• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto VS Dragon Ball GT (will probably have spoilers)

You know, I think you already know which two options are gonna be on here...

• Total voters

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Rex Kamex

Untill reading the last posts of the thread, I was proud to see this thread get 100 replies...

Naruto has a bad reputation due to its fillers, dbgt was too painful to watch. I know a lots of people who started recently with watching naruto, they skipped the fillers so naruto stayed as cool as it was.

Naruto's also criticized for being a "generic shounen series". (I'm not saying that's false- I'm just putting in quotes what people have said.)

daveshan

My little friend
Naruto's also criticized for being a "generic shounen series". (I'm not saying that's false- I'm just putting in quotes what people have said.)

No, Naruto gets criticized because the rest of the show completely deviates from the parameters set up by the first saga of the series.

The Zabuza saga emphasized stealth, tactics with weapons, control, and other things that resembled actual ninja tactics including the philosophy that ninjas were just tools of war that were used until they "broke" and then were discarded and replaced. The supernatural aspect was kept to a minimum and rarely ventured outside of what a good magician could do.

The later sagas put zero-little emphasis on stealth and realistic tactics and instead turned the show into Harry Potter with ninjas. A bunch of magical powers being used and even the lowest ninja was treated with love and respect.

If Naruto had kept true to the original arc, the mission to keep Sasuke from joining Orochimaru would have been a search and destroy mission instead of a "search and bring him back safely" mission.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Anything Dragon Ball > anything Naruto.
To be more clear:

GT gets bad heat basically for being contradictory to the original Dragon Ball. Naruto gets about the same because well... It's a shonen series, and anything popular is automatically "t3h f41l." I think the genral opinion of fans of these series is that Naruto is better because of its being canon, while GT isn't. Me? I liked Pan and Trunks' characterization in GT, and didn't really care about continuity. I know, it's supposedly more important in anime than it would be in say, Family Guy, but whatever. You should try and enjoy for what it is, and that's what I did. Naruto, in my opinion, is a great series and has few flaws. However, it's right there. Few flaws. Meaning it has flaws. And those flaws I'm talking about are detrimental to that series. Naruto gets really preachy(moreso than a lot of shonen series) and pretty corny later on in the Hidden Leaf Village Takeover Arc, what with Gaara's sad past and Naruto using his cliche main character abilities to change him. From that point on, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been fixed. Also, Naruto tends to win matches due to DEM a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is both GT and Naruto have flaws, however the flaws are so different, it's hard to compare them. Now, comparing the entirety of Dragon Ball to Naruto would be much easier since Kishimoto was inspired by Toriyama, who had little to do with GT oustide of character art.

Kirades

I somewhat dislike Naruto but mostly the dub. This is partly because the edited one of the best episodes and made it one of the gayest one. They changed drunken fist into the gayest name they could come up with, the "loopy fist"

I mean they can have people throwing shurikens and daggers at eachother but not alcohol references?

I loved the dragon ball series but then something happened. Any character not named Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta, were wiped out an a massive genocide where they were forced to stand in the background or die to the newest villain is 5.2 seconds.

Also I loved how whenever they defeated "the strongest being in the universe" a new villain would arise that was even stronger than the previous "strongest being in the universe." Although I guess that is the only way to continue the show.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Also I loved how whenever they defeated "the strongest being in the universe" a new villain would arise that was even stronger than the previous "strongest being in the universe." Although I guess that is the only way to continue the show.

Note that Cell was a creation of Dr. Gero with the cells of Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Frieza, and more people I forget, making him much stronger than Frieza. Also, Majin Buu was ALWAYS stronger than Frieza, but he was locked in a cacoon for thousands of years, thus he couldn't get a reputation like Frieza did.

In GT, I wouldn't say Baby is actually that strong, he just has the ability to take over bodies, and he just happened to get Vegeta's who would've been incredibly strong by that time, acconuting all the training he did throughout his life. However, Super 17 and the Shadow Dragons were never given a real reason why they were stronger. They just were, so I'll give you them.

Anzua2

I somewhat dislike Naruto but mostly the dub. This is partly because the edited one of the best episodes and made it one of the gayest one. They changed drunken fist into the gayest name they could come up with, the "loopy fist".

There's a reason why they call them Uncut DVDs.

In other words, stop *****ing about the inevitable censorship of material that's considered highly offensive (not to mention illegal) on a children's television network.

daveshan

My little friend
I somewhat dislike Naruto but mostly the dub. This is partly because the edited one of the best episodes and made it one of the gayest one. They changed drunken fist into the gayest name they could come up with, the "loopy fist"
You are joking, right? The changing of the name of an attack causes the episode to go from best to worst? That makes so little sense it hurts my head.

I mean they can have people throwing shurikens and daggers at eachother but not alcohol references?
Wait, so you resent them for not allowing alcohol references, but you don't commend them for allowing the showing of characters throwing shurikens and daggers at each other?

Look, Naruto is a kids' show, so they have to follow the standards that kids' shows go by. That means drugs=/=cool things happening.

Rave

Banned

I loved the dragon ball series but then something happened. Any character not named Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta, were wiped out an a massive genocide where they were forced to stand in the background or die to the newest villain is 5.2 seconds.

The shitty reasoning of this post is just so terrible.