• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NARUTO: The anime or The manga.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
In actuality, I never got why people bash Naruto for having bad animation. Doesn't sound like they watched a lot of anime. Seems like pretty average stuff, personally. It liked to switch between decent to so-so to hilarious deformity, and then the occasional "Hey, this actually looks pretty cool". I've seen worse.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
When it comes to animation, a lot of it comes down to the director. Because sometimes you get this

http://i35.*******.com/2116n7s.gif

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Holy ****, who was the animation director behind that?

Forward him to me.

That sh*t's hilarious. xD

Profesco

gone gently
I like Naruto a lot. Finding out how many people look down on it was a shock to naive little me. I prefer the anime to the manga, but not based on claims of either one being better. I just don't enjoy reading through many mangas or comic books. They're great art forms in their way, of course, but feel tedious to me while reading. Plus, some animation is just fun to watch. If you have a great fight scene and a great fight animation, the animation is likely going to be more interesting.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I like Naruto a lot. Finding out how many people look down on it was a shock to naive little me. I prefer the anime to the manga, but not based on claims of either one being better. I just don't enjoy reading through many mangas or comic books. They're great art forms in their way, of course, but feel tedious to me while reading. Plus, some animation is just fun to watch. If you have a great fight scene and a great fight animation, the animation is likely going to be more interesting.

This, pretty much.

one4all

top coordinator=P
ANIME of course!
because you can see more stuff happening than manga and for fighting is even better on anime than manga 'cause you cant see very well whats going on, on naruto manga

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Neither really there is no point in it now, the anime is full of ENDLESS FILLERS and the manga is getting stale. the series imo is in no way bad but it is to overhyped and overrated. Sauske cant come back to the village, he killed to many people so what the hell is naruto doing does he think the village will let him come back? the manga is just foucsing on little charaters that are just going to get killed and never come back. it the anime followed the book complety it wouldn't be so bad. aleast one piece filler and FMA fillers were interesting, not ohh lets get a random team, chase this guy, get our asses kick,then used the kiyuubi chakra to beat down the enemy before help arives.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When it comes to animation, a lot of it comes down to the director. Because sometimes you get this

http://i35.*******.com/2116n7s.gif

That's funny. Though why people take time out of their lives to find mistakes like that is beyond me.

The manga is tedious, 48 volumes in Japan with no sign of it ending soon.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The anime is much better. the manga isn't so interesting, while the anime has much more fans

Lorde

The anime is much better. the manga isn't so interesting, while the anime has much more fans

What do you mean? The whole series as a whole is popular not just the anime or the manga. Also, the manga material is used in the anime but the anime uses filler.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I've read about as much of the manga as I have watched the anime; I saw up to the Chuunin Tournament or whatever in the anime, and I think I read up to when they're in the forest right before the tournament in the manga. I personally like the manga better (of course, I was reading a fan-translated version, so it was less censored than the regular manga probably is, which was a major plus; not that swearing makes things better, but it just made it a lot more crude than it probably is in the official translations, which is kind of realistic considering that they're just boys). It's a lot more artistically done and everyone just looks cooler; you can tell that a lot more time was spent on the manga than any of the animation done in the anime. That can't really be helped, though; pretty sure that the people who animate Naruto were going for quantity over quality, since they knew it was going to be a huge thing and that making it a super-long show would make it even more popular than it already would be.

talala

don't kill me for this... but as for right now, the manga is, the anime is skipping the entire pein destroying konoha arc and going straight to the 8-tails arc....

Lorde

don't kill me for this... but as for right now, the manga is, the anime is skipping the entire pein destroying konoha arc and going straight to the 8-tails arc....

The Eight-tails arc was before the Pein arc in the manga though.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
What do you mean? The whole series as a whole is popular not just the anime or the manga. Also, the manga material is used in the anime but the anime uses filler.

I think the Manga is actually a re-watching the anime, without anything justifies the reading.

Lorde

I think the Manga is actually a re-watching the anime, without anything justifies the reading.

But the manga comes before the anime :/

How is it like re-watching the anime when the manga goes before the anime?

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
As of right now, I don't think either one is better- they absolutely killed the series. But before it became what I feel is garbage, I thought the manga was better. Not only was it farther along and didn't take nearly as much time to get into as the anime, there were no pointless fillers. Not to mention that with the anime some of the voices made me laugh really hard and I didn't focus on the show itself while the character was speaking.

Last edited:

Lorde

As of right now, I don't think either one is better- they absolutely killed the series. But before it became what I feel is garbage, I thought the manga was better. Not only was it farther along and didn't take nearly as much time to get into as the anime, there were no pointless fillers. Not to mention that with the anime some of the voices made me laugh really hard and I didn't focus on the show itself while the character was speaking.

How did "they" kill the series?

They weren't pointless fillers. Those fillers were made to put some distance between the anime and manga material.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
But still, I prefer the Anime, although the Manga is pretty nice. the anime's plots is much more better, the manga still needs to improve.

Last edited: