• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Last edited:

Akashin

He says one thing and does another, like how he says that the Bijuu are part of the world's problems and yet he's still willing to use their powers for his own sake, among other things.

I'm not sure I get the issue here. It's blatant hypocrisy, sure (though it isn't like him using the Bijuu is tantamount to claiming he intends to continue using them or anything; they're just a tool he hasn't yet disposed of that he can use to take care of Naruto), but I don't get what is inconsistent about it.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Sorry, guys I accidentally shifted my focus onto the other bit of news for me and convinced myself I had the right link. Sorry.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
New Naruto The Last character sketches revealed:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...kiba-shino-character-sketches-unveiled/.80034

Gotta say, Ino has a lot of waifu material there.

I always forget that shinobi in this manga have long locks and it doesn't affect their fighting at all. I guess it'll work for Ino. I actually hope we see her relevance in The Last. Maybe she can take over for Inoichi in his job?

Kiba looks like a badass and the guy got ripped. Probably my favourite updated character. Shino I'm not too thrilled about but it's because he's Shino. Less creepy is good.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
He says one thing and does another, like how he says that the Bijuu are part of the world's problems and yet he's still willing to use their powers for his own sake, among other things.

Killing Naruto is not for his own sake in his mind.. "In order to create the world of peace, where I can be Hokage, you need to be gone". Hashirama distributing the Bijuu across several villages created an arms race, inequality. Sasuke tapping into the chakra of all Bijuu while he already has them locked up and taken from all others has nothing to do with what he explains as part of the world's problem. If the Bijuu are free, then they are part of the world's problem, because countries and villages will war against each other to get them.

Sasuke is going to force the countries to war against him the entire time, so there's no fault if he uses them. If he is the one using them, then the countries and villages will direct their attention to him, and not towards each other.

That's not hypocritical. Hypocritical would be stating that the Bijuu are problems of this world, and then redistributing them among the countries as he seems fit. But currently he's just using them as a tool to destroy the final obstacle, and will proceed to destroy/dispose the bijuu afterwards.

I always forget that shinobi in this manga have long locks and it doesn't affect their fighting at all. I guess it'll work for Ino. I actually hope we see her relevance in The Last. Maybe she can take over for Inoichi in his job?

Kiba looks like a badass and the guy got ripped. Probably my favourite updated character. Shino I'm not too thrilled about but it's because he's Shino. Less creepy is good.

For Shino, it's more creepy is good. Wasn't it? He uses icky bugs as a shinobi tool, and he has a symbiotic bond with them. That's inherently creepy. If you take Shino's creepiness away, he just becomes boring.. I agree with you on Kiba though.

I hope we can see Kiba and Tenten have a love child..

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I thought the trend was that after every time-skip Shino covers more and more of his body in clothing and becomes more mysterious. They should have had him wearing a poncho and mask in the movie.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't care much for Ino's adult design, but Kiba looks pretty cool and I'm neutral about Shino. I hope that they appear like this in the last chapter of the manga to really tie the manga and movie together properly.

I don't get what Sasuke is trying to achieve. I mean first he helps Naruto then he is back again with getting power and going against Naruto.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Adult Ino looks okay. Not much change. Kiba and Shino look fine too. Nothing really to write home about. None of the characters really look drastically different, but it's cool to see the Konoha 11 as the new adults of Konoha. Hopefully they're all Jonin now, including Naruto. Well Naruto should be like his own category. I can't believe Kishi kept him a Genin. Yeah, I know those ranks don't mean squat anymore, but come on. Where's the respect? Poor Naruto. He's better then everyone in Konoha and is still a Genin. Ah well.

Kinda random, but I was hoping to see Naruto summon Gamakichi one more time before the series ends. Naruto summoning giant Gamakichi was one of the coolest parts of the war, and the war did not have many cool parts.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I don't get what Sasuke is trying to achieve. I mean first he helps Naruto then he is back again with getting power and going against Naruto.
He only helped Naruto because they had common enemies (Obito, Madara and Kaguya). After they were defeated he made it clear that Naruto was the final obstacle in his way. It was even foreshadowed earlier that he had some kind of plan regarding becoming Hokage, not to mention Orochimaru and Juugo were curious/suspicious of Sasuke's ultimate intentions.

On a different note, I don't know how I feel about the design decision to give Sasuke a Sharingan in his right eye and a Rinnegan in his left. It's just so similar to Obito's final look. I know Sasuke's eyes are technically a little different, but still. And it looks like he'll continue to have them this way in the movie as well... maybe should've just given Obito a third eye for a Rinnegan since he had an eye hole on the forehead of his mask anyway lol.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
I adore Ino's new design, she looks stunning tbh. Her and Sakura look the best imo. I can't wait to see my babies animated <3

dewey911p

primus inter pares
With only 4 chapters left I sure hope Tenten makes it in time with those awesome ninja weapons to be of use to seal away Madara. Can't wait for her to finally get a huge moment and not get left out again!

... oh, wait.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Rewriting a post I already wrote ;;

Using Naruto's faults to justify Sasuke's actions... just wow
... I mentioned two times before how I thought that Sasuke was being extreme in his actions (concerning the Gokages). The only reason I brought up Naruto's faults were because the discussion was about the better choice of Hokage, and his faults directly impact that.

Are you... trying to play a Devil's Advocate or something? Cause no one can be that serious trying to justify Sasuke's actions like this.
Read previous comment.

Look, Naruto isn't exactly the smart type. Neither is Sasuke. At this point, he's just a kid who thinks he can do better than past leaders. Heck, he doesn't even have the disposition to work with others. In fact everyone in the war were following Naruto in their strategies against Obito. Being a leader doesn't mean you can do everything by yourself ya know. I mean you need the cooperation of the people you lead. Also, deception AND forcing the change is not the way to go. Results doesn't mean crap if the methods to do so are just inexcusable. With the way he go about it, he'd probably be worse than Danzo and Kaguya.
First off, he believes he can do better because he has seen and questioned those leaders personally over their past command and mistakes. There's no reason he shouldn't think he could do better given that he KNOWS where they went wrong. Secondly, Sasuke has never had a problem working with others. He was the one pushing for teamwork in the current arc. He has multiple times gathered together a team to achieve his goals. Even in Part One where he was a loner, he always jumped in to support his teammates, even if he didn't much care for them. Third, "everyone was following Naruto" and getting nowhere. In case you forgot, Obito and Madara were winning for the most part until the Edo Hokages showed up, which was specifically thanks to Sasuke. Fourth, that is kind of what Hokage means. We have literally seen it multiple times from the other Hokages. The only Hokage that didn't do everything himself was Sarutobi, who simply allowed Danzo to do all the dirty work for him. But even then, it was the Hokage with the complete and final say in matters. We saw with Tsunade that even if others disagreed, it didn't matter because her word were the law. And fifth, deception and force is likely the way to go. Remember, there have been multiple characters who attempted to bring about peace straight forward and failed. Attempts to bring peace by talking and working together have been tried and it failed every time. So why shouldn't Sasuke, knowing all this, try a different method? Trying a method that has already proven to not work is foolishness. And how would he be anything like Danzo or Kaguya? He's not after power, he has power already.

Sympathy for the Devil can only go so far. Yes, you can sympathize with what he's been through but it does not mean you can say that whatever they're doing is right. Sympathy for villains are constantly misused. Heck, it was attempted on Madara just so people can like him more because he's that image of a cool looking villain that does all this amazing feats. *CoughsSephirothcoughs*
Except calling Sasuke a "villain" is hypocritical. Sasuke hasn't done anything that wasn't already done by Itachi - join Akatsuki, working with Orochimaru, work with Obito, attack Konoha ninjas, attack Jinchuurikis, etc. The only thing Sasuke hasn't done is commit a massacre. Not only that, but when people like Nagato and Obito (both of who have far larger body counts then Sasuke, including children) are considered heroic in-series, the word villain is meaningless.

It isn't Naruto's job to watch over them; it's his job to give them a place to meet with one another. Presumably, the Tailed Beasts will (with exceptions like the Eight-Tails, who seems intent upon bunking with Killer Bee again, and Kurama for obvious reasons) be responsible for themselves. Couple that with the fact that the Kages are most likely on the same page of not wanting to weaponize the Tailed Beasts anymore, and I'd say it's not a prevalent enough issue to warrant exterminating them entirely.

And why does it matter how long Naruto will be around for? One of the carrying themes of the story has been passing the torch to the next generation; one would assume that Naruto would arrange for somebody to take his place (in at least some capacity; I can't see him stuffing parts of every Tailed Beasts' Chakra into somebody new) before it reaches that point.
Why would the Gokages be on that page? The recent war did nothing to solve the overall issues of the ninja system, which outright requires conflict and war for it to merely exist. And without Naruto, there's no way that the Bijuus would be capable of avoiding being caught again. We know that there are multiple different ways to capture them, all of which the various villages know.

It matters because the series has gone out of it's way to imply that only Naruto would be capable of bring the peace, thus the reason why everyone else who attempted it failed. It was literally fated. So someone else being capable of it would fly in the face of that.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
So it looks like we're going to get a homage to Hashirama and Madara's last fight. That's going to be a shadow clone and the real Naruto is going to appear behind Sasuke with a kunai to his back. Instead of stabbing him, Naruto will just start beating the crap out of him until he gets knocked to his senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.