• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

That's why I don't believe this is the ending he had in mind from the beginning. But he chose this ending for convenience sake and money. So he sold out from his real ending, very disappointing IMO.
Please tell me you don't believe this just so you can justify some dislike you may have with the ending.

And it's a mini-series, not a spin-off.

TranquilSea

I hear a lot of comments about Kishimoto selling out, and quite frankly, as someone who has followed this series for 11 years, I don't get it. The story really took a nosedive in quality after the Invasion of Pain arc, but everything after Kaguya's defeat has been solid enough to make me fall in love with the series again. There are a lot of loose ends untied (for now), but we all know writing long stories isn't Kishi's forte.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
For me the series did peak at the Pain Invasion arc, but not everything has been downright horrible. I did like chapter 700 for the most part and everyone knows my opinion on chapter 699. Yeah a bunch of characters are just inconsistent all the time but what can you do? The war arc had some stupid stuff in it. Mainly the Edo Tensei spamming and bringing Orochimaru back when he didn't need to return. Easily my biggest complaint of the Naruto series. Second would be them ruining my favorite Uchiha, Obito. Making him Fakedara and the real Madara some last minute super villain that Naruto's never even met before. Great move. But it's still not as bad as Orochimaru coming back. worst thing this series ever did.

TranquilSea

I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?
The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

diakyu

And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

It kinda was the better of the big 3.

One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.

Lorde

It kinda was the better of the big 3.

One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.

I agree about Bleach, but One Piece is consistently good in my view, whereas Naruto had consistency and pacing issues during most of Part 2.

One of my issues with Part 2 was that villages like Kusagakure and Takigakure had no real roles.

from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
naruto
sasuke
shikamaru
itachi
obito(not in a good way but still)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
naruto
sasuke
shikamaru
itachi
obito(not in a good way but still)

Hey! What about Kakashi? He started off as a arrogant elite jerk that needed a wake up call. LOl, sorry just the Kakashi fan in me talking.

I would also add Gaara and Neji to the developed list. More Gaara. I'd say he changed more then Itachi did. Itachi is the worlds greatest actor, worthy of a award. But I wouldn't say he changed that much over the course. We just learned what he was really up to. But yeah, the other names you listed are pretty accurate.

TranquilSea

The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.

greninjamaster

The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

This is false, Kishi will not be writing part 3 this has been confirmed. His assistant will be writing part 3. Kishi is moving on.

And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).

Yes P3 which is basically just short stories will be written by his assistant. However how long will part 3 last is anyone's guess.

The fact that Kishi is not writing it does not bode well for it's longevity. We all remember Dragonball GT after all don't we?

greninjamaster

I also have to say I do not like Hinata, I think for the most part she did nothing during the manga and was useless throughout the entire thing. That being said I would not have minded NH HAD it been shown development. Which well we all know it did not get barely any development. Like I said before who ends up with who and whom sleeps with who is not something I really care for.

This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?

Yes I know a movie is coming out to explain Naruto and Hinata but that's just the problem. Why does he need a movie? He had 700 chapters that is plenty of time to develop relationships and now all of a sudden in a movie we're gonna get flashbacks that were never brought up in the manga. Hinata is coming to the forefront because of a forced plot in the movie and in this movie Naruto will fall for Hinata. This movies been in development for 2 years, this manga has been 15 years in the making. Something's not right in this timeline if NH was always the plan. Never in the history of anime have I ever heard a MOVIE being used to explain something in the manga. Never and the reason is because movies in the anime world are highly regarded as FILLER and only used for the anime companies purpose to make money off a brand. So this movie to me reeks of making one last cheap buck off the fanbase and I'm not okay with that.

The only anime movie I watched was Pokemon The First Movie and that was because I was 9 years old and obsessed with everything Pokemon back then.

The manga should tell your story for you not a 2 hour movie.

Last edited:

Lorde

I never really saw Kakashi as a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I never really saw Kakashi has a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.

Lorde, those are fighting words! How can you say that? Kakashi is the cooliest of the cool! He didn't get super development over the series, but he did change...through his chronicles. Outside his chronicles? No, he didn't change at all. The character didn't have too. Skill wise I always thought Kakashi was great. Just not compared to the Super Freak Club, because those guys are just that. Super freaks and not ninjas. Kakashi is a true ninja.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.

Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin

TranquilSea

Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin
Point taken. That said, too often, "losing fights" isn't necessarily a reason for it being better. It's the nature of a shounen to have the protagonists win in the end, and I'm one of those who prefer it when an author doesn't beat around the bushes. Powerful attacks that seem like they can obliterate a character lose a lot of its impact when you know that character taking it will survive just because they're a key protagonist.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.

This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?
I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Finally decided to read the last two chapters last night. Was that Orochimaru stalking Sasuke, or Karin? Sarada has Karin's stalkerish attitude, and why have glasses when her parents don't? Maybe Karin is most likely like an aunt now, and her attitude probably washed off into her. Having children in Ch700 despite the undeveloped relationships was most likely caused by the baby boomers effect that we also experienced in real life after WWII. This would make sense for pairings like Sai x Ino and Choji x Karui, whom only had about 2-3 years of relationship to progress enough to have children.

The near decade long timeskip from The Last to Chapter 700 is gonna be beneficial to telling side stories of life post war. Personally, I'd love the anime to do stories in this gap. Maybe have one gag episode where all the women say they're pregnant. Of course it's not a gag since they have children, but more like exaggerate the men's reactions. How would Shikamaru react if Temari told him he was pregnant? Lee has a son, so maybe have a gag where Lee and Gai are feeling old and have them do one of their manly cry again. Or maybe just show life in the village now that almost everyone has settled, and all is at peace again.

Btw, what was up with the city full of buildings above Konoha? Amegakure also has buildings, but they don't look very modern. They have shown TVs, camera monitors, and even electricity, but now Naruto has a laptop? Is there an Apple Store also somewhere in the village? The village below is all wood, yet just above the mountain heads is most likely a booming city made of concrete and steel. Will I see Kiba driving around in a Lambo to impress his cat lover girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.