• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For a while I shipped SuiKarin (Suigetsu x Karin), but that was back when they would fight constantly and I found it funny. Whenever they do that now it seems forced and it seems like they honestly don't like each other so I pretty much gave up on that ship. So I kind of support SasuKarin if only because it has more going for it at the moment than other Sasuke ships imo.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well I still don't see SasuKarin having more for it at this stage, a lot of it is really one sided, Karin's fangirling over him, remember SasuSaku developed really well in the early days, but one of my friends said that both Sasuke and Sakura needed to develop as characters, so their individual character development was more important than that of a pairing development, so I do see that SasuSaku will start where they left off, like with Hinata, Sakura also hasn't gotten a reply. I do feel that both girls deserve a reply, be it positive or negative.

With the Way Naruto has been going he is going to reply to Hinata in a positive manner. as for Sasuke replying to Sakura, well that is still up in the air at the moment. but my biggest gripe with SasuKarin is that Karin is only in love with Sasuke for the same reasons Ino and Sakura liked Sasuke for, because he is cool, he is smart and he is handsome. for Sakura she learned to eventually fall in love with the real Sasuke, learned to realise that he wasn't perfect, that he did have some problems, Sakura went from a crush that Karin is still exhibiting. with Sakura seeing the real Sasuke and loving the real Sasuke, plus there is no evidence to suggest that Sakura has moved on, Sakura loved Sasuke even when he fell to his lowest point, Naruto went through the same stages and even though Sakura is a really good friend she never wavered from her feelings towards Sasuke, I find it admirable that even after all this time she keeps those feelings for Sasuke, even after all this time and all the damage he has caused.

I personally don't think Sakura will suddenly change her feelings from one guy to another, it just doesn't seem like her to do so, especially since she has been in love with the same guy over the course of the series, it will take far too much time for Sakura to fall in love with Naruto and if she does she could well be too late since Naruto would most likely end up with Hinata. due to the fact that it is really late in the series for the two girls to change their minds, Hinata has as Naruto always said, been there all this time, maybe that is because he knows who has been around for the most important moments since becoming a genin.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
I want Naruto to fall in love with Hinata. I get butterflies when they're together. Seriously, How can he say no to this face? http://i58.*******.com/343sshi.jpg

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I want Naruto to fall in love with Hinata. I get butterflies when they're together. Seriously, How can he say no to this face? http://i58.*******.com/343sshi.jpg

Well Besho he hasn't said no to her, in fact I haven't even seen him reject her at any stage, he could have easily said he wasn't interested, but we haven't even got that, also we have seen a lot of really positive developments in this war arc from Naruto's side, I don't think he will say no to Hinata, especially since she is the first character to express their love towards him, (his parents did, but he never knew about them until Kushina told him about what happened)

So it is likely that he will fall in love with Hinata, but I would like to see a little more development as the story nears it's end.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
NaruHina is a fairytale love, as is SasuSaku. Both are one sided, where the girl never develops, never truly personally evolves. She just endures some hardships and is awarded the affections of the guy who finally turns his head and looks at her.

NaruSaku is more a realistic love. Both sides work hard, both evolve and support the other's change, and both recognize the other as partners.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
let's point a few things out.

for NaruSaku the biggest problem with that pairing is, is that Naruto is fully aware of Sakura's love for Sasuke, he actually supports it himself. the other thing is that of course they recognise each other as partners, maybe that is because they are teammates, but there is a fatal flaw in what you said about NaruSaku, Besho, for Naruto, Sakura is not the catalyst of his development as a ninja and as a character, in fact Sakura isn't all that influential on Naruto, there are other characters that have been influential, they are Hinata, Jiraiya, Nagato, Itachi, Kakashi, Obito, Sasuke (vice verse) Killer Bee, his parents and there was another but I completely forgot that character. yes both sides also work hard, but they only do so independently with their own goals being independent from one another. plus NaruSaku love isn't as realistic as you might think, for two reasons Naruto and Sakura.

Naruto: has already accepted the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke and seemingly moved on from his crush, there is no evidence of it ever evolving beyond a crush, he was friendzoned by Sakura herself, so he knows that he cannot be in a romantic relationship with Sakura, the thing is he has never made a romantic advance on Sakura in a very long time, maybe that is because his crush on Sakura isn't all that important to him.
Sakura: has always been in love with Sasuke, Sakura has personally developed as a character, but her influences were never all about Sasuke or Naruto.

for NaruHina, well lets say it isn't all that one-sided anymore, Naruto is starting to show signs of returning Hinata's love in fact in this entire war arc, all the romantic development (with the Naru pairings) have been NaruHina, why because Naruto is making positive gestures towards Hinata, he hasn't been joking like he did in chapter 631, but more genuine actions towards Hinata, in fact NaruHina is the more realistic love story out of the two Naru Pairings because there is the understanding between the two characters, there is a saying, understanding one another is the foundation of a strong relationship, Sakura does understand Naruto, but not to the same level as Hinata does.

Oh and almost forgot, NaruHina is better positioned to go canon, all NaruHina needs is one more moments, instigated by Naruto himself and that will be it.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Sakura and her feelings for Naruto have been emphasized throughout the manga a lot. It has been emphasized in her actions, her words, and others have spoken about her feelings toward Naruto. Why would Kishimoto have done that? If she were intended for Sasuke and Naruto for Hinata?

She started from despising him to genuinely care for him and trust in him completely, not to mention she has confused feelings for him.Also, there's the fact that Sakura and Kushina are so much alike that it's pretty obvious that Kushina's quote was hinting narusaku lol. They have really grown together and apart, they are teamates and understand eachother and have a bond that no one not sasuke can break. Naruto and Sakura have chemistry.

Naruto loves Sakura. He kept on loving her even if he knew she loved Sasuke, and even with that knowledge, he still promised her he'd bring Sasuke back, and he meant it, word for word. Simply put, his love for Sakura is unconditional, selfless, true. Same for Sakura. She risked her life lots of times for him, even lied for his sake (the confession) even if she knew that he was the only one that actually had a chance to bring Sasuke back, she still told him not to. Sakura gradually turned into someone who is willing to get hurt for someone's sake, and going as far as putting Naruto's safety at the very top of her list of goals. The bond they share is just....wow. It's well developed, and SO natural. This pairing doesn't need romantic lines or moments. Even the simplest things they say to each other conveys their strong bond.

NaruSaku has interaction, growth, and there is actual meaning behind it. At the start Naruto's love for Sakura was the same as Sakura's for Sasuke, but Naruto eventually got over the ideals and did it rather for the meaning. Sakura hated Naruto but learned that Sasuke was not perfect and that Naruto was not a full failure. She only thought of him as a slight friend but that changed as the series went on. Sakura sees him as one of her best friends like Ino. The whole NaruSaku point developed because of their interaction. Sakura hated and put naruto down but naruto improved and she resolved to get better herself and developed a better outlook on him. Let's not forget Naruto's unselfishness to protect Sakura, and his promise of a lifetime to her.

NaruHina: its just not as well built. Hinata's moments are there with Naruto but are too far and few between. Even in chapter 614, yet this is just not enough to me, its too condensed, to short, and to rushed. Naruto's smile was a way of thanking her or he will do it once there is downtime. The one thing that does not make sense is, Naruto cannot suddenly just love Hinata for this. She is not bound to the main story in importance, one of the central plot divices is the promise naruto made to sakura, that binds team 7 all 3.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
No Naruto has never stated or ever emphasised that he was ever in love with Sakura, and no Naruto's questionable love isn't something to compare to Sakura's love for Sasuke which is not in question. There is no evidence to suggest that Naruto was ever in love with Sakura throughout any stage of the manga and his crush has not been brought up in a very long time, give me a chapter or episode where he states that he is in love with Sakura, (not including fillers) you will find that Naruto has not made any resolve to win Sakura over or make any romantic gestures towards, why because Naruto was never in love with Sakura to begin with. Sakura does care about Naruto but she isn't in love with him either that is only due to the fact that she is his teammate, she is some what of a older sister to Naruto, she isn't confused about her feelings the third Databook is out dated, something people need to remember, she has already made her choice, she chose Sasuke over Naruto. this point Naruto has already accepted so he chose not to push his silly little crush further.

Naruto had a crush on Sakura and it never developed beyond that point, Sakura had a crush on Sasuke, but unlike Naruto's silly little crush it actually developed, Sakura was able to grow as a person because of her love for Sasuke. I pointed this out a while ago, Naruto was friendzoned, a male and female can be friends without it going romantic, that is as far as NaruSaku can go in my opinion, it wasn't up until 24 hours ago Sakura was thinking about Sasuke, and about an hour ago she was blushing at Sasuke for protecting her. also no Naruto has had a bit of time to consider Hinata's feelings, a few months has passed since the confession, Naruto is starting to show those signs of the early stages of falling in love with Hinata.

also the Promise means nothing now, it sort of meant very little well before the incident in the Land Of Iron, it was broken many times and even Naruto stated bringing Sasuke back has nothing to do with the promise, in fact it had very little to do with the story. NaruHina does get built up, but slowly and with quality moments, chapter 615 was quality, 559 was a defining moment, 437 was a quality moment, 98 yet another, Hinata might be a side character, but she is there when Naruto needs a pick him up moment, Hinata is there when Naruto is about to give up, I haven't really seen Sakura there when Naruto is about to give up, maybe that is the reason why Naruto did say Hinata has been by his side this entire time, also there is one more major detail. Hinata also might be a side character, but that means very little when it comes to pairings, she is the only character in the series to make a romantic resolve, she intends to make her move to be with Naruto, that is something that has been emphasised on more than one occasion in the last 80 chapters, even towards Naruto, so he knows that Hinata will always be there for him, to support him and to love him, which is something he deserves, he isn't going to get that sort of love from Sakura, This is due to the fact that Sakura only considers Naruto as a brother.

Minato only compared Sakura with her temper towards Kushina right, well that means nothing, because 100% of Minato's comparisons about Kushina is directed at Naruto, just because Minato thought about Sakura's temper it doesn't mean Kishi is foreshadowing NaruSaku. What you are also forgetting Besho, the one person that brings Naruto and Sakura closer is the same person that prevents Naruto and Sakura from forming a romantic relationship, Sasuke, here is why, Sakura loves Sasuke and Naruto supports it, as shown in chapter 474.

here are a few links that I read, it might seem a little interesting to look at. the first one is my favourite, and the second one is pretty cool as well,

http://kekkeis.tumblr.com/post/54296462353/homecoming
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=47354341&postcount=1705

here is another little tidbit, Naruto brining Sasuke back wasn't all about Sakura, it eventually turned out that he wanted to bring Sasuke back for himself, (no not for NaruSasu Romance) but because he considered Sasuke a brother.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Really I still don't belive that Sakura is in love with Sasuke anymore because of all the devolvement and her feeling that she has for Naruto. Really Sakura is falling out of love with Sasuke after she did that fake smile. I think that Naruto still have feeling for Sakura because he is giving up his happiness for Sakura. And even lieing to his Dad about him being in a relationship with Sakura comfrims that he still have feeling for her.

Really I still don't belive that Sakura is in love with Sasuke anymore because of all the devolvement and her feeling that she has for Naruto. Really Sakura is falling out of love with Sasuke after she did that fake smile. I think that Naruto still have feeling for Sakura because he is giving up his happiness for Sakura. And even lieing to his Dad about him being in a relationship with Sakura comfrims that he still have feeling for her.

what development? she only thinks of naruto as a friend and team mate. the fake smile was because she didnt believe sasuke was a good guy, naruto iirc said he is not doing it(saving sasuke) for sakura only anymore but to save his friend.

nothing suggests naruto's crush on sakura developed into love

Nodame

Misty <3
Some don't want to read it how truly is it cause they ship another pairing or they didn't understand what Sakura and Naruto meant. Not offending anyone. Just saying the truth here. He loves Sakura. He said it to Sai, Kakashi knows, Yamato knows. Even he said that she's kinda his girlfriend to his dad who saw her like Kushina that is his wife. That what I remember for now. How much more do some readers need to know that he loves her ?

Naruto isn't going to make a melody about his love for Sakura every single chapter.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
No Besho, Sai jumped to conclusions he was out place when he told Sakura that Naruto was in love with her, despite the fact that Naruto never said he was in love with Sakura that led to a guilt trip that almost got Sakura killed, Sai only gets his thoughts based on what he reads from a book, he isn't exactly a reliable resource when it comes to basic and complex human emotions and interactions, in fact he was proven wrong by chapter 470. as I have stated Naruto never said he loves Sakura, he only had a crush that never evolved beyond a crush, he accepted the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke and was forced to move on from his crush by chapter 470, because Sakura still loves Sasuke until proven otherwise, and we haven't seen an otherwise.

parallels are now laughable, they mean nothing, they have been destroyed numerous times in the last 40 (give or take) chapters, Minato only saw temper, but 100% of the important comparisons of his wife have been towards his own son, does that mean KushinaXKushina (lol) even Karin got a comparison to Kushina, that basically makes the Sakura=Kushina comparison null and void. As for the third party POV no Sai and Yamato didn't know much Naruto and Sakura, at that time they had only recently met them when they jumped the gun, they were also present in the Land of Iron, apart from Naruto who was the most upset about Sakura, trying to lie to Naruto, yes it was Yamato, the person who thought he was a love expert and Sai, like I said, he isn't 100% reliable when it comes to that sort of stuff.

I have already been through the entire manga once, so my memory might be a little iffy in some areas, but what I do remember, is the fact that there isn't enough evidence to say that Naruto's crush on Sakura developed into love, Naruto lying to his dad, doesn't prove his love for Sakura, in fact he knows how to anger Sakura just by saying a few words and it is usually after someone asks if Sakura is Naruto's girlfriend, then Naruto will just say, "I better not anger Sakura, otherwise she will kill me". with Minato, he doesn't even know who Sakura is and he jumps to conclusions, heck he doesn't even know his son all that well, being dead for almost 17 years means that he missed out on so much of his son's life.

it isn't anything to do with shipping other pairs, it is what has been witnessed, through the series, sure Naruto and Sakura have proven to be good friends, but there isn't any romantic development between the two, Naruto never said and never acted like he was in love with Sakura, neither has there been any evidence of it being brought up in such a long time, the truth is Naruto was never in love with Sakura, he only had a crush on her, but it never went beyond a crush.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I don't think he is in love with Sakura, there isn't even enough evidence to say that he still has a crush on her. It was only a one-sided crush, it never evolved beyond that point, sure there were opportunities that it could have developed but it never did. there are a few reason why that is the case, for one Naruto knows of and accepted the fact that Sakura will only love Sasuke. Secondly being turned down and eventually lied to can lead to a crush being dropped, it is easier to drop a crush (because you were never in love with that person to begin with, like Naruto was never in love with Sakura at all) than to fall out of love and lastly there is no evidence of Sakura moving on from Sasuke.

the things that need to happen is that Naruto does need to fall in love with Sakura which has as of yet never happened, and Sakura needs to move on from Sasuke and fall in love with Naruto which also hasn't happened.

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
In short, given this ongoing development that has occurred during both parts of the manga, as well as the amount of NaruSaku hints in non-canon works co-authored (or exclusively authored, in the case of Road to Ninja) by Kishimoto, NaruSaku fans have much to hope for.

Also, I still think he loves her, he felt something for her, and I call it love. ( whether you agree or not all the evidences that I talked about proves me right)

the things that need to happen is that Naruto does need to fall in love with Sakura which has as of yet never happened, and Sakura needs to move on from Sasuke and fall in love with Naruto which also hasn't happened.
Crush can turn into love, so there is a chance of Narusaku to develop even more than it is right now. And yes I know that she loves Sasuke, but still there is a possibility for her to move away from it. Anything is possible. Both shippings work. I don't know why you're acting like it's impossible.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Yes but we are really late in the story, so any time that it could have developed has been and gone, if it hasn't developed a long time ago, then it is very unlikely that it that it will develop.

Sakura has maintained her love for Sasuke no matter how dark the road he took, she was never able to bring herself to kill Sasuke, freezing on the spot, not because Sasuke is stronger than her, but because she still loves him, she has had plenty of time to move on from Sasuke, but that never occurred, even with that fake smile, it still doesn't prove that she is moving on from Sasuke. the other problem is, there isn't a lot of evidence to prove that Naruto has a crush on Sakura, that is something that hasn't been brought up in a very long time, we cannot use the war as an a reason why that is the case, there have been very strong NaruHina moments during the same period when they didn't really need to happen.

It also isn't like I am acting like it is impossible, it is that there is no mutual romantic feelings between the two, a crush can be one-sided for so long before a person has to move on, Naruto was forced to accept that Sakura would never return his crush on her, it hurt him at first, but as he grew more mature, I find that his crush on Sakura evaporated over time.

Nodame

Misty <3
but still we can't just jump to conclusion right away. The manga didn't end and Kishi is a shipping troll.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well no not really, for me the shipping situations have been really predictable, I knew that with chapter 631 he was going to troll NaruSaku badly, and that happened by the end of that chapter, it was also trolled in the following chapter as well to add emphasise. NaruHina hasn't been trolled to that extent yet, the moments are meaningful, there is a different feel about it when compared to the interactions of Naruto and Sakura. the differences are really easy to spot, Naruto can be himself and cut the bravado act around Hinata, when I look at Naruto and Sakura's interactions, I find that Naruto is the annoying little brother and Sakura as the older sister that sets the younger brother straight.

Like I knew chapter 616 Naruto was going to let go of Hinata's hand, that is basically realistic, can't fight three deadly foes while holding hands, can't we? that would be stupid. but as far as trolling NaruHina hasn't received that to the level of NaruSaku.

What makes this interesting, is that Kishi has been foreshadowing NaruHina like crazy in the last 100 or so chapter, but mostly on Hinata's side, (not meaning to be arrogant or anything) at least one of the ships is in a really good position, that ship is NaruHina, I find that NaruSaku, (while having it's chance's a long time ago) fell away and was never really a contender after the situation in the Land of Iron. If NaruSaku was to happen, it would be like pulling a rabbit from a hat at the very end, without developing the suspense with the fans. NaruSaku cannot suddenly happen without romantic development.

Nodame

Misty <3
when I look at Naruto and Sakura's interactions, I find that Naruto is the annoying little brother and Sakura as the older sister that sets the younger brother straight.
What makes this shipping interesting and unique is that their interaction is natural. Naruto have more chemistry with Sakura. Don't forget that NaruSaku is extremely popular in Japan. And Kishi him self was the author of Road to Ninja, and it was filled with NaruSaku hints. Seriously, open your eyes and see. It really repulses me sometimes when people say NaruSaku has a brother-sister relationship. As someone who has a brother, I can guarantee that I don’t blush around my brother, go on DATES with him and I sure don't ask for his opinion on whether I look ”Womanly"

If NaruSaku was to happen, it would be like pulling a rabbit from a hat at the very end, without developing the suspense with the fans. NaruSaku cannot suddenly happen without romantic development.
LOL I hope you’re kidding. NaruSaku is obviously more developed than NaruHina. There is a twist in it which I find interesting. she doesn't like Naruto and looked only Sasuke, but now she cares about him and thinks about him more than anyone. her mind is moving toward Naruto from Sasuke. (but she might still like Sasuke who knows) so that's development.

Like I knew chapter 616 Naruto was going to let go of Hinata's hand
Don't forget all the blushing and admiration moments that Naruto felt for Sakura. Also don’t forget about that hugging scene driving all the attention to them. Both sakura and Hinata have their moments with him. it's sort of like a pattern.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I don't really watch the movies they are all filler, so they don't count for any pairing (not even NaruHina), the movies don't add anything important to the story itself, they are just an alternative to the series.

and no I wasn't kidding about the pulling the rabbit out of the hat, NaruSaku has not received any romantic development, as friendship development goes then yes there has been really good development as friends, simply due to the fact that Naruto was friendzoned by Sakura and the fact that Naruto has already accepted the fact that Sakura has always loved Sasuke. I don't read the manga with pairing glasses, it makes us see things that aren't really there, such as the questionable romance between Naruto and Sakura which was never there throughout the series and most likely not even now.

Sakura has remained loyal to her feelings towards Sasuke for this long, to really give up on him just because he followed a dark road, is as bad as giving up on yourself, we already saw that she was trying to force herself on trying to move on and we all saw the results of her trying to force herself to move, Naruto shot her fake confession to a million pieces.

So let me ask this question, so Naruto and Sakura cannot be good friends without being turned into something romantic? a male and female can be really good friends but they don't have to be romantically connected, they can have really good chemistry but it doesn't mean they are in love with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.