• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Karin's crush on Sasuke borders fangirl status, there is no development and there are times I wish Karin would grow up, especially like Sakura who has matured and Hinata who has always been mature about who they really love, Sakura's love for Sasuke is very mature, but there was a time when it also bordered fangirlism, but eventually she matured about it and loves Sasuke for who he is, even if he walked down a dark road, as for Hinata and her love for Naruto it has always been mature and has a very strong chance of blossoming into true love after this war, meaning we still have to wait for a very long time, just wish Kishi would end this war already.

i dont know why but i ship kakashi and mei(probably the only one) to me they seem like a cute couple

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sasuke X Karin drives me insane. I like it. I love Karin's reaction whenever he bites her lol.

Sexual innuendo, nuff said.

I think it's the worst pairing in the series and the fact that it was almost canon at one point gives me the creeps to be honest. I like Karin as a character, but her obsession over Sasuke is unhealthy, even more so than Sakura's obsession with him. I don't think they have much in common anyway. I really don't like crazy ships like Sasuke x Karin. I'd much rather ship Sasuke with Sakura since that seems like a possible pairing in the future.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I love both NaruSaku and NaruHina, but I honestly say Hinata should be with Naruto. If anyone deserves to be with Naruto, it's definitely her!
I really don't know where people get this "Hinata deserves Naruto" stuff... She had her chance to actually make that real when everyone was shunning Naruto, but no, she just stood behind bushes and buildings watching as Naruto was either scalded or tormented or just flat out alone. The first actual girl to support Naruto was the girl he has a crush on, his own teammate, Sakura Haruno. Hinata did not outright support Naruto till after Sakura did.

Sakura confession to Naruto was a lie ,she tells Naruto that she loves him so he will stop hurting himself just for her, and she is trying to convince herself that she has to give up on Sasuke. that's why she is so sad looking.

She would have confessed earlier or in another place if she really wanted to tell him she loved him, not right there just to stop Naruto from attacking.
Everyone just loves to look at this and say it's a lie... (not sure how you fake a blush, but I digress), but even if she truly was, it was for a greater cause that everyone loves throwing out just cause Naruto said he hates people who lie to themselves (of which he only truly got suspicious after she started saying Sasuke was no one to her). She was willing to literally have Naruto hate her the rest of her life just to keep him safe, of which Sai points out. Sakura planned everything out, she just couldn't tell Naruto that her plan was to kill Sasuke after how much he protested against the thought of abandoning the promise he made to her and himself.

Her confession was really no worst then Hinata who basically committing suicide in front of Naruto...

(And yes, I did wait two months to respond to this lol XD)

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Okay yes, Sakura did lie to Naruto, but it was for his own good, to protect him, so her false confession did have pure intentions but the fact remains Sakura had no idea what was really going on, that is the main reason why he remained tight lipped about the information Obito gave him. on the other hand Hinata had to jump in and try to save Naruto, in fact if Hinata didn't jump in Naruto would have been taken away and had Kurama extracted, plus it was Hinata's last chance to make a confession, Hinata saved Naruto's life through willing sacrifice, so what if it was a suicide mission, I didn't see anyone else have the courage to go against Naruto's orders, only she did, plus she proved that she loves Naruto by showing the willingness to sacrifice herself for him.

also Sai didn't know any better either, it was the fact that he jumped the gun because of a book, in reality he has no idea what real human emotion is because it has been repressed by his time in Danzo's Anbu-Root corp. his jumping to conclusion led to a guilt trip, Sakura was guilty because she thought she was the cause of Naruto's pain and the fact that Sai thought Naruto was in love with Sakura to which there is no evidence of that being the case.

Yes Naruto got suspicious after Sakura mentioned Sasuke and compared Naruto to him. Plus the promise of a lifetime at that time meant nothing after Obito pointed out everything, the fact that he was using Sasuke for his own plans and blah blah blah. Naruto wasn't going to save Sasuke for Sakura anymore, it was more to save him because he still thought of Sasuke as a brother. chapter 469 and 470 was where NaruSaku got it's resolve, as of yet NaruHina hasn't been given that luxury, and I do see NaruHina being resolved in a positive manner some time this year, most likely late this year.

Joltik-Kid

Okay yes, Sakura did lie to Naruto, but it was for his own good, to protect him, so her false confession did have pure intentions but the fact remains Sakura had no idea what was really going on, that is the main reason why he remained tight lipped about the information Obito gave him. on the other hand Hinata had to jump in and try to save Naruto, in fact if Hinata didn't jump in Naruto would have been taken away and had Kurama extracted, plus it was Hinata's last chance to make a confession, Hinata saved Naruto's life through willing sacrifice, so what if it was a suicide mission, I didn't see anyone else have the courage to go against Naruto's orders, only she did, plus she proved that she loves Naruto by showing the willingness to sacrifice herself for him.
Naruto had an ample amount of time to think of a plan while Pain stood there doing what villains always seem to do, rant about there plans. Instead of that thought, he had to watch someone who just confessed to him basically get killed in front of his eyes. With all the rage that went through him, Naruto was going to die releasing the Nine Tails, with no one available to stop him. If not for Minato's proper planning of thinking an event would trigger this, the Nine Tails would have destroyed everything, including Naruto.

[img139]http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/2e61a0051e562dfb92523a5aa19c9c2a/http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac49/xxxholic1/tumblr_mb2mjqyNMZ1rs5cxro1_500.gif[/img139]

also Sai didn't know any better either, it was the fact that he jumped the gun because of a book, in reality he has no idea what real human emotion is because it has been repressed by his time in Danzo's Anbu-Root corp. his jumping to conclusion led to a guilt trip, Sakura was guilty because she thought she was the cause of Naruto's pain and the fact that Sai thought Naruto was in love with Sakura to which there is no evidence of that being the case.
Sai knows a lot more then you give him credit for... And you say there's nothing to indicate Naruto loves Sakura, well the same is true with Hinata. What we as readers are suppose to believe is that Naruto does love Sakura, as that's what's written down in clearly printed text until otherwise stated.

Yes Naruto got suspicious after Sakura mentioned Sasuke and compared Naruto to him. Plus the promise of a lifetime at that time meant nothing after Obito pointed out everything, the fact that he was using Sasuke for his own plans and blah blah blah. Naruto wasn't going to save Sasuke for Sakura anymore, it was more to save him because he still thought of Sasuke as a brother. chapter 469 and 470 was where NaruSaku got it's resolve, as of yet NaruHina hasn't been given that luxury, and I do see NaruHina being resolved in a positive manner some time this year, most likely late this year.
Lol, that's a good joke there bro... that was not a resolve, in fact Naruto never stated he hated Sakura. Naruto said "I... hate people who lie to themselves" notice he hesitated to say that, not to mention just about everyone who matters in this manga lies at one point. We find out later that Naruto was also lying to himself at the Waterfall of Truth... he didn't want to accept that people actually cared for him, he was insecure about his relations with the village. That's what his Dark half represented, while he was hiding behind his personality. Does Naruto hate himself too?

So no, a resolve is when two sides settle things either by getting together or explaining why things wouldn't work, I saw neither of that.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Okay yes Minato did save Naruto in one way by resealing Kurama, but Naruto was also the one that gave Hinata credit remember chapter 559? he said it himself while remembering her intervention of Pein, as I said, if Hinata didn't have the courage to jump in Naruto would never have met his father and would have been taken away from village and had Kurama extracted, Hinata was given credit by Naruto himself, the same character who said he hates people who lie themselves.

Plus it was pretty much explained some 4 chapters later, Naruto accepted the fact that Sakura would never be able to return his crush, he knows and is fully aware that Sakura will always love Sasuke. Let's point this one out, why did Sakura's plan to kill Sasuke fail? Simple, it wasn't fear prevented her from killing him in the first place, her love for Sasuke that prevented her from moving on, she couldn't go through with it, because even though she seemed strong on the outside, on the inside she was having a hard time accepting the fact that she would have to kill the one (Sasuke) she truly loves.

So here is another interesting point, NaruSaku is a paring driven by another character, Sasuke, the only reason why Sakura supported Naruto more was because Sasuke who had a go at her for knowing very little, that also in turn made Sakura realise what kind of person Sasuke is, helped her make her choice, the main part of Naruto's and Sakura's friendship is based a lot on trying to bring Sasuke back to the village, that pretty much is rendered pointless not only because of Obito, but because he came back in his own way that didn't involve Naruto and Sakura those other characters were the four previous Hokage and Itachi.

Lorde

I ship Kakashi with Tsunade :p

I ship Tsunade with Jiraiya. I know she was involved with Dan at some point, but Jiraiya seemed like a more suitable lover for her imo. I just thought they had more in common since they were part of the Sannin and Jiraiya obviously liked Tsunade. I think Tsunade really liked him too, but Dan's death changed her to the point where she didn't seem to pursue romantic relationships. Alas, Tsunade and Jiraiya would've made a nice couple in my opinion.

I really don't know where people get this "Hinata deserves Naruto" stuff... She had her chance to actually make that real when everyone was shunning Naruto, but no, she just stood behind bushes and buildings watching as Naruto was either scalded or tormented or just flat out alone. The first actual girl to support Naruto was the girl he has a crush on, his own teammate, Sakura Haruno. Hinata did not outright support Naruto till after Sakura did.

Sakura barely supported Naruto in Part 1 though. She argued with him and mocked him several times while she swooned over Sasuke instead. At least Hinata didn't show any malicious behavior towards Naruto whereas Sakura was sort of a bully at the start of the series.

Joltik-Kid

I really shouldn't continue this, it's utterly pointless =.=;

Okay yes Minato did save Naruto in one way by resealing Kurama, but Naruto was also the one that gave Hinata credit remember chapter 559? he said it himself while remembering her intervention of Pein, as I said, if Hinata didn't have the courage to jump in Naruto would never have met his father and would have been taken away from village and had Kurama extracted, Hinata was given credit by Naruto himself, the same character who said he hates people who lie themselves.
Fine, that part did happen, can't argue it.
Plus it was pretty much explained some 4 chapters later, Naruto accepted the fact that Sakura would never be able to return his crush, he knows and is fully aware that Sakura will always love Sasuke. Let's point this one out, why did Sakura's plan to kill Sasuke fail? Simple, it wasn't fear prevented her from killing him in the first place, her love for Sasuke that prevented her from moving on, she couldn't go through with it, because even though she seemed strong on the outside, on the inside she was having a hard time accepting the fact that she would have to kill the one (Sasuke) she truly loves.
Please, nothing was explained at all bro. You can't say Sai doesn't know anything about Naruto's love and then say he know's Sakura loves Sasuke. It either works both ways (meaning no resolve) or neither work at all (meaning no resolve). And if your really clinging to the fact that Sakura didn't kill Sasuke because of "love" instead of the fact that it would ridiculously anti-climatic to kill Sasuke that early (or at all for that matter), then I don't know what your reading. Sakura doesn't have to kill Sasuke to love Naruto and Sasuke doesn't need to be disposed of for NaruSaku to happen. Sakura's entire reason for loving Sasuke stems from Naruto's stupidity in the first volume of the book. Instead of straight up making Sasuke out to be a jerk, he goes and acts the way he (Naruto) would normally act.

So here is another interesting point, NaruSaku is a paring driven by another character, Sasuke, the only reason why Sakura supported Naruto more was because Sasuke who had a go at her for knowing very little, that also in turn made Sakura realise what kind of person Sasuke is, helped her make her choice, the main part of Naruto's and Sakura's friendship is based a lot on trying to bring Sasuke back to the village, that pretty much is rendered pointless not only because of Obito, but because he came back in his own way that didn't involve Naruto and Sakura those other characters were the four previous Hokage and Itachi.
...do you ever read what you post? Basically, your saying Kishi is writing his main heroin as shallow and in your previous paragraph, your calling Naruto a quitter. Obviously Sasuke is the hero and Hinata is the heroin...what a fool I was.

lol XD

[img139]http://i25.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/325/dragon-ball-1950363.jpg[/img139]
Continue this all you like, I'm done here :)

Sakura barely supported Naruto in Part 1 though. She argued with him and mocked him several times while she swooned over Sasuke instead. At least Hinata didn't show any malicious behavior towards Naruto whereas Sakura was sort of a bully at the start of the series.
By the time Hinata showed up in the manga, Sakura had already accepted Naruto as a comrade... she thought only of Naruto's Dream during the written portion of the Chunin Exams. Tell how that's not support, if not major support?

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
That was all part to Sasuke, Sakura was always talking garbage about Naruto, saying he doesn't know any better, she was still busy swooning over Sasuke, naruto went all out in a fight, and the first person Sakura thanked was Sasuke. Sasuke had a go at Sakura because she was ignorant at the time, after that she supported him more, but by time that had happened Hinata already showed support in Naruto's character. Hinata influenced him in some ways that Sakura couldn't accomplish, in fact in terms of Naruto's character development Sakura isn't that influential.

there are 10 characters that have influenced Naruto's character development and pushed and supported him towards the path he had choosen

Kakashi.
Itachi.
Pein.
Sasuke.
Obito
Hinata.
Jiraiya.
Minato
Kushina
and lastly Iruka

All Sakura pushed in terms of Naruto was for her desire for Naruto to bring Sasuke back to the village.

Lorde

By the time Hinata showed up in the manga, Sakura had already accepted Naruto as a comrade... she thought only of Naruto's Dream during the written portion of the Chunin Exams. Tell how that's not support, if not major support?

Someone pretty much answered this for me already, but I'll just say that while she obviously had a change of heart eventually about Naruto, she still cared more about Sasuke than about him. She placed the burden of finding Sasuke completely on Naruto and it wasn't until Part 2 of the series that she acknowledged how much pain she caused Naruto by doing that. So she did support him a bit as a friend, but I'm not convinced that she is his destined lover given that she did more harm than good to Naruto in general in my opinion.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Also to the point about Sakura being shallow, well no that's not the case, we all know Sakura is a loyal character, nothing wrong with that, but if she were to suddenly change her feelings from Sasuke which she had kept since before he left the village to Naruto for which she has no romantic interest in, then that would make her shallow, remember she was really happy to see Sasuke return, she blushed and ignored Naruto after healing him, in story time that was about 45 minutes ago, but if she was to suddenly fall in love with Naruto who is on his death bed, then that doesn't make her character look good, it would in turn make her shallow.

So by staying in love with one person that she has loved since the early days it would set a positive image for Sakura, that she is loyal to her heart which she allowed for to belong to Sasuke.

now that doesn't mean that Hinata is the main heroine, I do find that Hinata is the unsung heroine of the series, she is there when Naruto needs the moral support as Naruto said himself "thanks Hinata, you have always been by my side," again Naruto's words and if he says that then that is law, it means he appreciates Hinata and the support she has given him, he didn't say Sakura or anyone else, oh and to top it off he held her hand, which he didn't have to do. Also unlike Sakura, Hinata understands Naruto on a much deeper level. in fact I remember reading an interview a while back, Kishi actually felt that Hinata would have made a better main heroine that Sakura, because Hinata had a more interesting story then the pinkette, but that was a while ago and things change over time.

I will say this about the land of Iron, her intentions were pure, but her execution was wrong.

Nodame

Misty <3
OMG that CPR scene, I can't believe that it happened LOL I'm very shocked :| I multi ship in Naruto but I find NaruHina more interesting. However, after the CPR thing. I don't know which pairing I like better LOL I'm confused now. I know that it's only a CPR but the fact that Naruto and Sakura's lips touched is enough :p

I ship Tsunade with Jiraiya. I know she was involved with Dan at some point, but Jiraiya seemed like a more suitable lover for her imo. I just thought they had more in common since they were part of the Sannin and Jiraiya obviously liked Tsunade. I think Tsunade really liked him too, but Dan's death changed her to the point where she didn't seem to pursue romantic relationships. Alas, Tsunade and Jiraiya would've made a nice couple in my opinion.
Oh yeah I loved JirayaxTsunade! it was one of my favs, but I moved on to Kakashi after Jiraya's death, sad.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Dude there is nothing to be confused about, CPR isn't romantic, CPR is a basic skill all medics need to know, plus Naruto is almost dead, it wouldn't be right for Sakura's character to go ahead and full on kiss Naruto in the state that he is in, she is trying to circulate oxygen to try and keep him alive, so in reality it doesn't count as a moment, nothing to be confused about, Sakura doing her job as a medical ninja doesn't make it romantic, I find it very sad that people think it is the case, Sakura is being very professional about it saving Naruto, keeping calm and following the instructions of Gaara.

It would be really inappropriate for a romantic moment considering the situation that is unfolding, I repeat CPR doesn't mean that it is romantic, it is just one way to save a persons life and that is all it is.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Dude there is nothing to be confused about, CPR isn't romantic, CPR is a basic skill all medics need to know, plus Naruto is almost dead, it wouldn't be right for Sakura's character to go ahead and full on kiss Naruto in the state that he is in, she is trying to circulate oxygen to try and keep him alive, so in reality it doesn't count as a moment, nothing to be confused about, Sakura doing her job as a medical ninja doesn't make it romantic, I find it very sad that people think it is the case, Sakura is being very professional about it saving Naruto, keeping calm and following the instructions of Gaara.

It would be really inappropriate for a romantic moment considering the situation that is unfolding, I repeat CPR doesn't mean that it is romantic, it is just one way to save a persons life and that is all it is.
Hehe relax :p I know I know, but I think it's cute :3

Last edited:

Lorde

Regarding the newest Naruto manga chapter:

I personally don't think that Sakura's CPR can be used as a NaruSaku shipping hint. I mean given the state Naruto was in, it just wasn't even remotely romantic in my opinion and Sakura was just trying to save his life. It proves that he's important to her and all that, but I still don't support NaruSaku. Sakura just spent way too much time focusing on Sasuke throughout the series for me to believe that she's suddenly over him and in love with Naruto. I'm sure she'll want to save his life in any way she can once she's done helping Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.