• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
And to this day I still don't like the idea of Sasuke being pardoned. Now obviously they couldn't have left him in jail because they needed a sequel, but I feel like he should served a little more time than that.

Otherwise a beautifully done finale.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I enjoyed the episode. I laughed when Naruto had to go back to school to study so that he can become a jonin lol.
Also when did Sakuras hair grow down to her back? I don't think I actually noticed the change of her hair length until near the end of this week's episode lol

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Its seems there will be fillers starting episode 480:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/10...to-run-character-shorts-starting-episode-480/

and the new opening and new ending will debut in episode 480.

IS it even filler when they've finished the canon stuff? That last episode was chapter 699 stuff and beside the epilogue the rest is basically Boruto. I do like that they cleared up a few things like Naruto studying to become Hokage, although if they're killing time they might have put some time into the last minute pairings and Sasuke finding a way to make up for his many crimes.

And to this day I still don't like the idea of Sasuke being pardoned. Now obviously they couldn't have left him in jail because they needed a sequel, but I feel like he should served a little more time than that.

It kind of works better if you think of Sasuke's journey to find more about Kaguya and explore as a self-imposed exile until he's ready to return. But he definitely should have had a more difficult atonement and Sakura in particular let him off too easy.

Red and Blue

Wonder why Naruto got promoted to Jonin in the anime and not the manga? Guess Kishi didn't have time to cover it

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Wonder why Naruto got promoted to Jonin in the anime and not the manga? Guess Kishi didn't have time to cover it

He never became Jonin.

It makes little sense to jump from Genin to Kage (Garara was a special case) but it's what came out of Kishi's mouth himself.

Though I question if he even knew what he was talking about.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

He never became Jonin.

It makes little since to jump from Genin to Kage (Garara was a special case) but it's what came out of Kishi's mouth himself.

Though I question if he even knew what he was talking about.

Isn't he in the process to become one though? Iruka just said it would take two years

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I'd like to imagine that whole scene is just anime filler, and Naruto didn't actually do any sort of studying until post The Last at the very earliest.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
IS it even filler when they've finished the canon stuff?

Hmmm I guess technically it's not filler, but from my standpoint the new episodes aren't even necessary cuz all the things that'll occur from now on are just a way of milking the anime. And with no canon material left to cover, the anime will just make up its own subplots, which doesn't sound too good to me since that has been one of Shippuden's weak points in my view. :[

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Last week's episode was great and as for this week, we got new opening, which shows Konoha 11 in their The Last's designs and Naruto finally becoming The Hokage and the episode showed Naruto and Hinata's first encounter, which was shown in the The Last and we got new ending in which Naruto became Ace of Diamond.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
For what it's worth, the light novels will be adapted after this run of flashback episodes ends.

uber gon

Accept Change
If you're he last ninja alive, does that technically mean Boruto surpassed Naruto eventually? That's kind of what I got from what Sasuke said in light of that beginning part in this series.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The newest Boruto chapter was ok. I liked how Boruto finally ditched the jutsu device and how he put on Naruto's old jacket. Sasuke encouraging him by calling him a loser was funny and I'm glad that Gaara's tagging along to save Naruto.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
The newest Boruto chapter was ok. I liked how Boruto finally ditched the jutsu device and how he put on Naruto's old jacket. Sasuke encouraging him by calling him a loser was funny and I'm glad that Gaara's tagging along to save Naruto.

Wait we're still at that part only? Dude, I feel old now that the year is ending and this has not even begun.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Boruto 007 is out. Just a a whole lot of panels of a fight I'm not interested in.

1 or 2 till we move on from the movie. Depending on the pacing.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
I finally watched The Last and the movie was nice and here's a few points i want to say about the movie:
1.I didnt like the idea of Naruto magically falling in love in Hinata and his relationship with her was developed in a movie that lasts about two hours, but at least it was explained in the movie and i also remember someone here pointed it out:during the two years time skip between chapter 699 and the movie, Naruto confessed his feelings to Sakura, but she rejected him because she still loved Sasuke and there wasnt much time to start the whole thing between Naruto and Hinata.
2.The movie showed a lot of moments of Naruto and Hinata and even added two more, but it didnt show two important moment with one being Naruto shocked by Neji's death and slapped by Hinata and then he takes her hand and thanks her for always being by his side and the second one being Hinata's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream.
3.Sakura and Hanabi tell Hinata to confess her feelings to Naruto, but she already did that when Naruto was captured by Pain, but i guess nobody know about that except for Hinata and Naruto.
4.I liked the fact Sai took part of the mission and got time screen in the movie because he's one of my favorites characters.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing teamwork involving Kurotsuchi and Chojuro and Gaara and Darui when they fought those Rinnegan guys, plus Naruto's little chat with Boruto was sweet. At least the action and plot progression in the new chapter was good for once. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.