• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Typical NaruHina fans...claiming NaruSaku's dead every time Hinata does something with Naruto around, wasn't it suppose to be dead when Hinata made her confession? And now Minato's (likely) gonna see Naruto with Sakura in this upcoming chapter, you don't think a connection will be made?

gohan5

Irisboy
Typical NaruHina fans...claiming NaruSaku's dead every time Hinata does something with Naruto around, wasn't it suppose to be dead when Hinata made her confession? And now Minato's (likely) gonna see Naruto with Sakura in this upcoming chapter, you don't think a connection will be made?

I wouldn't say that. Neither one is clear cut in my eyes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist for both sides. More like typical shippers.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome

Um yeah, but you all also need to remember one small thing Minato knows nothing about Naruto, even though he is Naruto's dad, he has been dead for 16 years so he knows nothing of Naruto's friends, that includes Sakura. all the comparison was about was the tempers both Sakura and Kushina had nothing else more to it than that.

In reality NaruHina still has the overwhelming advantage. Maybe this little picture will shed some light on the matter.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v63/c633/10.html

It does seem pretty clear now, that gentle smile and then the hand squeeze. In reality the argument should have been over by chapter 615 and 633 just solidifies it.

Last edited:

Laylo

Hi. Long time lurker of these forums first time poster and of course it should be here haha. Anyways I'm a NaruSaku fan so I'll just say my 2 cents.

Um yeah, but you all also need to remember one small thing Minato knows nothing about Naruto, even though he is Naruto's dad, he has been dead for 16 years so he knows nothing of Naruto's friends, that includes Sakura. all the comparison was about was the tempers both Sakura and Kushina had nothing else more to it than that.

Irrelevant. It's hard to definitely say what Minato does and doesn't know about the living world other than what he's been told since his revival for one thing.

For another, if it was simply tempers then why didn't Minato make the comparison between Kushina and Karin? Karin was shown to have a quick temper as well and it was even said she was an Uzumaki in front of him but he didn't make the comparison.

And even so, that doesn't explain why he asked Sakura if she was Naruto's girlfriend(and then Naruto answered for her lol). It sort of ties back to Minato's knowledge of Naruto's life because I find it hard to believe he'd see a girl healing Naruto(during a battle no less) and think she might be his girlfriend. My theory is he overheard her speech but eh.

In reality NaruHina still has the overwhelming advantage. Maybe this little picture will shed some light on the matter.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v63/c633/10.html

The only thing that shows is Hinata was inspired once again by Naruto. It's nothing new. Notice Naruto hasn't spared a single thought towards the moment since it happened(and even then he had other things on his mind).

It does seem pretty clear now, that gentle smile and then the hand squeeze. In reality the argument should have been over by chapter 615 and 633 just solidifies it.

So you say but again Naruto hasn't given Hinata any special attention since that moment, called Sakura his sort of girlfriend to his dead father, and now recently her feelings for Sasuke have been put into doubt.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Hi. Long time lurker of these forums first time poster and of course it should be here haha. Anyways I'm a NaruSaku fan so I'll just say my 2 cents.

Irrelevant. It's hard to definitely say what Minato does and doesn't know about the living world other than what he's been told since his revival for one thing.

For another, if it was simply tempers then why didn't Minato make the comparison between Kushina and Karin? Karin was shown to have a quick temper as well and it was even said she was an Uzumaki in front of him but he didn't make the comparison.

And even so, that doesn't explain why he asked Sakura if she was Naruto's girlfriend(and then Naruto answered for her lol). It sort of ties back to Minato's knowledge of Naruto's life because I find it hard to believe he'd see a girl healing Naruto(during a battle no less) and think she might be his girlfriend. My theory is he overheard her speech but eh.

The only thing that shows is Hinata was inspired once again by Naruto. It's nothing new. Notice Naruto hasn't spared a single thought towards the moment since it happened(and even then he had other things on his mind).

So you say but again Naruto hasn't given Hinata any special attention since that moment, called Sakura his sort of girlfriend to his dead father, and now recently her feelings for Sasuke have been put into doubt.

Well there are a few weaknesses in your reply, and I shall point out the reasoning behind it, the first weakness is rather simple, 1. Minato assumed that Sakura was his girlfriend, he saw that Sakura was close by and wondered if that was the case, when you look at Naruto's reply, then compare it with his past replies to the same question, does it really support the NaruSaku pairing? no not really, because his reply again irritated Sakura, the reasoning behind that is due to context, when we look at how Naruto responded when he did to his father it wasn't really a reply that indicated too much romantic interest in the medic nin, but when he replied to the same question to Konahamru, he was more playful, blushing and smiling, again Sakura is repulsed by the idea of being Naruto's girlfriend this is due to the fact that Sakura is in love with Sasuke, there is little questioning it.

weakness number 2. her feelings have been put into doubt, well no, if you look back at the previous page she said she trusted Sasuke, but had a fake smile, Sai noted that what Sakura said was true, but her smile was a lie, now to explain this further Sakura knew that Naruto and Sasuke weren't on the same page, thy were basically at loggerheads with a view between what to do with the Juubi, also the last part of the final paragraph can easily be counter, like all NaruSaku arguments, you have to remember NaruHina moments have come in at certain moment and to force the next one for whatever reason would be inappropriate due to the severity of the situation they are in, so to spare any thought from Naruto's side would be distracting on that part, he needs to do so when everything is finished.

weakness number 3: well this one is one you will not like (plus all of the other NaruSaku fans out there) there is no confirmation that Naruto has gone another level with his crush, sure there has been plenty of times that NaruSaku could have gone one step further, but nothing has ever eventuated, also you say that Naruto hasn't given a single thought after the situation and hasn't given Hinata special attention, well throughout the entire war when Naruto had the interaction with Hinata it has been special, we won't be seeing one for a little while longer, 433 counts as a NaruHina moment because of what was said on the next page.

number 4: Naruto called Sakura his sort of girlfriend, remember you said sort of, again with Naruto's reply, um yeah, I guess if you're splitting hairs I guess... Is that really a reply anyone would have confidence with, now one of my friends is fluent in Japanese he also doesn't pair Naruto with anyone, so he reviewed that small moment and came to a conclusion which I found rather funny. (well it would anger a few people) but that's the thing about being a critical thinker you aren't always going to say things that are popular. my friend said Naruto's reply when he said if you're splitting hairs is Naruto's way of saying that Sakura is a girl and she is a friend, but not in a romantic way. the other thing he noted was Minato was thinking out loud and as I pointed out he jumped to conclusions like 4 other people did in the past and were proven wrong.

on another note, there are two threats to NaruSaku and this one will be a bitter pill to swallow, those threats are not Hinata and Sasuke. those threats are in reality Naruto and Sakura, Sakura because she is still in love with Sasuke and Naruto because he not only accepts the fact that he cannot win Sakura over, but because he has moved on from his crush on Sakura. As I say a fair few times a crush is just a crush, having a crush doesn't mean you will end up with the girl you have a crush on. in the real world do you really end up with your first crush? and I will answer that no you don't (and I speak from personal experience) you are almost assured that you will never end up with you first crush, and I will counter the counter (before you get the chance or anyone else does for that matter) Hinata doesn't have a crush on Naruto, it is a level beyond a crush, she is fully in love with Naruto, and Naruto knows it too.

Laylo

thanks for replying respectfully paul. Spoiler tagging the longer replies because I am embarrassed at writing so much on this(but not too embarrassed to post). Will try not to write this much in the future heh :p/

Well there are a few weaknesses in your reply, and I shall point out the reasoning behind it, the first weakness is rather simple, 1. Minato assumed that Sakura was his girlfriend, he saw that Sakura was close by and wondered if that was the case, when you look at Naruto's reply, then compare it with his past replies to the same question, does it really support the NaruSaku pairing?

About the bold, don't you find it a little strange he asked Sakura that? Think about it, he told Naruto his 'friend' was coming despite having little to no reason to assume Sasuke and Naruto were friends(Sasuke certainly wouldn't have admitted to that).

And if you remember his convo with Naruto after Hinata's confession, he didn't ask Naruto if Hinata was his girlfriend(and before you say he didn't have time keep in mind he had time to ask how old Naruto was. And the ten-tails wasn't done attacking but he still asked Sakura if she was Naruto's girlfriend).

So Minato's overall knowledge of Naruto's life is iffy, but it makes no sense for him to automatically assume that Sakura MIGHT be Naruto's girlfriend just because she was standing next to him healing him. Remember Minato grew up in a war and Tsunade implemented the 'medics are required' system during that time.

no not really, because his reply again irritated Sakura, the reasoning behind that is due to context, when we look at how Naruto responded when he did to his father it wasn't really a reply that indicated too much romantic interest in the medic nin, but when he replied to the same question to Konahamru, he was more playful, blushing and smiling, again Sakura is repulsed by the idea of being Naruto's girlfriend this is due to the fact that Sakura is in love with Sasuke, there is little questioning it.

Noooot quite :p. Naruto's response is different from back then because back then he was 12-years-old and hadn't gone through all this craziness with Sakura yet. Now Naruto is more mature. If we base his response solely on how he acted before, then why not question why his response to reuniting with Sasuke wasn't the same as it was in the beginning of part 2? Does this mean he cares for Sasuke left because he wasn't shocked or something?

Besides Minato asked that question to Sakura and Naruto responded with a straight face. there's nothing that indicates his response should be taken as nonserious.

When Naruto answered Konohamaru Sakura shouted 'WRONG' and hit him. When Naruto answered Minato Sakura shouted 'shut up and focus on healing' and headbutted him. Bit of a difference there in that she didn't deny it.

weakness number 2. her feelings have been put into doubt, well no, if you look back at the previous page she said she trusted Sasuke, but had a fake smile, Sai noted that what Sakura said was true, but her smile was a lie, now to explain this further Sakura knew that Naruto and Sasuke weren't on the same page, thy were basically at loggerheads with a view between what to do with the Juubi, also the last part of the final paragraph can easily be counter,

And what do you think that means? You're right in that Sakura is not happy because she knows Sasuke isn't with him and is fighting for his own side so to speak. More importantly, she doesn't trust him.

like all NaruSaku arguments, you have to remember NaruHina moments have come in at certain moment and to force the next one for whatever reason would be inappropriate due to the severity of the situation they are in, so to spare any thought from Naruto's side would be distracting on that part, he needs to do so when everything is finished.

That does not explain why after the Pain battle Naruto was eating ramen alone, talking with Sakura on a bench, and then went and took a mission that he thought was about identifying animals on an island without talking to Hinata. The only time he thought of her was in a flashback of all the times he worried using Kyuubi's power would hurt someone close to him.

weakness number 3: well this one is one you will not like (plus all of the other NaruSaku fans out there) there is no confirmation that Naruto has gone another level with his crush, sure there has been plenty of times that NaruSaku could have gone one step further, but nothing has ever eventuated,

On the contrary...in the very beginning he clearly liked her person and thought she was cute. Then he learned that like him, she seeks acknowledgement, which is obviously a step up. Later on he risks his life for her in the battle against Gaara(yes he was protecting the village but he shout several times that he would 'Protect Sakura!' and his death glares and resolve came after he saw Sakura was hurt), another step up. He selflessly decides to put her happiness above his own and promises to bring Sasuke back for her. Another step up. When he fails that promise he decides he is unworthy and does his best not to burden her with his feelings.

Finally, Sai says he loves her. Not even Shikamaru denies that accusation. Naruto's feelings go beyond what they were in the beginning. He hasn't been shown to be moving on either.

also you say that Naruto hasn't given a single thought after the situation and hasn't given Hinata special attention, well throughout the entire war when Naruto had the interaction with Hinata it has been special, we won't be seeing one for a little while longer, 433 counts as a NaruHina moment because of what was said on the next page.

615 is longest they've interacted since Hinata's introduction over 600 chapters ago. To say nothing of the fact that he interacted with Itachi more during the war than he has with Hinata. Either way, there are reasons. In 559 she doubted herself. In 615 he doubted himself(and she didn't get to him fully, Kurama had to help...plus he was thinking of Neji too). And I think that's it for their interaction in the war. The rest is her thinking of him as usual.

number 4: Naruto called Sakura his sort of girlfriend, remember you said sort of, again with Naruto's reply, um yeah, I guess if you're splitting hairs I guess... Is that really a reply anyone would have confidence with, now one of my friends is fluent in Japanese he also doesn't pair Naruto with anyone, so he reviewed that small moment and came to a conclusion which I found rather funny. (well it would anger a few people) but that's the thing about being a critical thinker you aren't always going to say things that are popular. my friend said Naruto's reply when he said if you're splitting hairs is Naruto's way of saying that Sakura is a girl and she is a friend, but not in a romantic way. the other thing he noted was Minato was thinking out loud and as I pointed out he jumped to conclusions like 4 other people did in the past and were proven wrong.

Uh the correct translation is actually 'Yeah! Well more or less...' and the implication is he sees them as close enough to be dating but nothing official was made yet. It makes 0 sense for him to go the 'girl friend' route because it was obvious to EVERYONE what Minato was asking. If that is what he was going for he should've just said 'no dad she's just a friend'.

I don't really understand that last bit of your paragraph but as far as Minato is aware Naruto and Sakura ARE dating because Sakura never denied it. That's kinda why he told her to take care of him which is the equivalent of a parent's blessing.

on another note, there are two threats to NaruSaku and this one will be a bitter pill to swallow, those threats are not Hinata and Sasuke. those threats are in reality Naruto and Sakura, Sakura because she is still in love with Sasuke and Naruto because he not only accepts the fact that he cannot win Sakura over, but because he has moved on from his crush on Sakura.

He actually hasn't accepted that he'll never win Sakura over. He just feels he wouldn't be worthy of her if he can't fulfill his promise to her(similar to how he felt he couldn't be Hokage if he couldn't save Sasuke). And there is 0 evidence that he has moved on. Every time we visit his feelings they point in Sakura's direction.

As I say a fair few times a crush is just a crush, having a crush doesn't mean you will end up with the girl you have a crush on. in the real world do you really end up with your first crush? and I will answer that no you don't (and I speak from personal experience) you are almost assured that you will never end up with you first crush, and I will counter the counter (before you get the chance or anyone else does for that matter) Hinata doesn't have a crush on Naruto, it is a level beyond a crush, she is fully in love with Naruto, and Naruto knows it too.

Wow...you're really cynical huh? Um a good chunk of people end up with their first love(there are over 7 billion people on Earth. You mean to tell me that NONE of them end up with their first love?) and even if that weren't true, Naruto's a fictional story that obviously leans on the more optimistic side of things.

Hinata doesn't know Naruto that well. She understands his unwavering spirit or his nindo, but she doesn't understand every other aspect of him. Sakura has dealt with his problems with the Akatsuki, his problems as a jinchuuriki(we saw Sakura find out that secret and her reaction to it. Hinata's was off screen), his dream to be Hokage, and of course his problems with Sasuke and getting stronger. Hinata's relation to his nindo is basically the equivalent of Shikamaru relating to him because they both lost a master.

She can love him and all but I wouldn't say her feelings are stronger than Naruto's feelings for Sakura. Especially since Naruto and Sakura have spent so much time together and he got to know her(allowing his feelings to either grow and develop or fade and everything points towards the former(. But I think Hinata understands what you are saying since she said she would give up chasing him after the war :p.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well no Hinata does know Naruto on a higher level than Sakura, Sakura doesn't really know everything Naruto has been through the trials and tribulations he has been through, Hinata knows exactly what to say to Naruto and knows when to say it.

also another thing about Naruto moving on from his crush on Sakura is based off acceptance if you look at chapter 470 then fast forward towards 474 where he didn't flinch when he said Sakura loves Sasuke, it does imply heavily that he has moved on, since Hinata's confession has he asked Sakura on a date, has he ever made some hair brained scheme to win Sakura over, no not really, plus when we look at chapters 490, 559, 611, 614 and 615 we can see that he is starting (albeit very slowly) to develop feelings for Hinata. Another to note there is no eveidence to show us that he is in love with Sakura. As I have pointed out sure there have been chances where NaruSaku could have developed further, but nothing eventuated.

Also with the last paragraph, Naruto has only had a crush on Sakura, it doesn't mean he is completely in love with her, you can have a crush on someone, but as I pointed out earlier you aren't guaranteed that you will end up with them.

from the direction the manga is heading, it is easy to say that NaruHina is going to be the endgame pairing, due to significant evidence that has been produced since the confession. A relationship is based on understanding and being honest with one another, that doesn't bode well for NaruSaku, because if it was to happen it would be based on a lie, because Sakura would never truly love Naruto, well not to the level that Hinata would

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
Well I'm a NaruSaku fan, so it's sad that Naruto moved on from his crush on Sakura. I still hope there'll be some good NaruSaku hints in the future.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
The thing I have noticed about NaruSaku is that it is Sasuke centered, just look at the moments between them, the Promise of a lifetime and then the false confession (even in the false confession, Sakura did have pure intentions) it was still centered around Sasuke. Naruto pursued Sasuke in order to make Sakura happy and with the hopes of winning her over, but unfortunately for Naruto that was never going to be the case, no matter how things are put during the story Sakura is still going to love Sasuke. both Sakura and Sasuke have hurt Naruto on 3 levels Emotional, Mental and Physical, (and no I am not talking about the times where Sakura sent Naruto flying with one punch) Sakura has rejected Naruto's hair brained advances basically everytime, even that has to have an effect on Naruto, with all that rejection Naruto is bound to cease having a crush on Sakura.

But on the other hand NaruHina is that it is centered around two characters and two characters only (Naruto and Hinata), NaruHina has received amazing development in the last 200+ chapters and has shown that Naruto is starting to fall in love with Hinata. the funny thing is NaruHina doesn't need parallels or third party POV's (who always get it wrong) to stand strong, as some would say this ship sails itself, there is no lies, no burden, no untrustworthy traits with NaruHina. there is only understanding, both Naruto and Hinata know exactly what the other has been through, they both know what to say to one another and when to say it, and Naruto did say that Hinata has always been by his side while holding her hand.

Nodame

Misty <3
I love both NaruSaku and NaruHina, but I honestly say Hinata should be with Naruto. If anyone deserves to be with Naruto, it's definitely her!
Sakura confession to Naruto was a lie ,she tells Naruto that she loves him so he will stop hurting himself just for her, and she is trying to convince herself that she has to give up on Sasuke. that's why she is so sad looking.

She would have confessed earlier or in another place if she really wanted to tell him she loved him, not right there just to stop Naruto from attacking.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't believe I forgot all about this thread; we had a huge shipping debate in the Naruto manga thread a few months ago because some people were supporting NaruSaku while others supported NaruHina. I stood by the NaruHina supporters because that ship has become a lot more interesting in my opinion. I won't spoil upcoming events, but I just feel that Naruto and Hinata have a lot more chemistry now than Naruto and Sakura. Although there was a time when I supported NaruSaku, but that was just a phase to be honest.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
NaruSaku's chance took a hit after chapter 469-470 and with chapter 632 where Naruto confirmed that his words in chapter 631 was nothing more than a joke, it is easy to say that NaruSaku has collapsed, first and foremost Naruto's attitude towards Hinata has been nothing short of positive, but chapters 615 and 633 showed a lot of us where the pairing thing is heading towards an NaruHina ending, I feel as though we still need to wait because there is still Madara to contend with and I still wonder how they will deal with him.

But Naruto pretty much made his choice in chapter 615 anyway, but I still think there is a ways to go, maybe in the next 5-10 chapters we will find out more.

i dont understand narusaku fans on why they want naruto and sakura together, sakura has been causing naruto pain in every way since the start of the series and that already signals a unhealthy relationship

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i dont understand narusaku fans on why they want naruto and sakura together, sakura has been causing naruto pain in every way since the start of the series and that already signals a unhealthy relationship

I kind of agree. Sakura put a lot of pressure on Naruto after Sasuke left the village when he was already feeling guilty about not being able to retrieve him. I don't think she did it on purpose of course, but she has a habit of putting pressure on other people instead of being proactive herself. I really think she'd be better off with Sasuke because he seems like someone who wouldn't collapse under pressure and Sakura has spent so much time chasing after him anyway. She has better chemistry with Naruto nowadays, but I still think Sakura is meant for Sasuke and vice versa. Just my two cents.

Nodame

Misty <3
I multi ship in Naruto so It's really hard for me to pick my favorite since I like a lot of shippings lol.
NaruHina: they're just meant for each other nuff said
NaruSaku: eh I'm indifferent about this ship, I don't mind it but I don't prefer it.
ShikaTema: who doesn't ?
SasukexKarin: I'm starting to like this ship for some reason.
SasuSaku: I'm Indifferent about it, but again I don't mind it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.