• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodame

Misty <3
^ Agreed. although I thought the CPR was sweet.
The CPR is definitely NOT a hint. It's CPR, nothing more. It's to save a life. I'm a ware of that ( I was kinda exaggerating yesterday lol )
anyways, Naruto does love Sakura, but I don't think she loves him. Her confession was a lie, I think she was feeling guilty for what she has put him through and to stop him from trying to go after Sasuke and she made the most pathetic excuse for why she does not love Sasuke anymore. Naruto even said "I hate people that lies to themselves", Even Naruto doesn't believe that Sakura loves him. I believe she likes him as a friend not as much as relationship status at the moment. Plus, I think she's still obsessed with Sasuke.
As much as I love Sakura, she confuses me..

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
No Besho there is no evidence to suggest that Naruto was ever in love with Sakura, he only has a crush but it never went beyond that level. if anything Naruto accepted the fact that Sakura would never be able to return his crush a long time ago, he accepted it with the promise of a lifetime, when he said Sakura you really must like Sasuke, he was hurt by that, but it was at time when he showed that he needed to swallow his pride and accept that fact and in the land of iron when he said that Sakura loves Sasuke with no hesitation, which showed that he had matured to the point where his crush on Sakura was basically no more. (sure some people might not accept it, but that is the harsh reality of it.) Naruto's crush on Sakura hasn't been brought up in a very long time.

there is nothing to be confused about, she felt guilty because she thought she was the one that caused Naruto all the pain he was suffering, that was only part true, the real antagonists there were Sasuke, because Naruto felt like he failed Sakura by not bringing Sasuke back for her, Obito, for using Sasuke for his own plans and the death of his parents and Sakura for placing a burden on Naruto, there are others like Pein for the death of Jiraiya, Kurama for his loneliness. But Sakura wasn't really fully responsible for his hurt.

Of course Naruto didn't believe Sakura, he knows her better than that, to just suddenly change ones feelings to another would portray Sakura in a positive light.

Now about the comparison of Sakura and Kushina, it now means nothing because all other parallels after that was directed towards Naruto. so this temper comparison isn't really that important anymore

p96822

Evolve me please
So why did Naruto said that Sakura was his GF? that mean he is still attracted to Sakura.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I can't let this go... I want to walk away though >.<
Well no duh CPR isn't romantic... Whoever's trying to use it as such really doesn't pay much attention. No what really is the focus here is the dialogue... This was a character growth chapter no doubt, but hints are hints regardless... The closing sentence sparks the most interest. "That Stupid Dream of Yours... Is right in front of US." Why exactly say us if it doesn't imply something?

kiss+of+life Do with this what you will XD
Make of this as you will, Sakura actually could have given him Oxygen through his nose, but nope, she chose mouth.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Now about the comparison of Sakura and Kushina, it now means nothing because all other parallels after that was directed towards Naruto. so this temper comparison isn't really that important anymore

Speaking of Kushina, given the revelations about Karin's background and abilities, I wish she had interacted more with Naruto in general. I might've shipped Naruto x Karin if she had dropped her Sasuke obsession and focused on Naruto more, but alas. There's still Hinata though and although she's really shy and hasn't done much for Naruto, I still think she'd be a good girlfriend for him. I mean at least she's never harassed him or made fun of him unlike some other female characters.

So why did Naruto said that Sakura was his GF? that mean he is still attracted to Sakura.

When did he say this? I literally don't remember.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome

When Naruto replied to his father he was lying, in fact the question wasn't directed at Naruto, it was directed at Sakura, but when Naruto replied to his Sakura was so displeased with Naruto's answer she head butted him for lying, some might say she didn't say anything against it, but there is a nice saying, actions speak louder than words. Sakura's actions against Naruto's lie is a clear indication in that moment, that she isn't interested in Naruto in a romantic manner. especially since the following chapter Naruto did say that he will no longer joke around Sakura otherwise he might end up as a blood stain, he usually says that after saying something that makes Sakura angry

Nodame

Misty <3
Naruto loves Sakura, and we know that he's NOT the kind of person who changes his mind and feelings easily. He loves Sakura. He said it to Sai, Kakashi knows, Yamato knows. In all honesty, Naruto might still have some feelings for sakura but he knows she loves Sasuke, while Hinata he only thinks of her as a close friend for now. NaruSaku is not canon, but there is just so much more of a possibility for it. I mean NaruHina can at least happen, but it won't be anywhere near as much in terms of development if it did.
Naruto can't just go loving Hinata unless he really was ticked off about what Sakura did and would need closure with her before getting over his crush on her.

It's hard to tell at the moment. We'll have to wait and see these kind of things unfold, but it's typical for Kishimoto to do these kind of things and leave us at cliff hangers. I mean, they're in the middle of a war so I don't think any of them are really thinking about relationships at this point. Part of me has a feeling that he might end up with Sakura in the end.

Last edited:
I'm more into NaruHina but I gotta admit that Naruto loves Sakura, and we know that he's NOT the kind of person who changes his mind and feelings easily. He loves Sakura. He said it to Sai, Kakashi knows, Yamato knows. In all honesty, Naruto might still have some feelings for sakura but he knows she loves Sasuke, while Hinata he only thinks of her as a close friend for now. NaruSaku is not canon, but there is just so much more of a possibility for it. I mean NaruHina can at least happen, but it won't be anywhere near as much in terms of development if it did.
Naruto can't just go loving Hinata unless he really was ticked off about what Sakura did and would need closure with her before getting over his crush on her.
naruto never said he loves her iirc he only had a crush on her that never evolved, sai is not most reliable source seeing as how he needs books to understand social interactions. there have been more naruhina moments in this war than narusaka(did they have any?) and kishimito actually developed naruhina

Nodame

Misty <3
there have been more naruhina moments in this war than narusaka(did they have any?) and kishimito actually developed naruhina
I know about that adorable moment (chapter 615), but it's still hard to tell which one he'll choose.

Lorde

I think Naruto understands that Sakura still loves Sasuke, so I fully expect his crush on Sakura to wane before the series ends. I just think that everything so far has been building up to Sakura and Sasuke being meant for each other while that leaves Naruto and Hinata imo. Of course Kishi could pull a big plot twist at the end by ignoring Sakura's love for Sasuke and having her end up with Naruto instead, but I would cry foul because that would be such a trollish move imo. :x

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Besho, firstly there is no evidence of Naruto even being in love with Sakura, sure there could have been a chance that it could have gone to that point, but in reality Naruto has accepted the fact that Sakura would always love Sasuke, next there has been little to no development in terms of Naruto's now questionable crush on Sakura, really we haven't seen Naruto's crush on Sakura being brought up in a very long time, it was sometime well before the war when we last saw something to do with his silly little crush, he could have easily have moved on which is most likely the case.

the reason why it isn't right, is because NaruSaku isn't a pairing where the feelings are mutual, Naruto isn't really in love with Sakura and vice versa, but on the other hand NaruHina has received important developments since Hinata's all important confession, now that doesn't mean Naruto would have fallen for her straight away. It is something that needs to be given time, Hinata's confession is still relevant to the story since an answer from Naruto isn't that much of a stretch due to his so far positive reactions after that confession, but when it comes to Sakura's confession, it has already got an answer and it involved Naruto nuking it to a million pieces.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well I don't think that is the case, Kishi has never really trolled NaruHina to the extent he has with NaruSaku.
NaruHina in this war arc has been given all the romantic development and the moments have been well spaced out very nicely. there has been positive development with NaruHina throughout this war and it isn't just on Hinata's side, it is also on Naruto's part as well, NaruHina is the pairing that is most likely to occur due to the positive development, I really haven't seen Kishi troll NaruHina since Naruto entered the war, Kishi is just doing what a lot of us has expected, being realistic, cannot fight a deadly foe while holding a girls hand, that would be pretty dumb.

plus Romance in the series can wait, there is still Madara to deal with.

Lorde

At this point I've already stopped caring about debating over which ships I want. Kishi will obviously continue his trolling ways so I'll just hold on until he stops the trolling and just makes a ship canon.

I still try to remain positive about NaruHina happening. I mean yes Kishi keeps going backwards and forwards about which girl will end up with Naruto, but I still believe that he'll choose Hinata as Naruto's "waifu" in the end. At least I really hope so since she seems perfect for him imo. Anyway, I also hope that Shikamaru and Temari become a pair. I just think they're perfect for each other. :p

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I don't think there is too much to worry about at this stage, right now Naruto's life hangs in the balance and there is the deadliest enemy they have ever faced to this moment, I do find that NaruHina has the advantage, throughout this war and in the last 300 or chapters NaruSaku hasn't been given much to look at, Naruto's now questionable crush hasn't been brought up by Naruto himself in a very long time, it just makes the reader wonder, does Naruto still have this crush on Sakura? I do find that Naruto's little crush wasn't really an important part of his character so it never really developed, so I do find that his crush on Sakura evaporated over time, especially since he has been rejected so many times by Sakura.

I don't think Kishi has gone back and forth since NaruHina has received the much stronger moments since Hinata's all important confession, but hey whatever Kishi decides that's up to him, but I do remember seeing his concept picture of Naruto and Hinata. Plus I see nothing wrong with main hero ending up with supporting girl, I have seen it a few times already.

Nodame

Misty <3
SasuKarin has really grown on me for some reason lol. I like it because... well I think it's funny . And I don't care what others say about it lol.
As for the stabbing part.. well I don't think he meant it. Sasuke was in a bad situation that day. He literally was going to kill everyone. Including Sakura and Kakashi.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
the other pairing I really like is ShikaTema, it seems to work for me as well, we haven't seen too much recently but maybe that is because there are important things to take care of.
as for Sasukarin, well I am still extremely uncertain about it, for all we know Sakura could miss out, but meh, I don't really think that will be the case, she could end up with Rock Lee for all we know, lol.

Nodame

Misty <3
I love ShikaTema mainly because of the so painfully obvious chemistry the two of them share. Their personalities are somewhat opposite but also have similarities. She is troublesome and bossy and he is beyond lazy and cynical. They are so perfect for each other lol :3
http://i61.*******.com/987sl3.jpg

Lorde

SasuKarin has really grown on me for some reason lol. I like it because... well I think it's funny . And I don't care what others say about it lol.
As for the stabbing part.. well I don't think he meant it. Sasuke was in a bad situation that day. He literally was going to kill everyone. Including Sakura and Kakashi.

I think that pairing is interesting and somewhat ironic, but I don't completely support it. Sasuke's a pretty violent character and although that could change by the end of the story, I still don't think that'll change the horrible stuff he's done before. I suppose Karin has done her share of crimes as well, so the appeal of that ship to me is that they're both misguided characters who might understand each other better. I still hope that SasuSaku happens, but SasuKarin would be pretty interesting too.

Nodame

Misty <3
I think that pairing is interesting and somewhat ironic, but I don't completely support it. Sasuke's a pretty violent character and although that could change by the end of the story, I still don't think that'll change the horrible stuff he's done before. I suppose Karin has done her share of crimes as well, so the appeal of that ship to me is that they're both misguided characters who might understand each other better. I still hope that SasuSaku happens, but SasuKarin would be pretty interesting too.
That's pretty much how I feel about SasuKarin. And I have always liked SasuSaku! it gives me butterflies lol, but I also think Sasukarin is interesting and ironic as well, just like you said. So, I like both lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.