• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we don't go through that "stopping the attack at the last moment" BS. We've waited years for Naruto to finally beat Sasuke. It'd be a massive copout. But you know what they say, expect for the worst.

Also Ying Kurama wasn't quite smart for giving Naruto his chakra especially when the Rinnegan grant them all of these sorts of power, including chakra absorption.
how would ying kurama know that the rinnegan was able to do that???

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, naruhina isn't TOTALLY one sided. It was implied that Naruto may have started to return her feelings after neji's death

We may never know how that'll turn out anyway in my opinion. Right now I'm thinking that the manga may end with no pairings confirmed. That's probably for the best though given shipping drama.

Lorde

I still cant see how they end this series on November 10th to tie up all loose ends. NO. WAY.

The new movie will serve as an epilogue of sorts for the manga IIRC. It's meant to be canon and all, so we'll see the loose ends tied up there.

Obi

The new movie will serve as an epilogue of sorts for the manga IIRC. It's meant to be canon and all, so we'll see the loose ends tied up there.

The issue with that is now we English speakers have to wait a specific number of days to watch the movie without being spoiled our butt off. But lets forget that for now, and focus on whats happening in the manga. Unless Kishimoto does a 40 page final ending chapter, I dont see how they can end it here because 1. The movie is a time skip, which means we still need to know what happens here 2. Orochimaru is still a factor 3. Naruto=Hokage?? Speaking of which what will the nations and Kages do after said Infinite Tsukuyomi is over?

There are a bunch of other things I could bring up but I thought of those just now

Akashin

The issue with that is now we English speakers have to wait a specific number of days to watch the movie without being spoiled our butt off. But lets forget that for now, and focus on whats happening in the manga. Unless Kishimoto does a 40 page final ending chapter, I dont see how they can end it here because 1. The movie is a time skip, which means we still need to know what happens here 2. Orochimaru is still a factor 3. Naruto=Hokage?? Speaking of which what will the nations and Kages do after said Infinite Tsukuyomi is over?

There are a bunch of other things I could bring up but I thought of those just now

1. Much as some word on what the villages are doing post-war would be nice, anything more than a quick summary (which could fit into the epilogue) can be done by the movie.
2. Which may or may not be a point in the movie. There's no reason that has to be resolved before the movie.
3. I'm pretty sure we know that Naruto isn't Hokage at the start of the movie, so...

the fight is going to end next chapter within the first 10 pages than maybe 5 pages of them talking with or without kakashi and sakura and than the ending of the chapter will be them releasing everyone from infinite tsyukomi....well thats how i see it playing out

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
LOL, Orochimaru's still around. I bet Kishi is starting to wonder why he brought Orochimaru back to begin with. There's nothing to be done with him. He's not even in Naruto's league so he can't take over Konoha. And he's not in Sasuke's league either so he can't take his body. The best thing for him to do would be to become Sasuke's lackey like Kabuto once was to him, and if Sasuke takes over the Sound Village or starts his own group, Orochimaru can live there. Because he has no business staying in Konoha, even if he revived the dead Hokages for a short period. He's responsible for several deaths in Konoha including a Hokage. Bringing Orochimaru back was so pointless. That has to be the dumbest move of the war arc.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Orochimaru came back so that the Hokages could come back. The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle. His presence now is pointless and Kishi probably won't even get back to him before the end.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Orochimaru came back so that the Hokages could come back. The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle. His presence now is pointless and Kishi probably won't even get back to him before the end.

They could have just made Kabutomaru do it. He's mastered Edo Tensei a lot better then Orochimaru did. But then we'd have to go through all the crap of them being sealed and junk. It's still all stupid. And I still question the involvement of the dead Hokage. In the end it was still Naruto and Sasuke who save the day. Instead of showing the alliance backup Naruto and Sasuke they have to drag the dead Hokage from the graves like some bad fanfic where suddenly they are more powerful then when they originally were, minus like Hiruzen. This is when the war arc went to it's crappiest.

Lorde

The Hokages were generally an important part of the final battle.

I actually disagree. Most of their fights were off-screen and I felt that aside from Minato and Hashirama, the dead Hokage were completely redundant and should have never been revived.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well lucky for Sasuke, Naruto wasn't in Sage Mode at the very end there or he'd be stoned right now.
Not sure that would have been a problem. Remember, Sasuke knows how to employ natural energy too, via the Cursed Seal and his recent power-up. In addition, he has Hashirama's cells.

Having constant conflict is not the only way the ninja system can live; its just what sasuke sees as the best way to fix the issues. A somewhat fair view point, but in all honesty, it stagnates the development of a nation and uses way to much fear on its citizens. I guess if you're that cynical you could argue its the only way, but this war has pretty much turned the ninja world on its head zzz. I'm sure that with the recent happenings (aka the war that almost wiped them all out), the gokages will be willing to implement policies for peace that will stick over time, even after they're dead.
It is the only way the current system can live, the series makes this clear. The villages are their nation's military force, paid specifically to be their standing army. In addition to that, the villages get paid for taking missions, the most expensive of those being assassinations and espionage, things that can't/shouldn't exist in a peaceful world. If the villages don't take these missions, they will begin to dwindle: this is exactly what was happening with Suna in Part One. They were losing missions to Konoha and even their own Daimyo was beginning to depend on Konoha for work. They were going bankrupt (only being saved by the Kazekage's ability to make gold) and didn't have the resources to train their own forces, resulting in them having to make the most of the few they had. It was that reason they turnt Gaara into a Jinchuuriki, and it was that reason that they eventually decided to team up with Orochimaru and go to war with Konoha.

The point is, that if there is no longer any war, there is no longer any reason for their to be ninjas or ninja villages. There is no other point to the ninja villages except this - being their nation's military. That is literally what they train their children for from the start, to fight and kill. They don't have any other purpose. The Kages aren't anything more then generals, under the rule of the Daimyos. Even when the villages were at "peace", they were still plotting and working against each other, still building up arms in the case of Kumo and Iwa.

And Naruto will bring peace, not that it'll outright loose it once he's gone. I dont know how you got the implication it isn't possible after he dies, he just has to do his job.

Once Naruto has brought peace I'm sure other people can continue it.
For Naruto to bring peace, that would mean the elimination of the ninja system, and that doesn't appear to be what he's working towards. Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato all pointed out that there can't be peace with the current system, and the Rikudou Sennin explained that ninjutsu was what was causing the problem. You can't have the ninja villages still going around fighting and killing each other and believe that there will be peace.

The thing is, maintaining peace is far harder then ending it. To maintain it, everyone has to work at it, but to end it only requires a single person. It's the whole idea behind the cycle of hatred.

I actually disagree. Most of their fights were off-screen and I felt that aside from Minato and Hashirama, the dead Hokage were completely redundant and should have never been revived.

the only thing hashirama did was talk to sasuke(which ended up failing miserably) and give speeches to the alliance...minato and tobirama were the only ones who actually put in any work in stopping both obito and madara

Lorde

the only thing hashirama did was talk to sasuke(which ended up failing miserably) and give speeches to the alliance...

He gave the entire backstory of how he and Madara met and how Konoha was formed; that's more important than Tobirama's Uchiha prejudice or teleportation stunts that Minato showcased better anyway imo.

-Raiga-

I don't think anybody would disagree that the idea to bring the hokages back was bad, but I do agree that hokages were pretty important part of the war. They were a part of almost every war chapter since they were revived, and the Obito fight in particular would have been drastically different without them. Plus the aforementioned hashirama/madara backstory.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
He gave the entire backstory of how he and Madara met and how Konoha was formed; that's more important than Tobirama's Uchiha prejudice or teleportation stunts that Minato showcased better anyway imo.

That was important to expand on Madara, Hashirama, and Konoha's history. That was okay, even though I complained about the placing of the story telling, but it should have ended there. Having them go to fight with the others just made this feel more like a fanfic then a real Naruto chapter. I am not a fan of characters coming back from the dead in general, only in certain situations do I accept it. Here was not one of them. Again I would have gladly have taken members from the alliance like Sakura, Kakashi, Lee, Shikamaru and the like all being Naruto and Sasuke's backup for the fight, instead of relying on these dead old fossils to save everyone. Well Minato died pretty young, so he's not a fossil. And of course Hashirama, Tobirama, and Minato all got upgrades. Hashirama and Tobirama were nowhere near that powerful when they were Edo Tenseied the first time. And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The Hokages were effective in small instances. Naruto and Sasuke handled most of it but they wouldn't have survived without the FTG technique and the barriers.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
For Naruto to bring peace, that would mean the elimination of the ninja system, and that doesn't appear to be what he's working towards. Jiraiya, Minato, and Nagato all pointed out that there can't be peace with the current system, and the Rikudou Sennin explained that ninjutsu was what was causing the problem. You can't have the ninja villages still going around fighting and killing each other and believe that there will be peace.

The thing is, maintaining peace is far harder then ending it. To maintain it, everyone has to work at it, but to end it only requires a single person. It's the whole idea behind the cycle of hatred.

you're going to have to define the "ninja" system for me, cause thats waaaaay to broad. The whole thing is broke? You can't salvage anything or change specific details along with a renewed spirit? zzz

And presuming Sasuke is going to be the darkness and use scare and kill tatics, that doesn't change much at all. zzz He would be doing the killing instead of people, assuming his plan even worked. (though I'm speculating on sasuke's specific actions, you aren't doing much different for naruto. You cant say for sure how he's going to go about it.)

I thought it was cycle of revenge? Well regardless, revenge can still be there, the people just need to learn to look the other way when its detrimental to keeping general peace, that's really it.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I am not a fan of characters coming back from the dead in general, only in certain situations do I accept it.
I'm not a fan of that either. In which type of situations do you accept it?

And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.
That was a pretty big problem for me. Not just the fact that it makes Minato kind of lame and not live up to his legend in my opinion, but more importantly because it takes away one of the things that made Naruto unique. In fact, I don't really like the fact that so many characters just kind of borrow techniques and personalities and lives from their parents and teachers, not to mention the whole Kage nepotism thing going on. I like that there are recurring themes throughout the generations, but I feel that Kishimoto takes it way too far.

Lorde

And Minato had to turn into a Naruto rip-off just to be relevant in this fight. I love Minato, but the fact that Kishi made him a Naruto clone tells you regular Minato can't hang with the big boys.

To be fair though, Kishi lost pretty much all his creativity for making each character's jutsu unique in the last phase of the war arc, so Minato wasn't the only one who became reductive in terms of jutsu usage and variation. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.