• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greninjamaster

A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.

I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
so did gaara get his beast back or what

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So aside from revealing jutsu names, character birthdays and nature types, did the 4th databook reveal any new interesting tidbits of information?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Didn't B get his back?

Naruto is the only Jinchuuriki left. Gyūki is still with B, but no longer inside him. How awesome is it having a giant octopus bull thing following you around?

Anyone have any opinions on the modern buildings above Konoha? They're clearly in the same vicinity, so it's weird having a village made of wood, yet just by looking up, you have a city built with concrete and steel. Giant change right in front of your eyes.

Lorde

Naruto is the only Jinchuuriki left. Gyūki is still with B, but no longer inside him. How awesome is it having a giant octopus bull thing following you around?

But the Hachibi appeared in B's inner mind as usual while he was meditating at the Falls of Truth. :confused:

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
But the Hachibi appeared in B's inner mind as usual while he was meditating at the Falls of Truth. :confused:

Hmm yeah he does. So when he said he's gonna stay with B, it was to stay inside him rather than something like living in the lake just outside the Cloud Village.

HoennMaster

I was surprised that Tsunade made it to the end alive.

I'm glad she did partly just to spite the people who keep speculating when she was going to die. My only problem with her being alive is how she retired as Hokage. I realize she is in her mid-50's, but Kakashi clearly retired not too many years after becoming Hokage as well. Three short spanning Hokages in a row just bugs me a tad.

And it's a mini-series, not a spin-off.

....................A spin-off can be a mini-series.........................

Maybe have one gag episode where all the women say they're pregnant

I'm disappointed no one has put together a pregnant meme for chapter 700 yet. Wait to fail internet!

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm glad she did partly just to spite the people who keep speculating when she was going to die. My only problem with her being alive is how she retired as Hokage. I realize she is in her mid-50's, but Kakashi clearly retired not too many years after becoming Hokage as well. Three short spanning Hokages in a row just bugs me a tad.

I'm disappointed no one has put together a pregnant meme for chapter 700 yet. Wait to fail internet!
Tsunade did create prosthetic arms for Sasuke and Naruto, so maybe she decided to quit being a Hokage and go back to advancing her medical researches. It's a good thing she's half Senju, half Uzumaki, or else she'd be feeling her age. As for Kakashi, he's most likely in his early 40s by Chapter 700. That's still very young. Even Hiruzen was still rocking as Hokage at his early age 50s before passing on the title to Minato. There doesn't seem to be much reason for having a successor so early when he was still young and capable, and there was peace in the world that he didn't need Naruto to protect the village.

I can see a Dolan meme where he goes in and sees everyone had children. There have been so many Bolt/Himawari/Sarada fanart. One that cracked me up was Bolt movie poster parody (the cartoon one about the dog named Bolt). Chouchou being the hamster was gold.

I wonder who Lee married. Tenten or some other unknown girl? He deserves someone hot for surviving being a ninja who can only use Taijutsu and managing to kick Madara right in the kisser. It looks like other than Asuma and Kurenai, none of Kakashi's generation bore children. I would have been fine with Kakashi x Shizune or Anko, but nothing happened. Shizune is the Hokage's assistant once again, ad Anko are too much dumpling and became a normal Academy Teacher. Gai became handicapped, and Ao and Genma and all the other Jonins aren't important enough to have development.

J Ken

RAVE
I also have to say I do not like Hinata, I think for the most part she did nothing during the manga and was useless throughout the entire thing. That being said I would not have minded NH HAD it been shown development. Which well we all know it did not get barely any development. Like I said before who ends up with who and whom sleeps with who is not something I really care for.

This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?

Yes I know a movie is coming out to explain Naruto and Hinata but that's just the problem. Why does he need a movie? He had 700 chapters that is plenty of time to develop relationships and now all of a sudden in a movie we're gonna get flashbacks that were never brought up in the manga. Hinata is coming to the forefront because of a forced plot in the movie and in this movie Naruto will fall for Hinata. This movies been in development for 2 years, this manga has been 15 years in the making. Something's not right in this timeline if NH was always the plan. Never in the history of anime have I ever heard a MOVIE being used to explain something in the manga. Never and the reason is because movies in the anime world are highly regarded as FILLER and only used for the anime companies purpose to make money off a brand. So this movie to me reeks of making one last cheap buck off the fanbase and I'm not okay with that.

The only anime movie I watched was Pokemon The First Movie and that was because I was 9 years old and obsessed with everything Pokemon back then.

The manga should tell your story for you not a 2 hour movie.

According to this interview Kishi clearly admits himself that there wasn't as much romance because he isn't good at it and is embarrassed when he tries. Along with that there is someone on the production team of The Last that has actual experience with romantic films so that also explains why they saved the romance for this film.

Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.
From the same interview Kishi also says that he will continue releasing Naruto chapters in spring so it's safe to say that he'll be involved with the mini-series.

Lorde

According to this interview Kishi clearly admits himself that there wasn't as much romance because he isn't good at it and is embarrassed when he tries. Along with that there is someone on the production team of The Last that has actual experience with romantic films so that also explains why they saved the romance for this film.

So does his lack of experience with romance subplots explain why he paired up Sakura with Sasuke, aka the guy who tried to kill her?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So does his lack of experience with romance subplots explain why he paired up Sakura with Sasuke, aka the guy who tried to kill her?

I think that may be the most logical reason. SakuraXSasuke may have not been developed properly, but you do have to admit that it had at least some kind of build up, even if it was poorly done, compared to the other Sasuke shippings.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Would it count as a SasuSaku denial if I say I don't think Sarada is Sakura's biological daughter? Granted we've only seen a few pages of her, but other than her "SHAAAAAANNAROOOO!", she's very reminiscent of Karin. I don't think Sasuke is cheating on Sakura, but rather he met Karin during his redemption journey, and came back to Konoha with her child and decide to marry Sakura.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Or maybe Sarada is just an ironic child.

You'd think she'd look like either her father or mother, but she actually looks like a friend of the father who was also madly in love with him.

Just a guess, don't take it too seriously.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Sarada looks like Sakura with black hair and glasses (look at her bangs too). The Karin resemblance is almost surely a coincidence. I don't think Kishi put as much thought and creativity in this final chapter as he should have (although I personally like Sasuke and Sarada's ch. 700 character designs).

Also, I really like that Rock Lee looks the same except for his buffed-out arms. And has anyone ever seen Shikamaru with his hair down? Perhaps at a hot spring...?

Red and Blue

Would it count as a SasuSaku denial if I say I don't think Sarada is Sakura's biological daughter? Granted we've only seen a few pages of her, but other than her "SHAAAAAANNAROOOO!", she's very reminiscent of Karin. I don't think Sasuke is cheating on Sakura, but rather he met Karin during his redemption journey, and came back to Konoha with her child and decide to marry Sakura.

Sasuke implied that he started to grow feelings for Sakura at the end of 699. It would definitely be cheating on Sasuke's part.

Besides, raising Karin's child would only make Sakura more pathetic. Don't you think she would have enough self respect not to raise the child of the woman who Sasuke cheated on her with?

Status
Not open for further replies.