sage.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I agree although personally, I didn't see Danzo as that much of a bad guy. He was certainly greedy and wanted power, but he at least loved the village deep down and tried to kill Sasuke to protect it. He wasn't nearly as delusional as Sasuke has been lately.

Danzo was just as bad if you ask me.

Akashin

I admittedly forgot about this, but I doubt it'd be enough. There's still a world of difference between how strong Sasuke was the first time Orochimaru tried and how he is now, and Orochimaru failed miserably back then.

Also, keep in mind that the Living Corpse Reincarnation isn't something that can be augmented by Orochimaru getting stronger; it's a mental attack that the Sharingan is apparently naturally capable of trumping. Even a weakened Sasuke should have no trouble fighting such a thing off with the EMS.

Danzo was just as bad if you ask me.

This. I don't get the logic that Danzo was better; both he and Sasuke are willing to go to horrific lengths for their otherwise good-intended goals.

-Raiga-

This. I don't get the logic that Danzo was better; both he and Sasuke are willing to go to horrific lengths for their otherwise good-intended goals.

The difference is that Danzo is a guy who understood what he did was evil, and he was fine being the scum of Konoha so long as he could protect it. Sasuke's logic on the other hand comes off as a whiny teenager who doesn't really understand the implications of his actions.

Not to mention, despite the series marginalizing the difference between life and death, I'd like to think that Danzo is a helluva lot less evil for wanting to kill a select few enemies, than Sasuke wanting to destroy the whole village(or world, or whatever the hell Sasuke's randomly changing goal is).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The difference is that Danzo is a guy who understood what he did was evil, and he was fine being the scum of Konoha so long as he could protect it. Sasuke's logic on the other hand comes off as a whiny teenager who doesn't really understand the implications of his actions.

Not to mention, despite the series marginalizing the difference between life and death, I'd like to think that Danzo is a helluva lot less evil for wanting to kill a select few enemies, than Sasuke wanting to destroy the whole village(or world, or whatever the hell Sasuke's randomly changing goal is).

I was getting ready to reply but you beat me to it. Good post, Raiga.

In his own way, Danzo did care for Konoha. He didn't care how bad he acted, he would do what he believed was necessary for the survival of the Shinobi world as he said during the Gokage meeting when he manipulated Mifune. Danzo's overall actions in the series were deplorable, but I understood why he did them. Unlike Sasuke, I do think he cared for the survival of the shinobi world. He's shady but everything he did was to ensure the survival of the shinobi world, and he was willing to sacrifice others for it. Sasuke seems to want to kill everyone and then hit the reset button with his "What can be destroyed can be rebuilt" attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.