• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys_attack_mode

Where did you get chapter 330? It isn't on the site that I get it yet.......

Where did you get chapter 330? It isn't on the site that I get it yet.......

TT. Has had it all day.

Also, more boring filler chapters. YAWN

Honestly, Kishi seems like he has NO idea of what he's going to do, or what he's doing in the first place, and is filling the manga with horrible filling.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
It was a bit shocking at first but I've grown to like smoking Shikamaru. I think he's being reckless about facing an Akatsuki member but he's going to be a less lazy, more active tactician ninja which is good. Team 10 takes off the kid gloves.

Despite my criticism for where Kishimoto's taking the series, 330 was DEFINITELY better written AND the pacing was better distributed than last week's and the infamous "Fight Time Skip Sasuke" wastes of panels.

Not saying Kishi's taken a page from Oda with the "give everyone their time of day" principle and write it like it's the final chapter.

I am going to have to disagree with BattleFranky~40 on this one. The chapter wasn't boring, it's just how it deals with downtime. Asuma's dead, give the guy a funeral. His students, his lover and even his nephew Konohamaru reflect on it. Naruto was in the middle of training when he was interrupted BUT he finally makes progress (and if we never have to deal with a training chapter for a while, thank you God!), meanwhile Shikamaru grows up a bit.

You don't expect to just to forget about the guy completely after he died and assume the funeral passed already. Granted they probably didn't focus too much on the burial, so much as it was setting the mood for a character's revenge.

This is how a Naruto chapter should be paced. No nonsense, no superfluous panels wasted on drawing out battles, no training ad nauseum (but please, no more Rasengan upgrades. There's other jutsu in the world...and maybe Chakra weapons as well). We know Naruto's training can be compressed thanks to Kage Bunshin (imagine how ripped he can get in a matter of DAYS), so STOP FORCING LONG TRAINING ARCS ON US.

Try giving us a proper view of other villages besides those in Fire Country for example...does Thunder have electric cars? Is Stone a Chinese-motif village? Is Grass known for its usage of medicine and poisons? You know something like that, because the worse you can do is leave it to the imagination of the Studio Pierrot writers and that's like having a monkey take a dump in a Chocolate Lava Cake.

Oh yes and Naruto's pretty bad at handling direct admiration from his teacher. Silly Naruto!

One thing I will agree with many critics of the series is that there are things that arise but it will be a LONG ARSE TIME before fan speculation is answered.

What's up with ROOT? What is Sai's intention? Orochimaru seems to want Konoha to take care of Akatsuki as they also pose a threat, will he ever clash with any members (Oro vs. Hidan is a tough call)? Will Sasuke? How have the OTHER rookies grown? You know, don't leave these stones unturned into the last moment Kishi. The pressure's picking up but you gotta demonstrate grace under fire...cause the work really gets to you when your manga's popular.

My future speculation:
Gai opens the 8th gate at some point
Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan is explained
Sakura learns nothing, pretty much peaked after Tsunade's training *lame*
Gaara finds love
Kurenai is preggers
Sasuke is ready

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
I cannot believe Kakashi is gay. I didn't think he'd roll like that. Oh well, Naruto knows now.
Chapter was really good, but it had no originality whatsoever. The design and story was good though.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Sakura learns nothing, pretty much peaked after Tsunade's training *lame*

Speaking of Sakura, she looks fugly in this chapter. D:

fat + ugly = fugly (or f*cking ugly, whichever you prefer :F)

BTW, what the hell, Naruto looks older in this panel (Konohamaru is also looking weird there, and of course, ugly Sakura)-

[IMG139]http://xs308.xs.to/xs308/06455/p11.png[/IMG139]

I cannot believe Kakashi is gay. I didn't think he'd roll like that. Oh well, Naruto knows now.

Lawl, you wish Kakashi were gay. :D

Last edited:

absol attacker

go, my army!
Try giving us a proper view of other villages besides those in Fire Country for example...does Thunder have electric cars? Is Stone a Chinese-motif village? Is Grass known for its usage of medicine and poisons? You know something like that, because the worse you can do is leave it to the imagination of the Studio Pierrot writers and that's like having a monkey take a dump in a Chocolate Lava Cake.
i myself would like to hear more about the rain village.

BTW, what the hell, Naruto looks older in this panel (Konohamaru is also looking weird there, and of course, ugly Sakura)-

Lawl, you wish Kakashi were gay. :D
holy crap, it's Yondaime! no, wait. my bad.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Is that Konahamaru? Wow, he looks much different then before. Also, lets hope they expand more on other charaters.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!

Seriously, jeez Sakura. Maybe you SHOULD grow your hair back and go for a new style. You'll never get boys looking like a mangirl.

Come on Naruto, you could do BETTER.

Naruto always looks cooler without his forehead protector. Now that the "Pubes No Jutsu" has taken place, he should definitely consider getting some action...that doesn't involve missions.

But again Naruto needs to get himself some freaking SPEED and STRENGTH training. Something serious, learning one OMGZ NOT EVN FOURTH HOKAGE CULD MASTR WIND NATURE RASENGAN!!!1 isn't going to magically put him on Sasuke's level.

He stole a Jounin scroll to learn Kage Bunshin

It was by SHEER CHANCE he met up with Jiraiya to control Kyuubi AND learn summoning to beat some sense into Neji and kick Gaara's *** back to reality.

He pushed himself to learn Rasengan even harder to WIN A FREAKING BET (plus his wallet was stolen, just to raise the stakes).

What other new Jutsu has Naruto learned?

-Charged up Rasengan with MORE Chakra, making it a BIG BALL RASENGAN
-Wind Nature Rasengan with possibly MORE cutting and explosive power than before (let's wait and see, it could be even crazier than that preconceived notion)

Okay, if he perfects Rasengan will Kishimoto PLEASE let the boy learn more useful Jutsu? I mean 3 years...Jiraiya...Forbidden Jutsu, COME ON!

At least we have a reason to love how Naruto can spam Kage Bunshin and Tajuu Kage Bunshin for something TECHNICALLY useful this time.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Okay, if he perfects Rasengan will Kishimoto PLEASE let the boy learn more useful Jutsu? I mean 3 years...Jiraiya...Forbidden Jutsu, COME ON!

At least we have a reason to love how Naruto can spam Kage Bunshin and Tajuu Kage Bunshin for something TECHNICALLY useful this time.

Ha, it's funny how Shikamaru got more development in his character in one chapter (330) than Naruto has gotten in the entire Part II. XD

Kishi really needs to do something about Naruto's character, since he's not any different and he hasn't shown any new techniques yet.
I mean, he didn't even get that blade from Asuma, Shikamaru did! o_O

Now that he's also on bishie level, he should probably also stop wearing those ugly-a** clothes and forehead protector. x_x

C'mon, Kishimoto, you can do better than that...

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
Ha, it's funny how Shikamaru got more development in his character in one chapter (330) than Naruto has gotten in the entire Part II. XD

Must you speak the truth? It's sad and hurtful ;)

Anyways, I'd put more confidence behind Shikamaru's growth over the death of his sensei and good friend than Naruto has over his worries for Sasuke.

Come on kid, just because you did something the 4th didn't doesn't automatically put you at his level. How about more Wind-Nature techniques to use?

Sasuke got a hold of Thunder nature AND worked on hundreds of other jutsu as well. Plus his body (or drugged out body) and gained the proper usage of a weapon.

Face it kid, you're as good as naked in the battlefield if you're going to face him.

On a slightly unrelated not, you know who Sakura looks like in that last shot? GRANDMA CHIYO! That's in a DERISIVE manner by the way.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Sasuke is a whiney little punk. "OMGZ! my boder killz me family! Th4t m4ans i should g3t a fanbase too!"

God, shut up. Shikamaru, despite being a coward doesn't need a curse mark to get better.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
God, shut up. Shikamaru, despite being a coward doesn't need a curse mark to get better.

You do know that Shikamaru takes up smoking, sports a badass weapon and is willing to go against the guy who brutally murdered his best friend and mentor head on even though he knows it's someone BEYOND a regular Jounin's level right without anyone...not even the Hokage's approval right?

Not to mention character development does extend beyond power...but hey, I'm not here to argue.

You do know that Shikamaru takes up smoking, sports a badass weapon and is willing to go against the guy who brutally murdered his best friend and mentor head on even though he knows it's someone BEYOND a regular Jounin's level right without anyone...not even the Hokage's approval right?

Not to mention character development does extend beyond power...but hey, I'm not here to argue.
Apparently, using the shadows and an actual strategy makes him a coward.

absol attacker

go, my army!
i believe he called himself a coward in the rescue sasuke arc, but he's changed just like other characters over the skip.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
He refrers to himself as the #1 Coward in the Chunin exam arc. Unless that was only the anime.

Anyway, I can't believe Shikamaru trook up smoking. So who is this guy Team 10 is looking for? Hidan?

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
Yup Hidan, most likely revenge. Most likely they get saved by Naruto's team and he uses his new technique as a test run or something I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.