• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NARUTO: The anime or The manga.

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
How did "they" kill the series?

They weren't pointless fillers. Those fillers were made to put some distance between the anime and manga material.

The fact that they "killed" the series is my own personal opinion. The plot just seems to be spiraling downward and when I compare some of the earlier chapters to the new ones, it seems so rushed and not as well thought out.

While I understand that they had a reason to be there, fillers get annoying after a while and one has to wonder if so many were necessary. But other than that, I can't really say anything about the anime. I don't watch it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
the manga has like a 4yr jump on the anime theres no reason for all the fillers

What are you talking about?

There is no 4 year jump. The anime and the manga are so close it's not even funny.

Currently, the Japanese anime is just one arc away from the manga's current arc. That's scary.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
What are you talking about?

There is no 4 year jump. The anime and the manga are so close it's not even funny.

Currently, the Japanese anime is just one arc away from the manga's current arc. That's scary.

Manga came out in 99' anime came came out 02' if they kept the ratio of show/manga production to a Episode/chapter a week they wouldn't have this problem.-.-

Lorde

Manga came out in 99' anime came came out 02' if they kept the ratio of show/manga production to a Episode/chapter a week they wouldn't have this problem.-.-

They DID show one a week. Sometimes two episodes a week but only 3-4 times a year.

Incase you haven't noticed, each episode of the anime takes material from at least 2-3 manga chapters.

It's impossible to have one episode of the anime being based off of one manga chapter.

Do you know how much filler that episode would contain if that were the case?

Fantasyfan45

Professional Pirate
I think I have to say the anime... Miss about 200+ fillers... Idk. I like movies and shows so listening to some of the dubbed voices is kind of nice. ugh. I'm really didn't start the manga till like recently... so I'm way far behind...

Lorde

I prefer the manga instead of the anime. I watch the anime sometimes, but since the manga's are far ahead, I decided to read the manga intead.

Not to mention, they've added another FIller arc to the anime so the manga will be much farther ahead in terms of the story.

7 tyranitars

I had an argument with a couple of friends the other day, although seemingly pointless, we argued what was better the Naruto anime or the manga (this includes shippuden)
Personally I prefer the anime, but that is most likely because I began watching the anime before i discovered the manga and now i don't want to read the manga (which is miles ahead by the way :l ..) in case of major spoilers that will ruin my anime viewing.
Then again I could defiantly argue that the anime is full of pointless filler episodes that seem to last for ages whilst the manga cruises happily through the story line...
Anyhow I was just wondering what your thoughts were guys.
- Peace.

I agree whit you, anime is just better except for fillers

edit: I started to read manga because it's way ahead of the anime

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I agree whit you, anime is just better except for fillers

edit: I started to read manga because it's way ahead of the anime

Well the fillers are part of the anime. in the manga there are many non-fillers but you need to deal with the fillers as well.

7 tyranitars

yeah I know I watched all fillers except the pre shippuden ones some are nice filler, and I know it's only 1 and a half arc 2 and a half if you count senjutsu train arc but still is further .

Lorde

and I know it's only 1 and a half arc 2 and a half if you count senjutsu train arc but still is further.

Hunt for the Eight-tails, Senjutsu training, and Invasion of Pain are all one arc just like how Deidara versus Sasuke, Jiraiya versus Pain, and Sasuke versus Itachi were all part of a bigger arc called Search for Uchiha.

7 tyranitars

I knew about hunt for itachi/seach for uchiha arc but I always thought senjutsu training + 8 tailed was 1 arc seperated from invasion of pain arc, well ty for telling :p

Lorde

I knew about hunt for itachi/seach for uchiha arc but I always thought senjutsu training + 8 tailed was 1 arc seperated from invasion of pain arc, well ty for telling :p

Hmm, but the Eight-tails and the training chapters both took just 1 and a half volumes, which is very short for an arc itself.

The current arc seems to be going pretty fast.

7 tyranitars

yes but they show eight tales apart from senjutsu en decoding jiraija's clue instead of together like they did in the manga

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
yes but they show eight tales apart from senjutsu en decoding jiraija's clue instead of together like they did in the manga

I still think that it was better in the anime, although in this case I have to agree with you this time. I'd prefer it together, like you said.