• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto General Shipping Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I never said that my opinions are fact, Kishi is basing his story on humans, not robots or lovesick puppies, so he needs to portray the characters as humans, if he doesn't then it becomes unrealistic.

Nodame

Misty <3
I never said that my opinions are fact, Kishi is basing his story on humans, not robots or lovesick puppies, so he needs to portray the characters as humans, if he doesn't then it becomes unrealistic.

Naruto and Sakura have spent time together, allowing room for romance to come. They’ve bonded over hardships and happiness, in good times and bad. The tender looks they give each other. Naruto has never given any other love interest but Sakura the blush or looks of admiration. That's why I think it has a chance of happening.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Even though I support NaruHina, there is no indication that Naruto is in love with any of the girls, for all we know Naruto could end up with Ino for that matter, there is no clear indication that Sakura is his love interest, he had a crush that is all it was, there is no indication that he still has a crush on Sakura, just like there is no indication that he is developing feelings for Hinata instead of Sakura.

Naruto and Sakura spend a lot time together because they are on the same team, their bond only grew because it was centred around Sasuke, makes you wonder what would have happened if Sasuke didn't lecture Sakura? Naruto's and Sakura's friendship developed because of Sasuke. maybe there was this understaning on Naruto's part that Sakura would never fall in love with him.

Sure there was plenty of time for romance to develop, but what stopped that from happening was the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke and Naruto is fully aware of it.

p96822

Evolve me please
I do think that there was a lot of hint between Naruto and Sakura that it can be canon. They care about each other so much that it hurts. Also I think that it hard for Sakura to say that she love her because of the many thing around them.

J Ken

RAVE
Tbh I really don't care for the NaruSaku VS NaruHina debate I just find it very tedious on both sides and I actually ship one of them. I really like ShikaTem it's too awesome to not be canon imo. Along with that I've grown fond of the idea of AxTsunade it just feels right to me. Also the kid in me still wants SasuSaku to become canon just cause it was one of the 1st two ships that I actually supported.

p96822

Evolve me please
That cool that you ship ShikaTem it one ship that doesn't get that much attention and also I think A and the fifth is cute together XD

Nodame

Misty <3
Even though I support NaruHina, there is no indication that Naruto is in love with any of the girls, for all we know Naruto could end up with Ino for that matter, there is no clear indication that Sakura is his love interest, he had a crush that is all it was, there is no indication that he still has a crush on Sakura, just like there is no indication that he is developing feelings for Hinata instead of Sakura.
Agreed here, that's what I'm trying to explain. There is no shipping that has more chance of happening over the other. Both are equal.

Sure there was plenty of time for romance to develop, but what stopped that from happening was the fact that Sakura loves Sasuke and Naruto is fully aware of it.
there is no indication that she still has a crush on Sasuke, just like there is no indication that Naruto still has a crush on Sakura. I hope you got my point.

J Ken

RAVE
I know ShikaTem don't get much attention but their interactions at Part I and the start of Part II was just too shippable for me too resist. lol I also used to ship Shikamaru with Ino but it got a little too weird since they seemed as close as siblings imo.

Nodame

Misty <3
Naruto and Sakura are the most developed non-canon couple in the series. Naruto was always in love with Sakura. His feelings still exist, people! And Sakura's feelings may be more ambiguous ... but there's been far too many hints she loves Naruto too on some level. It has been constantly changing and developing since the beginning of the series which keeps me interested. I know Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke too, but they're not as strong as her feelings for Naruto now. Sakura rarely ever thinks about Sasuke unless it's T7 related or he's brought up. But Sakura ALWAYS worries about Naruto.

NaruSaku's such an obvious couple at this point, especially in the recent manga.

Last edited:
Naruto and Sakura are the most developed non-canon couple in the series. Naruto was always in love with Sakura. His feelings still exist, people! And Sakura's feelings may be more ambiguous ... but there's been far too many hints she loves Naruto too on some level. It has been constantly changing and developing since the beginning of the series which keeps me interested. I know Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke too, but they're not as strong as her feelings for Naruto now. Sakura rarely ever thinks about Sasuke unless it's T7 related or he's brought up. But Sakura ALWAYS worries about Naruto.

NaruSaku's such an obvious couple at this point, especially in the recent manga.
a crush does not mean love he only liked her in part 1. we dont know how he feels about sakura in part 2 his feeling probably went away after her fake confession, exactly when was the last narusaku moment that was not meant for comedic effect or save naruto's life. of course sukara worries about naruto its her team mate and friend its just like tsunade and jiraiya she cared for jiraiya but didnt love him.

Nodame

Misty <3
a crush does not mean love he only liked her in part 1. we dont know how he feels about sakura in part 2 his feeling probably went away after her fake confession, exactly when was the last narusaku moment that was not meant for comedic effect or save naruto's life. of course sukara worries about naruto its her team mate and friend its just like tsunade and jiraiya she cared for jiraiya but didnt love him.

I still think he's in love with Sakura, but will be interesting to see what happens during or after this war. Besides, Naruto is the type of guy to not waiver on his desires. If he can keep caring for Sasuke regardless of everything I find it hard to believe he'll stop loving Sakura. Also, Naruto has never given any other love interest but Sakura the blush or looks of admiration. That's why I think it has a BIG chance of happening. That's just my opinion

oh.. and Sakura didn't lie. She knew that he was the only one that actually had a chance to bring Sasuke back, she still told him not to. Sakura gradually turned into someone who is willing to get hurt for someone's sake, and going as far as putting Naruto's safety at the very top of her list of goals.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Naruto never waivers on his desire, I don't think he ever made it his goal to pursue Sakura, his biggest goals are to become Hokage and surpass all his predecessor, be acknowledged by everyone in the village, to bring Sasuke back to the Village and to change the ninja system. not once did he say that he desired a romantic relationship with Sakura, he has already fully accepted the fact that Sakura will always love Sasuke, there is no evidence to prove that he has a crush on Sakura, and there is certainly no evidence that he is in love with Sakura. the only character to have moved on from their crush is Naruto himself.

Sakura friendzoned Naruto (isn't it about time that part is accepted as well), she still loves Sasuke, this most recent chapter is enough proof in the pudding, Kakashi, just buried NaruSaku by confirming Sakura's feelings for Sasuke.

a crush can either evolve (Sakura's love for Sasuke) or be dropped (in the case of Naruto accepting fact). Sakura's feelings are beyond that of Naruto's silly little crush from long ago.

Nodame

Misty <3
Naruto never waivers on his desire, I don't think he ever made it his goal to pursue Sakura, his biggest goals are to become Hokage and surpass all his predecessor, be acknowledged by everyone in the village, to bring Sasuke back to the Village and to change the ninja system. not once did he say that he desired a romantic relationship with Sakura, he has already fully accepted the fact that Sakura will always love Sasuke, there is no evidence to prove that he has a crush on Sakura, and there is certainly no evidence that he is in love with Sakura. the only character to have moved on from their crush is Naruto himself.

Sakura friendzoned Naruto (isn't it about time that part is accepted as well), she still loves Sasuke, this most recent chapter is enough proof in the pudding, Kakashi, just buried NaruSaku by confirming Sakura's feelings for Sasuke.

a crush can either evolve (Sakura's love for Sasuke) or be dropped (in the case of Naruto accepting fact). Sakura's feelings are beyond that of Naruto's silly little crush from long ago.
Umm.. there is no evidence that he moved away from his crush on Sakura. You're looking deeply into stuff that just isn't there. And there is proof Naruto loves Sakura, Kishi wasn't just mess'in around when he literally drew Sai telling her that. And that Sakura confession wasn't a lie. Kishimoto said in an interview that he wanted to depict Sakura as an honest girl.
Oh.. and about the latest chapter. Kakashi said she doesn't feel the same way she use to about Sasuke. Did you miss the past tense "liked".... Because what I'm getting from that is Sakura doesn't want to lose someone important to her. Hence Kakashi saying she's a "kind" girl. And If Hinata we're truly important, she'd be here right now.

I'm out.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well so do you Besho, by looking way to deeply into things, maybe to the point that you are wearing these shipping glasses, you take Sai's words to heart, when Sai was out of line and way out of place when he said that, he had no right to make that sort of assumption, this led to a guilt trip that almost got Sakura killed. also, it also led to Sai correcting himself by coming to the conclusion that Sakura loves Sasuke. but you are also missing the point of what Kakashi said, Sakura cannot let her feelings go to the wayside when it concerns Sasuke, her love for Sasuke has matured. yes Sakura is an honest girl, but that doesn't mean she is a 100% honest (no one is 100% honest), what is worse than lying to your friends? lying to yourself, Naruto caught her out, Sakura tried to pretend to have feelings for Naruto and he knew full well that is never going to be the case, he said himself 'he hates people who lie to themselves,' by that time, he had already fully accepted that no matter what Sakura will always love Sasuke.

what Kakashi meant by what he said was, Sakura is no longer just a fan girl, she loves Sasuke and is willing to help him where he needs it, this in turn is really confirmation that Sakura loves Sasuke no matter what, she is loyal to her feelings even though it almost got her killed, she never judged Sasuke, holding hope that one day his thirst for revenge would cease to exist and that he would come back. Naruto said it, Sai said it and now Kakashi have all said Sakura loves Sasuke, that's it, final and no denying it. Sakura has 0 romantic interest in Naruto and has maintained her love for Sasuke, patiently waiting for him to return.

I cannot expect Hinata to be there, she is on the ground exhausted from Chakra overuse. the importance of this moment was for TEAM 7, Hinata would have been out of place, this is where TEAM 7 can truly shine against a full power Madara. but I do seeming expect a nice NaruHina moment to come in the not to distant future, but either way it does seem like SasuSaku and NaruHina are in the driver's seat at the moment and it is only a matter of time before we see at least one of them goes canon, at this stage SauSaku is one sided canon on behalf od Saukra and NaruHina is the same, but edging close to two-way, since really NaruHina, in the last 240 or so chapters has been given all the romantic development while NaruSaku has received none and dropped off the rader.

also where is this evidence to say that Naruto is in love with Sakura, I have been through the manga, and have spotted nothing, even reading between the lines I have seen nothing, Naruto only had a crush and it never went anywhere, he accepted the fact Sakura will always love Sasuke and didn't push it further. the only thing that has developed between Naruto and Sakura, is a lasting friendship, of course they do get panel time, maybe that is because they are in the same team.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
I still say that NaruSaku will happen and it will have a big pay off at the very end. In the last chapter Sakura said that Sasuke didn't care about her. Let think about that line for a second. When you think about what Sakura has been thinking about Sasuke for the last few chapters of this war arc she was thinking about how much Sasuke has change and what ideas that is flowing into his mind. That fake smile she had on her face means that she can't true Sasuke. And now that she see that Sasuke doesn't care about her will been then it more confirmed that her love for the guy is sinking into the albas of nothingness.

I still say that NaruSaku will happen and it will have a big pay off at the very end. In the last chapter Sakura said that Sasuke didn't care about her. Let think about that line for a second. When you think about what Sakura has been thinking about Sasuke for the last few chapters of this war arc she was thinking about how much Sasuke has change and what ideas that is flowing into his mind. That fake smile she had on her face means that she can't true Sasuke. And now that she see that Sasuke doesn't care about her will been then it more confirmed that her love for the guy is sinking into the albas of nothingness.
she still loved sasuke after he tried to kill her multiple times she will always love him, plus sasuke looked worried when sakura rushed in and if he didn't care he wouldn't have saved twice in the last 2 chapters 1.rescued her from madara 2. using susannoo so that she would be affected by I.T. and honestly sasuke is battling the strongest shinobi ever so he shouldn't be worrying about his love life in the middle of a fight.
I support naruhina because both of them support and care for each other and have protected the other from death multiple times while risking their lives, also this ship has developed as the series progresses and makes both characters look better , while sakura makes naruto's life a living hell and the ship has received little development

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
the last few chapters didn't disprove SasuSaku, Sasuke has to focus on an enemy that is living up to what we expected from him, there is no evidence to prove that Sakura is moving on from Sasuke, it is too sudden for her to do so, she has been in love with this one guy for so long, I doubt it is dropping, she is just uncertain at the moment, but that means very little at the moment. going by what Sai said about her fake smile doesn't really help the argument, he is basically useless when it comes to that sort of stuff, that is due to the fact that he lacks the experience to make a judgment on those sort of topics

Sakura/NaruSaku, simply isn't a threat to NaruHina, Sakura has no romantic interest in Naruto and that isn't going to change anytime soon, while we are basically seeing Naruto slowly but surely developing romantic feelings towards Hinata, a small example could be that of the last chapter when he heard Hinata's voice echo in his mind and he wanted to leave the Sasuno in order to get to Hinata, but was stopped by Sasuke. since Hinata's confession, out of all the Naru pairings, NaruHina has been given 100% of that romantic development, while NaruSaku simply dropped away.

Status
Not open for further replies.