• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Naruto VS Dragon Ball GT (will probably have spoilers)

You know, I think you already know which two options are gonna be on here...

• Total voters

Rex Kamex

Okay, I bet you're wondering why I'm doing this. In fact, I know you're wondering why I'm doing this, considering all the endless "Naruto VS" threads of the past. But... I'm really curious about which one will get the most votes, considering that Naruto doesn't have the greatest reputation here, but DBGT is the exact same way. Yeah. That's my excuse.

Basicaly, I figured that one of these threads wouldn't be (as) bad as long as the other serious is just as infamous. (Same reason I made a Dragon Ball VS One Piece thread a while back, except that those were series that more people really liked.)

Of course, this can be closed, or I can delete this post, if even this "Naruto VS" thread will not do. Also, no flame wars. please. (Because I know saying that will automatically eliminate any chances of that happening.)

Anyway, which series do you like better, and why? (I'm going to conveniently do other things rather than vote on my own poll.)

Chris

Old Coot
GT at least knew when to quit. It brought up a lot of contradictions, but it at least gave the series a proper ending in the end and only lasted 64 episodes.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
GT at least knew when to quit. It brought up a lot of contradictions, but it at least gave the series a proper ending in the end and only lasted 64 episodes.

Naruto still could give a proper ending. I don't see it happening though. Both series are about equal to me.

Chris

Old Coot
It's pretty much fallen into generic shonen quality. There's no hope for a proper ending.

Kabuto

little punks!
Well DBZ is greater than both combined (and most anime mind you), but I think Naruto was better than GT. GT barely followed continuity and also destroyed every character not named Goku Pan and Trunks.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Well DBZ is greater than both combined (and most anime mind you), but I think Naruto was better than GT. GT barely followed continuity and also destroyed every character not named Goku Pan and Trunks.

You do mean the beginning of Z before the Cell/Android saga, right?

Please tell me you do.

Also Dragonball, the original DB, trumps all of them by far. :|

Rex Kamex

Cipher

Nothing to be done
You know what, poor taste be damned. I like Dragon Ball GT. I have found that fans generally hate it for two reasons: it has numerous plotholes, and it has a less serious tone than Dragon Ball Z. Both these problems are mitigated by realizing that Dragon Ball was never, at any point, a serious show. In the end, all GT really did was add some good music, bring the titular objects back into focus, adopt a lighter tone, and provide the same campy fun as always. Its concepts were also generally better than the last two-thirds of DBZ.

Naruto pales in comparison to any form of Dragon Ball for one simple reason: It's like Dragon Ball that expects you to take it seriously. I'm not down with that.

Last edited:

Umbreon Ruler

Swim for your life.
As a DB/Z/GT fan since I was like seven, I'm gonna have to choose GT. I might've chose Naruto if it would just get on with the story instead of creating a mountain of "stare fillers" where basically the only thing that happens is the characters stare at each other, and maybe throw in a few "witty" lines.

Asuka said:

And it always, always will.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
As a DB/Z/GT fan since I was like seven, I'm gonna have to choose GT. I might've chose Naruto if it would just get on with the story instead of creating a mountain of "stare fillers" where basically the only thing that happens is the characters stare at each other, and maybe throw in a few "witty" lines.
As much as I prefer it to Naruto, Dragon Ball is still the king of "stare fillers."

When Goku was fighting Frieza I swear I sat through "five minutes" of nothing but staring, if you catch my drift.

Rex Kamex

But if I put that on the list, the poll would be one-sided.

(Right now, it's tied.)

Grumpy Old Man said:

GT's better because it didn't last long? (Come to think of it though, there are more episodes in the big batch of Naruto fillers than there are GT episodes...)

Last edited:

Red Ryu

GT was way too late to end it. It should have stopped right the android arc, everything after that was utter crap.

As for the series themselves Naruto is better than GT by a mile and a half.

Now if we were talking about Dragonball...

Red Ryu

GT was way too late to end it. It should have stopped right after the android arc, everything after that was utter crap.

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
GT was way too late to end it. It should have stopped right after the android arc, everything after that was utter crap.

Naruto isn't that much better than GT. And Why should it have stopped AFTER the android arc? That arc was the most boring for me out of all of them.

Red Ryu

Naruto isn't that much better than GT. And Why should it have stopped AFTER the android arc? That arc was the most boring for me out of all of them.

...It's a a lot better. I can't even think of a competent story in GT that kept me interested, or better yet one that didn't completely rip off of a previous movie/story for a plot.

and the reason it should have ended right at the android arc was for the simple fact it had tied up most of what was to happen and it played out the story well enough to at least give it a good ending. The previous arc left holes that needed filling in, which the android one filled in at the beginning and after it was done there wasn't anything left that needed to be done.

Rex Kamex

Except... DBZ isn't one of the choices.

Anyway, one thing I did like about GT was the concept of using the Dragon Balls too much, considering that the concept was about... the Dragon Balls.